inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can you believe the decade is almost over?

Written By: Slim95 on 05/28/19 at 11:28 pm

It feels like yesterday it was New Years 2010, when I went to Banff to celebrate the end of the decade. This decade just really flew by to be honest... Not much has changed (especially when you compare it to '00 - '09) except for a few minor changes. Some stuff changed with me but still, going from 14 to 24 is obviously not as big as going from 5 to 14, so this decade just felt like a flash. Where did the time go?  ??? I am excited to be done and over with the 2010s though, and start fresh. I'm gonna celebrate exiting 2019 on New Years this year so much... Goodbye decade from hell!  ;D

Subject: Re: Can you believe the decade is almost over?

Written By: violet_shy on 05/29/19 at 11:20 am

To me it went by slowly. It wasn't the greatest decade, but I will look back on it when I reminisce about my 30s.  :)

Written By: bchris02 on 05/29/19 at 11:57 am

Been a decade from hell for me and I don't really see things improving much in the near term.  Glad it's almost over but I'm definitely not looking forward to starting the next decade with a hangover from this one.  I'm also pretty sad because I would have liked to experience this decade under better circumstances.

And I disagree that there hasn't been changes this decade.  It's been different from the 2000s, but a big part of the reason why things are the way they are right now is we had too much social change too quickly.

Written By: 2001 on 05/29/19 at 12:24 pm

It went by too fast. I'll remember this decade and my ages 17-26 very fondly.  :\'(

Written By: Slim95 on 05/29/19 at 1:44 pm

And I disagree that there hasn't been changes this decade.  It's been different from the 2000s, but a big part of the reason why things are the way they are right now is we had too much social change too quickly.

Only some changes politically and a couple advancements in tech and a few changes in culture. Nothing massive. In 2010 I thought we would be in another world in 2019 and I thought it would look very futuristic. For an older person like my dad, there is actually no difference between 2010 and 2019. I felt this decade was very consistent with not much that has changed. Tech is moving so slow but I guess that makes sense because I grew up in the era of the internet and mobile revolution so maybe everything after the 2000s will be boring and the same to me lol. But I wish there were new changes in pop culture at least like before.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/29/19 at 1:49 pm

Only some changes politically and a couple advancements in tech and a few changes in culture. Nothing massive. In 2010 I thought we would be in another world in 2019 and I thought it would look very futuristic. For an older person like my dad, there is actually no difference between 2010 and 2019. I felt this decade was very consistent with not much that has changed. Tech is moving so slow but I guess that makes sense because I grew up in the era of the internet and mobile revolution so maybe everything after the 2000s will be boring and the same to me lol. But I wish there were new changes in pop culture at least like before.

Instead it's like the clock has been set back 70 years.

Written By: Howard on 05/29/19 at 2:42 pm

Wow, I don't know where this decade went but it sure went by so damn fast!  :o

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/29/19 at 4:38 pm

It’s my coming of age decade so I will always remember it, for better or worse. It’s not been too bad though. Politically it’s gone to the dogs but my personal life has only gotten better with each passing year.

It’s kind of crazy that this decade is almost over but I can believe it too - honestly the early 2010s are starting to feel kind of distant. Not really long ago, but also not recent, if that makes sense. I started the decade at 14 and I’m ending it at 24 - that is a big difference.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/29/19 at 5:55 pm

It’s my coming of age decade so I will always remember it, for better or worse. It’s not been too bad though. Politically it’s gone to the dogs but my personal life has only gotten better with each passing year.

It’s kind of crazy that this decade is almost over but I can believe it too - honestly the early 2010s are starting to feel kind of distant. Not really long ago, but also not recent, if that makes sense. I started the decade at 14 and I’m ending it at 24 - that is a big difference.

To me it wasn't hugely different.  And I'm shocked how time flied and the decade is already over. But good riddance to the 2010s.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/29/19 at 5:57 pm

Wow, I don't know where this decade went but it sure went by so damn fast!  :o

It's crazy. Time speeds up as I get older I noticed.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/29/19 at 5:58 pm

The Early 2010s feels a lot different from the Mid and Late Core 2010s. Late 2010s, its like the Late Core 2010s without that Early 2013-Mid 2016 feel.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/29/19 at 6:00 pm

Yeah, honestly, the 2010s weren't that bad for me either, if you focus on the good side, we had EDM, Artists like Shawn Mendes and Charlie Puth, games like GTA 5 and Minecraft, technology advancements with smartphones, and a few more, which makes this decade seem ok depending on your taste.

I understand Slim95 really hates the 2010s, but not all things last forever

Written By: Slim95 on 05/29/19 at 6:02 pm

I will always hate this decade. Hopefully the next decade will be better but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/29/19 at 6:03 pm

Yeah, honestly, the 2010s weren't that bad for me either, if you focus on the good side, we had EDM, Artists like Shawn Mendes and Charlie Puth, games like GTA 5 and Minecraft, technology advancements with smartphones, and a few more, which makes this decade seem ok depending on your taste.

I liked early 2010s pop culture but I started losing interest as the decade went on, which I guess is normal as you get older.

The only thing I hate about this decade, as mentioned, is the political developments of the late 2010s (or post-2016).

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/29/19 at 6:11 pm

I liked early 2010s pop culture but I started losing interest as the decade went on, which I guess is normal as you get older.

The only thing I hate about this decade, as mentioned, is the political developments of the late 2010s (or post-2016).

The Early 2010s Will always destroy the late 2010s. Music was flashy and electronic thanks to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, unlike the over repetitive Trap sound. Lots of songs from 2010-2017 had more meaning than 2018 and 19 too, ranging from Kelly Clarkson, to Meghan Trainor (Kinda weird to add her here but she showed good messages in 2014), to Alessia Cara. Now we dont have that, Its all pessimism because of XXXTentacion and Billie Eilish. Movies, TV shows, and games were far more diverse too. The late 2010s, suck. Early 2010s were like 2010% better.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/29/19 at 6:14 pm

The Early 2010s Will always destroy the late 2010s. Music was flashy and electronic thanks to Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, unlike the over repetitive Trap sound. Lots of songs from 2010-2017 had more meaning than 2018 and 19 too, ranging from Kelly Clarkson, to Meghan Trainor (Kinda weird to add her here but she showed good messages in 2014), to Alessia Cara. Now we dont have that, Its all pessimism because of XXXTentacion and Billie Eilish. Movies, TV shows, and games were far more diverse too. The late 2010s, suck. Early 2010s were like 2010% better.

Music was okay in the mid 2010s and some parts of the late 2010s imo but early and late 2010s was bad. 2018 and 2019 you can argue is even worse than the early 2010s music but I really disliked early 2010s music. So music on the whole was bad this decade when you factor everything in. Even in the mid 2010s there were some bad songs.

Written By: mc98 on 05/29/19 at 6:55 pm

The Early 2010s feels a lot different from the Mid and Late Core 2010s. Late 2010s, its like the Late Core 2010s without that Early 2013-Mid 2016 feel.

Early 2010s and mid 2010s aren't that different from each other. The music trends were different but it was still upbeat in the mid 2010s. Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Drake, Ed Sheeran, and Rihanna were very consistent in this decade. Honestly, I really don't believe in the "late core 2010s" , it's just late 2010s imo. Music from 2017 doesn't sound that different from 2019. Here's how I group this decade:

Late 2008 - Mid 2010: Transitional period between late 00s and early 10s
Late 2010 - Mid 2013: Early 2010s
Late 2013 - Mid 2016: Mid 2010s
Late 2016 - Mid 2019: Late 2010s

Written By: mqg96 on 05/29/19 at 7:21 pm

I know. Hey, we all knew these days would come at some point. It's only going to keep on going and going. Nothing we can do about it. We gotta lead the newer generations as our teachers gray out.

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/29/19 at 7:50 pm

People here are hating on the late 2010s but I think once enough time has passed people will get nostalgic for them, it always happens. I mean many people online used to brutally hate the late 00s-early 10s but now nostalgia for them exploded since 2018.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/29/19 at 7:53 pm

Early 2010s and mid 2010s aren't that different from each other. The music trends were different but it was still upbeat in the mid 2010s. Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Drake, Ed Sheeran, and Rihanna were very consistent in this decade. Honestly, I really don't believe in the "late core 2010s" , it's just late 2010s imo. Music from 2017 doesn't sound that different from 2019. Here's how I group this decade:

Late 2008 - Mid 2010: Transitional period between late 00s and early 10s
Late 2010 - Mid 2013: Early 2010s
Late 2013 - Mid 2016: Mid 2010s
Late 2016 - Mid 2019: Late 2010s

Mid 2010s are even better than the late 2010s, I agree that it's far more upbeat than today's. But I would say that the difference between 2010 and 2014 is quite noticable. 2014 did have a tiny bit of electropop, but DJ Mustard R&B, Regular pop, bubblegum pop, and pop Trap is what defined 2014 in music. Netflix shows like House of Cards and Orange is the new black took over shows like Breaking Bad, and Disney Channel was on the decline. Call of duty was still popular in 2014, but it started to become stale thanks to COD Ghosts, thus, making GTA 5 and Minecraft more popular, and FNAF doesnt sound 2010 either. YouTubers like Pewdiepie, JackSepticEye, Rowan Atwood, and other YouTubers were on the rise, but Ryan Higa and Smosh remained popular. Technology and Social Media was completely different. Skeuomorphism was on the decline with Flat taking over, because of Windows 8 and iOS 7, but Windows 7 ironically still remained popular over 8. Xbox One and PS4 became the next big thing. In Social Media, Facebook and Twitter were dominant in 2010, but Instagram, Snapchat, and Vine became dominant in 2014, but Facebook remained popular until 2016. Mid 2010s are noticeably different.

The reason I put Late Core 2010s and Late 2010s in separate eras is because of some reasons:
-Mumble rap was killed off in 2019 in favour of Trap pop or lyrical trap
-Game of Thrones was still at its peak in 2017, but its ending
-Same with Big Bang Theory, its ending
-Mid or Late Core 2010s introductions like Khalid, Billie Eilish, Halsey, Post Malone are taking over the charts, even though Shawn Mendes and Ed Sheeran still topping the charts. Even though they were big In 2017, they're now considered dominant, unlike in 2017
-MCU still wasnt affected in 2017, no Infinity War or Endgame stuff
-Fortnite. Despite becoming popular in late 2017, it's more popular now, and the polished 2017 fortnite vibe is gone
-Disney 2019 remakes is at it's full swing
-Theres lack of diversity in music nowadays, no pop rock, as Imagine Dragons has died our of the charts, and EDM is on the decline thanks to overplayed trap
-Because EDM is now mostly out of the charts, and phones with bezels are becoming more and more dated as the days pass by, the Mid 2010s feeling is fading.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/29/19 at 8:03 pm

People here are hating on the late 2010s but I think once enough time has passed people will get nostalgic for them, it always happens. I mean many people online used to brutally hate the late 00s-early 10s but now nostalgia for them exploded since 2018.

I still hate the early 2010s lol. I think I will always hate the late 2010s pop culture wise, personal life wise though it wasn't bad.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/29/19 at 8:05 pm

I still hate the early 2010s lol. I think I will always hate the late 2010s pop culture wise, personal life wise though it wasn't bad.

I'm glad you feel better at least  :)

Written By: mc98 on 05/29/19 at 8:26 pm

Mid 2010s are even better than the late 2010s, I agree that it's far more upbeat than today's. But I would say that the difference between 2010 and 2014 is quite noticable. 2014 did have a tiny bit of electropop, but DJ Mustard R&B, Regular pop, bubblegum pop, and pop Trap is what defined 2014 in music. Netflix shows like House of Cards and Orange is the new black took over shows like Breaking Bad, and Disney Channel was on the decline. Call of duty was still popular in 2014, but it started to become stale thanks to COD Ghosts, thus, making GTA 5 and Minecraft more popular, and FNAF doesnt sound 2010 either. YouTubers like Pewdiepie, JackSepticEye, Rowan Atwood, and other YouTubers were on the rise, but Ryan Higa and Smosh remained popular. Technology and Social Media was completely different. Skeuomorphism was on the decline with Flat taking over, because of Windows 8 and iOS 7, but Windows 7 ironically still remained popular over 8. Xbox One and PS4 became the next big thing. In Social Media, Facebook and Twitter were dominant in 2010, but Instagram, Snapchat, and Vine became dominant in 2014, but Facebook remained popular until 2016. Mid 2010s are noticeably different.

The reason I put Late Core 2010s and Late 2010s in separate eras is because of some reasons:
-Mumble rap was killed off in 2019 in favour of Trap pop or lyrical trap
-Game of Thrones was still at its peak in 2017, but its ending
-Same with Big Bang Theory, its ending
-Mid or Late Core 2010s introductions like Khalid, Billie Eilish, Halsey, Post Malone are taking over the charts, even though Shawn Mendes and Ed Sheeran still topping the charts. Even though they were big In 2017, they're now considered dominant, unlike in 2017
-MCU still wasnt affected in 2017, no Infinity War or Endgame stuff
-Fortnite. Despite becoming popular in late 2017, it's more popular now, and the polished 2017 fortnite vibe is gone
-Disney 2019 remakes is at it's full swing
-Theres lack of diversity in music nowadays, no pop rock, as Imagine Dragons has died our of the charts, and EDM is on the decline thanks to overplayed trap
-Because EDM is now mostly out of the charts, and phones with bezels are becoming more and more dated as the days pass by, the Mid 2010s feeling is fading.

1. There is literally a Young Thug song topping the Spotify charts lmao
2. Game Of Thrones been popular since it first debuted in 2011, I wouldn't call it a "late core 2010s" trend.
3. Been popular since the late 2000s.
4. Post Malone and Khalid have been dominating since 2017.
5. MCU started in 2008.
6. Actually, Fortnite peaked in 2018, I don't really hear a lot of it nowadays.
7. Disney been making remakes since 2016.
8. Sucker and that Shawn Mendes song are pop rock.
9. I agree with you on that.

Plus, Minecraft was popular in 2011.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/29/19 at 8:34 pm

I see I see, everybody has different opinions but yeah. It's just me basically Haha.

Back on topic, I'm actually surprised by how fast the 2010s went for me! 2014 still feels recent to me, a little dated for sure, but it's something to note. I even remember listening to a lot of Katy Perry and Rihanna in 2010-12, it was soo fun! Man, how time flies. The Mid 2010s honestly was the fastest out of all of the eras.

Written By: GameXcaper on 05/29/19 at 11:42 pm

I want to forget this decade, but won't be able to. Them being the entirety of my teenage years and going from the age of 10 to 19 (Well 9 in the first half of 2010). The early 2010s was an exception, it was an amazing time, being the final years of my childhood, before smartphones and social media became ubiquitous, the last years of 7th gen consoles, and will always be better than the mid or late 2010s in my opinion. The mid-2010s, despite not being so much different then the late 2010s was still better. So, Early 2010s >>>>>>> Mid 2010s > Late 2010s. The 2020s will encompass all of my 20s, and since your 20s are supposed to be your best years, I really hope they are much better than this decade.

Written By: woahjoey on 05/30/19 at 2:28 am

I agree this decade flew by.  I remember in 2010 when I was in 10th grade, a college counselor said that the ages 16 - 26 are the most important in establishing yourself; and I just so happen to be ending this decade at nearly 26.  I've changed a lot and I feel like the world has changed a lot too. As a queer guy, I'm thankful for the strides the LGBTQ+ community has made, which had carried over from the previous decade's marriage debates. 

I think people in my micro-generation (early-mid 90s borns) became politically aware, with just having Obama elected in 08, and then the 2016 & 2018 elections.  I notice a lot more classmates from high school become way more politically active in the recent years.  I think people are really fed up with what's going on, especially with the recent abortion bans.

Similar to above, there were growing social movements this decade: #BLM, the Women's March(es), #MeToo (although it originally began a decade earlier), Parkland's March for Our Lives, all of the wide-scale teacher strikes. I know SJWs sometimes leave a sour taste in this sub's mouth, but I do think that the societal consciousness was raised in part by their push to be more "politically correct" and to push cultural / societal issues to the fore front.  I hope this activism continues and grows in the coming decade :)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/30/19 at 6:17 am

I want to forget this decade, but won't be able to. Them being the entirety of my teenage years and going from the age of 10 to 19 (Well 9 in the first half of 2010). The early 2010s was an exception, it was an amazing time, being the final years of my childhood, before smartphones and social media became ubiquitous, the last years of 7th gen consoles, and will always be better than the mid or late 2010s in my opinion. The mid-2010s, despite not being so much different then the late 2010s was still better. So, Early 2010s >>>>>>> Mid 2010s > Late 2010s. The 2020s will encompass all of my 20s, and since your 20s are supposed to be your best years, I really hope they are much better than this decade.
I used a smartphone the whole entire decade.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/30/19 at 6:24 am

I agree this decade flew by.  I remember in 2010 when I was in 10th grade, a college counselor said that the ages 16 - 26 are the most important in establishing yourself; and I just so happen to be ending this decade at nearly 26.  I've changed a lot and I feel like the world has changed a lot too. As a queer guy, I'm thankful for the strides the LGBTQ+ community has made, which had carried over from the previous decade's marriage debates. 

I think people in my micro-generation (early-mid 90s borns) became politically aware, with just having Obama elected in 08, and then the 2016 & 2018 elections.  I notice a lot more classmates from high school become way more politically active in the recent years.  I think people are really fed up with what's going on, especially with the recent abortion bans.

Similar to above, there were growing social movements this decade: #BLM, the Women's March(es), #MeToo (although it originally began a decade earlier), Parkland's March for Our Lives, all of the wide-scale teacher strikes. I know SJWs sometimes leave a sour taste in this sub's mouth, but I do think that the societal consciousness was raised in part by their push to be more "politically correct" and to push cultural / societal issues to the fore front.  I hope this activism continues and grows in the coming decade :)
This decade has been our coming of age decade for sure. I was just entering high school in 2010 and now turning 23 in a few weeks. This decade feels more consistent for us since we were already culturally conscious at the start of the decade. I still remember tons of songs from 2010 and even the phones that came out that year.

Written By: Howard on 05/30/19 at 7:36 am

It's crazy. Time speeds up as I get older I noticed.

and I'm in my middle 40's!  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/19 at 9:23 am

It ain't over till it's over!

Written By: Dundee on 05/31/19 at 8:56 am

https://i.imgur.com/IPghP0z.jpg
Going fast!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/19 at 9:10 am

Going fast!
At the end of the day would you agree on 41.36%?

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/31/19 at 11:25 am

I associate Cardi B and Migos as the front runners of the late 10's, and maybe Post Malone.

Anyhow this decade made me appreciate the 00's even though I didn't care for it while we were living through it, but looking back it seems like the good ol days compared to this decade. Hopefully we won't feel that way about the 10's in the late 2020's, but we probably will.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/19 at 3:19 pm

Going fast!

According to time and date, we got about 214 more days till 2020.

Written By: fgbn on 06/01/19 at 4:40 am

no Slim this has been the shortest decade ive lived through, how about you?

Written By: Slim95 on 06/01/19 at 12:14 pm

no Slim this has been the shortest decade ive lived through, how about you?

Same

Written By: rapplepop on 06/01/19 at 8:53 pm

2010 actually seems like a long time ago to me in some ways. It's weird though, some things I did then seem like ages ago, but other things seem very recent. I don't think the world has changed that much though, you'd have to go back to the early 2000s I think to really experience a world that felt different.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/01/19 at 9:49 pm

2010 actually seems like a long time ago to me in some ways. It's weird though, some things I did then seem like ages ago, but other things seem very recent.

Same as me. All of the late '00s and early 2010s feel that way to me.

I don't think the world has changed that much though, you'd have to go back to the early 2000s I think to really experience a world that felt different.

I agree with that. At this point the early 2000s can be considered a different world. But the early 2010s are not there yet and won't be for some time.

Overall though this decade really flew by and I can't believe it's over.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 06/02/19 at 1:50 pm

2010 actually seems like a long time ago to me in some ways. It's weird though, some things I did then seem like ages ago, but other things seem very recent. I don't think the world has changed that much though, you'd have to go back to the early 2000s I think to really experience a world that felt different.

I mean- The Early 2010s would be the same technically, in terms of everyday life and technology, but it's less minimalistic or dark. Pop culture in general is completely different, but everyday life is the same, we had and still have smartphones.

For the early 2000s, yeah, I guess it's different. We still have no smartphones, but instead, flip phones, computers, and video game consoles. Social media still didnt take over the world, and kids still played outside.

Written By: Dundee on 06/02/19 at 2:06 pm

I mean- The Early 2010s would be the same technically, in terms of everyday life and technology, but it's less minimalistic or dark. Pop culture in general is completely different, but everyday life is the same, we had and still have smartphones.

For the early 2000s, yeah, I guess it's different. We still have no smartphones, but instead, flip phones, computers, and video game consoles. Social media still didnt take over the world, and kids still played outside.
You've been brainwashed by this forum members' pessimism, weren't you ;D?

Still, smartphones in 2010 were nowhere near able to do what they are doing right now, and loads of people opted for cheaper alternatives like touchscreen dumbphones. The tablet market was still pretty much unspoken of, despite the iPad coming out that year, and let alone those tablet-computers that are everywhere nowadays. Tvs were quite bulky compared to the paperthin ones of nowadays, and had lots of inbuilt gimmicks like 3D and stereographic views instead of weird shapes. Music consumption was still completely dominated by digital files. A far cry from 2019 where that market is basically dead. As well as things like drones, VR and voice assistants not being serious deals back thenw
Not to mention, 2010 was a mostly pre-"Netflix 'n Chill" world. If you ask me that's super dated right ther :D!

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/02/19 at 2:27 pm

The early 2010s were the last time that feature phones were more common than smartphones. I don’t feel like the actual technology has changed significantly but the prevalence of it undeniably has.

Still, an iPhone from 2010 looks very dated now.

Written By: mc98 on 06/02/19 at 2:37 pm

The early 2010s were the last time that feature phones were more common than smartphones. I don’t feel like the actual technology has changed significantly but the prevalence of it undeniably has.

Still, an iPhone from 2010 looks very dated now.

Even smartphones from 2013 look dated compared to today.

https://www.greatsoftline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/new-smartphones-2013-600x330.jpg

Written By: Howard on 06/02/19 at 2:42 pm

Same as me. All of the late '00s and early 2010s feel that way to me.
I agree with that. At this point the early 2000s can be considered a different world. But the early 2010s are not there yet and won't be for some time.

Overall though this decade really flew by and I can't believe it's over.

I can't believe we're heading into the 2020's. :o

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 06/04/19 at 1:58 pm

Any phone released before 2015 is dated. IPhone 6 isn't getting iOS 13

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/04/19 at 2:45 pm

Any phone released before 2015 is dated. IPhone 6 isn't getting iOS 13

I have an iPhone 8 but might upgrade to the X in September.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 06/04/19 at 4:40 pm

I have an iPhone 8 but might upgrade to the X in September.

Ooh nice, what about the XR?

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/04/19 at 4:51 pm

Ooh nice, what about the XR?

Depends on which is cheapest really. I currently pay £33 a month for my iPhone 8 with 30gb of data. I don’t want to go over £40 ideally. I’ll have to shop around, or see if my provider can give me a deal - they often will if you threaten to leave.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 06/07/19 at 5:57 pm

You've been brainwashed by this forum members' pessimism, weren't you ;D?

Still, smartphones in 2010 were nowhere near able to do what they are doing right now, and loads of people opted for cheaper alternatives like touchscreen dumbphones. The tablet market was still pretty much unspoken of, despite the iPad coming out that year, and let alone those tablet-computers that are everywhere nowadays. Tvs were quite bulky compared to the paperthin ones of nowadays, and had lots of inbuilt gimmicks like 3D and stereographic views instead of weird shapes. Music consumption was still completely dominated by digital files. A far cry from 2019 where that market is basically dead. As well as things like drones, VR and voice assistants not being serious deals back thenw
Not to mention, 2010 was a mostly pre-"Netflix 'n Chill" world. If you ask me that's super dated right ther :D!

No it's not that, I'm just saying that some technology from the Early 2010s aren't too different from today. Yes, technology nowadays is more advanced and all, but its pretty much the same pattern. The early 2010s had smartphones like the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5, unlike now where we have Galaxy S10s and iPhone X series models. But they're still smartphones, nothing will break the advancement chain. Same with laptops, we had Laptops since the 90s, and despite it's more advanced, it doesnt mean a laptop isn't a laptop. Heck, a PC built from 2011 with a 2nd generation Intel processor with 4GB of RAM is still usable today for web browsing, and luckily gaming. I know we didnt have voice assistants like Alexa or Google Home, but we still had Siri in 2011. It's mainly software that looks visually different.

Check for new replies or respond here...