inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ****PLEASE STOP With The (whatever year) Borns*****

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/19 at 2:34 pm

I have had a few complaints about people who degrade others who were born in a certain year or after a certain year. PLEASE STOP!!!! It is getting old and very tiring.

If people continue, I will start issuing warnings and I'm sure most of you know by now, that I am serious about my warnings.

I didn't know what section to put this thread in because I know it happens in just about ALL of them. If you see someone in another section doing that, please give them the link to this thread.

Cat

Subject: Re: PLEASE STOP With The (whatever year) Borns

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/19 at 2:36 pm

I have had a few complaints about people who degrade others who were born in a certain year or after a certain year. PLEASE STOP!!!! It is getting old and very tiring.

If people continue, I will start issuing warnings and I'm sure most of you know by now, that I am serious about my warnings.

I didn't know what section to put this thread in because I know it happens in just about ALL of them. If you see someone in another section doing that, please give them the link to this thread.

Cat
...and make it a sticky so it will stay on top and does not disappear down the board.

Written By: 2001 on 06/14/19 at 2:40 pm

...and make it a sticky so it will stay on top and does not disappear down the board.

People usually ignore stickies lol. Better to keep the caps-lock topic around until it does fall out the first page, and then it can be stickied. :P

Anyway I have a feeling I know who you are talking about and he has been on my ignore list for a while.

Written By: Dundee on 06/14/19 at 2:52 pm

https://media0.giphy.com/media/rYCbb0KkIT0Nq/giphy.gif

Subject: Re: ****PLEASE STOP With The (whatever year) Borns*****

Written By: mqg96 on 06/14/19 at 4:40 pm

Cat

I know EXACTLY who you're talking about. I'll stop relying to them.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/15/19 at 4:04 pm

I never understood those “birthdayology” posts. They were nonsense.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/15/19 at 4:07 pm

I thought I was the only one annoyed because of it, lol. Thanks Cat!!

Written By: GameXcaper on 06/16/19 at 9:28 am

Yeah, it's kind of annoying.

On a side note CatwomanofV you've been on these boards for quite a long time, and I saw your username on a post from 2006 talking about how people will think of the 90s in the next decade the same way they thought of the 80s back then. So, has the 90s revival been exactly how you expected it?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/19 at 3:53 pm

Yeah, it's kind of annoying.

On a side note CatwomanofV you've been on these boards for quite a long time, and I saw your username on a post from 2006 talking about how people will think of the 90s in the next decade the same way they thought of the 80s back then. So, has the 90s revival been exactly how you expected it?

I have been on these boards since the beginning of time. Ok, not really. There are a few people who have been on longer than I have. I joined in 2002.

I don't usually go to the '90s section so you go to the '90s section, you can see for yourself and you tell me if I was right. But, I'm pretty sure I am because I am ALWAYS right.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  (j/k)

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/19 at 4:03 pm

I have been on these boards since the beginning of time. Ok, not really. There are a few people who have been on longer than I have. I joined in 2002.

I don't usually go to the '90s section so you go to the '90s section, you can see for yourself and you tell me if I was right. But, I'm pretty sure I am because I am ALWAYS right.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D  (j/k)

Cat

I go back to ‘04.

So I am not an “O.G.” But pretty close to that.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/19 at 4:44 pm

I go back to ‘04.

O.G.? Please enlighten me.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/19 at 4:56 pm

O.G.? Please enlighten me.

Cat

O.G. means “Original Gangster”.  Vernacular for somebody who was around “in the beginning of something”.

I once used the term with a customer. Dude was a little snot-nosed brat who was talking crap about a particular aspect of his business, of which I was (unknown to him) the founder about 10 years prior.  I told him “you are talking out of your butt... I’m the O.G. on this product line and you do not have a clue.”  After he did his research he became considerably more respectful.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/19 at 5:25 pm

O.G. means “Original Gangster”.  Vernacular for somebody who was around “in the beginning of something”.

I once used the term with a customer. Dude was a little snot-nosed brat who was talking crap about a particular aspect of his business, of which I was (unknown to him) the founder about 10 years prior.  I told him “you are talking out of your butt... I’m the O.G. on this product line and you do not have a clue.”  After he did his research he became considerably more respectful.  ;D

Thanks for enlightening me. When I think of O.G. I think of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera (Opera Ghost-as he referred to himself). That didn't fit in this context so I knew that wasn't it. lol.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 06/17/19 at 5:43 am

I go back to ‘04.

I go back close to 20 years, I started in early 2001.

Check for new replies or respond here...