inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is McDonald’s Still Popular?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/14/19 at 6:35 pm

Or is Chick Fil-A your go-to fast food?  ???

Subject: Re: Is McDonald’s Still Popular?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 11/14/19 at 6:48 pm

I know where you got the idea for this thread from: http://popedia.boards.net/thread/2886/mcdonalds-popular

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/14/19 at 7:00 pm

I know where you got the idea for this thread from: http://popedia.boards.net/thread/2886/mcdonalds-popular

? ? ?

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 11/14/19 at 8:36 pm

Of course it is, what the heck  ;D A lot of my friends go there every week

Written By: annimal on 11/14/19 at 8:40 pm

popular with what?

Written By: nally on 11/14/19 at 10:54 pm

For me? Neither.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/19 at 7:29 am

I don't go to McDonalds anymore.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/15/19 at 11:33 am

popular with what?

Popular with your average fast food consumer.

Written By: annimal on 11/15/19 at 11:38 am

^me neither

Oh a dear I got to run    got to run
This is such a big surprise        diarrhea

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/15/19 at 12:08 pm

I eat there occasionally - it's super convenient.  When feeding our soccer boys, we go there more often - they like McDonald's.

Written By: Howard on 11/15/19 at 1:40 pm

I eat there occasionally - it's super convenient.  When feeding our soccer boys, we go there more often - they like McDonald's.

What do you usually order?

Written By: 2001 on 11/15/19 at 1:56 pm

My sister likes it. I hate it, except the ice cream.

Written By: annimal on 11/15/19 at 5:41 pm

Popular with your average fast food consumer.

who's that?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/15/19 at 6:06 pm

who's that?

People who need to eat food.  FAST.

Written By: nally on 11/15/19 at 7:21 pm

I don't go to McDonalds anymore.

The only thing I really go there for anymore is a soft-serve ice cream cone. Even so, my visits there are minimal.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/15/19 at 9:25 pm

What do you usually order?

My order varies a whole lot.  But our soccer boys (teens) are predictable - they always ask for Big Mac with added Bacon  :D

Written By: 2001 on 11/16/19 at 8:43 pm

My sister likes it. I hate it, except the ice cream.

My sister got me McDonald's.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/19 at 7:24 am

The only thing I really go there for anymore is a soft-serve ice cream cone. Even so, my visits there are minimal.

I've been going to Burger King lately.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/19 at 7:25 am

My order varies a whole lot.  But our soccer boys (teens) are predictable - they always ask for Big Mac with added Bacon  :D

What about Burger King, Do you frequent that?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/17/19 at 12:28 pm

What about Burger King, Do you frequent that?

Up until a year ago there was a BK about 100 feet from my office building. I worked in that building for roughly 3 years. I only grabbed a burger from BK maybe 3 times. Otherwise I went over there for a Frozen Coke, if the machine was working (which most of the time, it wasn’t). Place was a real suck-o-rama.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 11/17/19 at 2:47 pm

Up until a year ago there was a BK about 100 feet from my office building. I worked in that building for roughly 3 years. I only grabbed a burger from BK maybe 3 times. Otherwise I went over there for a Frozen Coke, if the machine was working (which most of the time, it wasn’t). Place was a real suck-o-rama.  8-P

So, where do you go for fast food?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/17/19 at 3:14 pm

So, where do you go for fast food?

We have a joint here in Picksburgh called Eat ‘n’ Park. Not exactly “fast food” but pretty close, and they have a decent menu.

Way back when, they used to be a Big Boy franchisee. Instead of the Big Boy Sandwich, they offer the Superburger, :P which is basically the same thing.

The Big Boy sandwich pre-dated the Big Mac by like 40 years.  ;D

Written By: annimal on 11/17/19 at 3:29 pm

Bob's ?

Written By: Howard on 11/17/19 at 5:40 pm

We have a joint here in Picksburgh called Eat ‘n’ Park. Not exactly “fast food” but pretty close, and they have a decent menu.

Way back when, they used to be a Big Boy franchisee. Instead of the Big Boy Sandwich, they offer the Superburger, :P which is basically the same thing.

The Big Boy sandwich pre-dated the Big Mac by like 40 years.  ;D

So you order a burger and fries?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/17/19 at 5:55 pm

So you order a burger and fries?

Every now and then.

Usually I just get a bowl of their chicken noodle soup and some rolls.  :P

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/17/19 at 9:12 pm

I only really eat their breakfast foods if I stop there, otherwise I think there are better fast food options available.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/18/19 at 1:25 am

I do have to say that I look forward to the annual return of the McRib.  :P

Written By: Dude111 on 11/18/19 at 2:09 am

I only really eat their breakfast foods if I stop there, otherwise I think there are better fast food options available.

Yes I think juat about any USDA ORGANIC option is much better :)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/19 at 7:18 am

Every now and then.

Usually I just get a bowl of their chicken noodle soup and some rolls.  :P

A bowl of chicken soup and some rolls probably won't fill you up but a burger and fries will plus you also got a side dish of cole slaw and a pickle.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/19 at 7:19 am

When I go to Burger King I get their value menu breakfast deal of hash browns or maybe a small breakfast burrito with a coffee on the side.

Written By: annimal on 11/18/19 at 10:05 am

I use to get the chicken fingers at Burger King when I was little, but now my parents don't go there.  My favorite now is the Jumbo Jack

Written By: Howard on 11/18/19 at 1:13 pm

Yes I think juat about any USDA ORGANIC option is much better :)

Dude, have you had The Impossible Whopper yet?

Written By: Howard on 11/18/19 at 1:19 pm

I do have to say that I look forward to the annual return of the McRib.  :P

How was the McRib before? Was it what you expected?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/18/19 at 5:39 pm

How was the McRib before? Was it what you expected?

The McRib is and always has been awesome.  I wish they made them year-round.  8)

Back when they first came out, they were advertised as "the no bones barbeque".  A buddy of mine broke a tooth on one... seems a bone made it through the process.  ;D

Written By: Dude111 on 11/19/19 at 6:15 am

Dude, have you had The Impossible Whopper yet?

No does it taste good??

Written By: Howard on 11/19/19 at 7:20 am

The McRib is and always has been awesome.  I wish they made them year-round.  8)

Back when they first came out, they were advertised as "the no bones barbeque".  A buddy of mine broke a tooth on one... seems a bone made it through the process.  ;D

I kind of liked it but I wish they made it bigger, when they advertised it on TV, it looked large.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/19 at 7:20 am

No does it taste good??

It tastes the same as a regular whopper.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/19/19 at 9:12 pm

Hehe ok then I have my answer ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/21/19 at 2:08 pm

Is Burger King more popular than McDonald's?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/19 at 10:51 am

Yes, still very popular, especially for the breakfast menu.

Also, very popular with my granddaughter.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/19 at 2:43 pm

Yes, still very popular, especially for the breakfast menu.

Also, very popular with my granddaughter.

I love their breakfast menu when I have the hash browns and hot coffee.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/19 at 2:44 pm

I love their breakfast menu when I have the hash browns and hot coffee.
It's always hash browns for me too!

Written By: Howard on 11/26/19 at 2:59 pm

It's always hash browns for me too!

and dipping them in either ketchup or maple syrup.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/19 at 3:23 pm

and dipping them in either ketchup or maple syrup.
I have mastered the taste of maple syrup.

Written By: rapplepop on 11/27/19 at 6:48 pm

It's still popular with Chinese people. Last time I was there I was the only white person in the lobby, pretty much everyone else was Chinese/Asian.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/19 at 6:34 am

It's still popular with Chinese people. Last time I was there I was the only white person in the lobby, pretty much everyone else was Chinese/Asian.

Was this in China?

Written By: Howard on 11/28/19 at 7:31 am

Have you ever visited a Chinese McDonald's?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/19 at 9:05 am

Have you ever visited a Chinese McDonald's?

I was in a Japanese McDonalds. They had the same items as we have here in the US of A.

Written By: Howard on 11/28/19 at 3:08 pm

I was in a Japanese McDonalds. They had the same items as we have here in the US of A.

What did you order?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/19 at 3:29 pm

What did you order?

Quarter Pounder with cheese, fries, Coke.

Written By: karen on 11/30/19 at 9:38 am

There are three McDonalds in the town where I live and they all seem pretty busy. The one in the main town square has a bit of a bad reputation as a place where yobs hang around (inside and out).  This week around 20 or so had banning orders preventing them from visiting the restaurant

My fast food of choice is either Subway or a local Mexican place called Plan Burrito

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/10/20 at 5:08 pm

With McDonalds fast food joints being amongst the few establishments where you can get prepared food throughout the coronavirus debacle, do you think there will be a backlash/burnout after all the restrictions are lifted? ???

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/10/20 at 5:46 pm

With McDonalds fast food joints being amongst the few establishments where you can get prepared food throughout the coronavirus debacle, do you think there will be a backlash/burnout after all the restrictions are lifted? ???

I think McDonald’s will always be the most popular fast food joint. If all fast food closed down, they would be the last one to do so.

So far we have a BK, Arby’s, and Big Boy that have closed for good. Big Boy had problems staying open last summer because of lack of workers. Dennys had the same problem.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/20 at 1:41 am

In the UK McDonald's is currently open for take away only, and no hanging around when purchasing.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/20 at 7:29 am

I think McDonald’s will always be the most popular fast food joint. If all fast food closed down, they would be the last one to do so.

So far we have a BK, Arby’s, and Big Boy that have closed for good. Big Boy had problems staying open last summer because of lack of workers. Dennys had the same problem.

And most of the establishments now are open for take-out only.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/11/20 at 7:55 am

And most of the establishments now are open for take-out only.

Many in the north part of the state are now open with measures in place. Like 50% or less capacity, tables spaced apart and away from main walkways, masks required unless you are seated.

The governor finally gave us northerners some reprieve since through all of this, the confirmed cases for northern counties have only been about 1 per week, with a few more like 1 a day.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/20 at 8:00 am

Many in the north part of the state are now open with measures in place. Like 50% or less capacity, tables spaced apart and away from main walkways, masks required unless you are seated.

The governor finally gave us northerners some reprieve since through all of this, the confirmed cases for northern counties have only been about 1 per week, with a few more like 1 a day.

https://www.e-arc.com/wp-content/themes/earcv3/lib/theme/media/floor-decals-3.jpg

They have had these signs on the floor where you should stand.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/11/20 at 8:20 am

https://www.e-arc.com/wp-content/themes/earcv3/lib/theme/media/floor-decals-3.jpg

We are not that elaborate. We get tape in the shape of an X. Outside we get a painted X.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/20 at 9:27 am

A distance of about two broom lengthS?

Written By: 2001 on 06/11/20 at 1:12 pm

I don't think McDonald's is going anywhere.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/20 at 2:34 pm

A distance of about two broom lengthS?

I would guess about that distance.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/14/20 at 12:38 pm

I don't think McDonald's is going anywhere.

The chain's been ingrained in American culture for generations now. Hell, fast food restaurants in general are an indelible part of American culture. Trans fat and high calories galore.  :D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/14/20 at 12:57 pm

The chain's been ingrained in American culture for generations now. Hell, fast food restaurants in general are an indelible part of American culture. Trans fat and high calories galore.  :D

We are living through a time of great upheaval. Things long ingrained in our culture are being toppled. Be it statues, institutions or long entrenched beliefs. Things are being swept away. I would like to see McDonalds and their unhealthy, sick-making, smelly food be among them. The only thing I would be sorry about is people losing their jobs. But surely, nobody plans to stay  in "McJobs" for the long term anyway.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/20 at 1:48 pm

I mean, who doesn't love fast food these days, I've enjoyed fast food all my life eating burgers, french fries, chicken nuggets and filling up loads of coke in my cup.

Written By: 2001 on 06/14/20 at 2:54 pm

The whole world has become addicted to fast food. America used to be indisputable #1 in global obesity rates, but now it's somewhere closer to #20.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/20 at 7:22 am

The whole world has become addicted to fast food. America used to be indisputable #1 in global obesity rates, but now it's somewhere closer to #20.

Just imagine if the whole world went on Weight Watchers, what would it look like?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/15/20 at 10:26 am

Just imagine if the whole world went on Weight Watchers, what would it look like?

America would look like what it looked like 30 or so years ago. The American obesity epidemic (yes, that's what the CDC called it in 1999) basically started in the 1990s and has been growing ever since. Take a look at a picture from the Woodstock festival in 1969 for example. Half a million people in various states of undress and you see very, very few overweight people. Compare that to a more recent photo of a large gathering, say at a country music festival or large sporting event. You will see a large number of overweight people.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/15/20 at 1:03 pm

When I was couchsurfing and commuting 50 miles back and forth to work every day a few months back (long story) I'd hit up a 24 hour McDonald's on the way back to my sister's house because I work late and they were open 24 hours. I think their quality has improved quite a bit over the last several years.

I actually went to high school with a guy whose dad was an animal science professor at the University of Nebraska and who invented the process that allowed McDonald's to create the McRib.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2011/11/04/142018151/from-nebraska-lab-to-mcdonalds-tray-the-mcribs-strange-journey

Written By: Howard on 06/15/20 at 1:57 pm

America would look like what it looked like 30 or so years ago. The American obesity epidemic (yes, that's what the CDC called it in 1999) basically started in the 1990s and has been growing ever since. Take a look at a picture from the Woodstock festival in 1969 for example. Half a million people in various states of undress and you see very, very few overweight people. Compare that to a more recent photo of a large gathering, say at a country music festival or large sporting event. You will see a large number of overweight people.

I wonder why were eating more fast food than 40 years ago?

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/15/20 at 2:10 pm

The restaurant industry would look a lot like a lot of brick and mortar stores are looking right now.

Written By: Howard on 06/15/20 at 2:12 pm

The restaurant industry would look a lot like a lot of brick and mortar stores are looking right now.

And they would resemble a health food shop.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/15/20 at 4:32 pm

I wonder why were eating more fast food than 40 years ago?

Among other things. It boils down to too much food and too little exercise.

Read this:

www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/obesity/

Some pertinent excerpts:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reports that the average American ate almost 20% more calories in the year 2000 than they did in 1983, thanks, in part, to a boom in meat consumption. Today, each American puts away an average of 195lbs of meat every year, compared to just 138lbs in the 1950's. Consumption of added fats also shot up by around two thirds over the same period, and grain consumption rose 45% since 1970.

Research published by the World Health Organization found that a rise in fast food sales correlated to a rise in body mass index, and Americans are notorious for their fast-food consumption ― such food makes up about 11% of the average American diet. Another study demonstrates the full effect added sugars from soda and energy drinks are wreaking havoc on American waistlines. So it is not just how much we eat, but what we eat.

Lack of exercise is also a major culprit in the obesity epidemic. It's been decades since most Americans worked in fields and on factory floors, a far greater majority of us are sitting throughout our workday. This means less exercise each day. According to one study, only 20% of today's jobs require at least moderate physical activity, as opposed to 50% of jobs in 1960. Other research suggests Americans burn 120 to 140 fewer calories a day than they did 50 years ago. Add this to the higher amount of calories we are packing in, and we get a perfect recipe for weight gain.

But lethargy goes well beyond the workplace. It is also how we get to work and what we do after. Americans walk less than people in any other industrialized country, preferring to sit in cars to get around. And at the end of the day, 80% of Americans don't get enough exercise, according to the CDC.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/20 at 6:58 am

Among other things. It boils down to too much food and too little exercise.

Read this:

www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/obesity/

Some pertinent excerpts:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reports that the average American ate almost 20% more calories in the year 2000 than they did in 1983, thanks, in part, to a boom in meat consumption. Today, each American puts away an average of 195lbs of meat every year, compared to just 138lbs in the 1950's. Consumption of added fats also shot up by around two thirds over the same period, and grain consumption rose 45% since 1970.

Research published by the World Health Organization found that a rise in fast food sales correlated to a rise in body mass index, and Americans are notorious for their fast-food consumption ― such food makes up about 11% of the average American diet. Another study demonstrates the full effect added sugars from soda and energy drinks are wreaking havoc on American waistlines. So it is not just how much we eat, but what we eat.

Lack of exercise is also a major culprit in the obesity epidemic. It's been decades since most Americans worked in fields and on factory floors, a far greater majority of us are sitting throughout our workday. This means less exercise each day. According to one study, only 20% of today's jobs require at least moderate physical activity, as opposed to 50% of jobs in 1960. Other research suggests Americans burn 120 to 140 fewer calories a day than they did 50 years ago. Add this to the higher amount of calories we are packing in, and we get a perfect recipe for weight gain.

But lethargy goes well beyond the workplace. It is also how we get to work and what we do after. Americans walk less than people in any other industrialized country, preferring to sit in cars to get around. And at the end of the day, 80% of Americans don't get enough exercise, according to the CDC.

I'd rather be skinny than be obese, all my life from the times that I always weighed myself I've been less than 200 pounds between 150-170 pounds or less than that and I've learned to burn it off right after.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/16/20 at 7:31 am

I'd rather be skinny than be obese, all my life from the times that I always weighed myself I've been less than 200 pounds between 150-170 pounds or less than that and I've learned to burn it off right after.

Me too. I’m 150 and feel freaking obese even though I can still wear my high school clothes. All through high school and until my kid was born I was 120 and felt better. I did get to 125 the winter after my last surgery. Lately I’ve been thinking about getting a used weight machine for the basement and maybe I could look a little better. But I’m most attracted to gals around 2x my weight, go figure.

I do eat a lot of junk food because it’s easiest for my body to handle. From stores not restaurants. Rarely do I go for fast food or restaurants, it’s too expensive and out of my way. But I don’t eat a lot of food in general. Go to a restaurant and I’m best with just a little side dish or two. A McDonald’s meal I can never eat in one sitting. Sometimes my body doesn’t want food for days and eating anything makes me feel yucky. I can go days or even a week without eating and still not be lightheaded or even hungry. I just eat because I know I’m supposed to.

Written By: karen on 06/16/20 at 8:11 am

Further to VotS post, two things I noticed when we lived in the States is the surprising range of food that had sugar (corn syrup, etc) in them that you wouldn’t find added in other countries. For example,  I started making my own coleslaw because what ever brand I bought, including from the deli, it would taste revoltingly sweet.

Another thing is car use. There were large neighbourhoods where you had to drive places because there were no sidewalks to walk on. We were regarded as strange because we would park downtown and walk between the various shopping centres. I would see people drive to park in front of each shop in the same strip mall.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/16/20 at 8:14 am

Me too. I’m 150 and feel freaking obese even though I can still wear my high school clothes. All through high school and until my kid was born I was 120 and felt better. I did get to 125 the winter after my last surgery. Lately I’ve been thinking about getting a used weight machine for the basement and maybe I could look a little better. But I’m most attracted to gals around 2x my weight, go figure.

You weighed 120 in high school? Isn't that  little low for a male? Might I ask how tall you are? You must have been like one of those impossibly skinny kids with a size 26 waist I used to see in local heavy metal bands. They were always so skinny in those bands.

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/16/20 at 8:31 am

Further to VotS post, two things I noticed when we lived in the States is the surprising range of food that had sugar (corn syrup, etc) in them that you wouldn’t find added in other countries. For example,  I started making my own coleslaw because what ever brand I bought, including from the deli, it would taste revoltingly sweet.

Another thing is car use. There were large neighbourhoods where you had to drive places because there were no sidewalks to walk on. We were regarded as strange because we would park downtown and walk between the various shopping centres. I would see people drive to park in front of each shop in the same strip mall.

Yeah, American food is sickeningly sweet to most Brits.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/16/20 at 9:17 am

You weighed 120 in high school? Isn't that  little low for a male? Might I ask how tall you are? You must have been like one of those impossibly skinny kids with a size 26 waist I used to see in local heavy metal bands. They were always so skinny in those bands.

Yes and at least when I was feeling good I ate like a horse. 5’8” tall. 29 waist. Haha yes I did play in bands back then in the 90s and had tons of energy. I weighed that until I was 24 and my kid was in the oven, then somehow I put on the weight instead of the wife. I shot up to 150. I felt huge and lethargic.

As time went on I ballooned out to a 32 waist. But after my 2018 intestinal surgery I dropped back to the 29 waist. I had bought a bunch of 32 pants but they feel huge and fall off even with a belt.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/16/20 at 9:30 am

Yes and at least when I was feeling good I ate like a horse. 5’8” tall. 29 waist. Haha yes I did play in bands back then in the 90s and had tons of energy. I weighed that until I was 24 and my kid was in the oven, then somehow I put on the weight instead of the wife. I shot up to 150. I felt huge and lethargic.

As time went on I ballooned out to a 32 waist. But after my 2018 intestinal surgery I dropped back to the 29 waist. I had bought a bunch of 32 pants but they feel huge and fall off even with a belt.

Mot people would not say a 32 waste is "ballooning". Many people would kill to be that size.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/16/20 at 1:31 pm

I do eat a lot of junk food because it’s easiest for my body to handle. From stores not restaurants. Rarely do I go for fast food or restaurants, it’s too expensive and out of my way. But I don’t eat a lot of food in general. Go to a restaurant and I’m best with just a little side dish or two. A McDonald’s meal I can never eat in one sitting. Sometimes my body doesn’t want food for days and eating anything makes me feel yucky. I can go days or even a week without eating and still not be lightheaded or even hungry. I just eat because I know I’m supposed to.

And I think just as soon as I got older closing in on 50 years of age I tend to eat a lot of junk food myself, sometimes with going to Burger King in the morning before work I'd buy hash browns and a cuppa coffee then I'd make my own lunch then maybe dinner I'd buy those spicy nuggets and a taco.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/20 at 1:33 pm

I was in my 120's and 130's in High School and today I'm 6ft tall and I weigh between 165-170 lbs.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/20 at 1:35 pm

Today I'm a 40 waist and I need to buy pants that are 38/40 or a 40/30, Yes I'm a big guy.  ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/16/20 at 2:31 pm

Mot people would not say a 32 waste is "ballooning". Many people would kill to be that size.  ;D

My dad was 5’6” or 5’7” and skinny like I was in high school. Then when I was in my teens he got up to 140 with a 32 inch waist. My mom constantly called him fat and told him to lose weight and even bought him a weight bench which he never used. Eventually she left him for someone more fit. So that’s where my perception comes from. She was a beanpole and to this day doesn’t look like she has gained a pound.

When I got bigger my face showed it too and my dad said it looked like my face was swelled and I got beat up. That made me go on a crash diet. He often criticizes me for being attracted to curvy partners. Yeah lots of fat shaming where I grew up. Well it stops with me. My kid’s mom is a shamer too but I taught my kid to be accepting of all.

But yeah we were talking about McDonalds. To me the healthiness isn’t much of a factor. I can eat reasonably or totally make myself sick with huge portions of junk just the same at a fast food joint as I can at the grocery store. Actually at the store I can get more junk for my money so in a way that could be unhealthier.

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/16/20 at 2:56 pm

My dad was 5’6” or 5’7” and skinny like I was in high school. Then when I was in my teens he got up to 140 with a 32 inch waist. My mom constantly called him fat and told him to lose weight and even bought him a weight bench which he never used. Eventually she left him for someone more fit. So that’s where my perception comes from. She was a beanpole and to this day doesn’t look like she has gained a pound.

When I got bigger my face showed it too and my dad said it looked like my face was swelled and I got beat up. That made me go on a crash diet. He often criticizes me for being attracted to curvy partners. Yeah lots of fat shaming where I grew up. Well it stops with me. My kid’s mom is a shamer too but I taught my kid to be accepting of all.

But yeah we were talking about McDonalds. To me the healthiness isn’t much of a factor. I can eat reasonably or totally make myself sick with huge portions of junk just the same at a fast food joint as I can at the grocery store. Actually at the store I can get more junk for my money so in a way that could be unhealthier.

Depends on your height really. A 32” waist at 5’6 might be a bit overweight.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/20 at 7:45 am

I'm a 40" waist and I'm 6ft tall.

Written By: 2001 on 06/17/20 at 8:45 am

The rule is to stay under half your height. So someone who is 5'6" (66 inches) tall should have a waist under 33 inches. This works for centimetres too. This is a better measurement for overweight/obesity than using your weight, if you have a lot of muscle mass.

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/17/20 at 1:36 pm

The rule is to stay under half your height. So someone who is 5'6" (66 inches) tall should have a waist under 33 inches. This works for centimetres too. This is a better measurement for overweight/obesity than using your weight, if you have a lot of muscle mass.

I’m 5’11 and have a 30” waist - I got up to a 34” waist before but thought I looked a bit too chubby. I never worked out back then so I had virtually no muscle definition.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/20 at 2:50 pm

I'm a 38-40" waist and I'm 6ft tall.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/20 at 2:54 pm

I’m 5’11 and have a 30” waist - I got up to a 34” waist before but thought I looked a bit too chubby. I never worked out back then so I had virtually no muscle definition.

I used to be skinny, I was between 125-140lbs and then I gained some weight probably right after High School but I've been able to weigh myself lately and I've never been over 200lbs which is a good thing. I eat a big breakfast, a somewhat light lunch then a big dinner at our around 6pm.

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/20 at 12:41 am

I think I'm 32-33" right now at 5'8" and it does look a bit chubby, at least it's the chubbiest I've ever been. I was 29-30" before I started weight lifting and I ate too much calories on a bulk phase. The worst part is since this pandemic started, I've lost 7 pounds, but it's almost all in muscle. My stomach hasn't budged.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 06/18/20 at 7:20 am

I think I'm 32-33" right now at 5'8" and it does look a bit chubby, at least it's the chubbiest I've ever been. I was 29-30" before I started weight lifting and I ate too much calories on a bulk phase. The worst part is since this pandemic started, I've lost 7 pounds, but it's almost all in muscle. My stomach hasn't budged.  :-[

Hey man, I'm a 40" waist and I'm 6ft tall.

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/20 at 11:20 am

Hey man, I'm a 40" waist and I'm 6ft tall.

;D :-gay standards. You don't gotta worry.

Written By: Howard on 06/18/20 at 2:04 pm

;D :-gay standards. You don't gotta worry.

OK, no problem.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/19/20 at 8:16 am

I just made a long trip to the Midwest. The McDonalds drive-thrus were always packed.

So I’d say McDonalds is still popular.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/20 at 3:07 pm

I just made a long trip to the Midwest. The McDonalds drive-thrus were always packed.

What did you order LB?

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/19/20 at 6:37 pm

McDonald’s may be the only one left eventually. All of our Burger Kings are closing because the one who owns all the franchises doesn’t want to do the renovations required now the 20 year lease is up. Arby’s has cut their hours down to nothing and is now only open while I’m at work. Wendy’s is supposedly filing for bankruptcy.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/20/20 at 5:34 am

What did you order LB?

Cheeseburger, small fries, small chocolate shake.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/20 at 5:39 am

McDonald’s stock price recently took a big jump, bucking the expectation for restaurants in today’s COVID environment.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pfizer-mcdonalds-share-gains-contribute-to-dows-125-point-jump-2020-07-22

Popular, yes.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/20 at 7:46 am

This Is What a McDonald's Menu Looked Like in the 1980s

McRib.
    Chicken McNuggets.
    McDLT.
    Salads.
    McPizza.
    McSpaghetti.

Happy meals.
    Quarter pounder.

Who in the hell would order spaghetti and pizza from a McDonalds?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/20 at 11:09 am

Oh yes, we were in a Drive-Thu yesterday, my first Big Mac in 5 months!

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/26/20 at 2:53 pm

McRib.
    Chicken McNuggets.
    McDLT.
    Salads.
    McPizza.
    McSpaghetti.

Happy meals.
    Quarter pounder.

I’d order a McSpaghetti with McMeatballs.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/26/20 at 2:55 pm

McRib.
    Chicken McNuggets.
    McDLT.
    Salads.
    McPizza.
    McSpaghetti.

Happy meals.
    Quarter pounder.

Also don’t forget their awesome mascot, Mac Tonight.  8)

0c4_b5PHWg8

Written By: nally on 07/26/20 at 3:04 pm

I remember that advertising campaign c. 1987; that jingle was heavily based on the Bobby Darin classic "Mack The Knife". :D

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/26/20 at 8:59 pm

0c4_b5PHWg8

I remember one of my elementary school teachers wearing that Mac tonight moon on his head for a Halloween costume.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/20 at 2:48 pm

I’d order a McSpaghetti with McMeatballs.  :P

How was it?

Written By: Slim95 on 07/27/20 at 6:38 pm

Yes it's popular, extremely popular because of Mcafe especially. There is no Chic-Fil-A here in Canada. I heard it's popular down in the states though. Up here, McDonalds and Tim Hortons are the popular go-to fast food restaurants. But McDonalds is actually becoming more popular up here than Tim Hortons because the quality of the coffee is a lot better than Tims and for the same price, it's a no brainer. I think Tim Hortons went downhill when Burger King bought them. They really need to change their coffee and make it taste better. I always go to McDonalds for the coffee, it has the best fast food coffee for sure.

Oh but their new lil' donuts suck!  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/20 at 5:05 am

How was it?
In the Philipines, there is a fast food restaurant that serves spaghetti too, but the Philippine tradition is to serve with a sweetener. I cannot remember which restaurant, Jollibee, Wendy's, or Chowking.

Written By: Howard on 07/28/20 at 7:36 am

Yes it's popular, extremely popular because of Mcafe especially. There is no Chic-Fil-A here in Canada. I heard it's popular down in the states though. Up here, McDonalds and Tim Hortons are the popular go-to fast food restaurants. But McDonalds is actually becoming more popular up here than Tim Hortons because the quality of the coffee is a lot better than Tims and for the same price, it's a no brainer. I think Tim Hortons went downhill when Burger King bought them. They really need to change their coffee and make it taste better. I always go to McDonalds for the coffee, it has the best fast food coffee for sure.

Oh but their new lil' donuts suck!  8-P

I didn't know McDonald's sell donuts?  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/20 at 5:33 am

I didn't know McDonald's sell donuts?  :o

McJelly McDonuts?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/20 at 5:48 am

Mickey D is closing 200 of its ubiquitous restaurants.  :\'(

https://triblive.com/business/mcdonalds-to-close-200-u-s-locations/

I guess McDonald’s is not popular everywhere.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 07/29/20 at 3:44 pm

McJelly McDonuts?

They probably taste like s h i t!  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/20 at 5:38 pm

They probably taste like s h i t!  :P

How do you know what s h i t tastes like? ???

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/29/20 at 9:50 pm

Maybe like worn jelly shoes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/20 at 1:29 am

Maybe like worn jelly shoes.
Is there a difference?

Written By: Howard on 07/30/20 at 7:58 am

Knowing the way McDonald's cooks things they probably taste awful, never said I've tasted them,  just giving my assumption.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/20 at 6:29 am

CNN reports that Wendy’s is taking a big wet bite out of McDonald’s breakfast action. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/business/wendys-breakfast-sales/index.html

I think it is time for McD’s to counter with a McRib breakfast offering.

Written By: Howard on 08/09/20 at 2:20 pm

CNN reports that Wendy’s is taking a big wet bite out of McDonald’s breakfast action. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/08/business/wendys-breakfast-sales/index.html

I think it is time for McD’s to counter with a McRib breakfast offering.

I wouldn't mind a McRib for breakfast.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/20 at 9:08 am

After the reopening of McDonald's, a relative and I both felt uneasy after having our own Big Macs that were served from different restaurants.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/16/20 at 6:08 am

McDonald’s must be really kicking butt out there.

Famed investor Warren Buffett just sold off all of his holdings in Restaurant Brands International, which owns the Burger King, Tim Horton’s, and Popeyes Chicken eatery chains.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/20 at 6:41 am

After the reopening of McDonald's, a relative and I both felt uneasy after having our own Big Macs that were served from different restaurants.
I am in no rush to go back to McD!

Written By: Howard on 08/16/20 at 7:26 am

I am in no rush to go back to McD!

I head to Burger King.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/20 at 7:36 am

I head to Burger King.
I have made inquires with them and their products are not suitable for my diet.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/18/20 at 4:18 am

I have made inquires with them and their products are not suitable for my diet.

What's a diet?  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X

Written By: Howard on 08/18/20 at 7:20 am

;D

Written By: 80sfan on 08/18/20 at 4:11 pm

McDonald's is ETERNAL!

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/3e/fe/87/3efe870488b9523dd3609ae2a4c96243--dark-side-i-am.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/20/20 at 8:12 am

I will not go into details here.

Written By: Slashpop on 08/22/20 at 4:34 pm

Even though I don’t eat McDonald’s I kind of miss when there were less restaurants and going to McDonalds was a treat and it wasn’t frowned upon.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/20 at 6:18 pm

Even though I don’t eat McDonald’s I kind of miss when there were less restaurants and going to McDonalds was a treat and it wasn’t frowned upon.

Who frowns on Mickey D? ???

Written By: Howard on 08/23/20 at 1:14 pm

Slash, so where do you go to eat fast food? ???

Written By: Slashpop on 08/23/20 at 2:46 pm

Slash, so where do you go to eat fast food? ???

Haven’t really been eating out for a while.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/20 at 4:02 am

Me neither I'm just eating fast food occasionally.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/07/20 at 6:44 pm

Seems there is a controversy as to whether or not McDonalds food will decompose.  :P

https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/mcdonalds-response-to-viral-tiktok-video-is-an-epic-fail-and-a-major-lesson-in-emotional-intelligence.html

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/07/20 at 6:52 pm

Seems there is a controversy as to whether or not McDonalds food will decompose.  :P

https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/mcdonalds-response-to-viral-tiktok-video-is-an-epic-fail-and-a-major-lesson-in-emotional-intelligence.html

If you set fire to a McDonald's shake it smells like burning plastic. The moral is to stay away from McDonald's once and for all.  Your body will thank you.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/20 at 7:16 am

If you set fire to a McDonald's shake it smells like burning plastic. The moral is to stay away from McDonald's once and for all.  Your body will thank you.

Go to Burger King instead.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/08/20 at 8:53 am

Go to Burger King instead.

Way to miss the point.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/20 at 1:24 pm

Way to miss the point.

Why did I miss the point?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/08/20 at 1:27 pm

Why did I miss the point?

Really? The idea is to stay away from all those places. 

Written By: Howard on 09/08/20 at 1:37 pm

Really? The idea is to stay away from all those places.

I don't go to Burger King all the time just once in a while.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/09/20 at 5:26 am

Why would I want to set fire to a milk shake? ???

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/09/20 at 8:36 am

Why would I want to set fire to a milk shake? ???

As an experiment to see if it smells like burning plastic. Something that smells like burning plastic when it is on fire is probably not fit for consumption when it's not on fire.

Written By: Howard on 09/11/20 at 7:55 am

Yesterday, McDonald's launched the new Travis Scott Meal — a $6 meal consisting of Travis's "go-to order" at the fast food restaurant: a quarter pounder with cheese, bacon, and lettuce, medium fries with BBQ sauce, and a Sprite.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/12/20 at 8:30 am

Yesterday, McDonald's launched the new Travis Scott Meal — a $6 meal consisting of Travis's "go-to order" at the fast food restaurant: a quarter pounder with cheese, bacon, and lettuce, medium fries with BBQ sauce, and a Sprite.

I saw that. I wonder if they have a kosher version?

Written By: Howard on 09/13/20 at 7:49 am

I saw that. I wonder if they have a kosher version?

Why would McDonald's have a "kosher version"?  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/13/20 at 12:53 pm

Why would McDonald's have a "kosher version"?  ???

To expand the marketability of the product. Having a sandwich with bacon, beef, and cheese excludes kosher adherents from enjoying the product. Maybe if they used that meat substitute product for the bacon and beef patties they could make it kosher.  And tasty.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/13/20 at 1:31 pm

To expand the marketability of the product. Having a sandwich with bacon, beef, and cheese excludes kosher adherents from enjoying the product. Maybe if they used that meat substitute product for the bacon and beef patties they could make it kosher.  And tasty.  :P

They could also include:
The McKasha & The McGefilte

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/13/20 at 1:50 pm

They could also include:
The McKasha & The McGefilte

I could go for a McGefilte right now.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/14/20 at 3:03 pm

I could go for a McGefilte right now.  :P

That would be a piece of gefilte fish in between 2 buns.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/15/20 at 4:59 pm

That would be a piece of gefilte fish in between 2 buns.

With secret sauce.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/16/20 at 3:56 am

secret sauce wouldn't go on gefilte fish, how about some small slices of herring?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/20 at 7:32 am

So secret is the sauce, are the ingredients known to allergy sufferers?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/19/20 at 7:53 am

So secret is the sauce, are the ingredients known to allergy sufferers?

Secret sauce is usually hours and island dressing or ranch dressing.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/19/20 at 7:54 am

We are approaching October, and you know what that usually means...

McRib will be back!

McD’s will most certainly be popular.  :P

Written By: Howard on 09/20/20 at 5:02 am

We are approaching October, and you know what that usually means...

McRib will be back!

McD’s will most certainly be popular.  :P

sounds delicious but for how much is the McRib this time?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/20/20 at 1:07 pm

sounds delicious but for how much is the McRib this time?

Probably 4 bucks, maybe 5.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/24/20 at 2:57 pm

Yes, very popular, I walk by one the other day and the people were queuing to get in, luckily for me I did not need to enter.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/30/20 at 6:18 pm

McRib is Coming Back!!!

Read all about it here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-mcrib-to-return-nationally-in-2020-sparking-celebration-2020-10

Written By: Howard on 10/31/20 at 3:08 pm

McRib is Coming Back!!!

Read all about it here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-mcrib-to-return-nationally-in-2020-sparking-celebration-2020-10

Is this for a limited time?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/01/20 at 5:31 am

Is this for a limited time?

Yes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 8:24 am

Popular, yes, under the circumstances, take away only.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/09/20 at 5:37 pm

Mickey D has announced that it will be introducing the McPlant, their version of the meatless burger.  8)  :P

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/11/09/mcplant-mcdonalds-plant-based-burger-crispy-chicken-sandwich/6187977002/

This will certainly help their popularity in some circles...

Written By: 2001 on 11/09/20 at 6:27 pm

Mickey D has announced that it will be introducing the McPlant, their version of the meatless burger.  8)  :P

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2020/11/09/mcplant-mcdonalds-plant-based-burger-crispy-chicken-sandwich/6187977002/

This will certainly help their popularity in some circles...

No way it will actually be called McPlant, right?

Written By: Howard on 11/10/20 at 3:10 pm

No way it will actually be called McPlant, right?

Yes that's what it will be called.  ::)

Written By: GeekyAlgorithm on 11/11/20 at 2:37 pm

I like McDonalds, but they got rid of Ronald McDonald to make way for that Minion looking box sometime in the mid 2010s, and I even haven't seen him around in a while.

Foreign countries like Japan still use Ronald, and he's still in the PlayPlaces. But he isn't in the ads anymore.

Written By: Howard on 11/11/20 at 3:26 pm

I like McDonalds, but they got rid of Ronald McDonald to make way for that Minion looking box sometime in the mid 2010s, and I even haven't seen him around in a while.

Foreign countries like Japan still use Ronald, and he's still in the PlayPlaces. But he isn't in the ads anymore.

But he's still a part of American culture.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/20 at 6:42 am

But he's still a part of American culture.
...it's that clown image?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/12/20 at 10:12 am

The only time (other than my birthday dinner), was eating a takeaway from McDonalds.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/26/20 at 8:28 am

The McRib officially returns to the USA McDonalds outlets on December 2nd. Just six days until the awesome sandwich is available across the land.  8)

The anticipation has been agonizing.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/20 at 7:10 am

Is Burger King still as popular as McDonalds?

Written By: wagonman76 on 11/29/20 at 8:43 am

Not here because most of them have been closed down.

Written By: 2001 on 11/29/20 at 9:05 am

Same here. Last time I went it was just me and my friends and two bees having sex on our table/window. It closed not long after.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/20 at 1:31 pm

The Burger King I go to before I start work still does pick-up but no eating in.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/05/20 at 6:07 pm

There’s a BK near my office, but the Frozen Coke machine is always broken.  >:(

Written By: 2001 on 12/05/20 at 6:15 pm

There’s a BK near my office, but the Frozen Coke machine is always broken.  >:(

I heard ice cream machines at fast food places aren't necessarily broken, they just take forever to clean. They only tell people it's broken to avoid commotion.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/24/21 at 5:18 pm

I heard ice cream machines at fast food places aren't necessarily broken, they just take forever to clean. They only tell people it's broken to avoid commotion.

I just read an article about McD’s soft serve ice cream machines, which are perpetually broken.

Apparently the franchisees have to pay $18,000 to buy one, and they are only allowed to have the manufacturer maintain/fix them.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/24/21 at 5:34 pm

I just read an article about McD’s soft serve ice cream machines, which are perpetually broken.

Apparently the franchisees have to pay $18,000 to buy one, and they are only allowed to have the manufacturer maintain/fix them.

If it’s that much of a problem, why even have ice cream items on the menu?

Written By: violet_shy on 04/25/21 at 7:47 pm

If you're really hungry and you aren't home to make yourself a sandwich, then yes it is popular. Lol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/21 at 4:08 am

Popular with delivery men collecting the food to deliver to customers.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/21 at 7:16 am

If you're really hungry and you aren't home to make yourself a sandwich, then yes it is popular. Lol.

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/michelinemaynard/files/2017/12/mcdonalds-value_0-300x248.gif?
You can try their dollar value menu.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/26/21 at 1:13 pm

https://blogs-images.forbes.com/michelinemaynard/files/2017/12/mcdonalds-value_0-300x248.gif?
You can try their dollar value menu.

I'll pass lol. But I really like McDonald's shakes!

Written By: Wink-182 on 04/26/21 at 1:25 pm

McDonald's has been a "only if I'm craving it" type of burger fast food place for me, I'll admit, they've got their breakfast down, no-other fast food place comes near them, in my honest opinion. The fries are pretty banger too, especially when piping hot and fresh out the fryer. Pretty popular, it's a familiar place everyone knows and has their favorite items and it's a quick bite to eat.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/21 at 1:33 pm

I'll pass lol. But I really like McDonald's shakes!

What's your favorite flavor?

Written By: violet_shy on 04/26/21 at 1:39 pm

What's your favorite flavor?

I always order the plain Vanilla shakes. On a hot Summer day! It's the best.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/21 at 2:24 pm

I always order the plain Vanilla shakes. On a hot Summer day! It's the best.

Chocolate is good too.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/26/21 at 8:06 pm

Chocolate is good too.

My favorite is the Shamrock shake. But then they got the competition of the Arby’s mint shake.

But I’m not huge on ice cream. Just once in a great while.

Written By: violet_shy on 04/26/21 at 10:00 pm

The only sandwich from McDonald's I like is the quarter pounder...with their vanilla shake, and salt free fries. Now that's the perfect meal! Yum.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/26/21 at 10:31 pm

The only sandwich from McDonald's I like is the quarter pounder...with their vanilla shake, and salt free fries. Now that's the perfect meal! Yum.

I can’t eat solid stuff like that anymore because it gets stuck, but I really liked the McDouble or mcchicken plain with cheese. Or the sausage McMuffin with egg. Now I can do the fries or hash browns and I like those. It’s rare I go because there is no fast food from home to work. Haven’t been to fast food since last summer.

Written By: Howard on 04/27/21 at 7:51 am

My favorite is the Shamrock shake. But then they got the competition of the Arby’s mint shake.

But I’m not huge on ice cream. Just once in a great while.

I never had The Shamrock Shake, Does it taste like pistachio?

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/27/21 at 11:26 am

I never had The Shamrock Shake, Does it taste like pistachio?

Tastes like mint to me. Been awhile since I had one though.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/27/21 at 7:10 pm

I can’t eat solid stuff like that anymore because it gets stuck,

That sux. I was having that problem 6 months ago. Then it went away. Docs never found anything, even after jamming a camera down my throat.

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/27/21 at 9:14 pm

That sux. I was having that problem 6 months ago. Then it went away. Docs never found anything, even after jamming a camera down my throat.

One time the camera itself wouldn’t even fit. They tried fixing it last year but it failed because the scar tissue is too tough. The only way to fix it right is to do an esophagectomy, which in my case has a 50% chance of failure, leaving me on a feeding tube the rest of my life. So I’d rather just nibble on dry junk food, it keeps me going and I can otherwise live normally.

I do miss the flavor of McDonald’s burgers. Back in the 90s a buddy told me they were made of part beef and part edible plastic. Might account for the unique flavor but I don’t mind if it’s true as plastic is nontoxic.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/27/21 at 9:24 pm

I do miss the flavor of McDonald’s burgers. Back in the 90s a buddy told me they were made of part beef and part edible plastic. Might account for the unique flavor but I don’t mind if it’s true as plastic is nontoxic.

There is an urban legend that has gone around for years that if you set a McDonald's shake on fire it smells like burning plastic. I never tried it though.

Written By: Howard on 04/28/21 at 7:22 am

Did you eat anything that was hard?

Written By: Howard on 05/02/21 at 7:25 am

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/02/21 at 1:13 pm

Not even close. McDonald’s is still king of the burger joints.  8)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/02/21 at 3:33 pm

There is an urban legend that has gone around for years that if you set a McDonald's shake on fire it smells like burning plastic. I never tried it though.

Do it...for SCIENCE!!!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/03/21 at 7:33 am

Not even close. McDonald’s is still king of the burger joints.  8)

How many times do you eat McDonald's?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/04/21 at 4:58 am

How many times do you eat McDonald's?

About 1x per week. There’s one right down the road from where I work.

Written By: Howard on 05/04/21 at 7:21 am

About 1x per week. There’s one right down the road from where I work.

What do you order?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/04/21 at 5:29 pm

What do you order?

Quarter Pounder with Cheese
Small fries
Medium Diet Coke

(If I were in France, I’d order the Royale with Cheese).

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/21 at 4:51 am

Still popular with my family bubble

Written By: Howard on 05/05/21 at 7:51 am

Small fries
Medium Diet Coke

Is that the same thing as a Quarter Pounder?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/21 at 3:43 pm

Is that the same thing as a Quarter Pounder?

Yes. But because France is on the metric system, “quarter pounder” would not sound so catchy.

Written By: karen on 05/05/21 at 4:03 pm

Small fries
Medium Diet Coke

I was trying to think who I had heard talking about the quarter pounder being called a royale  in France at the weekend.

Then I remembered which film I had watched.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/21 at 5:45 pm

I was trying to think who I had heard talking about the quarter pounder being called a royale  in France at the weekend.

Then I remembered which film I had watched.

I was hoping somebody would catch that!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/21 at 6:11 pm

Looks like a Mickey D in Jersey is selling a McFeces sandwich 8-P.  Limited time only!

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/new-jersey-woman-mcdonalds-feces-lawsuit

“I’ll have a McFeces sandwich to go. With extra jenkum.”  ;D ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/05/21 at 8:25 pm

Looks like a Mickey D in Jersey is selling a McFeces sandwich 8-P.  Limited time only!

Is that the same thing as a Quarter Pounder?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/06/21 at 7:42 am

And a cup of urine to drink. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/09/21 at 1:07 pm

Does anyone order breakfast at McDonald's?

Written By: karen on 05/09/21 at 1:12 pm

Yes they do, judging by the queues at our local drive thru

Written By: Howard on 05/09/21 at 1:26 pm

Yes they do, judging by the queues at our local drive thru

I meant, what breakfasts do your order?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/21 at 2:37 pm

I meant, what breakfasts do your order?
For us, it depends on how we feel in the morning.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/09/21 at 4:00 pm

Occasionally. Egg McMuffin and a small OJ. 😋

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/21 at 6:37 am

Before the pandemic started I found McDonald's handy for a cup of tea.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/21 at 7:47 am

Occasionally. Egg McMuffin and a small OJ. 😋

I used to eat a lot of McDonald's too myself, I felt the round egg felt kind of rubbery but other than that it was quite delicious along with a cuppa coffee.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/21 at 3:22 pm

I used to eat a lot of McDonald's too myself, I felt the round egg felt kind of rubbery but other than that it was quite delicious along with a cuppa coffee.

All I want is a meal somewhere
Far away from people who stare
With one enormous chair
Oh, the eggs are rubbery?

Lots of coffee for me to drink
Lots on the menu to think
warm cup, warm plate, warm food
But still the eggs are rubbery?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/10/21 at 7:12 pm

Before the pandemic started I found McDonald's handy for a cup of tea.

Can’t say I ever ordered tea at McD’s.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/21 at 7:20 am

Have you had the coffee there?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/21 at 7:25 am

Other drinks are available too.

Written By: Howard on 05/11/21 at 1:36 pm

Other drinks are available too.

I do like the refillable fountain drinks you can do yourself.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/11/21 at 2:03 pm

I do like the refillable fountain drinks you can do yourself.
We usually have those in restaurants, not fast food chains.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/11/21 at 5:50 pm

I can’t drink coffee. Makes my hands swell up.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/21 at 9:38 am

Like you, I should not drink coffee, so it has to be tea for me.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/12/21 at 9:48 am

Coffee makes me feel sleepy. I don't know why.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/21 at 9:49 am

With the caffeine, it should be the reverse.

Written By: violet_shy on 05/12/21 at 9:51 am

With the caffeine, it should be the reverse.

Yes true. But I think too much caffeine makes me crash. And I get drowsy.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/12/21 at 9:54 am

For me it's strictly decaf.  People at my office used to ask my why I drink decaf, what's the point.  My answer: "I like it".

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/21 at 10:04 am

For me it's strictly decaf.  People at my office used to ask my why I drink decaf, what's the point.  My answer: "I like it".

I find coffee to be bitter to taste, and no way I am putting sugar into it.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/21 at 2:13 pm

Coffee makes me jittery sometimes.

Written By: Howard on 05/12/21 at 2:14 pm

I like decaf sometimes, What's your favorite flavor?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/21 at 2:18 pm

I find coffee to be bitter to taste, and no way I am putting sugar into it.

Coffee makes me jittery sometimes.

I tend to avoid coffee,
For it's taste I find it bitter
Another reason too, for it,
Can make some people jitter.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/21 at 7:38 am

I tend to avoid coffee,
For it's taste I find it bitter
Another reason too, for it,
Can make some people jitter.

So it would be tea instead.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/21 at 9:25 am

So it would be tea instead.
When seeking liquid refreshment,
The best drink for me,
Dashing to the kettle,
And make a cup of tea 🍵

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/14/21 at 5:04 am

McDonalds in Guatemala is now offering a McRib Egg McMuffin.

https://mcriblocator.com/blog/2021/05/11/2021-mcrib-return-in-guatemala/

Pure genius.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/21 at 5:47 am

Guatemala is a bit too far,
For a McMuffin and a cup of cha.
So what would be a special treat,
Go to the McDonald's down your street.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/21 at 7:52 am

McDonalds in Guatemala is now offering a McRib Egg McMuffin.

https://mcriblocator.com/blog/2021/05/11/2021-mcrib-return-in-guatemala/

Pure genius.  8)

Now that sounds delicious.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/21 at 1:36 pm

A cup of coffee and a McMuffin,
Are your best wishes.
Served with McRib and egg,

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/14/21 at 3:02 pm

However, not kosher!

Maybe McD can come up with a Kosher McRib.

Written By: Howard on 05/15/21 at 7:22 am

However, not kosher!

Maybe McD can come up with a Kosher McRib.

How would you prepare that? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/15/21 at 8:06 am

How would you prepare that? ???

I imagine you’d have to do that with one of the plant-based “meat” products. That would take care of the problem  that pork is not kosher. Also since it’s not really “meat” then there’s no problem slapping a slice of cheese on top of it in a McRib Egg McMuffin. 😋

Written By: Howard on 05/15/21 at 2:08 pm

I imagine you’d have to do that with one of the plant-based “meat” products. That would take care of the problem  that pork is not kosher. Also since it’s not really “meat” then there’s no problem slapping a slice of cheese on top of it in a McRib Egg McMuffin. 😋

You know LB, that sounds really good.

Written By: amber_sky on 05/15/21 at 2:34 pm

McDonald's or Wendy's for me. But I actually prefer McDonald's shakes to Wendy's.

Written By: Howard on 05/15/21 at 2:36 pm

McDonald's or Wendy's for me. But I actually prefer McDonald's shakes to Wendy's.

Do you have a favorite flavor?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/28/21 at 5:47 am

I wish that McDonalds would bring back their Angus Third Pounder premium sandwich offering. The stores would promote the delicious sandwich with a sign out front saying ‘Try our Angus Third Pounder”.  8)

It was hilarious when vandals would remove the “g” and the “third” letters from the sign.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/28/21 at 7:09 am

I wish that McDonalds would bring back their Angus Third Pounder premium sandwich offering. The stores would promote the delicious sandwich with a sign out front saying ‘Try our Angus Third Pounder”.  8)

It was hilarious when vandals would remove the “g” and the “third” letters from the sign.  ;D

OK, I get it.  ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/28/21 at 8:10 am

New meaning of rump roast.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/28/21 at 3:55 pm

New meaning of rump roast.

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/29/21 at 7:07 am

McLobster.
    McSalad Shakers.
    McDLT.
    Chicken Selects.
    Eggs Benedict McMuffin.
    The McJordan.
    Fruit and Walnut Salad.
    Mighty Wings.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/29/21 at 5:18 pm

McLobster.
    McSalad Shakers.
    McDLT.
    Chicken Selects.
    Eggs Benedict McMuffin.
    The McJordan.
    Fruit and Walnut Salad.
    Mighty Wings.

The McDLT was rather tasty. I’d like to see it brought back.  :P

Written By: Howard on 05/30/21 at 6:56 am

The McDLT was rather tasty. I’d like to see it brought back.  :P

Was that the burger with the hot side hot and the cool side cool?  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/21 at 7:35 am

Was that the burger with the hot side hot and the cool side cool?  ???

Yes. They served it up in a two-compartment foam box.  😋

Written By: Howard on 05/30/21 at 2:10 pm

Yes. They served it up in a two-compartment foam box.  😋

I thought it was delicious. There was another product I wish they'd bring back, It was Chinese and it had I think it had Teriyaki sauce with chopsticks where you can pick up the nuggets and dip them into, you know what I'm talking about?  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/30/21 at 3:10 pm

I thought it was delicious. There was another product I wish they'd bring back, It was Chinese and it had I think it had Teriyaki sauce with chopsticks where you can pick up the nuggets and dip them into, you know what I'm talking about?  ???

Can’t say that I do. McTeriyaki, perhaps? ???

Written By: Howard on 05/31/21 at 7:21 am

I'm not sure, The sauces came in different flavors and it also came with chopsticks on the side too. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/21 at 7:44 am

Speaking of Teriyaki, I recall once we were in a Japanese chain restaurant, not in the UK. Because of dietary reasons we asked a waitress what are the ingredients of Teriyaki Sauce, she goes and asks the chef in the kitchen, and comes back saying, he does not know, it just comes in a bottle. So we walked straight out!

Written By: Howard on 05/31/21 at 2:41 pm

Speaking of Teriyaki, I recall once we were in a Japanese chain restaurant, not in the UK. Because of dietary reasons we asked a waitress what are the ingredients of Teriyaki Sauce, she goes and asks the chef in the kitchen, and comes back saying, he does not know, it just comes in a bottle. So we walked straight out!

Why didn't he know? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/21 at 2:42 pm

Why didn't he know? ???
Why I do not know, we did not stay long to find out.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/21 at 5:53 pm

Apparently McDonald’s is not popular with some people.

Some lady attacked a Mickey D counter worker, for refusing to mix flavors in her slushie.  But then got beat down by one of the workers.    :o

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/crime/woman-arrested-after-attacking-ravenna-mcdonalds-employees-unable-mix-her-own-slushie/95-cb7479f7-214f-4fd6-aba5-8ce786f5aa55

Another article recounts…

“ With a cup in hand, Cleveland proceeded to walk to the restaurant’s soft drink machine, where she partially made a beverage for herself before heading back behind counter in hopes of reaching the slushie machine, the clip shows.

But the devoted employee wasn’t having it, cutting off Cleveland and taking her to the floor, where she repeatedly pummeled the do-it-yourself patron in the face while saying, “Don’t f–king hit me, biatch!””
  ;D

Written By: Howard on 06/17/21 at 4:33 am

Apparently McDonald’s is not popular with some people.

Some lady attacked a Mickey D counter worker, for refusing to mix flavors in her slushie.  But then got beat down by one of the workers.    :o

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/crime/woman-arrested-after-attacking-ravenna-mcdonalds-employees-unable-mix-her-own-slushie/95-cb7479f7-214f-4fd6-aba5-8ce786f5aa55

Another article recounts…

“ With a cup in hand, Cleveland proceeded to walk to the restaurant’s soft drink machine, where she partially made a beverage for herself before heading back behind counter in hopes of reaching the slushie machine, the clip shows.

But the devoted employee wasn’t having it, cutting off Cleveland and taking her to the floor, where she repeatedly pummeled the do-it-yourself patron in the face while saying, “Don’t f–king hit me, boss!””
  ;D

Just drink it, no need to mix the slushie.  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/17/21 at 6:11 pm

Just drink it, no need to mix the slushie.  ::)

She got a butt-whipping to go with her slushie.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/22/21 at 6:06 pm

Major news outlets are reporting that Mickey D will be starting a customer loyalty program in July.  :)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonalds-launch-loyalty-program-across-130227009.html

I think this will DEFINITELY MAKE McDonald’s more popular, as people try to rack up as many loyalty points as possible.

It would be so cool to get a free McRib as a loyalty award.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/09/21 at 5:21 am

There’s at least one poll that would say that McD’s is not so popular.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/07/06/chick-fil-voted-top-fast-food-place-mcdonalds-ranked-last/7878731002/

”Despite being the best-rated fast-food joint, Chick-fil-a dropped from its score of 84 in 2020. Here are the top five rankings:

Chick-fil-A: 83
  Domino’s: 80
  KFC: 79
  Starbucks: 79
  Five Guys: 78

As for worst-rated fast-food chains, McDonald's claimed that lowest spot with a score of 70. Jack in the Box, Popeyes, Sonic and Wendy's scored 73. The average score of limited-service restaurants was 78. Subway had the biggest drop in this year's rankings, from 79 to 75. “

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/09/21 at 5:48 am

There’s at least one poll that would say that McD’s is not so popular.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/07/06/chick-fil-voted-top-fast-food-place-mcdonalds-ranked-last/7878731002/

”Despite being the best-rated fast-food joint, Chick-fil-a dropped from its score of 84 in 2020. Here are the top five rankings:

Chick-fil-A: 83
  Domino’s: 80
  KFC: 79
  Starbucks: 79
  Five Guys: 78

As for worst-rated fast-food chains, McDonald's claimed that lowest spot with a score of 70. Jack in the Box, Popeyes, Sonic and Wendy's scored 73. The average score of limited-service restaurants was 78. Subway had the biggest drop in this year's rankings, from 79 to 75. “

In my town all we have is a McDonald’s and Subway. Used to have Little Caesers, Taco Bell, KFC, BK. So McDonald’s is definitely popular.

In the next town it’s popular too. KFC and Starbucks are the only competitors from the list. They closed and tore down the Dominos like almost 20 years ago. So I’ve never been to one.

I haven’t been to most of these. Next town has a Wendy’s and nothing wrong with it. I was at a Sonic back in 2017, in the Nebraska panhandle. The food itself was fine but the service and even the quality of the building was horrid.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/09/21 at 6:04 pm

In my town all we have is a McDonald’s and Subway. Used to have Little Caesers, Taco Bell, KFC, BK. So McDonald’s is definitely popular.

In the next town it’s popular too. KFC and Starbucks are the only competitors from the list. They closed and tore down the Dominos like almost 20 years ago. So I’ve never been to one.

I haven’t been to most of these. Next town has a Wendy’s and nothing wrong with it. I was at a Sonic back in 2017, in the Nebraska panhandle. The food itself was fine but the service and even the quality of the building was horrid.

Chick Fil A is pretty good.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/09/21 at 8:01 pm

I was at a Sonic back in 2017, in the Nebraska panhandle. The food itself was fine but the service and even the quality of the building was horrid.

You should have had a Runza while you were in Nebraska.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/10/21 at 4:39 am

Chick Fil A is pretty good.

Do they have good burgers?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/11/21 at 3:29 pm

Do they have good burgers?

I don't know if they serve burgers or not.  I always get a chicken sandwich and a bowl of chicken soup.  And a lemonade.  :P

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/11/21 at 3:42 pm

You should have had a Runza while you were in Nebraska.  ;D

Never heard of a runza. Looked it up and it’s very similar to a pasty. The signature food of upper Michigan.

It was in Sidney. The Cabelas headquarters could be seen down the road. We were just passing thru and on a time crunch, broke and extremely sleep deprived as well. 3 adult sized girls in the backseat of a Nissan Versa for 4400 miles. That trip pretty much was the kick in the bucket for me and my housemate.

Subject: Re: Is Booger King Still Popular?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/13/21 at 12:43 am

So this happened in Lincoln this past weekend.

https://preview.redd.it/phrd2fpkkpa71.jpg?auto=webp&s=240f8bc37f4aa3fff65aeecad8ac0c2f75f63477

Good for them. This is blowing up all over the Internet and has even made the national news. I hope this inspires BK workers all over the country to quit their jobs and send that God-awful company into a death spiral.

Written By: Howard on 07/13/21 at 4:42 am

So this happened in Lincoln this past weekend.

https://preview.redd.it/phrd2fpkkpa71.jpg?auto=webp&s=240f8bc37f4aa3fff65aeecad8ac0c2f75f63477

Good for them. This is blowing up all over the Internet and has even made the national news. I hope this inspires BK workers all over the country to quit their jobs and send that God-awful company into a death spiral.

Was this for real or just a joke?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/13/21 at 11:36 am

Was this for real or just a joke?

It's 100% for real.

https://www.klkntv.com/we-all-quit-local-burger-king-sign-goes-viral/

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/13/21 at 1:36 pm

It's 100% for real.

https://www.klkntv.com/we-all-quit-local-burger-king-sign-goes-viral/

Which is why people won’t work even for the much higher wages places are offering. Nobody wants to work for slumlord management at any price. Maybe customers will take notice and take their business elsewhere. Let them close down.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/13/21 at 2:39 pm

Which is why people won’t work even for the much higher wages places are offering. Nobody wants to work for slumlord management at any price. Maybe customers will take notice and take their business elsewhere. Let them close down.

Except that this BK was paying its staff $10/hr and the store managers $12/hr.

I might go to Burger King once every 2 or 3 years, and that's only because either I'm on a road trip and there are no other options close by, or I had just forgotten how crappy it is, and I always end up being mad at myself for going there. 

I liked Whoppers back in the day, but the last few times I ordered one at BK it was just a bunch of hot slop on a soggy bun. On the other hand, it seems as though McDonald's has made great leaps forward in their quality control, and although I don't eat much fast food anymore I have no qualms about going to Mickey D's. The last few times I went to McDonald's I was impressed at how well made and tasty the Big Macs and Quarter Pounders have become.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/13/21 at 8:25 pm

Except that this BK was paying its staff $10/hr and the store managers $12/hr.

I might go to Burger King once every 2 or 3 years, and that's only because either I'm on a road trip and there are no other options close by, or I had just forgotten how crappy it is, and I always end up being mad at myself for going there. 

I liked Whoppers back in the day, but the last few times I ordered one at BK it was just a bunch of hot slop on a soggy bun. On the other hand, it seems as though McDonald's has made great leaps forward in their quality control, and although I don't eat much fast food anymore I have no qualms about going to Mickey D's. The last few times I went to McDonald's I was impressed at how well made and tasty the Big Macs and Quarter Pounders have become.

Good point, didn’t look into it that close. Lots of places here starting at $14-$18, but go about 30 miles and it’s $10.50. Food wise, I’ve never had a problem with either one.

Most of the BKs here closed anyway. One guy owns them all and didn’t want to do the required renovations to renew the lease. This was over a year ago, well before lumber prices went crazy.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/13/21 at 8:47 pm

Good point, didn’t look into it that close. Lots of places here starting at $14-$18, but go about 30 miles and it’s $10.50. Food wise, I’ve never had a problem with either one.

Most of the BKs here closed anyway. One guy owns them all and didn’t want to do the required renovations to renew the lease. This was over a year ago, well before lumber prices went crazy.

Unless there is a major shift in BK's corporate culture, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone by 2030.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/14/21 at 5:05 am

I always thought that Whoppers were way too sloppy. It takes three hand to handle a Whopper. Two to hold the dripping mess and another to grab the napkin.

Model D a year or two ago went to all-fresh beef for their Quarter Pounder (it is called The Royals in France) and it indeed was a tasty upgrade. 😋

Written By: Howard on 07/14/21 at 3:16 pm

I always thought that Whoppers were way too sloppy. It takes three hand to handle a Whopper. Two to hold the dripping mess and another to grab the napkin.

Model D a year or two ago went to all-fresh beef for their Quarter Pounder (it is called The Royals in France) and it indeed was a tasty upgrade. 😋

It's like the condiments were about to fall off the burger, I hated that.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/14/21 at 7:18 pm

Plus their fries are sh!t.  8-P

Model D a year or two ago went to all-fresh beef for their Quarter Pounder (it is called The Royals in France)and it indeed was a tasty upgrade. 😋

Every member of Generation X knows this. ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 07/14/21 at 7:49 pm

Lol who called it Booger King?

That's gross! ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/14/21 at 8:04 pm

That's gross! ;D

My buddies called it booger fling or booger sling. They had names like that for a lot of places.

I remember when BK had a restructuring about 10 years ago. Seemed to compete with McDonald’s a lot more.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/15/21 at 12:35 am

That's gross! ;D

That would be me. My friends and I have been calling it Booger King since we were kids.  ;D

When I was in the Army 30 years ago I was stationed in Germany, and all the PX's (post exchanges, which were basically shopping centers ran by the government for the military) had Burger Kings exclusively. If you wanted to grab a bite to eat and you didn't want to eat crappy Army chow, then BK was basically your only option if you were on or near an Army base.

The BK's in Germany were absolutely horrible. I almost missed out on going to my first convoy to Berlin (which was one of the greatest experiences of my entire life) because I had a Whopper the night before and I got food poisoning from it. Thankfully I recovered by the next morning and I was able to go.

After I got discharged and returned home I absolutely refused to go to Booger King for at least 2 or 3 years afterwards.

I don't know, there's just something about Booger King that makes it so easy to hate.

I think it all started for me with those stupid commercials they made back in the 70's to try to compete with Ronald McDonald.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oK-AzJH2Bw

::) ::) ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/15/21 at 4:45 am

That's gross! ;D

I never called it Booger King.  ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/15/21 at 11:35 am

My buddy called it those things, but would drive 12 miles one way to the next town so he could eat there, as opposed to eating his step mom’s cooking. He could have chosen McDonald’s but chose BK.

But I knew where he was coming from when we had pancakes once. They tasted like cardboard. How do you screw that up when you just add water to the mix? Did she not take it out of the box first?

Written By: Howard on 07/15/21 at 3:22 pm

My buddy called it those things, but would drive 12 miles one way to the next town so he could eat there, as opposed to eating his step mom’s cooking. He could have chosen McDonald’s but chose BK.

But I knew where he was coming from when we had pancakes once. They tasted like cardboard. How do you screw that up when you just add water to the mix? Did she not take it out of the box first?

Do you still eat McDonalds?

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/15/21 at 5:43 pm

Do you still eat McDonalds?

I don’t eat at any restaurants anymore. Because of my medical condition. But if I had to choose I do like McDonald’s better than most. I could probably eat a hash brown or fries but that’s about it.

Also one reason I would choose McDonald’s over BK is McDonald’s still has plain honey for the nuggets. BK only has honey mustard which to me is nasty.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/15/21 at 6:37 pm

I don't know, there's just something about Booger King that makes it so easy to hate.

I'd choose McDonald's over BK anyday! I've had some really nasty meals at BK.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 07/16/21 at 4:35 am

I don’t eat at any restaurants anymore. Because of my medical condition. But if I had to choose I do like McDonald’s better than most. I could probably eat a hash brown or fries but that’s about it.

Also one reason I would choose McDonald’s over BK is McDonald’s still has plain honey for the nuggets. BK only has honey mustard which to me is nasty.

I still go to Burger King where I work and I order a breakfast such as a burrito or some hash browns along with a coffee.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/16/21 at 6:03 am

I still go to Burger King where I work and I order a breakfast such as a burrito or some hash browns along with a coffee.

I liked the croissant wich, but the BK hash browns always left a greasy film in my mouth. McDonald’s never did that.

Written By: Howard on 07/16/21 at 3:18 pm

I liked the croissant wich, but the BK hash browns always left a greasy film in my mouth. McDonald’s never did that.

They probably cook the hash browns in too much oil.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/18/21 at 3:09 pm

McDonald’s has launched its new rewards program.

https://corporate.mcdonalds.com/corpmcd/en-us/our-stories/article/ourstories.loyalty-rewards.html

You get 100 points for every dollar spent at Mickey D’s. And you get an extra 1500 bonus points the first time you make a purchase using the rewards app.  8)

Points can then be redeemed for stuff. For example, 6000 points will get you a free Big Mac or Quarter Pounder.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/18/21 at 3:32 pm

https://corporate.mcdonalds.com/corpmcd/en-us/our-stories/article/ourstories.loyalty-rewards.html

You get 100 points for every dollar spent at Mickey D’s. And you get an extra 1500 bonus points the first time you make a purchase using the rewards app.  8)

Points can then be redeemed for stuff. For example, 6000 points will get you a free Big Mac or Quarter Pounder.

1500 bonus points will get you an added 15 pounds.;D  Best to stay away from McDonald's altogether and eat healthier food.  It will add years to your life. 8)

Written By: Howard on 07/19/21 at 7:03 am

So that means you'd have to go to McDonalds every single day or every other day just to get the points whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  ::)

Written By: violet_shy on 07/20/21 at 9:43 pm

I think it's popular just not as popular as it was before. McDonald's was a fun place to be in the 80s. We had those Happy meals with the toys inside. And the playgrounds. Some of them still do.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/20/21 at 10:14 pm

I think it's popular just not as popular as it was before. McDonald's was a fun place to be in the 80s. We had those Happy meals with the toys inside. And the playgrounds. Some of them still do.

Most of ours ripped out the playlands years ago. Local word is some kid got molested in ours so they tore it out. Maybe, but it takes a lot of energy to heat and cool that big glass room, resources to clean and maintain it, and I would imagine the insurance is higher too.

The one in Reed City is still there to my knowledge. At least as of a few years ago. They remodeled it and kept the playland. I took my daughter there countless times on our travels back and forth. We were usually the only ones there on Friday nights. One time a kid had lost a toy pony behind the gated area, at some point earlier. So I pulled one piece of mat and put 8 straws together and nudged it until I got it for my daughter.

Written By: nally on 07/20/21 at 10:43 pm

I loved to get the little toys that were in the Happy Meals. I even saved a handful of the ones I got between 1989 and 1991.

I also remember the play areas that some of them have. Of course, they've been remodeled over the years, but I often enjoyed going down the tubular slide when I was little. Sometimes I was the only one using it.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/21 at 5:50 am

I think some McDonalds got rid of the playgrounds because of accidents.

Written By: nally on 07/21/21 at 9:26 pm

Yep, some of the playground structures were unsafe for some kiddos.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/22/21 at 5:18 am

Not only that, the bounce house balls were usually covered in McUrine and McFeces.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 07/22/21 at 5:42 am

Not only that, the bounce house balls were usually covered in McUrine and McFeces.  8-P

They probably had to disinfect it a lot.  8-P

Written By: nally on 07/22/21 at 11:04 pm

They probably had to disinfect it a lot.  8-P

The only ball pit (aka Ball Crawl) that I ever played in was at Chucky Cheese. I'm sure the staff had to disinfect it each day.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 07/23/21 at 2:41 am

McDonald's didn't get ball pits until I was in my teens and too old to go in them, but I remembered wishing they had them when I was a little kid.

Now, after hearing how gross they were, I'm glad they didn't.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/23/21 at 5:53 am

The only ball pit (aka Ball Crawl) that I ever played in was at Chucky Cheese. I'm sure the staff had to disinfect it each day.

The only rides I went on were the slides and the swings.

Written By: nally on 07/23/21 at 8:08 pm

The only rides I went on were the slides and the swings.

At McDonald's? I'm pretty sure I did too. In fact, in a previous post I mentioned enjoying the tubular slides.

Written By: Howard on 07/24/21 at 2:13 pm

At McDonald's? I'm pretty sure I did too. In fact, in a previous post I mentioned enjoying the tubular slides.

It was probably back in The late 70's and early 80's.

Written By: violet_shy on 07/24/21 at 9:03 pm

Do people still call McDonald's the Mickey D's?

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/24/21 at 9:43 pm

Do people still call McDonald's the Mickey D's?

Here, all the time.

Written By: wagonman76 on 07/25/21 at 12:11 pm

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akgy7a/we-all-quit-how-americas-workers-are-taking-back-their-power?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

Maybe already posted, and old news, but I’d say McDonald’s is not very popular with a lot of workers.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/21 at 1:38 pm

https://www.vice.com/en/article/akgy7a/we-all-quit-how-americas-workers-are-taking-back-their-power?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

Maybe already posted, and old news, but I’d say McDonald’s is not very popular with a lot of workers.

I think it could be that they might be tired of the low wage pay.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/03/21 at 5:37 am

McD’s has reinstituted its requirement that all customers wear masks.  :o

Written By: Howard on 08/03/21 at 7:14 am

McD’s has re instituted its requirement that all customers wear masks.  :o

I read the news about customers wearing masks indoors, It's kind of stupid but you got to do what you got to do.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/03/21 at 4:52 pm

I read the news about customers wearing masks indoors, It's kind of stupid but you got to do what you got to do.

My company never shut down throughout all of this stuff…. no masks…. All going strong…

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/07/21 at 7:43 am

I think McD’s did not think out the whole app thing very well.

If you’re in the drive-thru lane, it slows everything down. The guy in the car in front of you fumbles with his cell phone trying to interact with the loyalty app. Slowing down the drive thru process is a huge problem.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/17/21 at 8:55 am

I love that they brought back the Orange Hi-Ci! They're amazing!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/17/21 at 8:23 pm

Didn’t know that. I’ll have to try it next time.  :P

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/17/21 at 9:52 pm

I used to mix about 2/3 blue Powerade with 1/3 orange Hi-C. A very good green drink that wasn’t too strong.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/17/21 at 11:56 pm

Didn’t know that. I’ll have to try it next time.  :P

Hehe!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/17/21 at 11:56 pm

I used to mix about 2/3 blue Powerade with 1/3 orange Hi-C. A very good green drink that wasn’t too strong.

Powergrade!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/21 at 7:49 am

Yes indeed, still popular, we had breakfast there last Saturday.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/21 at 6:58 am

Yes indeed, still popular, we had breakfast there last Saturday.

What did you have?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/21 at 7:20 am

What did you have?
A double burger bun, hash brown, and a cup of tea (black).

Subject: McDonald's runs out of milkshakes in England, Scotland and Wales

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/21 at 7:21 am

McDonald's has run out of milkshakes and some bottled drinks at restaurants in England, Scotland and Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58315152

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/19/21 at 7:17 am

They were probably popular yesterday (National Cheeseburger Day).

McD’s was selling double cheeseburgers for only 50 cents.  8)

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mcdonalds-50-cent-double-cheeseburgers-130000553.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/21 at 8:09 am

...stil popular with my family!

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/01/21 at 7:14 pm

McD’s just announced the annual return of the irresistible McRib sandwich.  :P

Popular indeed.  :)

Written By: violet_shy on 10/01/21 at 7:39 pm

I ate McDonald's breakfast this morning. Not the healthiest of choices, but its fast and it was really good!

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/01/21 at 7:46 pm

I ate McDonald's breakfast this morning. Not the healthiest of choices, but its fast and it was really good!

Life is full of delicious trade offs.  :P

Written By: violet_shy on 10/01/21 at 7:52 pm

Life is full of delicious trade offs.  :P

True. But McDonald's has the extra buttery, unhealthy McGriddles! 

Ok this just crossed my mind!.....what happened to Ronald McDonald?  :o

It's a mystery.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/21 at 7:03 am

McD’s just announced the annual return of the irresistible McRib sandwich.  :P

Popular indeed.  :)

Is it available now? ???

Written By: Howard on 10/02/21 at 7:04 am

What did you have?

Written By: Howard on 10/02/21 at 7:06 am

True. But McDonald's has the extra buttery, unhealthy McGriddles! 

Ok this just crossed my mind!.....what happened to Ronald McDonald?  :o

It's a mystery.

I think I'd rather have Burger King instead, I get the Jalapeno Cheddar Bites and hash browns for a quick snack every time I go there.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/02/21 at 11:20 am

What did you have?

The breakfast sandwich with the hash brown.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/21 at 3:54 pm

The breakfast sandwich with the hash brown.

I go to Burger King and order The breakfast burrito and once in a while I will have the hash browns.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/02/21 at 4:20 pm

Is it available now? ???

Not until November 1st.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/21 at 7:02 am

Not until November 1st.

Man, I haven't had one in god knows how many years.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/04/21 at 9:39 am

Still popular with my family, they went again this weekend.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/04/21 at 9:29 pm

The quarter pounder is my favorite. But I can't have it all the time. Once in a while I will order from McDonald's through Doordash, and order a quarter pounder with salt free fries.

Written By: Howard on 10/05/21 at 4:28 am

The quarter pounder is my favorite. But I can't have it all the time. Once in a while I will order from McDonald's through Doordash, and order a quarter pounder with salt free fries.

Those Quarter Pounders were so messy sometimes, they just slop all the onions, pickles and condiments onto the bun that the majority of them slip out from the other side and then it gets hard to hold while the sandwich is falling out your hands.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/05/21 at 2:53 pm

Those Quarter Pounders were so messy sometimes, they just slop all the onions, pickles and condiments onto the bun that the majority of them slip out from the other side and then it gets hard to hold while the sandwich is falling out your hands.

Mine are never messy though. They're really good!

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/05/21 at 5:53 pm

They are lots better since they started using fresh-never-frozen patties a couple years ago.  :P

Written By: GenXStoner1984 on 11/27/21 at 1:10 am

aint got nothin on five guys

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/21 at 11:49 am

aint got nothin on five guys

Five Guys are pretty good. But they don’t have anything that compares to the McRib.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/21 at 3:20 pm

Five Guys are pretty good. But they don’t have anything that compares to the McRib.

I haven't had a McRib in such a long time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/21 at 5:25 am

Yes, my local branch looked very busy the other day.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/14/22 at 5:05 am

Came across this news article from last month:

https://www.eatthis.com/news-mcdonalds-is-planning-a-major-expansion-of-this-new-menu-item-in-2022/

Apparently the McDonalds executives will be doing a mass rollout of the McPlant burger, which is one of those “plant based meat” concoctions.  8-P

I strongly suggest they change the name. ‘McPlant” just does not sound very appetizing to me.  8-P

Written By: kitesarefun on 01/14/22 at 6:47 am

McDonald's is still popular in Canada but in the past few years more and more people have complained that the prices are becoming too high. Their coffee is surprisingly decent for fast food coffee so it's one of the top preferred coffee chains, a lot of people go there just for their morning coffee.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/14/22 at 9:34 am

McDonald's is still popular in Canada but in the past few years more and more people have complained that the prices are becoming too high. Their coffee is surprisingly decent for fast food coffee so it's one of the top preferred coffee chains, a lot of people go there just for their morning coffee.

I go there just for coffee. It's a hit or miss but I find it is much better than Tim Hortons, which is the competing coffee chain here in Canada.

Written By: Howard on 01/15/22 at 7:25 am

Came across this news article from last month:

https://www.eatthis.com/news-mcdonalds-is-planning-a-major-expansion-of-this-new-menu-item-in-2022/

Apparently the McDonalds executives will be doing a mass rollout of the McPlant burger, which is one of those “plant based meat” concoctions.  8-P

I strongly suggest they change the name. ‘McPlant” just does not sound very appetizing to me.  8-P

I think all fast food joints will most likely in the next couple of years will have plant-based products on their menus.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/22 at 3:23 pm

I think all fast food joints will most likely in the next couple of years will have plant-based products on their menus.

If people want plant based food, they can get an order of fries.

Written By: Elor on 01/16/22 at 12:25 am

Why does it even bother you? You don't have to eat it.  ;)
There are some really good vegetarian meat substitutes out there. So why deny them to people who don't like it how we treat animals and kill them?
(and yes, there are also some that are so gross tasting that I can't swallow them...)

Written By: Howard on 01/16/22 at 3:20 am

plant based fries sounds good.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/17/22 at 9:40 am

Made from soya, and many people have allergies to soya, how will the fast food restaurants, what will they do?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/17/22 at 4:24 pm

Made from soya, and many people have allergies to soya, how will the fast food restaurants, what will they do?

No problem.  In a couple of years they'll be hawking "Soya-free, plant-based fake meats".  It will be all the rage like paba-free and gluten-free were.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/15/22 at 4:45 pm

Check out this review of the meatless "McPlant" burger.

https://www.businessinsider.com/review-i-tried-mcdonalds-new-mcplant-veggie-burger-2022-4

Pretty pricey at $5.49 a pop.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/22/22 at 5:44 pm

Iconic investor Carl Icahn wrote an open letter to Mickey D shareholders, saying that company's leadership was "failing" its investors and misleading the public about its animal welfare practices.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/21/business/carl-icahn-mcdonalds-pigs/index.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/22 at 1:03 pm

Yes, McDonald's is still popular!

Written By: Howard on 04/23/22 at 2:50 pm

Yes, McDonald's is still popular!

I go to Burger King.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/22 at 12:43 pm

I go to Burger King.
I am still avoiding KFC.

Written By: Howard on 05/03/22 at 2:53 pm

I am still avoiding KFC.

Our Family orders KFC once in a while.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/07/22 at 2:11 pm

Our Family orders KFC once in a while.

KFC rocks. What’s not to like about a bucket full of fried yard bird?

Written By: Howard on 05/08/22 at 3:28 am

KFC rocks. What’s not to like about a bucket full of fried yard bird?

and their delicious buttered biscuits and crispy fries.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/16/22 at 7:56 am

Not in Russia, for McDonald's are pulling out and shutting down the restaurants.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/17/22 at 5:56 pm

Not in Russia, for McDonald's are pulling out and shutting down the restaurants.

:o  What will the Russian people now do when they are hungry for a McRib sandwich? ???

Written By: Howard on 05/18/22 at 3:37 am

:o  What will the Russian people now do when they are hungry for a McRib sandwich? ???

They'll go elsewhere.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/22 at 4:16 am

Cook their own?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/22 at 5:16 am

Cook their own?

I do not know how that could possibly be the same as the authentic product.  :-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/19/22 at 8:32 am

Uncle Vanya will make its own version of the McRib, but it'll eventually become scarce once all the animal shelters in Russia are cleared out.  8-P

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/11/22 at 6:24 am

Uncle Vanya will make its own version of the McRib, but it'll eventually become scarce once all the animal shelters in Russia are cleared out.  8-P

The awesome saucy they put on the McRib would make any meat product irresistible.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 06/28/22 at 12:58 am

OP: Heck yeah

Subject: McDonald’s CEO sounds the alarm over crime in Chicago

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/17/22 at 7:47 am

This won’t help McDonald’s popularity in Chi-town.  :-\\

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/15/business/mcdonalds-ceo-chicago-crime/index.html

Written By: whistledog on 10/10/22 at 7:59 pm

McDonalds came to Canada in 1967 and next year, the chain celebrates 50 years in my city as the first one where I live opened in 1973.  As an adult, it's never been my go to for fast food.  I much prefer A&W which some may already know as I took my user name from an item on their menu lol

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/15/22 at 11:49 am

McDonalds came to Canada in 1967 and next year, the chain celebrates 50 years in my city as the first one where I live opened in 1973.  As an adult, it's never been my go to for fast food.  I much prefer A&W which some may already know as I took my user name from an item on their menu lol

Is A&W still popular?

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/29/22 at 6:43 pm

McRib is back!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 10/30/22 at 3:09 am

McRib is back!!!!!!

Have you tried it yet?

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/31/22 at 6:07 pm

Have you tried it yet?

Not yet this year. The Mickey D’s near where I live is closed for remodeling.  :\'(

Written By: Dude111 on 11/02/22 at 4:36 am

I bet it tastes like crap now :(

Written By: Howard on 11/02/22 at 7:06 am

I bet it tastes like crap now :(

It's a slab of hamburger meat with barbecue sauce.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/02/22 at 8:35 am

McRib is back!!!!!!

I had one the other day. It was pretty much the same as I've always remembered, decent but not great.

Then again, I got spoiled after all those years of eating world-class barbecue during my time in Kansas City.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/20/22 at 1:18 pm

Today is officially the last day of the McRib. (Unless some outlets still have some unsold stock).  :\'(

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/22 at 3:05 pm

I was in a branch of McDonald's the other day, waiting for a family member to meet up with me. Yes,  the fast food restaurant was very busy, mind you, it was during the lunch break.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/22 at 3:16 pm

Today is officially the last day of the McRib. (Unless some outlets still have some unsold stock).  :\'(

Have you gotten yours? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/20/22 at 5:39 pm

Have you gotten yours? ???

The Mickey D’s near where I live is closed for remodeling.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/22 at 3:36 pm

The Mickey D’s near where I live is closed for remodeling.

So then have Burger King instead.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/23 at 3:07 pm

Yes, and I am planning to travel to the other side of London soon, and plan to visit McDonald's as a matter of convenience.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/23 at 3:11 pm

Yes, and I am planning to travel to the other side of London soon, and plan to visit McDonald's as a matter of convenience.

What do you plan on having?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/23 at 3:22 pm

What do you plan on having?
I plan to visit as a matter of convenience.

Check for new replies or respond here...