inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gen Z abandoning Instagram?

Written By: xenzue on 07/30/19 at 3:41 pm

I think we're about to witness a slow but sure decline of Instagram amongst Gen Zers, engagement is falling with all influencers/accounts, and many large meme/spam pages are dying or being suspended. The platform has run dry, and many communities which were at the forefront of Gen Z pop culture are either dead, or have largely moved to other platforms (Twitter, Tik Tok, Triller, Discord). Of course it's way too big to die out overnight, and I doubt there will be a massive exodus from Instagram unless there's a significant downgrade with the platform, but it's obvious that Instagram will no longer be the face of Gen Z culture anymore.

Also it's interesting to see how some Tik Tok users might have like +5m followers on Tik Tok compared to something like 25k on Instagram.

Subject: Re: Gen Z abandoning Instagram?

Written By: Retrolover on 07/30/19 at 6:10 pm

Well, it’s not 2011 anymore. I’m surprised Zers still go on Twitter.

Written By: exodus08 on 07/30/19 at 7:50 pm

What Social Media app is gonna be the new MySpace and start to decline?

Written By: mc98 on 07/30/19 at 8:12 pm

Don't feel sad about it. Not a big fan of Instagram.

Written By: xenzue on 07/31/19 at 8:09 pm

Well, it’s not 2011 anymore. I’m surprised Zers still go on Twitter.

I think it’s because stan culture is so massive on Twitter, but tbh it feels like twitter is declining too. I think Gen Z as a generation is abandoning specific platforms whenever it wants to, whereas millennials, gen x, and boomers tend to stick to the same platform for much much longer.

Written By: Retrolover on 07/31/19 at 8:20 pm

I think it’s because stan culture is so massive on Twitter, but tbh it feels like twitter is declining too. I think Gen Z as a generation is abandoning specific platforms whenever it wants to, whereas millennials, gen x, and boomers tend to stick to the same platform for much much longer.

In other words, Zers are ‘the short attention span generation’ because they are the smartphone generation.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/19 at 5:43 am

In other words, Zers are ‘the short attention span generation’ because they are the smartphone generation.

I know, I see them a lot on the buses and just about everywhere else. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 08/01/19 at 6:05 pm

IDK, it's still the fastest growing social media network. People might be getting sick of "influencers" more than anything.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/01/19 at 7:34 pm

Twitter is also where Gen Z gets most of their news.

Check for new replies or respond here...