inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: R Kelly Faces New Charges: Fake ID for Aaliyah

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/05/19 at 10:59 pm

And in today’s headlines, yet even more criminal charges have been filed against R Kelly.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2019/12/05/r-kelly-charged-with-bribing-government-employee-report/23875031/

It is alleged that 25 years ago he bribed a Chicago official to make a fake Id for Aaliyah, stating that she was 18 when she was really 15, so he could marry her.  :o

Subject: Re: R Kelly Faces New Charges: Fake ID for Aaliyah

Written By: DisneysRetro on 12/06/19 at 2:11 pm

They need to leave him alone. That was in 1994. Aaliyah  has passed away. Unless her family is involved I think they need to give it a rest.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/06/19 at 4:10 pm

They need to leave him alone. That was in 1994. Aaliyah  has passed away. Unless her family is involved I think they need to give it a rest.

I think it is all a ploy to stack so many charges on him that he cops a plea to avoid spending the rest of his life in prison.

In Chicago, they should have simply handed the case over to Special Investigations leader Hank Voigt. Dude knows how to get justice, one way or another.

Written By: piecesof93 on 12/07/19 at 5:19 am

Why would they need to leave him alone? He has been getting away with nonsense for decades. Wrong doings come back to haunt you. He brought all this on himself. Oh well.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/07/19 at 3:40 pm

Just saw this story at TMZ.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/07/r-kelly-girlfriend-azriel-clary-moves-out-trump-tower/

Apparently one of R’s jumpoffs girl friends has decided to leave his pad in Chicago’s Trump Tower.

I wonder who was paying the rent? Everything I read indicates he’s broke.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/07/19 at 7:28 pm

Apparently R’s trial is not scheduled until September.  :o

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/criminal-justice/ct-r-kelly-sex-charges-20191204-6wyzuymef5hszkq6m3vawfk7yi-story.html

What ever happened to the right to a speedy trial?  ???

Written By: Slim95 on 12/08/19 at 4:07 pm

Why would they need to leave him alone? He has been getting away with nonsense for decades. Wrong doings come back to haunt you. He brought all this on himself. Oh well.

Because it's over and done with... Over 20 years ago. Don't they have some statute of limitations in place?

Subject: R Kelly Faces New Charges: Fake ID for Aaliyah

Written By: Dude111 on 12/08/19 at 10:51 pm

Indeed........ I question weather ANY OF THIS IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: DisneysRetro on 12/09/19 at 3:58 am

I agree with the other cases that has been held against him. However the Aaliyah case was dealt with 25 years ago. Her father and her mother Diane dealt with that during that time along with her uncle Barry. Why bring up something that is done and over with ? Especially when the immediate entity isn’t even involved nor alive. Bring up relevant cases with victims who are alive and well to testify. Aaliyah, blackground records and her parents handled that back in 1995. When she came out with one in a million in 1996/1997 that whole scandal was over and done with and taken care of. Its been nearly 26 years and Aaliyah has been deceased for nearly 20 years. Let it go.

Written By: piecesof93 on 12/09/19 at 4:01 am

Because it's over and done with... Over 20 years ago.

Evidently it isn't if they're facing him with new charges...

Check for new replies or respond here...