inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It makes me sad to think of people being born during and after 2010

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 05/18/21 at 11:02 pm

I can't help but think that most of these people will have extremely boring childhoods. I don't mean to be a pr##k in saying that, it's just that the Internet has become much more dull since the close of the 2000s decade.

Or maybe I'm not on the right sites. I hear tumblr is everything MySpace used to be.

Will we crawl out of this economic trench by the time these kids turn 16? 18? Art doesn't seem to be thriving, based on the sloppily-edited memes found everywhere* on the Internet.

*Maybe not everywhere, but it sometimes seems like there is no point in using websites that aren't in the top 5 regarding popularity, because below the top 5, there appears to be a drastic drop in activity.

Subject: Re: It makes me sad to think of people being born during and after 2010

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/21 at 12:18 am

The Internet is the same as it has been over the many years since it's creation as the APRANET back in 1970s, it has just got bigger and bigger, and the invention of the world wide web by Tim Berners-Lee proposed an information management system on 12 March 1989. Thus becoming the world's best encyclopedia.

Subject: Re: It makes me sad to think of people being born during and after 2010

Written By: NightmareFarm on 05/19/21 at 11:49 pm

I used to think that but then I found out that millennials thought the same thing about me since I was born in Y2K. The Late 00s stuff I find extremely nostalgic was torture to them and equivalent to them of the sheesh I despise from the 10s. Alphas will probably enjoy and look back on fondness the 10s just like I did with the 00s. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/20/21 at 2:11 pm

Yeah I feel bad for people born even a couple years after me let alone those born in 2010. The early 2000s was the last time one could have a "normal" childhood without technology in your face all the time. But even I missed out a completely tech-free childhood since I had a home computer with internet I used sometimes (which is why I am jealous of '90s kids). But I didn't get MSN account until closer to the mid '00s (around 2003). Before that I used the landline phone to talk to my childhood friends and I even played outside! My internet/computer use as a child was pretty minimal. No watching videos or social media, since you couldn't do that anyway. Just visiting basic websites and basic games from time to time. Unlike kids these days which can watch whatever YouTube video or look up whatever they want whenever they want with their phone.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/27/21 at 8:17 am

The highlight of their childhoods is "Baby shark, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo", lol

Written By: BotleyCrew on 06/19/21 at 8:28 pm

people born after 2010 can’t cook… all they know is mcdonald’s , charge they phone, twerk, be bisexual , eat hot chip & lie

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/19/21 at 9:11 pm

people born after 2010 can’t cook… all they know is mcdonald’s , charge they phone, twerk, be bisexual , eat hot chip & lie

;D  ;D  ;D

I used to think that but then I found out that millennials thought the same thing about me since I was born in Y2K. The Late 00s stuff I find extremely nostalgic was torture to them and equivalent to them of the sheesh I despise from the 10s. 

I can top everybody here anyway. I feel bad for anybody born after 1975!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/19/21 at 9:37 pm

;D  ;D  ;D

I can top everybody here anyway. I feel bad for anybody born after 1975!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Haha you got me by 1 year.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/19/21 at 9:48 pm

Haha you got me by 1 year.

I'll make an exception.  ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/21 at 12:27 pm

But they’ll be “woke.”

So they have that going for them. Which is nice.

Check for new replies or respond here...