inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your song of the decade?

Written By: bchris02 on 05/06/19 at 9:11 pm

If you could pick one song to represent your personal life this decade, what would it be?  Here is mine.  This song almost is my life, albeit for different reasons than Zayn.

EB32NhsQGJA

Subject: Re: Your song of the decade?

Written By: 2001 on 05/06/19 at 10:05 pm

Really nice song choice. From the posts you made here, I can see why you find it relatable  :o

Personally I don't have one song. I was 17 to 26 this decade, I've been through four stages of life this decade so I can think of just one song to summarize it all. ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/19 at 4:09 am

I'll wait till the decade is over before I decide on my best record...

Written By: 2001 on 05/08/19 at 9:17 am

I'll wait till the decade is over before I decide on my best record...

I don't think it's meant to be your favourite song, but the song that relates most to your life story for the decade

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/08/19 at 9:52 am

Really nice song choice. From the posts you made here, I can see why you find it relatable  :o

Personally I don't have one song. I was 17 to 26 this decade, I've been through four stages of life this decade so I can think of just one song to summarize it all. ;D

Ditto. 15 in 2010 to 24 in 2019. You go through a lot of change in those years.

Still, this decade has been a big learning curve for me - it’s been an adventure with lots of self-discovery. I was in a tough place at 15, and I wish I could go back and tell my teenage self that life gets better.

So I think I’d pick this song:

QtXby3twMmI

Written By: fgbn on 05/08/19 at 11:20 am

this one, its a very new song but i think it encapsulates the whole 2010s feel perfectly
Gd0MJ0hwZ7M

Written By: bchris02 on 05/08/19 at 12:26 pm

Ditto. 15 in 2010 to 24 in 2019. You go through a lot of change in those years.

Still, this decade has been a big learning curve for me - it’s been an adventure with lots of self-discovery. I was in a tough place at 15, and I wish I could go back and tell my teenage self that life gets better.

So I think I’d pick this song:

QtXby3twMmI

I was at my peak in 2010 and am at rock bottom now.  Out of my three decades this has definitely been my worst.  Right now I'm trying everything I can to try to pick up the pieces of my life and move forward.  I'm hoping by 2025 that I'm looking back on all this as a distant memory.  But I'm not super optimistic.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/19 at 4:03 am

I don't think it's meant to be your favourite song, but the song that relates most to your life story for the decade
I will still wait for the end of the decade for there may be a song yet ti be released that will relate to me.

Check for new replies or respond here...