inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What music genre do you think next decade will have the biggest change?

Written By: 1997days on 04/07/19 at 6:19 pm

Out of all the know music genres now which one will have the biggest style change or evolve.Like rap,pop,rnb,and all the dance genres now which genre could possibly be the next genre that spawns a new side to coincide with the new decade the most.

Subject: Re: What music genre do you think next decade will have the biggest change?

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 04/07/19 at 6:48 pm

Maybe Lo-fi could overtake Trap, or infiltrate it. With pop,  I hope its Electro swing or modern Jazz, with R&B and Hip Hop taking place, so it's a New Jack Swing equivalent.

Subject: Re: What music genre do you think next decade will have the biggest change?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/08/19 at 2:29 am

Here in the UK, there is an interest of classical music in the younger generations, for they are fed up with the modern day pop music.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/08/19 at 6:42 pm

Here in the UK, there is an interest of classical music in the younger generations, for they are fed up with the modern day pop music.
Kinda similar in the US at least with Rock and hip-hop.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/09/19 at 1:30 am

Maybe Lo-fi could overtake Trap

Nah man I hope not. Lo-Fi is wayy too similar to trap. And it's not even new, it's been popular on YouTube all throughout this decade. Sounds too much like today's modern style and nothing new. I hope what comes is something totally brand new. And I hope rap takes a break from the mainstream for a while, it needs it. I hope rock comes back.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/09/19 at 1:31 am

I think the biggest change will be some genre we don't even know about today that sounds way different and doesn't exist yet.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/09/19 at 1:33 am

Kinda similar in the US at least with Rock and hip-hop.

Rock and Hip Hop aren't classical music. Classical music is a genre/musical style. Like by Beethoven or Mozart or Bach, music popular in the 1600s and 1700s. I also listen to classical music when I study.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/09/19 at 2:37 am

Rock and Hip Hop aren't classical music. Classical music is a genre/musical style. Like by Beethoven or Mozart or Bach, music popular in the 1600s and 1700s. I also listen to classical music when I study.
It was Beethoven when I did my homework way back in the 1970s.

Written By: Emman on 04/09/19 at 2:14 pm

I think it's just going to be the same old rap/r&b that's been popular for over 20 years. I think the decade as a cultural phenomena thing is over, the noughties and teens never became a thing and probably the twenties won't either. Pretty sad. :\'(

Written By: Slim95 on 04/09/19 at 3:09 pm

I think it's just going to be the same old rap/r&b that's been popular for over 20 years. I think the decade as a cultural phenomena thing is over, the noughties and teens never became a thing and probably the twenties won't either. Pretty sad. :\'(

There is some distinction. Just not as much as the decades in the 20th century and I blame the internet for that. But there are things you can see that are distinct.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/10/19 at 4:37 pm

Nah man I hope not. Lo-Fi is wayy too similar to trap. And it's not even new, it's been popular on YouTube all throughout this decade. Sounds too much like today's modern style and nothing new. I hope what comes is something totally brand new. And I hope rap takes a break from the mainstream for a while, it needs it. I hope rock comes back.

What are some examples of songs or artists that are LoFi?

Check for new replies or respond here...