inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2020 will be a huge year

Written By: GameXcaper on 08/17/19 at 12:40 pm

Just watch, 2019 seems very boring and everything that is going on just seems to be set up for what is going to happen in 2020. I know that that is when culture is going to rapidly transition into the next phase.

Subject: Re: 2020 will be a huge year

Written By: Retrolover on 08/17/19 at 1:18 pm

In 2020, the earliest Alphas will be
pre-teens. The rest of us will be saying, “It happened so fast”.

Expect “Frozen”, “Fortnite”, and Jojo Siwa junk to be everywhere in 2020 because Alphas will start to leave all of that kid culture stuff behind them.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/19 at 2:11 pm

Just watch, 2019 seems very boring and everything that is going on just seems to be set up for what is going to happen in 2020. I know that that is when culture is going to rapidly transition into the next phase.

What do you think we'll be expecting in 2020?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/19 at 2:18 pm

It will not be a huge year, but certainly longer, for there is an extra day making it a leap year.

Also, we will have a clearer vision on 2020.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/17/19 at 2:20 pm

What do you think we'll be expecting in 2020?

I can answer that. Late Alpha (2017-2019 borns) kid culture will be introduced in 2020. Some Zers will have start having children (core Alphas). The label ‘Xennial’ will be seen more, but we will still be forgotten and lumped in with Millennials by the media. Millennials, on the other hand, will be enjoying the mainstream resurgence for the 90s, like they are starting to now. I guess late Xers will be grandparents.  :o
More Baby Boomers will retire and who knows where the Joneses will be.

2020 will be the start of a new decade and the hugest year of the 2020s to late Zers and older Alphas.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/17/19 at 2:32 pm

Everything will slightly go south towards the end of 2020 as it becomes 2021.

I know, because I lived it before.  ;)

Written By: mc98 on 08/17/19 at 3:30 pm

Even saying “2019” sounds boring. I hope there’s a huge cultural shift in 2020, if not 2021.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/17/19 at 4:18 pm

Even saying “2019” sounds boring. I hope there’s a huge cultural shift in 2020, if not 2021.

There will be a huge cultural shift in 2020, but we won’t really notice it until December 2020.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 12:10 am

There will be backlash against the new culture from the late 2010s starting in 2020. We won’t notice the new direction that we’re headed in (towards the mid 2020s) until late in 2020. The changes being made for the fall of 2020 will obviously happen in the spring of ‘20.

I know it, because I’ve lived it so many times before.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/18/19 at 6:09 am

Considering 2020 is an election year in the U.S., I do expect it to be quite...explosive.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/18/19 at 6:19 am

There will be a huge cultural shift in 2020, but we won’t really notice it until December 2020.

I think the shift will occur in 2021, although looking back people on here will say it occurred in 2020. I think 2020 will be an improvement from 2019 and more of what we had in 2018, culture wise especially music, and even better. Summer Olympics years are usually that way. With the elections, I think Trump will get re-elected whether we want him to or not. He's getting enough support.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 9:32 am

I think the shift will occur in 2021, although looking back people on here will say it occurred in 2020. I think 2020 will be an improvement from 2019 and more of what we had in 2018, culture wise especially music, and even better. Summer Olympics years are usually that way. With the elections, I think Trump will get re-elected whether we want him to or not. He's getting enough support.

There will be cultural shifts all throughout the year 2020, but an even larger shift in 2021 because 2021 is closer to the 2030s than 2020 is.

Elements from 2018 and 2019 will very much be present in 2020 and still popular with late Zers and early Alphas, but we will be past those years at the same time because core Alpha kid culture will be brand new in 2020 (or at least, the fall season of 20). 

Donald Trump may very well be re-elected, but his second term will not be as important as his first one. It’s like that with every President that gets re-elected.

We will be on our way to the 2030s starting in 2020.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/18/19 at 12:20 pm

It will be so huge...

That it will have an extra day. 366 days for 2020, instead of the usual 365.

So it’s got that going for it... which is nice.  8)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/18/19 at 12:57 pm

I said this a few years ago, but no one believes me at all. I see next year being that super transformative year and it's going to hit us unexpectedly.

The label ‘Xennial’ will be seen more, but we will still be forgotten and lumped in with Millennials by the media.
Why is this label so important? Why should Xennials be recognized in the mainstream and not all the other transitional generations?

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 1:06 pm

I said this a few years ago, but no one believes me at all. I see next year being that super transformative year and it's going to hit us unexpectedly.
Why is this label so important? Why should Xennials be recognized in the mainstream and not all the other transitional generations?

The label ‘Xennial’ is important to us because there are so many negative stereotypes about Millennials that older generations are trying to apply to us. Technically, Xennials are older Millennials, but our kid culture is ignored most of the time when Millennials (as a whole) are described online. Not to mention, Xennial kid culture is often thought of as Gen Xer kid culture.

Xennials are a sandwiched generation, so we are ignored by the media most of the time. I not saying that Xennials should be recognized in the mainstream over all of the other generations, but it would be nice to know that we exist sometimes in America.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/18/19 at 1:33 pm

The label ‘Xennial’ is important to us because there are so many negative stereotypes about Millennials that older generations are trying to apply to us. Technically, Xennials are older Millennials, but our kid culture is ignored most of the time when Millennials (as a whole) are described online. Not to mention, Xennial kid culture is often thought of as Gen Xer kid culture.

Xennials are a sandwiched generation, so we are ignored by the media most of the time. I am not saying that Xennials should be recognized in the mainstream over all of the other generations, but it would be nice to know that we sometimes exist in America.
That may be the case now, but sooner or later, the negative stereotypes of Millennials will eventually decrease they start to get promoted to higher positions.

Where do you start Gen X childhood culture? I ask because I think most people forget that Gen Xers were also children in the 70s and some were even adolescents in the 80s as well.

They're not the only in-between generation. What about Zillennials? How about Gen Jones (the Boomer/X cusp?) What about those sandwiched between the Silents and Boomers? They're just as forgotten as the Xennials are.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 2:23 pm

That may be the case now, but sooner or later, the negative stereotypes of Millennials will eventually decrease they start to get promoted to higher positions.

Where do you start Gen X childhood culture? I ask because I think most people forget that Gen Xers were also children in the 70s and some were even adolescents in the 80s as well.

They're not the only in-between generation. What about Zillennials? How about Gen Jones (the Boomer/X cusp?) What about those sandwiched between the Silents and Boomers? They're just as forgotten as the Xennials are.

Early Gen Xers were children for most of the 60s, whereas core Xers are children of the late 60s into the early 70s. Late Gen Xers were adolescences towards the end of the 70s into the 80s. “Garbage Pail Kids” are thought of as X trend when Xennials had more GPK merchandise in 1986.

‘Zennial’ is a new term that very few people use to describe Zers born from the late 90s into the 2000s. I don’t see the label being used in the future like ‘Xennial’ is now.

Joneses and Xennials seem to be equally out of the media’s eye. Jones and Xennial  culture turns up in stores from time to time (“The Ramones” shirts for Joneses and “Gremlins” shirts at Kohl’s for Xennials), but you generally don’t hear about us like you do Boomers, Xers, and now Millennials.

What is the name of the micro-generation between the Silent generation and Baby Boomers? I’ve never heard of it, only the Greatest Generation, Silent, Baby Boomer, Jones, X, XY, Y, Z, and Alpha.

Written By: Howard on 08/18/19 at 2:26 pm

But don't they want him impeached?

Written By: Howard on 08/18/19 at 2:31 pm

I think in that year Metrocards will be phased out slowly since Metrocards started 20 years ago and I have been reading that this new tap and go system from your smartphone called OMNY will be in effect a few years after that.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 2:33 pm

But don't they want him impeached?

Some people do, the majority do not, though.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/18/19 at 3:00 pm

I feel like early 2020's culture will start in either 2020 or 2021. I really can't see late 2010's culture lasting after 2021.

2022 will probably feel a little bit different from now. 2029 will probably be another universe. ;D

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 3:25 pm

I feel like early 2020's culture will start in either 2020 or 2021. I really can't see late 2010's culture lasting after 2021.

2022 will probably feel a little bit different from now. 2029 will probably be another universe. ;D

That statement is agreed on strongly. Early 2020s culture will definitely start in the year 2020. Late 2010s culture will not last past 2019, but Zers and early Alphas will still like it very much in the early 2020s. The early 2020s will not be remembered for the new stuff that Zers and early Alphas picked up on in the late 2010s, though.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/18/19 at 4:17 pm

Early Gen Xers were children for most of the 60s, whereas core Xers are children of the late 60s into the early 70s. Late Gen Xers were adolescences towards the end of the 70s into the 80s. “Garbage Pail Kids” are thought of as X trend when Xennials had more GPK merchandise in 1986.

‘Zennial’ is a new term that very few people use to describe Zers born from the late 90s into the 2000s. I don’t see the label being used in the future like ‘Xennial’ is now.

Joneses and Xennials seem to be equally out of the media’s eye. Jones and Xennial culture turn up in stores from time to time (“The Ramones” shirts for Joneses and “Gremlins” shirts at Kohl’s for Xennials), but you generally don’t hear about us like you do Boomers, Xers, and now Millennials.

What is the name of the micro-generation between the Silent Generation and Baby Boomers? I’ve never heard of it, only the Greatest Generation, Silent, Baby Boomer, Jones, X, XY, Y, Z, and Alpha.
??? Do you know how old Gen Xers are?

Well, beware it could catch on one day.

That's because, in mainstream media, generational cusps don't exist and are meaningless.

You can say WWII babies. These were the people who are born during the time of the war and would have still been young enough to participate in Boomer events such as the Vietnam War, Woodstock, and the Summer of Love.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 4:58 pm

??? Do you know how old Gen Xers are?

Well, beware it could catch on one day.

That's because, in mainstream media, generational cusps don't exist and are meaningless.

You can say WWII babies. These were the people who are born during the time of the war and would have still been young enough to participate in Boomer events such as the Vietnam War, Woodstock, and the Summer of Love.

Gen Xers were born from the early 60s to early 70s.

I don’t see ‘Zennial’ ever being used like ‘Xennial’ in the 2020s or 2030s. It’s reduced to be a reddit.com phenomenon. All Zers had childhoods in the 2000s. It’s not like with Xennials and Millennials. Xennials had a childhood in different parts of the 80s, whereas Millennials are ‘90s kids’. There should not be a ‘Zennial’ label because it’s not the same for Zers as it was for us, XYers.

Your statement about the mainstream media and micro-generations is very true.

I’ve seen WW2 babies online before, but it’s never been a label for a whole generation. I’m not sure if there was a micro-generation between Silents and Boomers. I’ll have to look into it more.

Written By: MichaelBurton69 on 08/18/19 at 5:01 pm

For me I think start the Gen X kid culture started around ether 1971,1972,or 1973.Also there is no such thing as "Zillennials".Zillennails" is a fake term that's used by late 90s babies becasue they are so desperate to fit in with older people while to separating themselves from early and  mid 2000s babies,despite of having a lot more things in common with 2000-2005 babies than they have with 1992-1996  babies. However,yea far as Sub Generations as a whole is concerned. I think the gen Jones(people born from 1959-1967) gets forgotten lot,even more than Xennials. Xennials are already well known on the internet. Hopefully Gen Jone become well know as a sub Generation at some point.Same with the Silent Generation/Baby Boomer cusp.Overall cusp between Generations exist (except for between millennial and Gen Z being that the youngest of millennials are very different from the oldest of Gen Zers).

Written By: MichaelBurton69 on 08/18/19 at 5:10 pm

Far as 2020 as concerned,I could see 2020 being a important year,especially if there's a Recession.That would change the outcome of the Election. However,I expect the Culture to remain mostly the same for another couple of years.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 5:26 pm

For me I think start the Gen X kid culture started around ether 1971,1972,or 1973.Also there is no such thing as "Zillennials".Zillennails" is a fake term that's used by late 90s babies becasue they are so desperate to fit in with older people while to separating themselves from early and  mid 2000s babies,despite of having a lot more things in common with 2000-2005 babies than they have with 1992-1996  babies. However,yea far as Sub Generations as a whole is concerned. I think the gen Jones(people born from 1959-1967) gets forgotten lot,even more than Xennials. Xennials are already well known on the internet. Hopefully Gen Jone become well know as a sub Generation at some point.Same with the Silent Generation/Baby Boomer cusp.Overall cusp between Generations exist (except for between millennial and Gen Z being that the youngest of millennials are very different from the oldest of Gen Zers).

Early Xer kid culture began in the early or mid 60s. Core Xer culture was in those years of the 70s that you mentioned. Late Xer was in the mid to late 70s into the 80s (somewhat).

I’ve never heard of Zers, born from 1996 to 1998, calling themselves ‘Zennials’ online. I believe the term was invented by Millennials trying to understand the generation names for each group.

I don’t see Generation Jones being mentioned much throughout this century like ‘Xennials’ will be in the 2020s to 2070s. Generation Jones culture is really slept on in the 10s. There are more hashtags with ‘Xennial’ in the title on Instagram right now than Joneses. I don’t think Joneses are that concerned about where they stand in society like Xennials are at this time.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 5:27 pm

Far as 2020 as concerned,I could see 2020 being a important year,especially if there's a Recession.That would change the outcome of the Election. However,I expect the Culture to remain mostly the same for another couple of years.

I hope that recession isn’t worst than the 2008 recession, if it happens.  :o

Written By: Retrolover on 08/18/19 at 10:30 pm

Events in 2020 will give us the overall idea of what living in the rest of the early 2020s will be like.

New culture that will last matter to Zers and Alphas in 2021 will be introduced in 2020. Bottom line, in 2020, we will be on our way to 2021 and ultimately 2023.

Millennials will start to fall out of the media’s eye and Zers will enter the workplace more.

Written By: xenzue on 08/19/19 at 1:34 am

I think this forum focuses way too much on kid culture, its impact is only a fraction of the whole identity of a decade. Like the 2020s as a whole is going to be dominated by Gen Z in terms of pop culture. Politically Gen X and Millennials will rise to the forefront. Kid/Teen culture will be dominated by Alphas as Gen Z is in their 20s.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 1:45 am

In 2020, the earliest Alphas will be
pre-teens. The rest of us will be saying, “It happened so fast”.

Expect “Frozen”, “Fortnite”, and Jojo Siwa junk to be everywhere in 2020 because Alphas will start to leave all of that kid culture stuff behind them.

What in the heck, I don't even think Gen Alpha has been born yet... 

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 1:54 am

I agree with you. Everything will suddenly change and be hugely transformative. I really feel you are right this is usually how it is when culture is stagnant and the year prior is boring and the fact we are in a new decade, that sounds cool (2020 sounds really cool), everything is just a recipe for huge explosive change in the year 2020. It will come quick and sudden and we won't expect it. I definitely predict 2020 being a huge year of change.

Written By: xenzue on 08/19/19 at 1:59 am

I thought it was established that the starting point for Alphas is the early 2010s? To me a good dividing line between Zers and Alphas is whether you remember pre-Trump America

Between Zers and Millennials, people often cite 9/11 as a dividing line, but I think it’s a lot easier to just divide it whether you remember the 20th century at all. Xers and Millennials was if you remember the Challenger disaster. Baby Boomers vs Xers was simply the first year of the baby bust.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 1:59 am

I think this forum focuses way too much on kid culture, its impact is only a fraction of the whole identity of a decade. Like the 2020s as a whole is going to be dominated by Gen Z in terms of pop culture. Politically Gen X and Millennials will rise to the forefront. Kid/Teen culture will be dominated by Alphas as Gen Z is in their 20s.

Only the earliest Gen Z will be 20 years old in 2020. Gen Alpha doesn't even exist yet. A generation lasts 20 years, Gen Z is 2000 - 2020. Or if they do exist, then they are just infants right now.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 2:00 am

I thought it was established that the starting point for Alphas is the early 2010s? To me a good dividing line between Zers and Alphas is whether you remember pre-Trump America

Between Zers and Millennials, people often cite 9/11 as a dividing line, but I think it’s a lot easier to just divide it whether you remember the 20th century at all. Xers and Millennials was if you remember the Challenger disaster. Baby Boomers vs Xers was simply the first year of the baby bust.

I don't think so... Why would Gen Z be only 10 years? Makes no sense. And I really hope no one argues here Gen Z started before the year 2000... I feel that has been already established. Generations are usually 20 years. So Gen Z is 2000 - 2020 and Gen Alpha is 2020 - 2040.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 2:04 am

Yes I think 2020 will be a huge transformative year. But I definitely predict Donald Trump will win the presidency. Still, there will be a lot of change. And that will set up the years 2024 - 2025 by being even more huge of a change because there will be a new president. So I think the '20s will be a huge decade of change for the entire decade like the 2000s were. Or at least almost comparable to the change of the 2000s unlike the change of the 2010s which was minimal. The year 2030 will indeed feel like a different universe compared to today, mark my words.

Written By: xenzue on 08/19/19 at 2:06 am

I don't think so... Why would Gen Z be only 10 years? Makes no sense. And I really hope no one argues here Gen Z started before the year 2000... I feel that has been already established. Generations are usually 20 years. So Gen Z is 2000 - 2020 and Gen Alpha is 2020 - 2040.

Interesting... I mean Gen Z to me has always been late 90s to around 2012-ish. So closer to 15 years. It just makes the most sense from a cultural and demographic standpoint to me. There’s no reason to create a category for people who won’t be born til 21 years from now

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 2:15 am

Interesting... I mean Gen Z to me has always been late 90s to around 2012-ish. So closer to 15 years. It just makes the most sense from a cultural and demographic standpoint to me. There’s no reason to create a category for people who won’t be born til 21 years from now

Everyone has their opinions but I don't think anyone born in the 1990s can be considered Gen Z. I just don't see how it is possible.

Written By: xenzue on 08/19/19 at 2:15 am

I think Millennials could still be relevant  during the 2020s, but their share of cultural output will go down drastically. Millennials born after 1992 will be able adapt to the cultural landscape of the 2020s a lot easier than their older counterparts. In that sense Millennials can still be able have a say in new pop culture in the next decade.

Normani and Zendaya is a really good example, they have a long career ahead of them, and the majority of their 20s will be in the next decade.. although personally I consider them to be pure cuspers.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/19/19 at 5:12 am

Thank you. I mean seriously, you guys. I hear such outlandish things as Boomer/Gen X culture "ended" in the late '90s. No, it absolutely did not. There are still pop cultural works that are targeted principally towards these demographics that are still huge fixtures of pop culture - think John Mayer for Gen X (although a better example may be Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, or Eddie Vedder himself) or Paul McCartney for the Boomers.

Or better yet, all of those claiming that Millennial culture is dead when our tastes have simply become more adult. For example, movies like Vice, The Big Short, On the Basis of Sex, or Official Secrets - these movies would've been targeted at our Boomer parents if they'd come out 10-15 years ago. But now that we have kids of our own and they're about political and corporate corruption, it's clear they're meant for us.

Written By: mc98 on 08/19/19 at 8:37 am

Everyone knows that the current culture is dominated by the teens/young adults.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 8:51 am

Gen Alpha was born in the late 2000s.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/19/19 at 8:56 am

Ignore that dude. He's the sneakiest 3 faced troll I have seen by far.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 9:01 am

No, the starting point for Alphas was from 2008 to 2010. The earliest Alphas can remember stuff before a Trump America, they just cannot tell you who the President was in 2012 to 2015 because they were toddlers and adolescents who didn’t care at the time.

Zers were enjoying kid culture before 9/11. Shortly after the 2000s started, male Zers whose parents had cable were glued to “SpongeBob Squarepants” and female Zers were enjoying “Dora the Explorer” at the doctor’s office or daycare.

A good dividing line between early XYers and late XYers is the Challenger explosion, not Xers and Millennials. Some of the latter XYers and Millennials were not even born yet.

The baby bust is a good divider between Boomers and Joneses nonetheless.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 9:02 am

Only the earliest Gen Z will be 20 years old in 2020. Gen Alpha doesn't even exist yet. A generation lasts 20 years, Gen Z is 2000 - 2020. Or if they do exist, then they are just infants right now.

The earliest Gen Z will actually be 24 years old in 2020. Gen Alpha has existed since 2008.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 9:04 am

Ignore that dude. He's the sneakiest 3 faced troll I have seen by far.

I sense an ego trip.  ::)

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 9:07 am

Late Gen Xers started having Zers in the late 90s. You do not know what you are talking about. More late Xers and early XYers had the last Zers in the early to mid 2000s. Now, late XYers and Millennials have been having children (Alphas) from the late 2000s into the 2010s.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 9:09 am

Everyone has their opinions but I don't think anyone born in the 1990s can be considered Gen Z. I just don't see how it is possible.

Why is your screenname ‘Slim95’? Were you born in 1995? How can a late Millennial like yourself (if you are one) understand what was underway in the late 90s?

Written By: MichaelBurton69 on 08/19/19 at 10:40 am

No, the starting point for Alphas was from 2008 to 2010. The earliest Alphas can remember stuff before a Trump America, they just cannot tell you who the President was in 2012 to 2015 because they were toddlers and adolescents who didn’t care at the time.

Zers were enjoying kid culture before 9/11. Shortly after the 2000s started, male Zers whose parents had cable were glued to “SpongeBob Squarepants” and female Zers were enjoying “Dora the Explorer” at the doctor’s office or daycare.

A good dividing line between early XYers and late XYers is the Challenger explosion, not Xers and Millennials. Some of the latter XYers and Millennials were not even born yet.

The baby bust is a good divider between Boomers and Joneses nonetheless.

I have to say you are wrong.The oldest of Gen Zers were just toddlers during 9/11 and were even still toddlers until after the early 2000s ended around a couple years later and would have limited memories until 2005. People born in 1996 are NOT Gen Z but are the last of the millennial Generation. I think people born in 1996 would easily relate more to people born in the early 90s than they can relate to people born in 1997 and 1998. Also your dates for gen Xers and millennials are wrong. People born from 1984-1996 are millennials, and people born from 1980-1985 are Xennenial since they can relate to Gen X and millennials without necessary being nether.Now I do agree that remembering the Challenge Explosion is not a great cutoff for Gen X.I think things like Graduated High School before 9/11,begin old enough to vote in the 2000 election,being atleast 5 years old when Ronald Reagan was the President,being atleast 8 years old by 1990,begin 25 years old and older during the recession,etc are way better cutoffs far as deciding when Gen X ends than remembering the Challenger explosion. 

Written By: MichaelBurton69 on 08/19/19 at 10:55 am

Well I believe Gen Alpha probably will begin between years 2014-2019. I see 2012 as ether being solidly Gen Z or Gen Z/Gen Alpha cusp, leaning towards Gen Z and that's assuming if 2013 is the last Gen Z year.Also remember the Challenger explosion is not a great cutoff for Gen X. Graduated High School before 9/11,Graduated from College before the start of Web 2.0,being able to vote in the 2000 election,being over 25 year old during the 2008 recession,etc are a lot better cutoffs for Gen X than simply remembering the Challenger explosion.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/19/19 at 11:27 am

Well I believe Gen Alpha probably will begin between years 2014-2019. I see 2012 as ether being solidly Gen Z or Gen Z/Gen Alpha cusp, leaning towards Gen Z and that's assuming if 2013 is the last Gen Z year.Also remember the Challenger explosion is not a great cutoff for Gen X. Graduated High School before 9/11,Graduated from College before the start of Web 2.0,being able to vote in the 2000 election,being over 25 year old during the 2008 recession,etc are a lot better cutoffs for Gen X than simply remembering the Challenger explosion.

9/11 is one of the first defining traits that separates Gen Y from Z, as Gen Z was either born after that day or were too young to remember it. For the Gen X and Alpha distinction, Trump is the first president the Alphas will remember.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 11:32 am

I have to say you are wrong.The oldest of Gen Zers were just toddlers during 9/11 and were even still toddlers until after the early 2000s ended around a couple years later and would have limited memories until 2005. People born in 1996 are NOT Gen Z but are the last of the millennial Generation. I think people born in 1996 would easily relate more to people born in the early 90s than they can relate to people born in 1997 and 1998. Also your dates for gen Xers and millennials are wrong. People born from 1984-1996 are millennials, and people born from 1980-1985 are Xennenial since they can relate to Gen X and millennials without necessary being nether.Now I do agree that remembering the Challenge Explosion is not a great cutoff for Gen X.I think things like Graduated High School before 9/11,begin old enough to vote in the 2000 election,being atleast 5 years when Ronald Reagan was the Resident,being atleast 8 years old by 1990,begin 25 years old and older during the recession,etc are way better cutoffs far as deciding when Gen X ends than remembering the Challenger explosion.

How are ‘96 borns ‘Millennials’ when they were only toddlers in 1998 (the last year Millennials were buying up the new kid culture)?  :o

I don’t know of any late 90s borns that can relate to people born in the early 90s either. :o

Early 90s borns saw some part of the 90s, whereas ‘96 to ‘98 borns did not.

People born from 1975 to 1986 are Xennials. Their infant and childhoods all took place in different points of the 1980s.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 11:34 am

The earliest Gen Alphas were born in 2008. Their childhoods have been happening all throughout the 2010s. Where have you been?  :o

Written By: MichaelBurton69 on 08/19/19 at 11:37 am

9/11 is one of the first defining traits that separates Gen Y from Z, as Gen Z was either born after that day or were too young to remember it. For the Gen X and Alpha distinction, Trump is the first president the Alphas will remember.

I don't believe remember a time before Trump is a good cutoff for Gen Z. Since there's a possibly that there could be another recession in the next couple of years,I say remember a time before that or remember be in Elementary School at some point before the 2020s would be better cutoffs to end Gen Z than remember a time before Donald Trump became the President. Gen Z unquestionably starts in 1997, and I see Gen Z ending between years 2013 and 2018.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 11:37 am

Gen Z was born before 9/11. Try the late 90s. There are better defining traits that separate Gen Y from Z. “Spongebob Squarepants” is Gen Z kid culture and “Rugrats” is Gen Y kid culture. That’s one defining trait.

Trump being president is a distinction between Zers (you made a typo) and Alphas?  ???

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 11:41 am

I don't believe remember a time before Trump is a good cutoff for Gen Z. Since there's a possibly that there could be another recession in the next couple of years,I say remember a time before that or remember be in Elementary School at some point before the 2020s would be better cutoffs to end Gen Z than remember a time before Donald Trump became the President. Gen Z unquestionably starts in 1997, and I see Gen Z ending between years 2013 and 2018.

Gen Z unquestionably starts in 1996 and they ended in 2007. Their childhood cultural identity was formed in different parts of the 2000s.

During the 2008 recession, the oldest Zers were preteens. Late Xennials and Millennials were mostly effected by that recession.

During the 2020 recession (if it happens), the oldest Alphas would be preteens and XYers, Yers, and Zers would all be hurt by it.

Written By: MichaelBurton69 on 08/19/19 at 11:57 am

How are ‘96 borns ‘Millennials’ when they were only toddlers in 1998 (the last year Millennials were buying up the new kid culture)?  :o

I don’t know of any late 90s borns that can relate to people born in the early 90s either. :o

Early 90s borns saw some part of the 90s, whereas ‘96 to ‘98 borns did not.

People born from 1975 to 1986 are Xennials. Their infant and childhoods all took place in different points of the 1980s.

First of all,the 90s culture didn't truly end until 9/11 in September 2001. People born in 1996 should definitely be able to remember when the 90s culture still existed since they were 5 years old at the time.

Second of all, I didn't say late 90s babies had anything in common with early 90s babies. In fact I been saying for a long time that people born from 1997-1999 wouldn't be able to relate to people born before 1995 or maybe before 1996 and would easily relate more to people born from 2000-2003 than they can relate to people born from 1994-1996.

Third of all, how is 1975-1977 and 1986 Xennials? Far as people born from 1975-1976 is concerned,they are unquestionably core Gen X. With the Millennial Generation likely starting between years 1983 and 1984,even people born in 1977 and 1978 could possibly be core Gen X,tho will say they lean sightly more towards late Gen X instead of core Gen X.Also 1986 is not a Xennial neither. They were under the age of 23 year old during the recession,and they were just 4 years when the Gen X culture became the millennial culture. They also spent all of their College years in the Web 2.0 era.Their experience were are actually more similar to core millennial than "Xennial",however they would lean more towards early millennial.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 12:54 pm

First of all,the 90s culture didn't truly end until 9/11 in September 2001. People born in 1996 should definitely be able to remember when the 90s culture still existed since they were 5 years old at the time.

Second of all, I didn't say late 90s babies had anything in common with early 90s babies. In fact I been saying for a long time that people born from 1997-1999 wouldn't be able to relate to people born before 1995 or maybe before 1996 and would easily relate more to people born from 2000-2003 than they can relate to people born from 1994-1996.

Third of all, how is 1975-1977 and 1986 Xennials? Far as people born from 1975-1976 is concerned,they are unquestionably core Gen X. With the Millennial Generation likely starting between years 1983 and 1984,even people born in 1977 and 1978 could possibly be core Gen X,tho will say they lean sightly more towards late Gen X instead of core Gen X.Also 1986 is not a Xennial neither. They were under the age of 23 year old during the recession,and they were just 4 years when the Gen X culture became the millennial culture. They also spent all of their College years in the Web 2.0 era.Their experience were are actually more similar to core millennial than "Xennial",however they would lean more towards early millennial.

You must be a Millennial. Millennials ignorantly believe the 90s did not end until September 11th because their kid culture was pretty much gone shortly after September 11th. The 90s ended a few years before 2001 nonetheless.

You said that ‘96 borns had more in common with early 90s babies than 00s babies. That is far from true.

Lastly, how can 1975 and 1976 be core Xers when people born from 1969 to 1974 are late Xers? Late Xers were becoming teenagers all throughout the 1980s. I know this because I looked up to them, literally and figuratively, in the 80s and 90s.

People born in 1986 are XYers because they were 3 years old in 1989 (the last year that kid culture pandered to Xennials exclusively). By 1990, ‘86 borns had their childhood cultural identity already.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 1:20 pm

Xennial kid culture never became Millennial culture. Early Millennials wore animated “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” shirt from the fall of 1990 until 1994 or so, but those same Millennials today do not care about the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” the same way that Xennials do .

The 70s: Core and Late Xer kid culture

The 80s: Xennial kid culture

The 90s: Millennial kid culture

The 00s: Zer kid culture

The 10s: Early and Core Alpha kid culure

The 20s: Late Alpha and Early Beta kid culture

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 1:28 pm

Let's get back to the topic of 2020.... It's a lot more interesting than genealogy.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/19/19 at 1:48 pm

You must be a Millennial. Millennials ignorantly believe the 90s did not end until September 11th because their kid culture was pretty much gone shortly after September 11th. The 90s ended a few years before 2001 nonetheless.

You said that ‘96 borns had more in common with early 90s babies than 00s babies. That is far from true.

Lastly, how can 1975 and 1976 be core Xers when people born from 1969 to 1974 are late Xers? Late Xers were becoming teenagers all throughout the 1980s. I know this because I looked up to them, literally and figuratively, in the 80s and 90s.

People born in 1986 are XYers because they were 3 years old in 1989 (the last year that kid culture pandered to Xennials exclusively). By 1990, ‘86 borns had their childhood cultural identity already.

Wait I'm confused.... If you're saying that those born in 86' are the last to have be considered 'Xennials' because they were 3 in 99', why are you then also saying 96' borns aren't 'Millennials' nor '90s kids' when they were the same exact age 86ers were, just at the tail end of the 90s? Something's not making sense with your logic. Your views are not considered mainstream, but even then I think people wouldn't be as negative towards if at the very least there was some sort of logic following your (admittedly, outlandish) views on generations.

Let's get back to the topic of 2020.... It's a lot more interesting than genealogy.

Yeah I agree. These generationology topics have been becoming cancer recently.

Written By: MichaelBurton69 on 08/19/19 at 2:04 pm

You must have Gen X starting around the early 1960s. To me Gen X starts in 1965 and ends around 1982 or 1983. People born from 1969-1974 are definitely not late Gen Xers,but likely core Gen X or even in the case of born in 1969-1971,early Gen X. Late Gen Xers were born between 1977 and 1982 or 1983 with Xennenial being from 1979 or 1980-1985. Pretty much all 70s babies have been fully accepted as Gen X at this point.

Also while some 2000s culture did exist in the year 2001,early/mid 2001 still "had that 90s feel" to it. Thing really haven't changed much until 9/11. People born in 1996 can definitely relate more to early 90s babies than they can relate to 2000s babies or even late 90s babies.After all,there's only a 3 year age difference between the youngest of early 90s babies and 1996 babies,while there's a 4 year age difference 1996 babies and the oldest of 2000s babies.Plus people born in 1996 had childhood and teenage experiences that's a lot closer to early 90s babies than 2000s babies. People born in 1996 can definitely remember things like VHS when they were still relevant,Dial up/Web 1.0,spent a large portion of their childhood before YouTube came  out and before Modern Social Media became popular,spent all of their childhood in the CRT TV era,they spent their childhood years during the Powerhouse Era of Cartoon Network/Klasky Csupo era of Nickelodeon,CD Players, and even have vivid memories of the Y2K Era/a pre 9/11 world.

They were electropop teens,spent all of their High School before Donald Trump got popular.They also used ether Myspace and Facebook as teens. Does those experience sound Gen Z to you? Most people have accepted people born in 1996 as millennials at this point,and rightly so.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 2:51 pm

Wait I'm confused.... If you're saying that those born in 86' are the last to have be considered 'Xennials' because they were 3 in 99', why are you then also saying 96' borns aren't 'Millennials' nor '90s kids' when they were the same exact age 86ers were, just at the tail end of the 90s? Something's not making sense with your logic. Your views are not considered mainstream, but even then I think people wouldn't be as negative towards if at the very least there was some sort of logic following your (admittedly, outlandish) views on generations.

I said ‘86 borns were 3 years old in 1989. You’re twisting my words around. You either don’t want to hear me or you were not paying attention to me.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 2:59 pm

You must have Gen X starting around the early 1960s. To me Gen X starts in 1965 and ends around 1982 or 1983. People born from 1969-1974 are definitely not late Gen Xers,but likely core Gen X or even in the case of born in 1969-1971,early Gen X. Late Gen Xers were born between 1977 and 1982 or 1983 with Xennenial being from 1979 or 1980-1985. Pretty much all 70s babies have been fully accepted as Gen X at this point.

Also while some 2000s culture did exist in the year 2001,early/mid 2001 still "had that 90s feel" to it. Thing really haven't changed much until 9/11. People born in 1996 can definitely relate more to early 90s babies than they can relate to 2000s babies or even late 90s babies.After all,there's only a 3 year age difference between the youngest of early 90s babies and 1996 babies,while there's a 4 year age difference 1996 babies and the oldest of 2000s babies.Plus people born in 1996 had childhood and teenage experiences that's a lot closer to early 90s babies than 2000s babies. People born in 1996 can definitely remember things like VHS when they were still relevant,Dial up/Web 1.0,spent a large portion of their childhood before YouTube came  out and before Modern Social Media became popular,spent all of their childhood in the CRT TV era,they spent their childhood years during the Powerhouse Era of Cartoon Network/Klasky Csupo era of Nickelodeon,CD Players, and even have vivid memories of the Y2K Era/a pre 9/11 world.

They were electropop teens,spent all of their High School before Donald Trump got popular.They also used ether Myspace and Facebook as teens. Does those experience sound Gen Z to you? Most people have accepted people born in 1996 as millennials at this point,and rightly so.

How well do you know early 60s babies?

Your point of view does not agree with science and mathematics.

The early 2000s felt like the 90s to you because Millennial kid culture was still around for the last time.

Early Gen Zers were teens before the 2000s were over, but the core and late Zers became teens in the 2010s. The cores and lates are Electropop teens. Millennials are 1987 to 1995 borns. It stops at ‘95 because their childhoods took place before the “Spongebob” days.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 4:39 pm

Do you think 2020 will be worst than 2019 or are you optimistic for 2020?

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/19/19 at 4:41 pm

Yeah, let's go back to decadeology, lol (only joking). But I do forsee a throwback to 2004 type of vibe in 2020, especially with music. Even now I'm hearing the Usher song being played a lot, and some of the music sampling songs from around that time.

Written By: mc98 on 08/19/19 at 4:44 pm

Yeah, let's go back to decadeology, lol (only joking). But I do forsee a throwback to 2004 type of vibe in 2020, especially with music. Even now I'm hearing the Usher song being played a lot, and some of the music sampling songs from around that time.

x5c2iRHlAHA

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 5:17 pm

I realize you made a typo in your statement now.

“Spongebob Squarepants” is a 2000s cartoon. 1999 is only thought of as a 90s year because it completes the 1990s numerically. The kid culture of 1999 was for Zers alone. The oldest Millennials (born in the late 80s) in 1999 were pre-teens. Early and core Millennials might have still been doing in 1999 what they were doing first in 1996, 1997, or 1998, but the new culture for children was made with children (Zers and a few late Millennials) in mind.

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were born in 1986. Would you honestly think of them as Millennials and not Xennials?!  :-\\

‘86 borns love the 80s and early 90s (because their childhood started in the 80s), whereas ‘87 to ‘95 borns love the 90s because large and small chunks of their childhood culture was new in the 1990s.

Xennials are more down to earth in this cynical world than Millennials (like late Xers are), but they are almost as tech savvy as Millennials are. I hope that helps you to understand my micro-generation a little better.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 5:28 pm

Do you think 2020 will be worst than 2019 or are you optimistic for 2020?

I am optimistic for 2020 I have to be.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 6:10 pm

I am optimistic for 2020 I have to be.

I think mid 00s babies will hate 2020 when they’re living in it. People usually hate their teenage to adult years.

Do you think 2014 will be slightly dated in 2020?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/19/19 at 6:50 pm

Ok, People. This thread is about 2020-not about who falls into what generation. If you insist on talking about generations (which the subject has been argued ad nauseam) this thread will be locked!

Cat

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 7:14 pm

Ok, People. This thread is about 2020-not about who falls into what generation. If you insist on talking about generations (which the subject has been argued ad nauseam) this thread will be locked!

Cat

What do you picture 2020 looking like? Will there be more robots everywhere in the US in 2020 or same as now?

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/19/19 at 8:38 pm

x5c2iRHlAHA

That's the song I was thinking of! It sampled the 2004 song by Petey Pablo.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 9:51 pm

I think mid 00s babies will hate 2020 when they’re living in it. People usually hate their teenage to adult years.

Do you think 2014 will be slightly dated in 2020?

Yes I think it's already slightly dated. 2014 is the last year that is slightly dated.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/19/19 at 10:19 pm

I realize you made a typo in your statement now.

“Spongebob Squarepants” is a 2000s cartoon. 1999 is only thought of as a 90s year because it completes the 1990s numerically. The kid culture of 1999 was for Zers alone. The oldest Millennials (born in the late 80s) in 1999 were pre-teens. Early and core Millennials might have still been doing in 1999 what they were doing first in 1996, 1997, or 1998, but the new culture for children was made with children (Zers and a few late Millennials) in mind.

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were born in 1986. Would you honestly think of them as Millennials and not Xennials?!  :-\\

‘86 borns love the 80s and early 90s (because their childhood started in the 80s), whereas ‘87 to ‘95 borns love the 90s because large and small chunks of their childhood culture was new in the 1990s.

Xennials are more down to earth in this cynical world than Millennials (like late Xers are), but they are almost as tech savvy as Millennials are. I hope that helps you to understand my micro-generation a little better.

1989 is as much ‘1980s’ culturally as 1999 is ‘1990s’ culturally. For instance, you cite the example of Spongebob (a definitively 2000s Cartoon) as a reason why 1999 was more 2000 culturally. Well then, I can make the same exact claim of The Simpson’s being an example of 1990s culture coming in strong in the 80s, as you had the Tracey Ulman shorts in 1987-1989, and the show itself debuting in 1989. And don’t tell me with a straight face that The Simpson’s is not as culturally significant as Spongebob. Do you see the error of your logic? You’re just making up the rule that “1999 wasn’t really the ‘1990s’ anyway” just so you can (for some weird reason/obsession) be able to leave out 96’ babies from being considered Millennials.

But even if you did include 96’ers as Millennials using that logic (which depending on the day of the week you do, and then you magically just call 97era Zers because they turned 3 in 00’, but I digress), the whole point is that what does being 3 in a point of a certain decade have anything to do with one’s entirechildhood experience in a respective decade? I agree that 87ers (and most late 80s babies for that manner) do happen to have a cultural affinity to the 90s since that was the decade they grew up in, but how in the hell is a 95er going to have that same cultural affinity when they only spent two years of their childhood in the 90s (also only being in early childhood might I add)?

I think a better marker is where one was between the ages of 7.5-8, aka the ‘peak’ of one’s childhood (ages 3.5-12). Where one spent most of their childhood (especially with ages 7-8 being the ‘peak’ as a good indicator) is likely the era/decade (whatever) that person is going to have nostalgia in.

But why am I even explaining this basic concept to you, it’s simply just falling on deaf years. I’ve had enough entertaining your trolling for tonight ::).

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/19 at 10:25 pm

1989 is as much ‘1980s’ culturally as 1999 is ‘1990s’ culturally.

Yes and in my personal opinion I don't think 1999 was '90s culturally at all and I don't think 2009 was 2000s culturally at all. But 1989 was still very much '80s culturally, just like 2019 is still very much 2010s culturally still.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 11:23 pm

1989 is as much ‘1980s’ culturally as 1999 is ‘1990s’ culturally. For instance, you cite the example of Spongebob (a definitively 2000s Cartoon) as a reason why 1999 was more 2000 culturally. Well then, I can make the same exact claim of The Simpson’s being an example of 1990s culture coming in strong in the 80s, as you had the Tracey Ulman shorts in 1987-1989, and the show itself debuting in 1989. And don’t tell me with a straight face that The Simpson’s is not as culturally significant as Spongebob. Do you see the error of your logic? You’re just making up the rule that “1999 wasn’t really the ‘1990s’ anyway” just so you can (for some weird reason/obsession) be able to leave out 96’ babies from being considered Millennials.

But even if you did include 96’ers as Millennials using that logic (which depending on the day of the week you do, and then you magically just call 97era Zers because they turned 3 in 00’, but I digress), the whole point is that what does being 3 in a point of a certain decade have anything to do with one’s entirechildhood experience in a respective decade? I agree that 87ers (and most late 80s babies for that manner) do happen to have a cultural affinity to the 90s since that was the decade they grew up in, but how in the hell is a 95er going to have that same cultural affinity when they only spent two years of their childhood in the 90s (also only being in early childhood might I add)?

I think a better marker is where one was between the ages of 7.5-8, aka the ‘peak’ of one’s childhood (ages 3.5-12). Where one spent most of their childhood (especially with ages 7-8 being the ‘peak’ as a good indicator) is likely the era/decade (whatever) that person is going to have nostalgia in.

But why am I even explaining this basic concept to you, it’s simply just falling on deaf years. I’ve had enough entertaining your trolling for tonight ::).

I’m actually not trolling.

“Spongebob” is in a different category from “The Simpsons”. “Spongebob Squarepants” was a Nickelodeon cartoon meant to grab late Millennials and early Zers. “The Simpsons”, on the other hand, was a Sunday prime-time cartoon when it first aired. The six TV ratings did not exist while the first run of  “The Simpsons” season one was going on. “The Simpsons” was meant to grab Boomers, Joneses, and early Xers. Core and late Xers along with XYers primarily purchased “The Simpsons” merchandise when it first came out in the earliest months of 1990.

Nobody in 1989 thought of “The Simpsons Christmas Special” as an example of 1990s culture coming in strong in the 80s. It was a stand alone Christmas special like the Garfield Christmas specials that were on CBS before then. December of 1989 was an odd time for a Christmas special featuring some random ugly cartoon drawings that looked as if they leaped off loose leaf paper. Boomers, Joneses, early Xers and maybe some core to late Xers knew the Simpsons from “The Tracey Ullman Show” that was on during FOX’s launch day, but not many. The first episode that was shown in the 90s was the first ever episode of the series, not “The Simpsons Christmas Special”. No one then even knew of the ties that “The Simpson’s Christmas Special” would have with the series that was being promoted during the commercial break of the first showing to “The Simpsons Christmas Special”.

“Spongebob” and “The Simpsons” are both important equally to pop culture fanatics. I hate when people say “The Simpsons” and “Spongebob” are both 90s cartoons. Grouping pop culture from one era to another that was worlds apart due to the numerical order of years is a lazy thing to do. “Spongebob” is Zer kid culture in the way that “Rugrats” was Yer kid culture. Nicktoons were advertised heavily in 1999 on Nickelodeon due to the success of “Rugrats” and “Ren and Stimpy” in the 90s. “Spongebob” was the last Nicktoon to find a large audience. It was all downhill for people who liked watching original Nickelodeon cartoons after “Spongebob”.

On the subject of ‘peak childhoods’, you have an interesting philosophy that I have never heard of before. People stop being infants from when they are 2 and half years old to 3 years old. 7 to 8 years old may be when a child has a better understanding of the time they are living in, but their childhood cultural identity is first formed somewhere from when they are 2 and a half to 3 years old.

I have never heard an ‘86 born refer to “Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers” and “Animaniacs” as culture that they were nostalgic for. Mid 80s babies were getting up there in age in the 1990s. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and “Tim Burton’s Batman” seems to be all of the nostalgia that the latter mid 80s babies pine for. Bottom line, anyone born from 1975 and before 1987 will agree that the best things from the 90s were what was around from the 1980s still. It’s mainly Millennials that love what came out of the 1990s and they’re the only ones.  :o

Written By: Retrolover on 08/19/19 at 11:32 pm

Yes and in my personal opinion I don't think 1999 was '90s culturally at all and I don't think 2009 was 2000s culturally at all. But 1989 was still very much '80s culturally, just like 2019 is still very much 2010s culturally still.

2009 was culturally 2000s because a lot of the entertainment was for solely Millennials and Zers still. “UFC” is a late Zers’ “WWF”, Millennials were proud to have voted in Barack Obama, and Xers along with XYers (both parent groups of the ‘00s) were happy to see Ed ‘O Neil (aka Al Bundy) on prime time again in “Modern Family”.

The 2000s did end culturally until 2011 when Instagram was big with Yers and Zers and “Minecraft” was introduced for late Zers and early Alphas.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/20/19 at 12:22 am

It was stupid of FOX to put “The Simpsons Christmas Special” on that night in December of 1989.

“The Simpsons” series was not a part of any FOX line up before “The Simpson’s Christmas Special” aired.

No one, including some people who watched “The Tracey Ullman Show”, knew of who the Simpsons were. “The Simpsons Christmas Special” being on before the Christmas themed “Married with Children” episode was random.  :o

In some circles “The Simpsons” are thought of as an 1989 show and in others, “The Simpsons” are a 1990 show. The show creator, Matt Groening, was trying to get the first season of “The Simpsons” to be a fall season premiere before “The Simpson’s Christmas Special” was a go for FOX in 1989. Obviously, Matt Groening did not succeed at having “The Simpsons” be a new show on FOX in late 1989.

From my viewpoint, Matt Groening should have waited until after the first regular episodes of season 1 were shown to include “The Simpsons Christmas Special”. “The Simpsons Christmas Special” could have been on air in July of 1990 or in December of 1990 as part of season 2 with a new narration.

Now Simpsons fans are confused about dates when “The Simpsons Christmas Special” was originally not intended to be anything other than a stand alone Christmas special for the people who have been with FOX since 1987.

“The Simpsons Christmas Special” was renamed to “Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire” in 1994 for when the series was in syndication on FOX affiliates in the evenings. Today, some people (like yourself) solemnly swear that “The Simpsons Christmas Special” is ‘where it all began’, when that is clearly not the case.

“The Simpsons Christmas Special” grabbed my attention better than all of the other season 1 episodes that came after it, but it originally had no ties to the then new upcoming “Simpsons” show in 1989. In other words, “The Simpson’s Christmas Special” was like the 1988 Butterfinger commercial with Millhouse in it. 100% random.

Also, “The Simpsons Christmas Special” did not pull in viewers the way the actual series did in early 1990. Most Americans in the early 90s did not even know of “The Simpsons Christmas Special” until it was released on home video in 1991. :o

I think FOX might have added “The Simpsons Christmas Special” to one or a few of their late December time slots in 1990, but I don’t remember. FOX had a lot going on in the early 90s. What a channel to watch back then! FOX was the early 90s, when you think about it! The Arsenio Hall Show was on some FOX affiliates late at night as well! FOX was the network to watch from 1990 to 1992 and a little bit of 1993. Unfortunately, FOX morphed into how it is today from the rest of 1993 to the end of the 90s.  :\'(

I miss late 80s and early 90s FOX. There will not ever be another FOX station like there was in those years!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/19 at 12:28 am

It will not be a huge year, but certainly longer, for there is an extra day making it a leap year.
/quote]
It will be so huge...

That it will have an extra day. 366 days for 2020, instead of the usual 365.

So it’s got that going for it... which is nice.  8)
Snap!!!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/20/19 at 12:57 am

Ok... @Retrolover I was going to be nice and just let you off the hook, but you're weird ass obsessions left me no choice. This is my last response on this thread in relation to generations (in which I am just as perplexed of this coming up as anybody else :o). Let me address each of your points, one by one.

I’m actually not trolling.

I, and most people on this forum beg to differ, but nonetheless.

Spongebob” is in a different category from “The Simpsons”. “Spongebob Squarepants” was a Nickelodeon cartoon meant to grab late Millennials and early Zers. “The Simpsons”, on the other hand, was a Sunday prime-time cartoon when it first aired. The six TV ratings did not exist while the first run of  “The Simpsons” season one was going on. “The Simpsons” was meant to grab Boomers, Joneses, and early Xers. Core and late Xers along with XYers primarily purchased “The Simpsons” merchandise when it first came out in the earliest months of 1990.

Ok so even while you are trying to defend your claim, you contradict yourself. You claim (later on, something that we both agree on) that The Simpsons and Spongebob are cultural icons within animation, arguably in culture at large. You claim that when Spongebob was first on the air in Mid 1999 (without evidence btw, but I digress) that the show was marketed exclusively towards Late Millennials and Early Zers. The Simpsons being marketed towards Boomers, Xers, and X/Yers. First of all, the first months of 1990, would've meant that, based on your definition, some of the earliest Millennials (87' borns) were already technically kids and to be of main influence of pop culture. Therefor, you exclude them from being able to partake in the original run of The Simpsons during its first season in 1989-1990, when you just said a post ago that once someone is 3 years of age they are now to be expected to be influenced by the kid culture being marketed to.

So if we're following that logic, The Simpsons could've been marketed to Boomers, Xers, 'Xellenials', and even some of the first Millennials as well. Why are you comfortable in not saying that "The Simpsons was a FOX Cartoon meant to grab Baby Boomers, Xers, Xellenials, and early Millennials", but you're completely comfortable in saying "Spongebob Squarepants was a Nickelodeon cartoon meant to grab late Millennials and early Zers"?

Nobody in 1989 thought of “The Simpsons Christmas Special” as an example of 1990s culture coming in strong in the 80s. It was a stand alone Christmas special like the Garfield Christmas specials that were on CBS before then. December of 1989 was an odd time for a Christmas special featuring some random ugly cartoon drawings that looked as if they leaped off loose leaf paper. Boomers, Joneses, early Xers and maybe some core to late Xers knew the Simpsons from “The Tracey Ullman Show” that was on during FOX’s launch day, but not many. The first episode that was shown in the 90s was the first ever episode of the series, not “The Simpsons Christmas Special”. No one then even knew of the ties that “The Simpson’s Christmas Special” would have with the series that was being promoted during the commercial break of the first showing to “The Simpsons Christmas Special”.

Ok, I'll give you partial credit on that. But the fact still remains, The Simpsons (be it the Tracey Ulman Shorts from 87'-89' and the Christmas special that aired in 89') is as much culturally in tune with the 1980s as Spongebob was for the 1990s (the first season taking place entirely in 1999). Despite The Simspons airing in the VERY late 80s, nobody associates The Simpsons with 1980s kid culture. However, that doesn't negate the fact that despite a big show like The Simpsons debuting in 89', the year still had a lot of 80s elements in kid culture ('TMNTmania', NES, The Real Ghost Busters, etc.). In the same way, 99' had Spongebob, a show that would define the 2000s, but also had a lot of 90s elements in kid culture ('Pokemania', N64, Hey Arnold, etc.).

“Spongebob” and “The Simpsons” are both important equally to pop culture fanatics.

Once again, as I eluded to above, I'm glad we both agree.

I hate when people say “The Simpsons” and “Spongebob” are both 90s cartoons. Grouping pop culture from one era to another that was worlds apart due to the numerical order of years is a lazy thing to do.

Ok, when did I (or anybody on here or in real life) ever made the claim that both The Simpsons and Spongebob are from the same era? In the sense that the peak in quality for the respective shows (so 1991-1997 for The Simpsons and 1999-2004 for Spongebob) were part of the same era? They both had happen to air in the 90s, but one show was culturally engrained in what was the 90s, while the other one more in the 00s. When both of these shows first coming onto air is irrelevant to this conversation.

Secondly, I find it interesting that now all of a sudden you are concerned about grouping "All numerical 90s years as the same", when you're the same person that is insistent in separating 95' and 96' babies (once again, for some weird obsession) because 95ers had happen to be 3 in 98'.... ??? Idk. But what's weirder is that you just said moments ago that

.......“The Simpsons” merchandise when it first came out in the earliest months of 1990.
In which I correctly noted that those born in 87' were already 3/in childhood, so by your logic they would also be marketed towards Simpsons merchandise in the same way you felt that 96ers, being among the first Zers in your view, were being equally marketed to as Late Millenials when Spongebob debuted in 99', and now all of a sudden you're concerned with the 90s being generalized as 'the same'. So what you're logic is saying is that, 1990-1998 was NOT "worlds apart", but 1990-1999, or I dare say it, 1998-1999, NO NO NO, those were two completely different eras. That doesn't make any sense, what so ever.

I wouldn't be as annoyed if you simply just stuck to your original rhetoric about 98' "being the last year that was culturally more 90s than 00s", but now that notion has been thrown out the window because you now concede that even if 98' was still culturally 90s, that (in your own words) "Grouping pop culture from one era to another that was worlds apart due to the numerical order of years is a lazy thing to do."

So simple question I have for you, is it lazy for me to assume that your argumentation for why Millennials are those born from 87'-95' because they all happen to be 3 from 1990-1998, when you just admitted that to make the assumption that the culture of the 90s was the same in two (possibly three) sections is deemed 'lazy', is also, well quite frankly, lazy? If you're just going off your opinion that 98' was slightly more 90s influenced than 00s influenced in comparison to 99', wouldn't the mere fact that 98' is much more closer in relation to 99' be evidence that an 95er's childhood experience was "world apart" to someone born in 87'? Or are you just conveniently brushing that aside?

Genuinely curious.

On the subject of ‘peak childhoods’, you have an interesting philosophy that I have never heard of before. People stop being infants from when they are 2 and half years old to 3 years old. 7 to 8 years old may be when a child has a better understanding of the time they are living in, but their childhood cultural identity is first formed somewhere from when they are 2 and a half to 3 years old.

It's not just an interesting philosophy. You see, my theory can actually be backed up by psychology and physiology:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Child_development_stages.svg/2560px-Child_development_stages.svg.png

As you can see in this graph, citing the Macmillan Dictionary for Students Macmillan, Pan Ltd. (1981), page 173. Retrieved 2010-7-15., toddlerhood begins at around 12 months and ends at around age 3. The 'pre schooler' range begins at around age 2 and lasts to about age 6. Overarching these two age ranges is a wide span known as 'Play Age', from 12 months of age to about age 8 (right before girls begin to start puberty, typically at age 9). 'Primary school' age begins at age 5 and ends at about age 11. At around age 9, girls start going through puberty, and both sexes begin the 'preadolescence' phase/or their 'tween' years as they start to transition smoothly out of childhood and into teenagedhood (however, they are in their early 'youthhood' at this point). Nicely in between is ages 7 & 8, which are both right before the start of the preadolescence phase and right after the end of the pre schooler phase. As well, they are both in the mathematic mid point of what is primary school age, and are the last two years where they are technically part of the 'play age'.

This suggests that based on scientific research on the manner, we should base childhood on what equally surrounds ages 7 & 8, add 4 years on either side and you get ages 3 & 12 respectively. Personally though, I begin it more at around age 3.5, because constant memories are not developed until around that time period. After your 12th birthday, and especially when one is 12.5 years of age, I don't personally really see that as one's childhood anymore (even accounting for late childhood), not just because of my personal opinion, but also based on extensive research that suggests that puberty begins to take hold more at this point in time.

Please try and discard ages 7.5-8 as 'peak' childhood as merely 'a neat philosophy'. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I have never heard an ‘86 born refer to “Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers” and “Animaniacs” as culture that they were nostalgic for. Mid 80s babies were getting up there in age in the 1990s. “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” and “Tim Burton’s Batman” seems to be all of the nostalgia that the latter mid 80s babies pine for. Bottom line, anyone born from 1975 and before 1987 will agree that the best things from the 90s were what was around from the 1980s still. It’s mainly Millennials that love what came out of the 1990s and they’re the only ones.  :o

Ok, now this is just a bunch of pure 'No True Scottsman' fallacies. Are you seriously telling me that you have never heard an 86' born have affinity to the Might Morphin Power Rangers? Guess whom apparently was a huge MMPR nut back in the mid 90s? My 1985 born sister. Dude, just give up ;D.

Also, I find it funny how you're being so desperate to make the generation Millennials so small (merely just 8 years), but yet you're willing to make the supposed cusp generation of X and Millennials (say it with me, 'Xennials) as 11 years long. I thought that 85' & 86' borns were Xennials because they remember the 80s? I thought that 95' & (oh my bad, was about to say 96' borns, oopsies ;D) as Millennials because they remember the 90s? So.... we're just going to ignore the fact that 75ers and 76ers both remember 78' & or 79' respectively, which would technically make them true, unapologetic, and unadulterated Gen Xers by your own logic from before, right? Or am I missing something?

It was stupid of FOX to put “The Simpsons Christmas Special” on that night in December of 1989.

“The Simpsons” series was not a part of any FOX line up before “The Simpson’s Christmas Special” aired.

No one, including some people who watched “The Tracey Ullman Show”, knew of who the Simpsons were. “The Simpsons Christmas Special” being on before the Christmas themed “Married with Children” episode was random.  :o

In some circles “The Simpsons” are thought of as an 1989 show and in others, “The Simpsons” are a 1990 show. The show creator, Matt Groening, was trying to get the first season of “The Simpsons” to be a fall season premiere before “The Simpson’s Christmas Special” was a go for FOX in 1989. Obviously, Matt Groening succeed at having “The Simpsons” be a new show on FOX in late 1989.

From my viewpoint, Matt Groening should have waited until after the first regular episodes of season 1 were shown to include “The Simpsons Christmas Special”. “The Simpsons Christmas Special” could have been on air in July of 1990 or in December of 1990 as part of season 2 with a new narration.

Now Simpsons fans are confused about dates when “The Simpsons Christmas Special” was originally not intended to be anything other than a stand alone Christmas special for the people who have been with FOX since 1987.

“The Simpsons Christmas Special” was renamed to “Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire” in 1994 for when the series was in syndication on FOX affiliates in the evenings. Now some people (like yourself) solemnly swear that “The Simpsons Christmas Special” is ‘where it all began’ when that is clearly not the case.

“The Simpsons Christmas Special” grabbed my attention better than all of the other season 1 episodes that came after it, but it originally had no ties to “The Simpsons” show in 1989. In other words, “The Simpson’s Christmas Special” was like the 1988 Butterfinger commercial with Millhouse in it.

Also, “The Simpsons Christmas Special” did not pull in viewers the way the actual series did in early 1990. Most Americans in the early 90s did not even know of “The Simpsons Christmas Special” until it was released on home video in 1991. :o

I think FOX might have added “The Simpsons Christmas Special” to one or a few of their late December time slots in 1990, but I don’t remember. FOX had a lot going on in the early 90s. What a channel to watch back then! FOX was the early 90s, when you think about it! The Arsenio Hall Show was on some FOX affiliates late at night as well! FOX was the network to watch from 1990 to 1992 and a little bit of 1993. Unfortunately, FOX morphed into how it is today from the rest of 1993 to the end of the 90s.  :\'(

I miss late 80s and early 90s FOX. There will not ever be another FOX station like there was in those years!

GREAT! More obscene rants brought to you by @Retrolover ;). Anyways, the fact remains that The Simpson's relevancy to the 80s is as weak as Spongebob was to the 90s. Does that make 89' any less 80s, NO. Does that make 99' any less 90s, NO.

Posted by: Retrolover
« on: Today at 11:32:51 PM » Insert Quote
Quote from: Slim95 on Today at 10:25:03 PM

2009 was culturally 2000s because a lot of the entertainment was for solely Millennials and Zers still. “UFC” is a late Zers’ “WWF”, Millennials were proud to have voted in Barack Obama, and Xers along with XYers (both parent groups of the ‘00s) were happy to see Ed ‘O Neil (aka Al Bundy) on prime time again in “Modern Family”.

The 2000s did end culturally until 2011 when Instagram was big with Yers and Zers and “Minecraft” was introduced for late Zers and early Alphas.

The only thing here that I can kinda agree with you with. Keyword; 'kinda'. As not really at all. Like what is your obsession with Alphas, weren't they born in like 2010 or something? Are saying that literal fetuses at the time were influencing kid culture in 2009? Please just spare your embarrassing excuse for being 'edgy' or being the 'voice of reason' ;D. Good night, and God speed to you, you truly need it.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/20/19 at 5:17 am

Movie wise in 2020, there will be a lot of sequels to 80's classics, including Top Gun, Ghostbusters, Bill and Ted, and possibly Beetlejuice.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/19 at 5:39 am

Movie wise in 2020, there will be a lot of sequels to 80's classics, including Top Gun, Ghostbusters, Bill and Ted, and possibly Beetlejuice.
With "Ghostbusters" why bother? The female version a few years back was a complete disaster.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/19 at 7:46 am

What do you picture 2020 looking like? Will there be more robots everywhere in the US in 2020 or same as now?

I would like to see more and more kiosks in fast food joints and more U-Scan machines in supermarkets replacing cashiers.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/20/19 at 8:55 am

Ok... @Retrolover I was going to be nice and just let you off the hook, but you're weird ass obsessions left me no choice. This is my last response on this thread in relation to generations (in which I am just as perplexed of this coming up as anybody else :o). Let me address each of your points, one by one.

I, and most people on this forum beg to differ, but nonetheless.

Ok so even while you are trying to defend your claim, you contradict yourself. You claim (later on, something that we both agree on) that The Simpsons and Spongebob are cultural icons within animation, arguably in culture at large. You claim that when Spongebob was first on the air in Mid 1999 (without evidence btw, but I digress) that the show was marketed exclusively towards Late Millennials and Early Zers. The Simpsons being marketed towards Boomers, Xers, and X/Yers. First of all, the first months of 1990, would've meant that, based on your definition, some of the earliest Millennials (87' borns) were already technically kids and to be of main influence of pop culture. Therefor, you exclude them from being able to partake in the original run of The Simpsons during its first season in 1989-1990, when you just said a post ago that once someone is 3 years of age they are now to be expected to be influenced by the kid culture being marketed to.

So if we're following that logic, The Simpsons could've been marketed to Boomers, Xers, 'Xellenials', and even some of the first Millennials as well. Why are you comfortable in not saying that "The Simpsons was a FOX Cartoon meant to grab Baby Boomers, Xers, Xellenials, and early Millennials", but you're completely comfortable in saying "Spongebob Squarepants was a Nickelodeon cartoon meant to grab late Millennials and early Zers"?

Ok, I'll give you partial credit on that. But the fact still remains, The Simpsons (be it the Tracey Ulman Shorts from 87'-89' and the Christmas special that aired in 89') is as much culturally in tune with the 1980s as Spongebob was for the 1990s (the first season taking place entirely in 1999). Despite The Simspons airing in the VERY late 80s, nobody associates The Simpsons with 1980s kid culture. However, that doesn't negate the fact that despite a big show like The Simpsons debuting in 89', the year still had a lot of 80s elements in kid culture ('TMNTmania', NES, The Real Ghost Busters, etc.). In the same way, 99' had Spongebob, a show that would define the 2000s, but also had a lot of 90s elements in kid culture ('Pokemania', N64, Hey Arnold, etc.).

Once again, as I eluded to above, I'm glad we both agree.

Ok, when did I (or anybody on here or in real life) ever made the claim that both The Simpsons and Spongebob are from the same era? In the sense that the peak in quality for the respective shows (so 1991-1997 for The Simpsons and 1999-2004 for Spongebob) were part of the same era? They both had happen to air in the 90s, but one show was culturally engrained in what was the 90s, while the other one more in the 00s. When both of these shows first coming onto air is irrelevant to this conversation.

Secondly, I find it interesting that now all of a sudden you are concerned about grouping "All numerical 90s years as the same", when you're the same person that is insistent in separating 95' and 96' babies (once again, for some weird obsession) because 95ers had happen to be 3 in 98'.... ??? Idk. But what's weirder is that you just said moments ago that
In which I correctly noted that those born in 87' were already 3/in childhood, so by your logic they would also be marketed towards Simpsons merchandise in the same way you felt that 96ers, being among the first Zers in your view, were being equally marketed to as Late Millenials when Spongebob debuted in 99', and now all of a sudden you're concerned with the 90s being generalized as 'the same'. So what you're logic is saying is that, 1990-1998 was NOT "worlds apart", but 1990-1999, or I dare say it, 1998-1999, NO NO NO, those were two completely different eras. That doesn't make any sense, what so ever.

I wouldn't be as annoyed if you simply just stuck to your original rhetoric about 98' "being the last year that was culturally more 90s than 00s", but now that notion has been thrown out the window because you now concede that even if 98' was still culturally 90s, that (in your own words) "Grouping pop culture from one era to another that was worlds apart due to the numerical order of years is a lazy thing to do."

So simple question I have for you, is it lazy for me to assume that your argumentation for why Millennials are those born from 87'-95' because they all happen to be 3 from 1990-1998, when you just admitted that to make the assumption that the culture of the 90s was the same in two (possibly three) sections is deemed 'lazy', is also, well quite frankly, lazy? If you're just going off your opinion that 98' was slightly more 90s influenced than 00s influenced in comparison to 99', wouldn't the mere fact that 98' is much more closer in relation to 99' be evidence that an 95er's childhood experience was "world apart" to someone born in 87'? Or are you just conveniently brushing that aside?

Genuinely curious.

It's not just an interesting philosophy. You see, my theory can actually be backed up by psychology and physiology:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Child_development_stages.svg/2560px-Child_development_stages.svg.png

As you can see in this graph, citing the Macmillan Dictionary for Students Macmillan, Pan Ltd. (1981), page 173. Retrieved 2010-7-15., toddlerhood begins at around 12 months and ends at around age 3. The 'pre schooler' range begins at around age 2 and lasts to about age 6. Overarching these two age ranges is a wide span known as 'Play Age', from 12 months of age to about age 8 (right before girls begin to start puberty, typically at age 9). 'Primary school' age begins at age 5 and ends at about age 11. At around age 9, girls start going through puberty, and both sexes begin the 'preadolescence' phase/or their 'tween' years as they start to transition smoothly out of childhood and into teenagedhood (however, they are in their early 'youthhood' at this point). Nicely in between is ages 7 & 8, which are both right before the start of the preadolescence phase and right after the end of the pre schooler phase. As well, they are both in the mathematic mid point of what is primary school age, and are the last two years where they are technically part of the 'play age'.

This suggests that based on scientific research on the manner, we should base childhood on what equally surrounds ages 7 & 8, add 4 years on either side and you get ages 3 & 12 respectively. Personally though, I begin it more at around age 3.5, because constant memories are not developed until around that time period. After your 12th birthday, and especially when one is 12.5 years of age, I don't personally really see that as one's childhood anymore (even accounting for late childhood), not just because of my personal opinion, but also based on extensive research that suggests that puberty begins to take hold more at this point in time.

Please try and discard ages 7.5-8 as 'peak' childhood as merely 'a neat philosophy'. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Ok, now this is just a bunch of pure 'No True Scottsman' fallacies. Are you seriously telling me that you have never heard an 86' born have affinity to the Might Morphin Power Rangers? Guess whom apparently was a huge MMPR nut back in the mid 90s? My 1985 born sister. Dude, just give up ;D.

Also, I find it funny how you're being so desperate to make the generation Millennials so small (merely just 8 years), but yet you're willing to make the supposed cusp generation of X and Millennials (say it with me, 'Xennials) as 11 years long. I thought that 85' & 86' borns were Xennials because they remember the 80s? I thought that 95' & (oh my bad, was about to say 96' borns, oopsies ;D) as Millennials because they remember the 90s? So.... we're just going to ignore the fact that 75ers and 76ers both remember 78' & or 79' respectively, which would technically make them true, unapologetic, and unadulterated Gen Xers by your own logic from before, right? Or am I missing something?

GREAT! More obscene rants brought to you by @Retrolover ;). Anyways, the fact remains that The Simpson's relevancy to the 80s is as weak as Spongebob was to the 90s. Does that make 89' any less 80s, NO. Does that make 99' any less 90s, NO.

The only thing here that I can kinda agree with you with. Keyword; 'kinda'. As not really at all. Like what is your obsession with Alphas, weren't they born in like 2010 or something? Are saying that literal fetuses at the time were influencing kid culture in 2009? Please just spare your embarrassing excuse for being 'edgy' or being the 'voice of reason' ;D. Good night, and God speed to you, you truly need it.

You are one large ego trip today and your information is incorrect. Once again, you are twisting around my words in an attempt to make me sound dumber than you.  >:(

Other than this one, I will try not to hold any conversations with you in this thread.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/20/19 at 8:56 am

All of the 2020s sequels will be awful. Haven’t we seen this happen time and time again in this century already?!

Leave the classics alone.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/20/19 at 9:02 am

I would like to see more and more kiosks in fast food joints and more U-Scan machines in supermarkets replacing cashiers.

Ah…I don’t know if I want that, but some cashiers could stop being lazy and hateful towards customers. The whole kiosk versus cashier debate makes me wonder how these cashiers on their cell phones at work get hired. Anyone can look somewhat decent for an interview and rehearse their lines for the interview before they get in. Instead of pointless interviewers, employers should station candidates behind registers and have them fake ring up the employers item. Get the potential cashiers ready for a day at work. Then, the candidates that are only there for the paycheck will be sorted out from the candidates who give great customer service.

I don’t like kiosks and U-Scan machines taking away jobs from human beings.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/20/19 at 9:42 am

Yeah, you mentioned before how 2019-2020 reminds you of 2003-2004. To me it reminds me more of 1983-1984; A GOP President, A Good (but on shaky ground) economy, A neo 'cold war' with Russia (& to a slightly lesser extent, China), More colorful forms of fashion, A new wave of entrepreneurship (with the rise of the 'Yuccie', a blend of 'yuppie' and 'hipster'), etc. etc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/19 at 9:45 am

These devices is just the world anti-social, no one to talk too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/19 at 9:47 am

Ah…I don’t know if I want that, but some cashiers could stop being lazy and hateful towards customers. The whole kiosk versus cashier debate makes me wonder how these cashiers on their cell phones at work get hired. Anyone can look somewhat decent for an interview and rehearse their lines for the interview before they get in. Instead of pointless interviewers, employers should station candidates behind registers and have them fake ring up the employers item. Get the potential cashiers ready for a day at work. Then, the candidates that are only there for the paycheck will be sorted out from the candidates who give great customer service.

I don’t like kiosks and U-Scan machines taking away jobs from human beings.

These devices is just the world anti-social, no one to talk too.
There again, if a device breakdown, a member of staff is still required to see to it?

Written By: Retrolover on 08/20/19 at 9:56 am

There again, if a device breakdown, a member of staff is still required to see to it?

One to two members of staff, not over two of them. Do you know how many mouths to feed and shelter in America that there are?  :o

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/20/19 at 11:27 am

All of the 2020s sequel will be awful. Haven’t we seen this happen time and time again in this century already?!

Leave the classics alone.

This one is going to be a direct sequel to Ghostbusters II with the same cast. This idea actually has been proposed for over 10 years, and there was even a PS3 video game based on the story. Supposedly one of the characters is Sigourney Weavers character's son, the one who was the baby in GB2.

Written By: Retrolover on 08/20/19 at 11:30 am

This one is going to be a direct sequel to Ghostbusters II with the same cast. This idea actually has been proposed for over 10 years, and there was even a PS3 video game based on the story. Supposedly one of the characters is Sigourney Weavers character's son, the one who was the baby in GB2.

Same cast? So they are going to make a CGI hologram of Harold Ramis for “Ghostbusters 3”?  :o

Written By: Retrolover on 08/20/19 at 11:36 am

What happens when the devices get to be so smart that they function exactly like a human being?  :o

I can hear all Americans in the latter half of this century already:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9YwK9fbS-wo/Vq5ATLquKBI/AAAAAAAAOHM/u4R5cpLlV9E/s1600/gonna-die.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/19 at 12:04 pm

Ok, you were warned. This thread is now locked.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...