inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2010s ends with war?

Written By: exodus08 on 06/20/19 at 3:45 am

I don't like making predictions like this but as Trump tries to make war with Iran it's possible that sometime this year we'll be in another war in the middle east. Not sure if it'll happen but if it does we'll probably enter the '20s at war with Iran. What do you guys think?

Subject: Re: 2010s ends with war?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/19 at 5:35 am

The US has no business fooling around in the Middle East.

Let those people fight it out, winner-take-all. Our involvement over there, over the decades, has resulted in nothing but grief for us.

Israel has nukes. Let it defend itself. US leaders do not understand that NO country over there is our “friend”. And that includes Israel who deliberately strafed the USS Liberty, and employs spies against the USA, like Jonathan Pollard.

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/20/19 at 9:20 am

I don’t think there will be war with Iran, and as crazy as it might sound I don’t think Trump even wants it.

Written By: 2001 on 06/20/19 at 10:26 am

With Trump strengthening the hard-liners in Iran and giving voice to the war hawks at home, it's probably a matter of time before a regrettable accident happens or things escalate to a point of no return. I'm hoping I'm wrong though. The people of both countries (who don't want war) deserve much better leaders.  ::)

Written By: Elor on 06/20/19 at 10:29 am

I don’t think there will be war with Iran, and as crazy as it might sound I don’t think Trump even wants it.
Let's hope for the best but some people are playing with fire at the moment.

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/20/19 at 10:33 am

Let's hope for the best but some people are playing with fire at the moment. Lots of brinkmanship.

Yes the situation is dangerous, the risk of conflict right now is probably accidental rather than intentional.

It’s also worth pointing out that Iran isn’t Iraq or Libya - it’s a much bigger country with a significantly more powerful military. This wouldn’t be a case of drop a few bombs and then leave - the logistics are completely different. I’d hope even hawks like Bolton understand that, but who knows. Time will tell.

Written By: exodus08 on 06/20/19 at 7:19 pm

Iran said it does not want war but his ready for it. Trump says what Iran did to the US drone was a big mistake.

Check for new replies or respond here...