inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Downton Abbey knocks out Rambo and Brad Pitt at US box office

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/19 at 8:36 am

The Downton Abbey movie reigned over the North American box office chart in its first weekend, delivering a sucker punch to the new Rambo sequel. A close race had been predicted between Downton and Sylvester Stallone's Rambo: Last Blood for the number one spot. The big screen version of the British TV favourite took $31m (£25m), according to studio estimates. Brad Pitt's Ad Astra entered at number two with $19.2m (£15m), pushing the fifth Rambo film into third with $19m. The Downton movie, which sees the king and queen visit the Crawley family, was released in the US and Canada a week after it came out in the UK, where it topped the chart with debut weekend takings of £5.1m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49794817

Can I take it that "Downton Abbey" is popular in the USA?

Subject: Re: Downton Abbey knocks out Rambo and Brad Pitt at US box office

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/25/19 at 5:37 pm

Can I take it that "Downton Abbey" is popular in the USA?

I have never watched even one episode of Downtown Abbey.

The title of the show always left me thinking that “Downtown Abbey” was the neighborhood floozy who lived down the street.  :P

Subject: Re: Downton Abbey knocks out Rambo and Brad Pitt at US box office

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/19 at 2:44 am

I did hear on the radio last night that "Downton Abbey" is very popular in the USA, so I reckon it will feature for Academy Award Nominations. That means I should be seeing it soon.

Check for new replies or respond here...