inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One Thing I Miss from the 2010s

Written By: Slim95 on 05/14/21 at 2:38 pm

One Thing I Miss from the 2010s is parody culture. Parodies are dead now (since around 2017), due to a combination of new copyright infringement laws and PC culture. It's sad because Bart Baker's parodies on YouTube is something I will have extreme nostalgia for and will miss a lot in the coming years.

Subject: Re: One Thing I Miss from the 2010s

Written By: Ripley on 05/15/21 at 3:33 pm

Oh yea I do miss parodies! I found quit a few staring from 2005 when YouTube launched. Sadly, not all are still there. 😔

Written By: nally on 05/15/21 at 10:58 pm

Does this mean Weird Al isn't doing any more of them? ???

Written By: Slim95 on 05/16/21 at 12:25 am

Does this mean Weird Al isn't doing any more of them? ???

I don't know about him but in general parody culture has been dying (besides him and another select few like SNL).

I never really liked weird Al. The parodies I liked are when it is similar to the actual content they are making fun of and it makes sense. Bart Baker did this brilliantly. You don't see much of that anymore.

Written By: BotleyCrew on 05/17/21 at 5:01 pm

Most YouTube parodies from back then weren't great, but they're quite charming in hindsight

Check for new replies or respond here...