inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A quick apology

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/06/19 at 7:15 pm

Hey guys, so you may know how disappointed I am with pop culture lately, and how I keep repeating explaining how 2019 is not going well, and how the other years were better.

I just wanna apologize for kinda being annoying on the boards, I'm just upset how music is right now, and how 2019 is going. I tried keeping it to myself, but it just got harder and harder for me, and I couldn't keep the frustration, so I wanted to Express my feelings in the boards. But I found out I was kinda being repetitive so I'm sorry about that.

I'll try not to be repetitive this time, and try to have fun in the boards, so this way, it will keep this website fun for others and not an annoying place because of me. But it's just that pop culture has been boring for me lately, and I had to Express my thoughts, but this time, I'll be more optimistic.

Thanks.

-Early2010sGuy

Subject: Re: A quick apology

Written By: violet_shy on 05/06/19 at 7:20 pm

I think everyone's allowed to their own thoughts, opinions and comments. It doesn't bother me at all!

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/06/19 at 7:21 pm

I think everyone's allowed to their own thoughts, opinions and comments. It doesn't bother me at all!

Thanks for the good comment! I'm glad you were alright with the '2019 sucks repetition'

Written By: bchris02 on 05/06/19 at 8:27 pm

Hey guys, so you may know how disappointed I am with pop culture lately, and how I keep repeating explaining how 2019 is not going well, and how the other years were better.

I just wanna apologize for kinda being annoying on the boards, I'm just upset how music is right now, and how 2019 is going. I tried keeping it to myself, but it just got harder and harder for me, and I couldn't keep the frustration, so I wanted to Express my feelings in the boards. But I found out I was kinda being repetitive so I'm sorry about that.

I'll try not to be repetitive this time, and try to have fun in the boards, so this way, it will keep this website fun for others and not an annoying place because of me. But it's just that pop culture has been boring for me lately, and I had to Express my thoughts, but this time, I'll be more optimistic.

Thanks.

-Early2010sGuy

2019 has sucked for me too, but more in my personal life.  I'd say the one bright spot of the late 2010s for me is the music.  I didn't care for music as much in the mid '10s but since 2017 I think it has been a lot better.  Outside of that though, 2019 is shaping up to be a fitting end to this decade from hell.  Hopefully, if my plans come to fruition, some major changes happen in my life in 2020.

TV is okay right now.  Movies have really sucked the past couple of years in my opinion.  It seems like Hollywood has run out of ideas.

Written By: 2001 on 05/06/19 at 8:43 pm

I didn't notice your negativity, to be honest. It only bothers me when people think the world is coming to an end and that humanity is rotten to its core, because pop music in 2019 is bad. Talk about dramatic.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/06/19 at 8:57 pm

I didn't notice your negativity, to be honest. It only bothers me when people think the world is coming to an end and that humanity is rotten to its core, because pop music in 2019 is bad. Talk about dramatic.

Yeah thanks, but don't worry, it won't last forever

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/06/19 at 9:00 pm

2019 has sucked for me too, but more in my personal life.  I'd say the one bright spot of the late 2010s for me is the music.  I didn't care for music as much in the mid '10s but since 2017 I think it has been a lot better.  Outside of that though, 2019 is shaping up to be a fitting end to this decade from hell.  Hopefully, if my plans come to fruition, some major changes happen in my life in 2020.

TV is okay right now.  Movies have really sucked the past couple of years in my opinion.  It seems like Hollywood has run out of ideas.

Same, I mean- the 2010s isn't the worst decade ever, I've heard worse like the 1930s and '40s. The 2010s are ok for the most part for me personally, it's just the late 2010s that bothers me.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/06/19 at 9:02 pm

Same, I mean- the 2010s isn't the worst decade ever, I've heard worse like the 1930s and '40s. The 2010s are ok for the most part for me personally, it's just the late 2010s that bothers me.

The 2010s for me might as well have been the 1930s.  2011 was my last "good" year.  Right now, the best way to describe my own life is "it's darkest just before the dawn."  Time will make some changes possible for me in the near future, but I still have another 9 months to a year of hell to get through first.

But this is my personal life.  It's not that way for everyone.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/06/19 at 10:08 pm

The 2010s for me might as well have been the 1930s.  2011 was my last "good" year.  Right now, the best way to describe my own life is "it's darkest just before the dawn."  Time will make some changes possible for me in the near future, but I still have another 9 months to a year of hell to get through first.

You'll get through it. Just keep working. Keep saving what needs to be saved. Eat better. Get rest. Do something special for yourself every once in a while.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/07/19 at 1:46 am

Yeah. Don’t worry, it wont last forever, theres always a bright future ahead of you, Its understandable people go through tough times, but most of them got through it, just try to focus on the good side of life, it doesn’t have to be 2010s culture, which is why older generation pop culture is here for, if you don’t like today’s trends.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/07/19 at 5:37 am

I know, I agree everyone is making remakes. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/19 at 6:49 am

Hollywood is the USA. What about the rest of the world?

Written By: 1997days on 05/07/19 at 7:43 am

i agree the only okay thing to me right now is the music everything else seems pretty stale in pop culture right now,but im sure the year 2020 will see major pop culture reshuffle.

Written By: Dundee on 05/07/19 at 6:24 pm

We're doomed to have "this year sucks, the previous years were better" members 'till the end of all-time anyway since all members of a community having a good year simultanously is near impossible.

I feel quite bad for you if you not having a good 2019 so far, especially since being 15 was personally one of my favorite ages :(.

Written By: 2001 on 05/07/19 at 7:09 pm

Hollywood is the USA. What about the rest of the world?

I love Korean thrillers. The Train to Busan was an amazing movie.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/07/19 at 9:39 pm

We're doomed to have "this year sucks, the previous years were better" members 'till the end of all-time anyway since all members of a community having a good year simultanously is near impossible.

I feel quite bad for you if you not having a good 2019 so far, especially since being 15 was personally one of my favorite ages :(.

Yeah. Besides just the bad pop culture of '19, I'm also suffering through mental problems with school and LOTS of uncontrollable homework, as well as people I dislike from my school, but I'm glad I found this website and met you guys.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/11/19 at 2:43 pm

2018 and 2019 were both awful years. Please don't apologize. There's nothing to like about 2019 besides if your personal life is going well and all that. I gave up on pop culture a long time ago it's ruined for me now and there's no redeeming it. When people think a singer like Bellie Elish is unique and sophisticated you know we're doomed  :P Oh well I will just listen to music from my MP3 Player. Mainstream pop music is supposed to be catchy and listenable but it's not anymore. Movies are supposed to be relatable and they are not anymore. Maybe I'm just old, but I've moved on now and I am not very hopeful for the 2020s pop culture wise but for my personal life I will continue to make goals and enjoy life as we all should.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/11/19 at 3:03 pm

Yeah. Besides just the bad pop culture of '19, I'm also suffering through mental problems with school and LOTS of uncontrollable homework, as well as people I dislike from my school, but I'm glad I found this website and met you guys.

I don't know what you're going through and I know it's really hard, but YOU CAN DO IT! Don't bother with people who only bring you down. Don't allow their negativity to get in the way of your success in life. I know what it's like to have tons of school work it can be stressful! It just takes more focusing on that.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/11/19 at 7:10 pm

I don't know what you're going through and I know it's really hard, but YOU CAN DO IT! Don't bother with people who only bring you down. Don't allow their negativity to get in the way of your success in life. I know what it's like to have tons of school work it can be stressful! It just takes more focusing on that.

Aww thanks Jessica! It feels good to be with nice people around, because at least I can release my feelings towards one person to help me out, keeping problems to myself got harder and harder throughout the days.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/11/19 at 7:12 pm

2018 and 2019 were both awful years. Please don't apologize. There's nothing to like about 2019 besides if your personal life is going well and all that. I gave up on pop culture a long time ago it's ruined for me now and there's no redeeming it. When people think a singer like Bellie Elish is unique and sophisticated you know we're doomed  :P Oh well I will just listen to music from my MP3 Player. Mainstream pop music is supposed to be catchy and listenable but it's not anymore. Movies are supposed to be relatable and they are not anymore. Maybe I'm just old, but I've moved on now and I am not very hopeful for the 2020s pop culture wise but for my personal life I will continue to make goals and enjoy life as we all should.

Yeah. I just feel tired with 2010s pop culture. Sure, we are technically out of the core 2010s, but the late 2010s are even darker, and theres no denying that... But don't worry, not all bad things last forever, and theres hope. If not, it's ok to listen to older pop culture, and theres nothing wrong with that

Written By: violet_shy on 05/11/19 at 7:41 pm

Aww thanks Jessica! It feels good to be with nice people around, because at least I can release my feelings towards one person to help me out, keeping problems to myself got harder and harder throughout the days.

Oh keeping these sorts of problems to oneself is not a good idea. Talking about them is best! And like I said, you've definitely got this. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/19 at 5:18 am

I love Korean thrillers. The Train to Busan was an amazing movie.
I have only seen a handful of Korean thrillers, I'll watch out for your suggested one.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/19 at 2:35 pm

Oh keeping these sorts of problems to oneself is not a good idea. Talking about them is best! And like I said, you've definitely got this. :)

It's always good to vent your feeling, it's never a good idea to bottle it up.

Check for new replies or respond here...