inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: June 2010 - August 2010 Throwback

Written By: mjstudios97 on 11/17/20 at 4:02 am

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Pn2TMlXAbow/T1tEAhGoR2I/AAAAAAAAAnE/jblhftnhxjI/s1600/life-in-a-day-poster012.jpg
YouTube is involved in a project with Scott Free Productions which would later take in more than 80,000 submissions and compile them to create a time capsule in the form of a movie. All footages were taken on one day: Jul 24, 2010.
https://static.billboard.com/files/stylus/108369-shakira_world_cup_617_409-compressed.jpg
Shakira performs in an opening ceremony at the FIFA World Cup in 2010.

Events that happened but are not limited to: Yukio Hatoyama, announces that he will resign from Prime Minister just nine months into his term (Jun 1). The security council of the United Nations imposes another set of sanctions against Iran's nuclear program in an attempt to stop Iran's production of nuclear fuel. Obama is in strong favor of the sanctions, though only 12 of the 15 members in the security council were in favor of passing it. (Jun 9) The 2010 FIFA World Cup is held in South Africa and the finals are held in Spain, where Spain beats out the Netherlands (1-0). (Jun 11-Jul 11) The Lakers wins the 2010 NBA Finals Championship against the Celtics (4-3) and Kobe Bryant is awarded MVP for the second time in a row. (Jun 17)  Julia Gillard is sworn in unopposed as the first female prime minister of Australia, after a leadership spill between her and former prime minister, Kevin Rudd. (Jun 24) After an investigation, the FBI discover a hidden network of Russian sleeper agents or spies, and 10 people accused of foreign espionage are arrested. (Jun 27) Heavy monsoon rains in Pakistan causes flooding in the Indus River basin affecting 20 million people in the area. Over 90,000 internal reports about the U.S.-led involvement in the War in Afghanistan from 2004-10 are leaked to the public by WikiLeaks. (Jul 25) An estimated 1700+ lives are lost according to the UN along with an estimated $43 billion worth of damages. (Jul 26-Aug) The H1N1 pandemic of 2009-10 is declared over by the WHO. (Aug 10). China now has second largest economy in the world, passing Japan. (Aug 15) Housing sales in July were the lowest in 10 years, dropping by 25.5% from 2009. (Aug 24) Obama makes an address to the nation about the plan to end the combat mission in Iraq which has been ongoing since 2003. He addresses that there are more pressing issues to the country such as the economy, and unemployment. (Aug 31) 

Things that happened in pop culture but are not limited to: Rue McClanahan, famous for her role on Golden Girls, Maude, and Mama's Family, passes away. (Jun 3) Shakira performs her popular "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)" at the open ceremony to the FIFA World Cup 2010 (Jun 10), Drake and Jimmy Kimmel do a music video together called "Tweet Tweet" for Jimmy Kimmel: Live. It's posted on YouTube. (Jun 24), Larry King announces plans to end his longtime talk show after it being on air for 15 years (Jun 29). Lindsay Lohan gets 90-day jailtime sentence for failing to attend her court-ordered alcohol education weekly classes (Jul 6), A video of Antoine Dodson doing a news interview was remixed into a song called the "Bed Intruder Song" and is uploaded to YouTube which would go very viral. (Jul 31), The Teen Choice Awards are held with Katy Perry as cohost. (Aug 8), 10-year-old Jackie Evancho wows the judges and the crowd on her performance of "O mio babbino caro" on America's Got Talent (Aug 10), The 62nd Emmy Awards are held at the Nokia Theater with Jimmy Fallon as the host (Aug 21), The Mockingjay, the final book in the trilogy is published (Aug 24).

TV shows that debuted but are not limited to: The Biggest Loser (Jun 1), Are We There Yet? (Jun 2), Top Shot (Jun 6), Pretty Little Liars (Jun 8), Dual Survival (Jun 11), Memphis Beat (Jun 22), Mary Shelley's Frankenhole (Jun 27), Haven (Jul 9), Rizzoli & Isles (Jul 12), Covert Affairs (Jul 13), RuPaul's Drag U (Jul 19), MasterChef (Jul 27), Bachelor Pad (Aug 9), Melissa and Joey (Aug 17) The Real Housewives of D.C. (Aug 21)

Films that were released but are not limited to: Marmaduke (Jun 4), The A-Team (Jun 11), The Karate Kid (Jun 11), Unthinkable (Jun 14), Toy Story 3 (Jun 18), Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Jun 24), Grown Ups (Jun 25), 16 Wishes (Jun 25), The Last Airbender (Jun 30), Despicable Me (Jul 9), Predators (Jul 9), The Kids Are All Right (Jul 9), Inception (Jul 16), Salt (Jul 23), Ramona and Beezus (Jul 23), Dinner for Chucks (Jul 30), Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (Aug 13), The Expendables (Aug 13), Eat, Pray, Love (Aug 13), Vampires Suck (Aug 18), Piranha (Aug 20), Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang (Aug 20), Mao's Last Dancer (Aug 20), The Switch (Aug 20), The Last Exorcism (Aug 27)

Songs that were popular but are not limited to: "Cooler Than Me" by Mike Posner, "Mine" by Taylor Swift, "DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love" by Usher ft. Pitbull, "Misery" by Maroon 5, "Club Can't Handle Me" by Flo Rida ft. David Guetta, "Somebody to Love" by Justin Bieber ft. Usher, "California Gurls" by Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg, "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz, "My First Kiss" by 3OH!3 ft. Ke$ha, "Can't Be Tamed" by Miley Cyrus, "Impossible" by Shontelle, "Your Love" by Nicki Minaj, "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem ft. Rihanna, "Not Afraid" by Eminem, "Alejandro" by Lady Gaga, "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy ft. Bruno Mars, "Airplanes" by B.o.B ft. Hayley Williams, "Your Love is My Drug" by Ke$ha, "Rock That Body" by Black Eyed Peas, "Find Your Love" by Drake, "OMG" by Usher, "Nothin on You" by Bruno Mars and B.o.B, "Never Say Never" by Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith, "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull, "Ridin' Solo" by Jason Derulo, "Bulletproof" by La Roux, "POWER" by Kanye West, "Undo It" by Carrie Underwood, "Breakeven" by The Script, "Lay Me Down" by Dirty Heads ft. Rome.

Games that were released but are not limited to: Alpha Protocol (Jun 1), Mega Man Zero Collection (Jun 8.), Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Jun 15), Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Jun 25), Naughty Bear (Jun 25), NCAA Football 11 (Jul 13), Need for Speed: World (Jul 20), Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Jul 27), Clash of The Titans: The Video Game (Jul 27), Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game (Aug 10), Madden NFL 11 (Aug 10), Mafia II (Aug 24), Ace Combat: Joint Assault (Aug 31).

Subject: Re: June 2010 - August 2010 Throwback

Written By: Slim95 on 11/18/20 at 3:59 pm

It's crazy how 2010 doesn't seem like a long time ago and yet it was 10 years ago.

Subject: Re: June 2010 - August 2010 Throwback

Written By: BotleyCrew on 11/18/20 at 9:13 pm

I recognize those songs mostly from Toddintheshadows' early reviews

Check for new replies or respond here...