inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2015-2016 school year

Written By: mc98 on 05/11/19 at 1:40 pm

3 years already? Well then, I was in 11th grade in this period, I think I'm starting to miss this period. This year was very mid 2010s with tiny late 2010s influence creeping in.

Tropical House was in full swing this year with songs like Sorry, I Took a Pill In Ibiza, What Do You Mean, Fast Car, Lush Life. Dancehall was also very popular such as Work, One Dance, Locked Away, Cheap Thrills. Trap had a lot of presence in the charts with Panda, 2 Phones, Low Life, and Jumpman. The comeback of Justin Bieber, Beyonce, and Adele was really huge this year, it felt like an event. Hotline Bling's music video was also talked about a lot. The Chainsmokers made their comeback by being serious artists. Future was the biggest rapper this year, people couldn't stop listening to him. I also enjoyed 21 Pilots, they aren't as popular now as they were in 2016. My favorite song of this year was Faded by Alan Walker.

Politically, this was the last full Obama year. It's also the beginning the 2016 election where you couldn't stop hearing the names Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Many people thought Hillary Clinton would win the election.

For video games, Undertale and Fallout 4 were really huge. I don't know if it counts for this year but Pokemon GO was pretty darn huge in July 2016. Pokemon never had this much attention since 1999.

Dabbing became popular this year and it was funny at first but it got stale pretty fast in a few months. I really hated Damn Daniel back then, it was a pretty terrible meme. I enjoyed watching Youtubers like Filthy Frank and LeafyisHere (Before the backlash). Many people in my school rode hoverboards and I thought it was pretty stupid. This was the last year that Instagram had it's classic look and completely changed in mid May.

Subject: Re: 2015-2016 school year

Written By: Slim95 on 05/11/19 at 2:32 pm

I remember when I thought dabbing meant smoking weed and felt old when I learned that's not what it meant.

Written By: 2001 on 05/11/19 at 2:34 pm

I joined inthe00s :D I used to post from my uni's library. And when bchris02 posted that pic of All Time Low in their underwear...  8-P :-[

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/11/19 at 4:51 pm

I started my final year of university.  :o

This is also around the time that I started feeling really disconnected from internet culture and memes started flying over my head. I still don’t know what dabbing is.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 05/11/19 at 11:50 pm

I joined inthe00s :D I used to post from my uni's library. And when bchris02 posted that pic of All Time Low in their underwear...  8-P :-[

Sounds like me when I joined inthe00s in May 2017 and I would just go on it during geography class lol.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/12/19 at 12:37 am

This is when I moved back to NC after my first year of college didn't go so well in NYC (long story behind that). This was around the time I started learning about generation theories and reading on perC little did I know how connected it was to inthe00s. The Wii u was in it's last full year on the market and it was a huge backlash on it after e3 2015. Lots of die-hard Nintendo fans gave up on it at that point. Little did we know the rumored nx (now switch) would become Nintendo greatest comeback of all time. The 2016 election was beginning and the idea of Trump as president was still looked at as a joke (boy did he shut up a lot of liberals).  I overall miss this time period since it was my last full teenage year. It was just such a fresh start for me. 

Written By: mc98 on 05/12/19 at 2:36 pm

This is when I moved back to NC after my first year of college didn't go so well in NYC (long story behind that). This was around the time I started learning about generation theories and reading on perC little did I know how connected it was to inthe00s. The Wii u was in it's last full year on the market and it was a huge backlash on it after e3 2015. Lots of die-hard Nintendo fans gave up on it at that point. Little did we know the rumored nx (now switch) would become Nintendo greatest comeback of all time. The 2016 election was beginning and the idea of Trump as president was still looked at as a joke (boy did he shut up a lot of liberals).  I overall miss this time period since it was my last full teenage year. It was just such a fresh start for me.

The Wii U will go down as Nintendo's worst mistake. A lot of Tropical House and Dancehall hits this year. Trap rap was also dominating but not in Soundcloud style, Young Thug and Future were kings of Trap during the time. This was the last year for One Direction to release music as a group although without Zayn.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 05/12/19 at 3:36 pm

Favorite song of the year was also Faded by Alan Walker.  It really described where I was in life at this point. I was in my early college years living away from home in my nearest city and was very emotionally drained.

Written By: Milk on 05/13/19 at 1:34 am

this was the school year where i first fell in love  :-[

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/13/19 at 9:07 am

The Wii U will go down as Nintendo's worst mistake. A lot of Tropical House and Dancehall hits this year. Trap rap was also dominating but not in Soundcloud style, Young Thug and Future were kings of Trap during the time. This was the last year for One Direction to release music as a group although without Zayn.
Virtal boy takes that claim but the Wii u is definitely a huge disappointment for a lot of reasons but it still had great games.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/01/22 at 8:26 pm

Most transitional school year of the 2010s imo. This is when politics started getting out of hand, streaming became very popular and meme culture became much closer to what it is today.

Check for new replies or respond here...