inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Your best, memorable Christmas of the 2010's

Written By: violet_shy on 08/31/20 at 9:25 am

I know I'm 3 months too early to discuss it, but I was just remembering Christmas 2015. It was one of the best holidays to me, and my favorite!  :)

Subject: Re: Your best, memorable Christmas of the 2010's

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/31/20 at 9:35 am

The Christmas of Jelly Shoes!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/20 at 9:44 am

Instead of perfume, it was Jelly Shoes

Written By: violet_shy on 08/31/20 at 9:58 am

;D ;D I'm serious! Lol.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/31/20 at 9:58 am

There is jelly perfume.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/20 at 10:02 am

There is jelly perfume.
The aroma lingers on

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/31/20 at 10:02 am

;D ;D I'm serious! Lol.

All hail Jelly Jess
Her Jelly Christmas was the best
Back in 2015
When she was a Jelly Teen
;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 08/31/20 at 11:31 am

I know I'm 3 months too early to discuss it, but I was just remembering Christmas 2015. It was one of the best holidays to me, and my favorite!  :)

Is there anything in particular that made it better than the others?

All were memorable but I don’t think any from the 2010s were that great. 2015 we basically got a house for Christmas but didn’t have any money for a very long time.

2003 was a great and memorable Christmas. First year alone with my daughter. She was 2.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/01/20 at 5:04 pm

We rarely have Christmas on Christmas. We have it whenever everyone can get together. One year we even had it in January.

2010 we hosted for the first time in I don't know how long. Carlos & son-in-law went to buy a tree. It was the last tree in the lot which I was really surprised because it was such a BEAUTIFUL tree. We also had our new (old) dining room table with the 7 leaves so no one was cramped.

2014 was very memorable because that was our first Christmas in this house. And that was the year that I gave the grandkids my first book. I also got to use all my matching dishes & matching silverware. 

2016 was a memorable one because of of BIG oops. Our Christmases are usually an overnighter. 3 of Carlos' kids were there with significant others, kids, etc, we had 13 overnight guests!  :o :o :o  This house is so big that no one had to sleep in the living room. One family (4 people) slept in the spare bedroom. One family (4 people) slept in here (the office) on air mattresses. One of Carlos' daughter & her significant other slept in the library while her daughter and his 2 daughters slept in the front room.

The oops happened because of a misunderstanding. We figured we would have tacos the first night and have the BIG meal the next day. Come to find out that most people had to leave by noon the following day. By time we found this out, it was too late to make the pork roast. So, we had tacos-that I made and I NEVER cook! We did have TWO breakfasts the next day even though we didn't have the pork roast like we had planned. But, I did get to use my new matching champagne glasses. 

What got me about that year was the "chefs" were thanked for the breakfasts but not the "chef" who made dinner the night before and the dishwasher who washed the dishes from ALL the meals!

Cat

Written By: duenas8 on 09/02/20 at 12:08 am

I think ‘18 or ‘19. When I spent it with my grand parents

Written By: Zelek3 on 09/02/20 at 12:52 am

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/20 at 3:00 pm

As each year gets on, each subsequent Christmas becomes more memorable as my granddaughter grows older.

Written By: Sman12 on 09/03/20 at 5:36 pm

Christmas 2011. My late mom's Christmas snickerdoodles tasted so good.  :)

Written By: DisneysRetro on 09/25/20 at 4:06 am

Christmas of 2011 and 2016. In 2011 we had a HUGE family get together for Christmas and in 2016 me and my best friend flew to Seattle and spent Christmas there touring the city until New Years. It was a very fun time cause it was rainy and the holiday feeling felt super strong over there. I hope we get that holiday feeling this year with everything going on.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/20 at 4:43 am

This year's Christmas will be a completely different story?

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/28/20 at 6:08 pm

The last 3 were more memorable (2017, 18, and 19).

Written By: violet_shy on 09/29/20 at 4:39 pm

Christmas 2015. It was beautiful. I remember I did most of the Christmas decorating that year. I still have the photos on Facebook. My family and I got together. We enjoyed a traditional Christmas dinner, we exchanged gifts. I was given one special gift in particular...That Christmas we visited my sister when she lived in Boston. Best time!

Written By: Tory on 10/04/20 at 7:15 pm

Christmas 2014 when I got a Wii U or 2018 when I got an Xbox One S. It wasn't only the presents but it was also spending time with family and the cheery vibe which made those two savory.

Check for new replies or respond here...