inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm tired of people trashing 21st century kids

Written By: shrinkingviolet on 11/25/19 at 12:26 am

Why do people act like 2000s and 2010s kids had no good or memorable animated shows or movies growing up? It's almost the 2020s and people still have this lame mentality. The only weak era for animation was from 2006-2009, but it bounced back during the early 2010s. Why do people hate 21st century kids so much?

2000s kids:

Spongebob during its prime
Kim Possible
Samurai Jack
Invader Zim
Foster’s home for imaginary friends
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Phineas and Ferb
Jimmy Neutron
As Told By Ginger
Disney's House of Mouse
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Up
Shrek
Spirited Away
Ratatouille
WALL-E
Lilo & Stitch

2010s kids:

Adventure Time
Gravity Falls
Star Vs. the Forces of Evil
Steven Universe
Phineas and Ferb
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Ducktales
The Loud House
The Amazing World of Gumball
Zootopia
Moana
Tangled
Inside Out
Frozen
Big Hero 6
Wreck-It-Ralph
Coco

Subject: I'm tired of people trashing 21st century kids

Written By: Dude111 on 11/25/19 at 2:24 am

THIS IS GONNA BE QUITE A HOT THREAD!! -- I dunno if I wanna comment on it!! (I think the staff might lock this pretty quick)

Subject: Re: I'm tired of people trashing 21st century kids

Written By: LooseBolt on 11/25/19 at 6:58 pm

Millennial here, welcome to the club. Boy you're in for a fun decade.

Written By: fusefan on 11/25/19 at 9:59 pm

I see where you’re coming from! It drove me nuts in the mid-2000s when people use the bash the 2000s and mid/late 90s! Thankfully I never acted like my peers in the early 2010s when all those “90s kids” memes were popular and bullied people online just for being younger than me.

Written By: rapplepop on 11/27/19 at 7:12 pm

I was born in the early 90s so I'm kind of an early 00s kid as a well as a 90s kid. I agree, I think the early 21st century had a lot of good stuff for kids. Spongebob is overrated but I enjoyed shows like Phineas and Ferb and iCarly.

Written By: Sman12 on 11/28/19 at 2:04 pm

Some people of the previous generation just hate the new generation because of differing social norms and attitudes; hence the "OK, Boomer" meme that's used against baby boomers by Millenials and Zoomers.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/19 at 2:08 pm

Any cartoons that came out after the Bugs Bunny & Road Runner Hour, and their generational followers, basically suck.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/28/19 at 3:07 pm

Any cartoons that came out after the Bugs Bunny & Road Runner Hour, and their generational followers, basically suck.  ;D

I love the old school cartoons.

Written By: Shemp97 on 12/09/19 at 11:25 pm

Why is Phineas n Ferb, a 2007 show, in the 2010s list?

Written By: mqg96 on 12/10/19 at 12:55 am

Phineas & Ferb is a hybrid, although I lean it overall more towards the late 00's instead of the early 10's because its prime episodes were mainly between 2007-2011, it still aired and was popular for both the end of the 00's and the beginning of the 10's.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/10/19 at 12:57 am

Looney Tunes was passed for multiple generations tho. There was never really a specific group of kids who watched Looney Tunes. Looney Tunes was popular on TV consistently from the mid 20th century up until the early 00's.

Written By: DisneysRetro on 12/10/19 at 3:23 am

The show premiered in Feb of 2008 but the preview of the first episode aired in 2007. I think it’s more of a 2010’s kid show considering it ended in 2015. I felt a little too old for it and I was born in 1997.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 12/10/19 at 9:42 am

The show premiered in Feb of 2008 but the preview of the first episode aired in 2007. I think it’s more of a 2010’s kid show considering it ended in 2015. I felt a little too old for it and I was born in 1997.
Phineas and Ferb peaked around 2009/2010, I'd also call it a hybrid

Written By: annimal on 12/10/19 at 11:04 am

Iit's not the kids fault if cartoons suck.  I don't think there's anything wrong with Ducktales 

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/10/19 at 12:10 pm

Me, too. They simply were born later.

Written By: DisneysRetro on 12/10/19 at 6:10 pm

Phineas and Ferb peaked around 2009/2010, I'd also call it a hybrid

I mean the show first started Feb 1st. 2008 and ended in 2015. I’m sure the peak of the show was in the middle of that time frame. It ran for 7 years straight. Then again I honestly wouldn’t  know because I have never watched it all like that. Maybe a few episodes w/ my younger cousin but it was a bit after my time. It was honestly a good cartoon for kids born in the early to late 2000’s

Written By: mqg96 on 12/11/19 at 10:12 pm

I mean the show first started Feb 1st. 2008 and ended in 2015. I’m sure the peak of the show was in the middle of that time frame. It ran for 7 years straight. Then again I honestly wouldn’t  know because I have never watched it all like that. Maybe a few episodes w/ my younger cousin but it was a bit after my time. It was honestly a good cartoon for kids born in the early to late 2000’s

A lot of preteens watched Phineas & Ferb too. It was that good. It was one of those cartoons that had a big audience. Everybody in middle school loved it even if they didn't want to admit it. There was a huge roster of characters (kids & teens), great writing/plots, good musicals, and good family friendly comedy. When comparing Disney Channel cartoons, Phineas & Ferb was arguably the best one in the history. Even better than Kim Possible overall. No surprise it lasted the longest.

Written By: DisneysRetro on 12/13/19 at 2:20 am

A lot of preteens watched Phineas & Ferb too. It was that good. It was one of those cartoons that had a big audience. Everybody in middle school loved it even if they didn't want to admit it. There was a huge roster of characters (kids & teens), great writing/plots, good musicals, and good family friendly comedy. When comparing Disney Channel cartoons, Phineas & Ferb was arguably the best one in the history. Even better than Kim Possible overall. No surprise it lasted the longest.

I was going into 6th grade when the show started but honestly it was a bit after my time. I wasn’t really into it. I’m sure a lot of preteens watched it but it wasn’t my era of cartoons if that makes sense. I was into Jersey Shore and the Kardashians mostly around middle school since reality tv was pretty much in its peak. All the shows of my childhood (on disney channel) were ending by 2007-2008ish, and the new era of disney was beginning to emerge which felt detached  from what I was used to. It kinda made me grow out of it.

Written By: rapplepop on 12/13/19 at 9:18 pm

It was the last good Disney show that I know of. Though I did enjoy the original movie Radio Rebel, from 2012.

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/19 at 11:50 pm

I watched some Phineas & Ferb when I was in university. One of my professors was actually a huge fan of the show which endeared him to me early on.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...