inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Last Christmas: Paul Feig on the George Michael-inspired film

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/19 at 8:13 am

An unreleased, six-minute song from the late George Michael will feature in a new movie loosely based on his music. Last Christmas, released later this year, is set to star Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding and Emma Thompson. Its director Paul Feig told BBC News: " was putting together his new album when he passed. "And one of our tracks is one of those songs, and it's just an absolutely amazing song that I'm so excited the world is going to get to hear now." George Michael was found dead on Christmas Day in 2016 at his home in Goring, Oxfordshire. Last Christmas focuses on a young aspiring singer (played by Clarke), whose hero is George Michael. Feig explains the singer's music "sort of travels with her as she goes through her life" in the storyline.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49278813

Subject: Re: Last Christmas: Paul Feig on the George Michael-inspired film

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/19 at 5:01 am

The film "Last Christmas" had it's premier in London yesterday, now we wait for the critical reviews?

Written By: Howard on 11/12/19 at 7:06 am

An unreleased, six-minute song from the late George Michael will feature in a new movie loosely based on his music. Last Christmas, released later this year, is set to star Emilia Clarke, Henry Golding and Emma Thompson. Its director Paul Feig told BBC News: " was putting together his new album when he passed. "And one of our tracks is one of those songs, and it's just an absolutely amazing song that I'm so excited the world is going to get to hear now." George Michael was found dead on Christmas Day in 2016 at his home in Goring, Oxfordshire. Last Christmas focuses on a young aspiring singer (played by Clarke), whose hero is George Michael. Feig explains the singer's music "sort of travels with her as she goes through her life" in the storyline.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49278813

I kind of wonder what George Michael would've approved of the film?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/19 at 4:56 pm

I kind of wonder what George Michael would've approved of the film?
Emma Thompson reveals the late George Michael gave his blessing for her now widely-panned Last Christmas movie based on his festive hit

Subject: Last Christmas: Paul Feig on the George Michael-inspired film

Written By: Dude111 on 11/13/19 at 3:00 pm

I think that song is aweful....... The only LAST CHRISTMAS to me is by Wham :)

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/22/19 at 11:08 pm

Saw the movie last weekend and enjoyed it.  The soundtrack might as well have been George Michael's Greatest Hits but nothing wrong with that.

Check for new replies or respond here...