inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: March 2010 - May 2010 Throwback

Written By: mjstudios97 on 11/16/20 at 10:29 pm

https://i.insider.com/5346c6ececad04dd5555604a?width=400&format=jpeg&auto=webp
An oil spill caused by the oil rig Deepwater Horizon explosion on Apr 20, 2010 creates an environmental disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dAJL_nRDtLE/UZfH2KoxEuI/AAAAAAAAA3o/c0DFZ-TL_bQ/s1600/NothinOnYouBeach.jpg
Bruno Mars and B.o.B perform at the MTV Spring Break 2010.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/QicAAOSwvLJfNuGI/s-l1600.jpg
Justin Bieber makes the front cover in a Celebrity Spectacular magazine.

Events that happened but are not limited to: Carlos Slim, with a net worth of US$53.5 billion, becomes the first person from an emerging economy to top the Forbes Richest Person list, surpassing Bill Gates (Mar 10), Sebastián Piñera becomes president of Chile (Mar 11), Uganda's only cultural World Heritage Site, The Kasubi Tombs are almost completely destroyed by a fire (Mar 16), Wrestlemania XXVI is held at the University of Phoenix Stadium, with an attendance of 72,219 people and 885,000 PPV purchases (Mar 28). A 7.1-magnitude earthquake strikes Qinghao Province in China, injuring 10,000 and taking 400 lives. (Apr 14), The Eyjafjallajökull Volcano in Iceland erupts, sending ash clouds across Europe causing air travel disruptions in Northern and Western Europe for six days (Apr 14). The biggest marine oil spill to date creates an environmental disaster after an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig. 11 lives are lost (Apr 20). A terrorist attack is attempted in Times Square in New York. Two street vendors alerted NYPD after they noticed smoke coming from a vehicle. A car bomb was discovered (May 1). The International Monetary Fund, and the Euro Zone seals a bailout deal with Greece, in order to save them from the sovereign debt crisis, in return of extra budget cuts under austerity measures for over three years. Civil unrest ensues (May 2). Southeast flooding takes 24 lives, 19 of which are in Nashville, Tennessee after two days of record-breaking thunderstorms. (May 3). Apple passes Microsoft as world's top technology company (May 26), Top financial chief and co-founder of Al Qaeda, Mustafa Abu al-Yazid is killed in an American drone attack in Pakistan. (May 31)

Things that happened in pop culture but are not limited to: The 82nd Academy Awards is held at the Kodak Theatre, 'Hurt Locker' is awarded Best Picture and wins the most awards, followed by 'Avatar' (Mar 7), Justin Bieber releases his first album 'My World 2.0' with Island Records. It becomes a bestseller. (Mar 19),  Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin, publicly comes out gay on a post on his official website (Mar 29) Coachella 2010 goes on, with Jay-Z, "Will it Blend? Ipad" is posted to YouTube and would soon becoming viral (Apr 5), Muse, and Gorillaz appearing as headliners. (Apr 16-Apr 18), 12-year-old Grayson Chance uploads his school performance of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi to YouTube which would soon go viral (Apr 28), After nearly 6 years and 6 seasons the finale of Lost, is aired on television (May 23)

TV shows that debuted but are not limited to: Parenthood (Mar 2), Pink Panther and Pals (Mar 7), Minute to Win It (Mar 14), ESPN Sports Saturday (Apr 3), Good Luck Charlie (Apr 4), Adventure Time (Apr 5), Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated (Apr 5), Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (Apr 23), Generator Rex (Apr 23)
Films that were released but are not limited to: Alice in Wonderland (Mar 3), Alice in Wonderland (Mar 5), Green Zone (Mar 11), She's Out of My League (Mar 12), Remember Me (Mar 12), Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Mar 19), How To Train Your Dragon (Mar 26), Hot Tub Time Machine (Mar 26), Clash of the Titans (Apr 2), Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too? (Apr 2), Date Night (Apr 9), Kick Ass (Apr 16), Oceans (Apr 22), The Human Centipede (Apr 30), Nightmare on Elm Street (Apr 30), Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (May 5), Iron Man 2 (May 7), Babies (May 7), Letters to Juliet (May 14), Robin Hood (May 14), Shrek Forever After (May 21), Sex and the City 2 (May 27), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (May 28)

Songs that were popular but are not limited to: "Rude Boy" by Rihanna, "Nothin' on You" by B.o.B and Bruno Mars, "OMG" by Usher and Will.i.am, "Telephone" by Lady Gaga, "Baby" by Justin Bieber, "Carry Out" by Timbaland ft. Justin Timberlake, "In my Head" by Jason Derulo, "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum, "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris, "Airplanes" by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams, "Your Love is my Drug" by Ke$ha, "Young Forever" by Jay-Z and Mr. Hudson, "Breakeven" by The Script, "Eenie Meenie" by Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber, "Whataya Want From Me" by Adam Lambert, "My Chick Bad" by Ludacris ft. Nicki Minaj, "Hey Soul Sister" by Train.

Games that were released but are not limited to: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Mar 2), Metro 2033 (Mar 16), God of War III (Mar 16), Just Cause 2 (Mar 23), Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Apr 13), Super Street Fighter IV (Apr 27), Skate 3 (May 11), Alan Wake (May 14), Red Dead Redemption (May 18), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (May 23)

Top mobile phones include but are not limited to: Sprint HTC EVO 4G, Apple iPhone 3GS, Nokia N8, HTC Droid Incredible, Google Nexus One, Palm Pre Plus, T-Mobile My Touch 3G Slide, RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700, T-Mobile HTC HD2, Motorola Droid.

Subject: Re: Spring 2010 (2009-10 School Year) Throwback

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 2:09 am

An oil spill caused by the oil rig Deepwater Horizon explosion on Apr 20, 2010 creates an environmental disaster in the Gulf of Mexico.

Obama reading to kids at the Easter Egg Roll 2010 at the lawn of the White House.

Bruno Mars and B.o.B perform at the MTV Spring Break 2010.

High school students pose for prom pictures.

Justin Bieber makes the front cover in a Celebrity Spectacular magazine in Spring 2010.

Spring 2010 🌷

Events that happened but are not limited to: Carlos Slim, with a net worth of US$53.5 billion, becomes the first person from an emerging economy to top the Forbes Richest Person list, surpassing Bill Gates (Mar 10), Sebastián Piñera becomes president of Chile (Mar 11), Uganda's only cultural World Heritage Site, The Kasubi Tombs are almost completely destroyed by a fire (Mar 16), Wrestlemania XXVI is held at the University of Phoenix Stadium, with an attendance of 72,219 people and 885,000 PPV purchases (Mar 28). A 7.1-magnitude earthquake strikes Qinghao Province in China, injuring 10,000 and taking 400 lives. (Apr 14), The Eyjafjallajökull Volcano in Iceland erupts, sending ash clouds across Europe causing air travel disruptions in Northern and Western Europe for six days (Apr 14). The biggest marine oil spill to date creates an environmental disaster after an explosion on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig. 11 lives are lost (Apr 20). A terrorist attack is attempted in Times Square in New York. Two street vendors alerted NYPD after they noticed smoke coming from a vehicle. A car bomb was discovered (May 1). The International Monetary Fund, and the Euro Zone seals a bailout deal with Greece, in order to save them from the sovereign debt crisis, in return of extra budget cuts under austerity measures for over three years. Civil unrest ensues (May 2). Southeast flooding takes 24 lives, 19 of which are in Nashville, Tennessee after two days of record-breaking thunderstorms. (May 3). Apple passes Microsoft as world's top technology company (May 26), Top financial chief and co-founder of Al Qaeda, Mustafa Abu al-Yazid is killed in an American drone attack in Pakistan. (May 31)

Things that happened in pop culture but are not limited to: The 82nd Academy Awards is held at the Kodak Theatre, 'Hurt Locker' is awarded Best Picture and wins the most awards, followed by 'Avatar' (Mar 7), Justin Bieber releases his first album 'My World 2.0' with Island Records. It becomes a bestseller. (Mar 19),  Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin, publicly comes out gay on a post on his official website (Mar 29) Coachella 2010 goes on, with Jay-Z, "Will it Blend? Ipad" is posted to YouTube and would soon becoming viral (Apr 5), Muse, and Gorillaz appearing as headliners. (Apr 16-Apr 18), 12-year-old Grayson Chance uploads his school performance of Lady Gaga's Paparazzi to YouTube which would soon go viral (Apr 28), After nearly 6 years and 6 seasons the finale of Lost, is aired on television (May 23)

TV shows that debuted but are not limited to: Parenthood (Mar 2), Pink Panther and Pals (Mar 7), Minute to Win It (Mar 14), ESPN Sports Saturday (Apr 3), Good Luck Charlie (Apr 4), Adventure Time (Apr 5), Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated (Apr 5), Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (Apr 23), Generator Rex (Apr 23)
Films that were released but are not limited to: Alice in Wonderland (Mar 3), Alice in Wonderland (Mar 5), Green Zone (Mar 11), She's Out of My League (Mar 12), Remember Me (Mar 12), Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Mar 19), How To Train Your Dragon (Mar 26), Hot Tub Time Machine (Mar 26), Clash of the Titans (Apr 2), Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too? (Apr 2), Date Night (Apr 9), Kick Ass (Apr 16), Oceans (Apr 22), The Human Centipede (Apr 30), Nightmare on Elm Street (Apr 30), Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll (May 5), Iron Man 2 (May 7), Babies (May 7), Letters to Juliet (May 14), Robin Hood (May 14), Shrek Forever After (May 21), Sex and the City 2 (May 27), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (May 28)

Songs that were popular but are not limited to: "Rude Boy" by Rihanna, "Nothin' on You" by B.o.B and Bruno Mars, "OMG" by Usher and Will.i.am, "Telephone" by Lady Gaga, "Baby" by Justin Bieber, "Carry Out" by Timbaland ft. Justin Timberlake, "In my Head" by Jason Derulo, "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum, "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris, "Airplanes" by B.o.B. ft. Hayley Williams, "Your Love is my Drug" by Ke$ha, "Young Forever" by Jay-Z and Mr. Hudson, "Breakeven" by The Script, "Eenie Meenie" by Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber, "Whataya Want From Me" by Adam Lambert, "My Chick Bad" by Ludacris ft. Nicki Minaj, "Hey Soul Sister" by Train.

Games that were released but are not limited to: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Mar 2), Metro 2033 (Mar 16), God of War III (Mar 16), Just Cause 2 (Mar 23), Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (Apr 13), Super Street Fighter IV (Apr 27), Skate 3 (May 11), Alan Wake (May 14), Red Dead Redemption (May 18), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (May 23)

Top mobile phones include but are not limited to: Sprint HTC EVO 4G, Apple iPhone 3GS, Nokia N8, HTC Droid Incredible, Google Nexus One, Palm Pre Plus, T-Mobile My Touch 3G Slide, RIM BlackBerry Bold 9700, T-Mobile HTC HD2, Motorola Droid.
Ouch, these images made downloading slow.

Please limit the embedded videos to 2 per post and 3 photos per post. This INCLUDES anything within the spoiler function. But you can make as many posts as you would like.

The reason for the limit is that they don't load on some people's devices when there are so many. This is a courtesy to our fellow board members.

Thank you.

Cat 

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/20 at 2:10 am

BTW, Spring can be Autumn in other hemispheres.

Written By: mjstudios97 on 11/17/20 at 3:38 am

BTW, Spring can be Autumn in other hemispheres.

Oh yeah, you're right. I darn goofed on that.

Written By: mjstudios97 on 11/17/20 at 3:40 am

Ouch, these images made downloading slow.

Whoops, my bad..! I didn't realize how it works. I'll be sure to limit it.

Check for new replies or respond here...