inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Mainstream Songs of the 2010s?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/19 at 11:05 pm

This is Billboard's opinion:

Q9ZQX1S9Pxc

What's your opinion?

Subject: Re: Best Mainstream Songs of the 2010s?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/19 at 11:08 pm

I don't know if you guys remember me saying "Uptown Funk" was the greatest mainstream song of the decade a while back on this site but I was right! It was the number 1 song this decade according to Billboard. It's crazy how I predicted that right!  :o Now who wants to give me a cookie now when yall laughed at me and I ended up being spot on?  ;D

But my opinion has changed and I think "Thrift Shop" is the greatest mainstream song of the 2010s, followed by "Something Just Like This" and in third I would put "Uptown Funk".

But this is mainstream-wise. If we were talking about music in general my opinion would be way different again.

Written By: wixness on 12/12/19 at 1:00 am

Shape of You by Ed Sheeran and Into You by Ariana Grande. For 2010s songs, they have a decent melody.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/12/19 at 2:02 am

Shape of You by Ed Sheeran and Into You by Ariana Grande. For 2010s songs, they have a decent melody.

I liked Shape of You but there isn't a single song by Ariana Grande my ears can tolerate.

Written By: ilovethe2010s on 12/15/19 at 11:35 pm

The summer of 2012 will always stick out in my mind because of Gotye's Somebody That I Used to Know and Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe both dominating the airwaves back to back. I'd also toss Sia's Chandelier and Elastic Heart into my top 10. Ellie Goulding's Lights. Vance Joy's Riptide. Swedish House Mafia's Don't You Worry Child. PSY's Gangnam Style. LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem. Mackelmore's Same Love. Taylor Swift's Look What You Made Me Do. It's too hard to choose! I'd have to make a top 10 for each in year in the decade.

Check for new replies or respond here...