inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The All Screen cellphone era has started (goodbye notch)

Written By: duenas8 on 05/17/19 at 11:05 am

A few years Jony Ive (Principal designer of Apple) confessed that his ideal iPhone would be “a single sheet of glass”, now his dream is closer than ever because cellphone manufacturers have started to ditch the notch and replacing it with a pop-up camera. Here’s the last releases of Asus and OnePlus:

bIV6E8XTdD8
Ls_dxo6vNTc

Subject: Re: The All Screen cellphone era has started (goodbye notch)

Written By: 2001 on 05/17/19 at 3:37 pm

OnePlus always releases interesting phones.

My Galaxy S9+ frustrates me sometimes though with how sensitive the sides are. If I rest my palms on them it detects it as a touch.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/18/19 at 11:23 am

It's nothing new. A bunch of phones had no notches last year including one where they put another screen at the back of the phone and a couple others with slide out cameras and pop up cameras. I think it's still dumb and I'm waiting for foldable phones to mature because it's time for a change. In the meantime, I don't care about having a small bezel on my phone. It doesn't bother me at all.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/18/19 at 12:13 pm

What I would like to see is a spherical phone, one whose entire surface is the display screen.

One of the key features of my BallPhone® design is that if you've lost your phone, you can contact it via wifi and it will roll towards you.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 12:19 pm

What I would like to see is a spherical phone, one whose entire surface is the display screen.

One of the key features of my BallPhone® design is that if you've lost your phone, you can contact it via wifi and it will roll towards you.  8)
Patent the ideas quickly before anyone else jumps in on it?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/18/19 at 12:52 pm

Patent the ideas quickly before anyone else jumps in on it?

Well I am waitIng for my paperwork to complete on my RodPhone® design first. Then I’ll file for the BallPhone®.

The RodPhone® is a cylindrical shape which you can stand on end. The entire cylindrical surface provides an “edgeless display”. Instead of having to thumb down to scroll a page, you simply roll the RodPhone® in your hand to scroll. No matter which end you stand it up on, it sets the display to read right-side-up.

Additionally the core of the RodPhone® is hollow, where you can install two AA-sized lithium batteries instead of the expensive batteries the other manufacturers force on the public.  (The BallPhone®, on the other hand, necessitates wireless charging.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 12:58 pm

Well I am waitIng for my paperwork to complete on my RodPhone® design first. Then I’ll file for the BallPhone®.

The RodPhone® is a cylindrical shape which you can stand on end. The entire cylindrical surface provides an “edgeless display”. Instead of having to thumb down to scroll a page, you simply roll the RodPhone® in your hand to scroll. No matter which end you stand it up on, it sets the display to read right-side-up.

Additionally the core of the RodPhone® is hollow, where you can install two AA-sized lithium batteries instead of the expensive batteries the other manufacturers force on the public.  (The BallPhone®, on the other hand, necessitates wireless charging.)
Good luck with it all!

Written By: Howard on 05/18/19 at 1:58 pm

Man LB, you come up with the weirdest ideas.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/19 at 2:00 pm

That is where the best inventions come from!

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/18/19 at 8:50 pm

Thats what they were telling Steve Jobs back in the day, too.  ;D

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/19/19 at 4:35 pm

It started with the Xiamo Mi Mix 1 in late 2016...

Check for new replies or respond here...