inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2015 Nostalgia

Written By: violet_shy on 03/16/21 at 1:19 pm

2015 will always be one of my best years. It was a year I really opened up both in my personal life and socially. In previous years, I was always keeping to myself and limited to family life. I use to keep journals and I pretty much became self centered. During 2015, I had my first boyfriend and I was more open socially. Christmas 2015 was beautiful! I remember doing the holiday decorating. There were more family get togethers, and we would travel to Boston often to visit my sister. Music was good in 2015. I use to listen to Music Choice in our living room all day during the Summer months. It was fun! It was that bucolic, wonderful Summer that was so good to me. I remember my nephews when they were smaller and growing up....I miss them being so little.❤ It was also the year I joined inthe00s! The first member I said hello to was Jeffrey(nally). It was a great year! I am beginning to realize how wonderful my mid 30s were.  :)

Subject: Re: 2015 Nostalgia

Written By: Slim95 on 03/18/21 at 9:04 pm

YES, I agree. 2015 was a very memorable year. It was my first year of university. I think it was the first modern 2010s year, the second half only though. That's when Trump showed up in the picture. 2015 is the year Trump announced he was getting into politics and running for president. I remember that moment well and I thought it was just a joke or a publicity stunt. I heard it from another person in June at the doctor's office in the waiting area when I was waiting for my appointment. It's funny looking at little things like that in hindsight and realizing how much has changed and you had no idea at the time. I totally agree OP, 2015 was a kick butt year. I had a lot of fun that year.

Written By: wagonman76 on 03/18/21 at 9:13 pm

2015 was when I got this house so that is a good thing.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/20/21 at 8:01 am

I'm not a fan of the Mid-2010's but 2015 was an exception. Aside from the politics and news events, it was a fun year culturally and in my personal life.

Written By: duenas8 on 03/24/21 at 5:36 am

As someone who followed EDM a lot in the early 10s, it was so unexpected when Skrillex did a collaboration with Justin Bieber, who used to be the most hated artist, turned out to save the career of JB.

I have profound memories of 2015 until early 2016.

nntGTK2Fhb0

Written By: Dankmemer420 on 04/06/21 at 5:49 pm

I was just about to post about something like this but yeah I agree.

COVID was the catalyst for my mid 2010s nostalgia. My middle school years (2013-2017) almost perfectly spanned the mid 2010s. The two years I have the most nostalgia for are 2015 and 2016, but 2015 in particular takes the cake because it was the last year that I truly felt like a child. Aside from the last two months of it, 2014 was absolutely horrible and 2015 was a clear Renaissance to it.

The pop culture of my middle school years was so great thinking about it. Flappy Bird, What Does The Fox Say, Minecraft PE, Vine, Meghan Trainor, Dabbing, Bottle Flipping, old Instagram, McJuggerNuggets, 28-3, Pepe, iDubbbz, FNAF insanity, Cam Newton, MLG, Dat Boi, I could go on and on.

I told myself that I’d never miss middle school but I do now.

Written By: abisert on 04/07/21 at 12:19 pm

Same.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 04/09/21 at 7:26 am

weekly dragon ball super was pretty cool

Check for new replies or respond here...