inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: #HerToo: Katy Now in Possible Legal Peril

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/12/19 at 6:26 pm

In a man-bites-dog twist to the whole #MeToo movement, singer Katy Perry stands accused of bad behaviour by one of the male models who was in her Teenage Dream video.

https://popculture.com/celebrity/2019/08/12/katy-perry-accused-pulling-down-teenage-dream-models-pants-exposing-him-party/

The model alleges that Katy pulled down his pants and showed off his ‘nards at a public party.  :o

If he files a lawsuit, he could stand to collect millions.

Subject: Re: #HerToo: Katy Now in Possible Legal Peril

Written By: Slim95 on 08/12/19 at 6:32 pm

She also non-conssentially kissed a guy on the lips (who has never kissed a woman before and I think he was a Christian) on American Idol which was totally inappropriate too. But only the men get blamed for these situations, never the women if the roles were reversed.... Which is completely unfair. I bet these events are way more common but go unreported because men usually do not want to report things like that even if they are inappropriate.

Written By: exodus08 on 08/12/19 at 6:48 pm

She also non-cossentially kissed a guy on the lips (who has never kissed a woman before and I think he was a Christian) on American Idol which was totally inappropriate too. But only the men get blamed for these situations, never the women if the roles were reversed.... Which is completely unfair. I bet these events are way more common but go unreported because men usually do not want to report things like that even if they are inappropriate.

We might see a Late 10s backlash soon.

Written By: 2001 on 08/12/19 at 8:26 pm

She also non-conssentially kissed a guy on the lips (who has never kissed a woman before and I think he was a Christian) on American Idol which was totally inappropriate too. But only the men get blamed for these situations, never the women if the roles were reversed.... Which is completely unfair. I bet these events are way more common but go unreported because men usually do not want to report things like that even if they are inappropriate.

Despite the framing in the thread title, there is no reason for #MeToo and #MenToo (?) to be antagonistic. Everyone's boundaries should be treated with respect regardless of gender.

Written By: Howard on 08/13/19 at 7:32 am

In a man-bites-dog twist to the whole #MeToo movement, singer Katy Perry stands accused of bad behaviour by one of the male models who was in her Teenage Dream video.

https://popculture.com/celebrity/2019/08/12/katy-perry-accused-pulling-down-teenage-dream-models-pants-exposing-him-party/

The model alleges that Katy pulled down his pants and showed off his ‘nards at a public party.  :o

If he files a lawsuit, he could stand to collect millions.

She is in serious trouble!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/13/19 at 5:35 pm

She is in serious trouble!

And understandably so. These days it is considered poor form to expose somebody else’s junk without their permission.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/14/19 at 7:34 am

I don't like her. She's too sharp and intense for my taste. I won't hate anyone for liking her, but I get mean girl vibes from her. She also looks like the type to play with your heart!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/18/19 at 6:31 am

A second accuser has emerged.  Russian TV presenter Tina Kandelaki states that she was at a private party which Katy was also attending. She then goes on to allege that Katy tried to force a kiss on her, but she fought a Katy off.  :o

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/16/katy-perry-accused-of-sexually-harassing-female-tv-presenter/

If these sorts of accusations continue, Katy and R Kelly could be singing a duet from the slam.  :-\\

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/18/19 at 12:38 pm

Damn, what a way to fall from grace.

Written By: Howard on 08/18/19 at 2:33 pm

A second accuser has emerged.  Russian TV presenter Tina Kandelaki states that she was at a private party which Katy was also attending. She then goes on to allege that Katy tried to force a kiss on her, but she fought a Katy off.  :o

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/16/katy-perry-accused-of-sexually-harassing-female-tv-presenter/

If these sorts of accusations continue, Katy and R Kelly could be singing a duet from the slam.  :-\\

I'm surprised that she didn't pull down her pants.  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/18/19 at 5:17 pm

I'm surprised that she didn't pull down her pants.  :o

Well she did have a “swimsuit malfunction” a few years ago at a water park.  ;D

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 5:30 pm

In 2008, Katy Perry was a more controversial sex symbol for impressionable children than Britney Spears was in 1998.  :o

Written By: Slim95 on 08/18/19 at 7:53 pm

In 2008, Katy Perry was a more controversial sex symbol for impressionable children than Britney Spears was in 1998.  :o

I remember her song "I kissed a girl" caused a lot of controversy.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 7:55 pm

I remember her song "I kissed a girl" caused a lot of controversy.

Many Millennials in the late 2000s were mocking Katy Perry singing the song.

Written By: Howard on 08/19/19 at 6:13 am

Well she did have a “swimsuit malfunction” a few years ago at a water park.  ;D

and that's a good thing.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...