inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remember how people thought 2016 was bad?

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 12/30/20 at 11:12 pm

It was like 1998 compared to this year.

Subject: Re: Remember how people thought 2016 was bad?

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/31/20 at 5:49 am

Funny you mention 1998 because that year was pretty bad in my personal life, literally from January 1 to December 31.

Anyhow I always thought of 2016 being like 2020 without the pandemic (except for the Zika Virus but that wasn't even close). There were a lot of racial tensions and violence, and it was an eventful year. But even moreso, it was an election year and look who the common denominator is in those two elections.

2017 through 2019 was quiet by comparison, like the calm before the storm. 2020 pretty much made us forget about 2016, and even made people a bit nostalgic for it only remembering Pokémon Go. Normally the summer Olympics years/leap years are supposed to be the good years, but 2016 and 2020 seem to be exceptions. In the latter even the Olympics were canceled.

Written By: Shemp97 on 12/31/20 at 2:30 pm

Still is bad. The last 4 years have been a dumpster fire.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/31/20 at 9:30 pm

I never thought 2016 was bad. Did people think it was bad because a bunch of celebrities passed away?  ???

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/01/21 at 2:56 pm

I never thought 2016 was bad. Did people think it was bad because a bunch of celebrities passed away?  ???

Donald Trump, Red pill enthusiasts, bombings, mass shootings, ISIS attacks, protests & riots, etc

Written By: Howard on 01/01/21 at 3:16 pm

Donald Trump, Red pill enthusiasts, bombings, mass shootings, ISIS attacks, protests & riots, etc

I just don't understand how Donald Trump became president?  ::)

Written By: 2001 on 01/01/21 at 5:46 pm

Happy New Year, Millennium. I hadn't seen you post in a while. And I agree!

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/02/21 at 8:41 am

Particularly I remember the Orlando nightclub shooting immediately followed by the Dallas police shootings. Also the Trump campaign looked very toxic, and his followers were mean and hateful but that became the normal mindset of many Americans, even in the churches.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/02/21 at 4:01 pm

I guess I just ignored those things. I didn't think 2016 was a bad year personally. It wasn't amazing but it wasn't bad. It was a heck of a lot better than 2018, that's for sure. 

Check for new replies or respond here...