inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Facebook adds ‘secret crushes’ so you can see the friends thirsting after you

Written By: 2001 on 05/01/19 at 5:12 pm

The feature no one asked for!! :o

-----

Facebook Dating still isn’t available in the United States. But in the five countries where it launched already — and the 14 more that are joining the service today — there’s a new way to see which friends might be romantically interested in you. “Secret Crush,” as the feature is called, lets you express interest in up to nine friends. If that friend has opted into Facebook Dating and likes you back, they get a notification saying someone likes them. If they pick you as one of their secret crushes, you both get notified.

You can add any of your Facebook friends even if they haven’t created a Dating profile, the company said. That could entice more reluctant Facebook users to give Dating a shot — who isn’t curious to see whether a friend secretly likes them?

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/30/18522924/facebook-f8-secret-crushes-dating-app-hinge-feature

----

Facebook Dating has been available here in Canada since the end of last year, but I didn't care for it until now. 👀 I'm both terrified and curious  ;D

Subject: Re: Facebook adds ‘secret crushes’ so you can see the friends thirsting after you

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/19 at 5:31 pm

What the heck is this...

If some of my friends did have a secret crush on me, their married partners would be claiming a divorce!

Subject: Re: Facebook adds ‘secret crushes’ so you can see the friends thirsting after you

Written By: floppy on 05/01/19 at 6:13 pm

Is this how you get a girl friend?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/01/19 at 7:26 pm

I think it's nice.  ;D

Written By: exodus08 on 05/01/19 at 7:48 pm

I think it's funny.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/02/19 at 2:55 pm

Is this how you get a girl friend?

I wouldn't use the app. ::)

Written By: violet_shy on 05/02/19 at 3:06 pm

I wouldn't use the app. ::)

Well I'm guessing that if anyone does use it and they do get secret crushes on the app it would be from people they know. Which is kinda weird when I think about it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/19 at 3:27 pm

Out of interest to this topic, I have not seen on my FB Profile.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/08/19 at 11:30 am

Out of interest to this topic, I have not seen on my FB Profile.

May be they knew you weren't going to use the app.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/19 at 7:06 am

May be they knew you weren't going to use the app.
Exactly right? I have no interest in such.

Written By: Howard on 05/15/19 at 3:24 pm

And why would my friends thirst after me?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/19 at 3:25 pm

And why would my friends thirst after me?
Practically, all my friends are already in happy relationships, and therefore no need... ? 

Written By: 2001 on 05/15/19 at 3:42 pm

I still haven't got a crush *cries*

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/19 at 3:45 pm

Probably, FB has pulled it, after all the problems they are having at the moment?

Written By: Howard on 05/16/19 at 3:29 pm

I still haven't got a crush *cries*

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_f1a733e7-709f-40ce-96a2-2233cb25abcb?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

Here's a crush.  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/16/19 at 6:05 pm

Maybe Chucky will be implementing this at InThe00s ?  ???

Written By: Slim95 on 05/18/19 at 11:29 am

I don't have Facebook so that's irrelevant for me.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/19 at 2:01 pm

I don't have a Facebook either.

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/19 at 12:17 pm

Are you trolling? I could've sword you said you have Facebook lol

Written By: Slim95 on 05/19/19 at 12:21 pm

Are you trolling? I could've sword you said you have Facebook lol

No I'm not lol. I don't have Facebook anymore. I deleted back in January.

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/19 at 12:27 pm

No I'm not lol. I don't have Facebook anymore. I deleted back in January.

Oh, nice. I haven't deleted Facebook but I don't use it anymore  I still use Messenger/Instagram/WhatsApp though  :-[

Written By: Slim95 on 05/19/19 at 1:07 pm

Oh, nice. I haven't deleted Facebook but I don't use it anymore  I still use Messenger/Instagram/WhatsApp though  :-[

I don't use any of those either. But I do use Viber, which is similar to What's App but better in my opinion. And I still use YouTube but that's all really. I don't use social media much anymore. I even deleted my Discord and Twitter and a bunch of other time wasters. :P I've never even had Instagram or Snap Chat it just never appealed to me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/19 at 1:13 pm

I find myself looking at FB less often now, I use Messenger more.

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/19 at 1:43 pm

I don't use any of those either. But I do use Viber, which is similar to What's App but better in my opinion. And I still use YouTube but that's all really. I don't use social media much anymore. I even deleted my Discord and Twitter and a bunch of other time wasters. :P I've never even had Instagram or Snap Chat it just never appealed to me.

Viber... Are you trying to bring back 2013? ;D

I should probably follow your lead. I spend too much time online

I find myself looking at FB less often now, I use Messenger more.

I don't think I've posted a new status on FB since last year.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/19/19 at 3:20 pm

Viber is so in for people outside North America I find. Most of the people on my Viber are from Europe or other places around the world. But I still always use it today along with my family.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/19 at 3:22 pm

Now I have not used that for ages, was it discontinued?

I don't think I've posted a new status on FB since last year.
I only do birthdays.

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/19 at 3:28 pm

Viber is so in for people outside North America I find. Most of the people on my Viber are from Europe or other places around the world. But I still always use it today along with my family.

I remember it being popular in 2012/2013 before everyone switched to WhatsApp. Actually, I think I had Viber, because my aunt from the US got me to use it so we could keep in touch.

I only do birthdays.

Last I remember some company bought it out, and my family switched en masse to WhatsApp. That company must've done something bad to get everyone to switch, lol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/19 at 3:31 pm

I remember it being popular in 2012/2013 before everyone switched to WhatsApp. Actually, I think I had Viber, because my aunt from the US got me to use it so we could keep in touch.

Last I remember some company bought it out, and my family switched en masse to WhatsApp. That company must've done something bad to get everyone to switch, lol.
O0

My wife would Viber all the time, but I never did preferring Messenger.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/19/19 at 3:34 pm

Dude I just said that I use it on a daily basis. No it's not discontinued. You can still download it on the app store.

Viber is very efficient to me. You can do group chats, group calls, video calls, etc. It works very well. I don't like What's App personally, I feel Viber is more clean and easier to use. And my family overseas uses it so I like sticking to it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/19 at 3:36 pm

Dude I just said that I use it on a daily basis. No it's not discontinued. You can still download it on the app store.
Thank you answering that question.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/23/19 at 2:13 pm

I am not on Facebook, or Twitter or Instagram. I'm only on Youtube. And I have my own website but that's not really social media. I'm happy I'm not on any social media sites!

Written By: Howard on 05/24/19 at 7:29 am

I am not on Facebook, or Twitter or Instagram. I'm only on Youtube. And I have my own website but that's not really social media. I'm happy I'm not on any social media sites!

Me neither and I plan to have it stay that way!

Check for new replies or respond here...