inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MGTOW, Feminism and A.I.

Written By: duenas8 on 06/03/19 at 3:01 am

While feminism has been doing very popular since the last 4/3 years, a "not so new" gender community has increased a lot its popularity in the last months, it's called: MGTOW, which basically they're men who want to stay away from women, to stop dating and not have children, in favor of self-developing for their lives.

In the last days I've been thinking whether these are just late 2010's trends or revolutionary movements where they will have a bigger impact in the future and if this case is the second one, it could have a decisive role in the developing of AI Relationships and SexBots in the near future. Any thoughts of this crazy theory?

Subject: Re: MGTOW, Feminism and A.I.

Written By: 2001 on 06/03/19 at 10:09 am

Sexbots are coming with or without incels and it's gonna be amazing!

Also MGTOW sounds like

https://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Thats+totally+why+i+dont+have+a+girlfriend+_8c6dc40dcab7dc921f478cec07e3a372.jpg

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/03/19 at 10:23 am

While feminism has been doing very popular since the last 4/3 years, a "not so new" gender community has increased a lot its popularity in the last months, it's called: MGTOW, which basically they're men who want to stay away from women, to stop dating and not have children, in favor of self-developing for their lives.

In the last days I've been thinking whether these are just late 2010's trends or revolutionary movements where they will have a bigger impact in the future and if this case is the second one, it could have a decisive role in the developing of AI Relationships and SexBots in the near future. Any thoughts of this crazy theory?

I suspect these MGTOW dudes are not celibate by choice.

Written By: Howard on 06/03/19 at 1:58 pm

Sexbots are coming with or without incels and it's gonna be amazing!

Also MGTOW sounds like

https://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Thats+totally+why+i+dont+have+a+girlfriend+_8c6dc40dcab7dc921f478cec07e3a372.jpg

How is one guy going to have sex with a sexbot?

Written By: 2001 on 06/03/19 at 2:09 pm

How is one guy going to have sex with a sexbot?

At the sperm donation bank, they have these machines that pleasure you until you can pump it out. I'm imagining that sexbots will implement that if not have other cool features.

Written By: Howard on 06/03/19 at 2:18 pm

At the sperm donation bank, they have these machines that pleasure you until you can pump it out. I'm imagining that sexbots will implement that if not have other cool features.

sexbots will be the new GFE's of the future.

Written By: Milk on 06/03/19 at 2:33 pm

no offense but this sounds dumb as sheesh

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/03/19 at 3:59 pm

I've bumped into a bunch of MGTOW vids and most of the guys tend to be normal looking and some even have great personalities (to my surprise), but at some point I realized that each of those guys either had some kind of serious personality disorder or they had a sexist worldview, or they were very resentful about things, or some combination of the previous.

Written By: 2012emo on 06/03/19 at 8:53 pm

Yep, I'm sure they're INTENTIONALLY staying away with women and not because of other reasons  ::)

Written By: rapplepop on 06/04/19 at 4:33 pm

I think MGTOWs fall into two categories: men without social skills who women do not like (at least in a sexual/romantic way) for that reason, and they start to resent women because of that, and men who have gone through bitter divorces. I think it's pretty immature to swear off an entire gender, but some of the stuff MGTOWs advocate for men, like being fulfilled without the need for a relationship and self-reliance are admirable. So I can't hate on the movement 100 percent.

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/07/19 at 6:28 pm

It's fine if these men want to focus on their own lives, but treating women as evil lepers is downright wrong. Fine if you don't want to date, but there's nothing wrong with having women as friends. The whole MGTOW movement has major overlap with MRA and red pill crap.  ::) Some of it may be backlash against feminism, but I suspect a good share of it has to do with a few bad dating experiences.

Celibate is always be choice. That's the definition of the word. But yes, the red pill and incel mindset I'm sure is common among them.

Check for new replies or respond here...