inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Disney Plus

Written By: Mat1991 on 11/20/19 at 12:16 am

It launched last week. Is anybody using it?

My first week free trial is over and now I have to pay $6.99 a month for it, but I'm going to keep it. So far I've mainly been using it to binge Boy Meets World.

It was a brilliant move by Disney to tap into a huge nostalgia market. So much of Disney Plus' content is classic TV shows and movies that we loved watching as children, and now they're all available on one platform at a low cost a month.

Subject: Re: Disney Plus

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/20/19 at 6:19 am

I'm debating if I want to continue it after the free trial expires (tomorrow). It's just limited. Hopefully they'll add more movies later.

Written By: 2001 on 11/20/19 at 6:40 am

If it's not on Netflix I pirate it tbh.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/20/19 at 2:57 pm

No sense having that... They probably wont show GOOD MOVIES like song of the south so why bother??

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/21/19 at 2:39 pm

I’m just piggybacking on my parents who subscribed. I will never personally give the Mouse a cent.

Written By: mqg96 on 11/21/19 at 6:05 pm

https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/status/1197296557931954177

'THE WEEKENDERS', 'CORY IN THE HOUSE', and 'AMERICAN DRAGON: JAKE LONG' are soon to be added to Disney+!

Iron Man. Captain America: Winter Soldier. Ant-Man. Dr. Strange. Guardians of the Galaxy.

C'mon guys, I'm all in for this! They're going ALL OUT on Disney Plus. It's universal. This streaming service combines all the TV shows from Disney owned networks throughout the years including the Marvel shows and movies, FOX owned shows like the Simpsons, and combines it with all the new content. I think having Netflix and Disney Plus together will be my new entertainment venue throughout the 2020's! Cable where?

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/21/19 at 7:29 pm

https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/status/1197296557931954177

'THE WEEKENDERS', 'CORY IN THE HOUSE', and 'AMERICAN DRAGON: JAKE LONG' are soon to be added to Disney+!

Iron Man. Captain America: Winter Soldier. Ant-Man. Dr. Strange. Guardians of the Galaxy.

C'mon guys, I'm all in for this! They're going ALL OUT on Disney Plus. It's universal. This streaming service combines all the TV shows from Disney owned networks throughout the years including the Marvel shows and movies, FOX owned shows like the Simpsons, and combines it with all the new content. I think having Netflix and Disney Plus together will be my new entertainment venue throughout the 2020's! Cable where?

That just sounds like choosing between monopolists, no thank you.

Written By: annimal on 11/21/19 at 9:34 pm

anything I want to see or hear I do on Youtube. 

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/22/19 at 4:31 am

I'm hoping they'll add Spider-Man: Far From Home, the new Lion King, the new Aladdin, and Toy Story 4. The movies they do have, I already own.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/22/19 at 6:23 am

C'mon guys, I'm all in for this! They're going ALL OUT on Disney Plus.

Hmm they are???? Does this mean SONG OF THE SOUTH will be available??

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/22/19 at 11:10 am

My first week free trial is over and now I have to pay $6.99 a month for it, but I'm going to keep it. So far I've mainly been using it to binge Boy Meets World.

It was a brilliant move by Disney to tap into a huge nostalgia market. So much of Disney Plus' content is classic TV shows and movies that we loved watching as children, and now they're all available on one platform at a low cost a month.

It's funny, even though I'm much older than you I feel exactly the same way. I too got Disney Plus so I could revisit the old Disney movies from my childhood, and so far the ones I've watched are even better than I remembered.

The other day I watched The Apple Dumpling Gang for the first time since it came out in 1975. I was 4 years old and I didn't remember anything about the movie, other than sneaking into the theater next door where my older brothers and sister were watching Jaws, and as soon as I saw the shark I immediately bailed.  ;D

But I was pleasantly surprised by how funny The Apple Dumpling Gang was when I watched it the other day. Don Knotts and Tim Conway are hilarious, and I think you'd enjoy this movie if you haven't already seen it.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/22/19 at 10:36 pm

I never signed up for Netflix, so why would I sign up for anything else? Lol I will never sign up for streaming subscriptions besides the internet itself. I can find what I want online without paying extra.

Written By: annimal on 11/22/19 at 10:42 pm

The Disney cartoons I remember loving I've watched on Youtube.  Why pay money?

Written By: 2001 on 11/23/19 at 12:17 am

I never signed up for Netflix, so why would I sign up for anything else? Lol I will never sign up for streaming subscriptions besides the internet itself. I can find what I want online without paying extra.

You said it! But not too loud.

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/23/19 at 4:25 am

pMhfbLRoGEw

Written By: Howard on 11/23/19 at 7:47 am

I signed up for Netflix a long time ago and all you need is a password.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/23/19 at 5:43 pm

No I don't pirate I mean I can find what I need on YouTube. I don't really watch network shows or movies. I prefer YouTube videos.

Written By: DisneysRetro on 11/24/19 at 4:21 am

No sense having that... They probably wont show GOOD MOVIES like song of the south so why bother??

Song of the south was my fav as a kid. I will literally go to Disneyland and ride Splash Mountain while singing Zip dee do dah out loud. Special movie to me :)

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/24/19 at 6:49 am

"Good" movie that is also racist af.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/24/19 at 1:03 pm

No worse than the sound of music!!!!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/19 at 10:55 am

From the above replies, it should be called Disney Minus?

Written By: Dude111 on 11/28/19 at 5:05 pm

Yes a good name indeed!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Slim95 on 11/28/19 at 5:21 pm

Apperently they had some difficulties in the first week of launch in that there was a security breach and people's passwords got stolen in the first week! Definitely should be Disney- instead lol.

Written By: 3D Blast on 12/01/19 at 12:07 am

The technical issues and 1st week security breach was definitely a concern for many. Not sure if it turned them away from Disney+ altogether. I was excited for the idea of Disney+ since it reminds me of old Toon Disney that was brought to a streaming service scale.

Check for new replies or respond here...