inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have You Joined The Fitness / Health Wagon of The Late 2010s?

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/19/19 at 6:59 pm

Have you gotten a gym membership, started dieting (especially using KETO), or started wearing ADIDAS clothing in the last 2 and half years?

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a5076e7a43a0cec6129489319d0fb728e2cd1814/c=0-264-5184-3193/local/-/media/2018/01/09/DetroitFreeP/DetroitFreePress/636511123683338298-IMG-5890-1-.jpg?width=800&height=680&fit=crop

http://www.bridgerskifoundation.com/images/bridgerskifoundation/8439-adidas-hoodies-tumblr.jpg

http://bodyketosis.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/perfect-keto-starter-pack.jpg

Subject: Re: Have You Joined The Fitness / Health Wagon of The Late 2010s?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/19/19 at 7:05 pm

Lol. I’ve been health conscious throughout the entire decade. But yeah, I have noticed that more and more people are becoming conscious about health. There’s so many Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and Aldi’s to keep track of.

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/19 at 7:47 pm

I joined the gym last year and the resilts are showing.  8)

I try to eat healthy but I will NEVER force myself to eat disgusting food. People pretending to like dark chocolate and low fat dairy need to stop.

I don't do keto because I'm on the skinny side. I don't wear athleisure outside the gym; I actually prefer people thinking I don't exercise, for some reason (it's getting harder to hide though)

I HATE the "organic"/"non-GMO" trend with a passion. All the anti-science crap masquerading as "healthy" makes me seethe with anger like no other, you wouldn't believe it ;D

Written By: bchris02 on 05/19/19 at 9:05 pm

I've lost 40 pounds, if that counts.

Written By: musicguy93 on 05/19/19 at 9:36 pm

I try to keep healthy, regardless of what's currently trendy. However, I'm definitely not a health freak. I like to enjoy junk food every now and then, but I generally have a well balanced diet. I don't eat any of that kale crap or quinoa, or any of those other foods that are hyped as the "miracle health food" or whatever.

I don't have a gym membership at the moment, since I've recently moved, but I plan to get one soon (but not to Planet Fitness  8-P).I go for jogs/runs outside.

I don't shop at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's (though I occasionally get their chocolate bars).

I'm not too familiar with the keto diet, so I can't say anything about that. I HATE athleisure. That's all I'm going to say.

But I honestly question the effectiveness of this current trend of fitness and health, because from what I know, the obesity rate is still rising (in the U.S. at least).

Written By: 2001 on 05/19/19 at 9:52 pm

I've lost 40 pounds, if that counts.

Nice! (Unless that was through some grave illness  :-X)

But I honestly question the effectiveness of this current trend of fitness and health, because from what I know, the obesity rate is still rising (in the U.S. at least).

I don't think it changes anything either. As you pointed out, the obesity rate is rising. One might argue that it makes people who were already healthy even healthier, but let's not forget that the average life expectancy dropped for the first time in 40 years recently too (with obesity and the opioid epidemic being the biggest factors), which shows people are becoming less healthy on average on the whole.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/20/19 at 12:28 am

Nice! (Unless that was through some grave illness  :-X)

No, just walking, running, and trying to eat more healthy.  I could have lost the weight much faster if I wanted to do a more strict diet but I allow myself junk food, in moderation.

Written By: Howard on 05/20/19 at 5:20 am

I don't have a gym membership and don't ever think I will join one at all in the near future, I just do what I can to stay healthy and stay below 200 pounds which I have been my whole entire life.

Written By: Dundee on 05/20/19 at 1:24 pm

Btw Keto is a terrible diet if you keep in and out of it. You risk winning twice the weight back if you put it on hold (I know a few people who worsen their figure this way :p). It's a permanent lifestyle choice above all else

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/20/19 at 1:34 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=33937.0

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/19 at 1:41 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=33937.0

Cat
Can the two topics be merged?

Written By: 2001 on 05/20/19 at 1:45 pm

Can the two topics be merged?

No, this thread s about trendy health stuff and fad diets, such as athleisure clothing, Fitbits, Fitstagram, keto diet, avocados, gluten free, GMOs etc

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/20/19 at 2:26 pm

No, this thread s about trendy health stuff and fad diets, such as athleisure clothing, Fitbits, Fitstagram, keto diet, avocados, gluten free, GMOs etc
Okey dokey!

I have never signed up to a gym, for I feel with equipment I could do more damage to my back than what there is right now. So while back I was told walking is the best exercise for me, and more recently, at the start of the year, I was introduce to a health app om my phone which records steps taken for the days, along with other various details. My regular daily walking does do me a world of good, except when it is raining. With other bodily conditions, of which I will not give the details here, my doctor recommended a good 30 minute walk a day, to make sure of it, I do an hour, or may be more.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/20/19 at 3:24 pm

I've been going to the gym regularly since 2012, but I was inconsistent for 4 years and now since 2016 I haven't stopped going to the gym. I bench pressed 200 lbs a couple years ago, although it doesn't look like it with my arms. I'm still a runner first before a bodybuilder.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/20/19 at 4:17 pm

I do weight training 3 times a week but not with any desire to get ‘big’. I try to eat healthily with varying levels of success - and I have a junk day every week where I eat whatever I want.

I don’t run very often but I do play tennis at a local club, and ride my bike pretty often depending on the weather.

My weight has been the same since I was 17 or so (155 pounds at 5’11), though I’m a lot stronger now than I was then.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/20/19 at 5:57 pm

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/869619002439053141/82CE2BE0E78B294018D74C973568277100F4C18E/

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/20/19 at 6:10 pm

I've been going to the gym regularly since 2012, but I was inconsistent for 4 years and now since 2016 I haven't stopped going to the gym. I bench pressed 200 lbs a couple years ago, although it doesn't look like it with my arms. I'm still a runner first before a bodybuilder.

Look at ya killa

Since I've been becoming more consistent at the gym in the last few years, I've been listening to a lot of rock music from the 80s to pump me up. This gem comes to mind especially when doing a heavy set :D

siwpn14IE7E

Written By: 2001 on 05/20/19 at 9:27 pm

😭 I can still only bench 110 lbs for me (I use dumbbells though because hypertrophy is literally all I care about lol). And same, I'm a cyclist before a bodybuilder.

Written By: Howard on 05/21/19 at 7:21 am

I used to bench press back when I was in High School, I forgot how much but I was in good shape back then.

Check for new replies or respond here...