inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Keanu Reeves' career revival

Written By: GameXcaper on 06/27/19 at 12:27 am

Keanu Reeves is big again all of a sudden like he was in the 90s (20 years ago). This also happened with Travolta in the 70s and the 90s. Marlon Brando and Elvis Presley in the 50s and 70s. I'm pretty sure there are many other actors like this as well who have a sudden career renaissance after 20 years or so. What do you think? feel free to name any other actors, musicians or celebrities who you might think this has happened to.

Subject: Re: Keanu Reeves' career revival

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/27/19 at 4:57 am

I’d like so see him star in a Superman movie so that he could follow in the cinematic footsteps of George Reeves and Christopher Reeves.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/27/19 at 5:40 pm

There is no relation whatsoever, he is actually Hawaiian.

I always thought he was Canadian.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/27/19 at 8:37 pm

I always thought he was Canadian.

Hawaiian, Canadian, tomato, tomahto, it's all the same.

Actually, Wikipedia says:

Keanu Charles Reeves was born in Beirut on September 2, 1964, as the son of Patricia (née Taylor), a costume designer and performer, and Samuel Nowlin Reeves, Jr. His mother is English and from Essex. His father, an American from Hawaii, is of Chinese-Hawaiian, English, Irish, and Portuguese descent.  Reeves states that his grandmother is Chinese and Hawaiian and that he grew up around Chinese art, furniture, and cuisine.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/28/19 at 4:58 am

Well in any event, it would be cool to see him cast as Superman. It’s been a long time since a Reeves emerged from a phone booth, donning the cape and tights.

Written By: Howard on 06/28/19 at 7:48 am

Well in any event, it would be cool to see him cast as Superman. It’s been a long time since a Reeves emerged from a phone booth, donning the cape and tights.

I just can't see Keanu as Superman, he'd be too funny.

Written By: Retrolover on 06/28/19 at 8:42 am

Well, the only phone booth I want to see this Reeves emerge from is the one outside of the Circle K.  ;D

Can’t wait to see the teaser for Bill & Ted 3: Face the Music.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/02/19 at 11:05 am

I’d like so see him star in a Superman movie so that he could follow in the cinematic footsteps of George Reeves and Christopher Reeves.  8)
George Reeve was Superman in the 1950s television series and not cinematic as of Christopher Reeves.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/02/19 at 6:30 pm

George Reeve was Superman in the 1950s television series and not cinematic as of Christopher Reeves.

But he was the O.G. And as such is the patriarch of the Superman casts.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...