inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jurassic Park Reboot...

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/25/19 at 5:53 pm

Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum will feature prominently in “Jurassic Park 3”.  8)

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/25/20883094/jurassic-park-3-sam-neill-laura-dern-jeff-goldblum

Subject: Re: Jurassic Park Reboot...

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/19 at 7:36 am

Sam Neill, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum will feature prominently in “Jurassic Park 3”.  8)

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/25/20883094/jurassic-park-3-sam-neill-laura-dern-jeff-goldblum
Any light on who will be directing the film?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/26/19 at 5:39 pm

Any light on who will be directing the film?

Have not found any info on the director yet.

Now what I wonder is how people will handle the confusion caused by this movie, since “Jurassic Park III” was issued in 2001.  ???

Written By: Dj. on 09/26/19 at 9:28 pm

i guess they gotta keep the moneymachine rolling, personally i didnt even think Jurassic Park 3 was that good (i just liked it due to having grown up with Jurassic Park and it feutered Sam Neill)

Written By: GameXcaper on 09/27/19 at 4:27 am

So many goddamn reboots, sequels, remakes etc. Nothing original these days. What has happened to movies? The same thing can be said for video games. Too many DLC's, sheeshty gameplay, focusing too much on graphics, unfinished games filled with bugs and glitches, all games are the same, macro and microtransactions, sequel and sequel, remasters and reboots, disappointing your original fans to appeal to a broader or newer audience, companies becoming more and more greedy and trying to milk every penny from their games. Looks like creativity is dying out. And don't even get me started on Music. Not to mention how everything seems to be political in some way or form. Entertainment has never been at such a low point before.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/27/19 at 5:13 am

So many goddamn reboots, sequels, remakes etc. Nothing original these days. What has happened to movies? The same thing can be said for video games. Too many DLC's, sheeshty gameplay, focusing too much on graphics, unfinished games filled with bugs and glitches, all games are the same, macro and microtransactions, sequel and sequel, remasters and reboots, disappointing your original fans to appeal to a broader or newer audience, companies becoming more and more greedy and trying to milk every penny from their games. Looks like creativity is dying out. And don't even get me started on Music. Not to mention how everything seems to be political in some way or form. Entertainment has never been at such a low point before.

Yep. 2019 entertainment is a real suckfest. Everything is dreck.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/19 at 2:31 am

The film will not be the same for the British actor Richard Attenborough has now sadly passed on.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/28/19 at 6:39 am

The film will not be the same for the British actor Richard Attenborough has now sadly passed on.

They could still reprise his role using prior film outtakes, computer generated imaging, or “off camera dialogue”.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/19 at 6:43 am

They could still reprise his role using prior film outtakes, computer generated imaging, or “off camera dialogue”.
I just will not be the same. They did that to a Inspector Clouseau Pink Panther film and it just did not work.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/28/19 at 7:20 am

I just will not be the same. They did that to a Inspector Clouseau Pink Panther film and it just did not work.

Well technology has advanced a long way since then.

A old buddy of mine has 4 Oscar® awards (and another 6 nominations)  for special effects.  I’ll bet he could put something together pretty cool here.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/19 at 7:28 am

Well technology has advanced a long way since then.

A old buddy of mine has 4 Oscar® awards (and another 6 nominations)  for special effects.  I’ll bet he could put something together pretty cool here.  8)
O0

Let us wait to see the final product.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/28/19 at 7:53 am

O0

Let us wait to see the final product.

If it’s half as cool as The Incredible Hulk (2003) movie special effects, it will be awesome. Although my buddy was not in on that flick.

2ErnLuJKQA4

Written By: Howard on 09/28/19 at 2:32 pm

Wasn't Steve Martin in that film? ???

Written By: violet_shy on 09/28/19 at 2:42 pm

He was such a wonderful, amazing actor! It would not be the same without him.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/19 at 3:19 am

Wasn't Steve Martin in that film? ???
No not that film, it was "Trail of the Pink Panther" (1982), made 18 months after the death of Peter Sellers, using deleted scenes from previous films. It did not work, it was widely panned by critics, and was completely terrible.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/29/19 at 6:32 am

No not that film, it was "Trail of the Pink Panther" (1982), made 18 months after the death of Peter Sellers, using deleted scenes from previous films. It did not work, it was widely panned by critics, and was completely terrible.

TOTPP was bad news all around. Major cast members Harvey Korman, Herbert Lom, Richard Mulligan, David Niven, Robert Loggia, Burt Kwouk (Kato), Graham Stark, Peter Arne, Leonard Rossiter, Capucine :-*, Ronald Fraser, Harold Kasket, and Liz Smith all passed away after production wrapped.  :-\\

So it’s not likely that we’d see a reboot of TOTPP.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/19 at 9:30 am

TOTPP was bad news all around. Major cast members Harvey Korman, Herbert Lom, Richard Mulligan, David Niven, Robert Loggia, Burt Kwouk (Kato), Graham Stark, Peter Arne, Leonard Rossiter, Capucine :-*, Ronald Fraser, Harold Kasket, and Liz Smith all passed away after production wrapped.  :-\\

So it’s not likely that we’d see a reboot of TOTPP.
The idea of Clousseau and the Pink Panther films are now best to be left alone.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/19 at 2:03 pm

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNGI2MjVlNzEtZDg1ZS00MGU1LWFhNTQtNzMwZDViOWRkNzhkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/19 at 2:05 pm

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BNGI2MjVlNzEtZDg1ZS00MGU1LWFhNTQtNzMwZDViOWRkNzhkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 21% , and it showed!

Written By: Howard on 09/29/19 at 2:35 pm

On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 21% , and it showed!

I might think about watching it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/19 at 2:38 pm

I might think about watching it.
Watch a better film!

Check for new replies or respond here...