inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Homelander or Alpha

Written By: Retrolover on 07/28/19 at 1:20 pm

What is the best name for the newest generation? Homelander or Alpha?

Subject: Re: Homelander or Alpha

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/19 at 4:19 pm

It appears that Alpha has Been chosen as the selected name.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2019/jan/04/move-over-millennials-and-gen-z-here-comes-generation-alpha

Written By: exodus08 on 07/28/19 at 6:21 pm

It appears that Alpha has Been chosen as the selected name.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2019/jan/04/move-over-millennials-and-gen-z-here-comes-generation-alpha

Lol Generation Z born from Mid-1990 and on? I think the writer was trying to say Mid-90s because no way I'm I part of Gen Z.

Edit: Didn't notice it was a British artical. Americans born in 1990 aren't part of Gen Z but are 100% Millennials.

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/19 at 4:51 pm

Generation Alpha is already taken (by me).

Written By: 2012emo on 08/05/19 at 12:38 pm

"Homelander" is very American-centric and alienates literally 96% of the world. Alpha is better.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/13/19 at 1:46 pm

Homeland sounds too much like a television series.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/13/19 at 5:13 pm

What is the best name for the newest generation? Homelander or Alpha?

Homelander is already deemed for Generation Z. This is based on the creation of the Department of Homeland Security that was created after the 9/11 attacks, in which Generation Z have no memories of life before 9/11 (and depending on the definition, they would've never existed prior either).

Once again, can we please just let kids of the 2010s just be kids...... We can't even agree on cutoff dates for Millennials/Gen Z. Hell, Gen Z just became somewhat identifiable not even 1-2 years ago. And now we're supposed to be able to identify Gen Alpha? Can we simply wait another.... oh idk..... 10-15 years before we can even begin talking about a generation whom are currently literal kids? Thank you.

Check for new replies or respond here...