inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: “Midsommar” is probably the most original horror movie of the 2010’s

Written By: duenas8 on 09/24/19 at 2:52 pm

I watched this movie yesterday and simply I’ve never watched something similar before. It’s a totally different kind of horror, where beauty related images such as flowers, green landscapes and happy people dancing become absolutely disturbing, also unlike most horror movies where there’s a dark atmosphere, here’s the sunlight is completely intense and combined with gore scenes make this movie unsettling and trippy.

1Vnghdsjmd0

Subject: Re: “Midsommar” is probably the most original horror movie of the 2010’s

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/24/19 at 5:45 pm

I feel like you’d like Annihilation with Natalie Portman. It has a dizzying, psychedelic visual style which, while not necessarily always bright and colorful, has the same effect as what you’re describing.

Subject: Re: “Midsommar” is probably the most original horror movie of the 2010’s

Written By: woahjoey on 09/24/19 at 7:13 pm

I've been wanting to see this since I first saw a teaser trailer nearly a year ago.  Have you seen Hereditary?

Written By: duenas8 on 09/24/19 at 7:59 pm

I feel like you’d like Annihilation with Natalie Portman. It has a dizzying, psychedelic visual style which, while not necessarily always bright and colorful, has the same effect as what you’re describing.

Loved it, overall the ending is very insane. It seems sci-fi is also moving to experimental and bizarre directions

I've been wanting to see this since I first saw a teaser trailer nearly a year ago.  Have you seen Hereditary?

Yes, it’s the closest kind of horror that I remember. Well, both are directed by the same person

Check for new replies or respond here...