inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hamilton

Written By: Criz on 09/30/19 at 11:30 am

Soooo...who has seen Hamilton?

I've been to my fair share of musicals over the years and I have to admit, I was utterly blown away by it. Cannot stop listening to the coundtrack, also. It's so clever and unique -  never seen a show quite like it. Any other fans out there?

Subject: Re: Hamilton

Written By: karen on 10/02/19 at 12:32 pm

My son has been listening to the soundtrack for ages. He is going to see it in October with a friend.  My daughter and I are going in December

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/19 at 6:16 pm

I have the soundtrack but believe it or not, I haven't listened to it YET!  :-[

Cat

Written By: Criz on 10/03/19 at 2:16 pm

I have the soundtrack but believe it or not, I haven't listened to it YET!  :-[

Cat

Oh my gosh, Cat! You must listen to it! Or better yet - go and see it first! The impact will be so much better.

And Karen - you won't be disappointed!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/19 at 3:50 pm

Oh my gosh, Cat! You must listen to it! Or better yet - go and see it first! The impact will be so much better.

I would LOVE to go see it but I don't think that is possible anytime soon.

My sister gave me a flashdrive FULL of soundtracks to many musicals-Hamilton being one of them. I just need to burn it onto a CD so I can listen to it where/when I listen to my music. I just haven't as of yet but I have been meaning to.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/03/19 at 6:04 pm

I see Hamilton every day, as I am a Hamilton.  8)

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/03/19 at 7:18 pm

Soooo...who has seen Hamilton?

I've been to my fair share of musicals over the years and I have to admit, I was utterly blown away by it. Cannot stop listening to the coundtrack, also. It's so clever and unique -  never seen a show quite like it. Any other fans out there?

I actually saw the show last year. I liked the musical overall. My main issue was that Hamilton was mostly talked (rapped) about and he barely had his own major scenes. Loved the Thomas Jefferson and King George parts (obviously).

I've been revisiting and obsessing over the musical Caroline Or Change. You should check it out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/19 at 6:22 am

I will over the weekend listen to what I can on YouTube.

Written By: Criz on 10/05/19 at 7:19 am

I actually saw the show last year. I liked the musical overall. My main issue was that Hamilton was mostly talked (rapped) about and he barely had his own major scenes. Loved the Thomas Jefferson and King George parts (obviously).

I've been revisiting and obsessing over the musical Caroline Or Change. You should check it out.

Hmm - I understand your point but I still loved it. The King is brilliant! I have had 'Guns and Ships' on repeat since I saw it - slowly trying to learn the rap :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/19 at 7:20 am

I will over the weekend listen to what I can on YouTube.

Hmm - I understand your point but I still loved it. The King is brilliant! I have had 'Guns and Ships' on repeat since I saw it - slowly trying to learn the rap :D
Thanks for the reminder!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/19 at 7:25 am

With "Guns and Ships" it will take a time to like it,,,

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/05/19 at 7:26 am

With "Guns and Ships" it will take a time to like it,,,
Sorry I had to stop it, it not my true kind of music.

Written By: Criz on 10/05/19 at 10:30 am

Sorry I had to stop it, it not my true kind of music.

I'm quite ecclectic in my tastes - I cannot stand modern rap, but I love old school rap/hip hop and it's great. Maybe 'Satisfied' , 'Wait For It' or 'It's Quiet Uptown' might be more your thing - all truly great songs but very different.

Subject: Re: Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda recalls childhood tragedy

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/19 at 4:32 am

Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda has spoken about how the death of his childhood best friend has shaped his plays and his outlook on life.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49936747

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/19 at 12:26 pm

I FINALLY listened to it-for the first time. I plan on listening to it again in the next couple of weeks.

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/01/19 at 11:01 am

My son saw the show yesterday. He said it was so good it made him cry!

Written By: Criz on 11/02/19 at 12:23 pm

My son saw the show yesterday. He said it was so good it made him cry!

I totally cried too - no shame!! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/02/19 at 1:10 pm

I cry during shows all the time. I cried when I saw Hair & last year when I saw Wicked. At Wicked, not only did I cry at the end, I also cried at the end of Act 1. If I ever see Hamilton, I will probably cry then, too.  (Damn hormones.)

Cat

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/02/19 at 9:53 pm

Idk. While I enjoyed the show...the first act was a blur. If you're not used to rap or rap isn't that much of your thing, I suggest at least reading the lyrics before watching the show. The rapping during the first part is sooooo rapid that I couldn't really take the show in as much as I  should have

Written By: mwalker1996 on 11/05/19 at 4:11 pm

Crazy how people are still talking about Hamilton. I remember first hearing about it in 2016 when it was still on Broadway.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/19 at 4:27 pm

Crazy how people are still talking about Hamilton. I remember first hearing about it in 2016 when it was still on Broadway.

It is not unusual for good plays to be talked about for years-sometimes decades. Phantom of the Opera is one example.

Cat

Written By: karen on 11/06/19 at 12:47 pm

The Mousetrap has been staged in London for several decades

Check for new replies or respond here...