inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Was 2014 a Bad Year?

Written By: Slim95 on 06/14/21 at 6:08 pm

I'm having trouble remembering if there were a lot of societal/political tensions and mass shootings being reported in 2014. Or would you say this was a pretty tame year overall?

Subject: Re: Was 2014 a Bad Year?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 06/14/21 at 6:24 pm

Personally the first half was godlike and the second half was hell.

Objectively i'd say it's pretty much the same as any other 10s year. I don't think anything stood out about it.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 06/14/21 at 7:34 pm

It was a mediocre year.

Nothing stands out about it to me. The year of disaster for Emohood had already come and gone, and any year 2013 or after, maybe except 2020, sucks in my mind for that reason.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/21 at 11:29 am

I enjoyed 2014, for that was the year I had the cinema pass that gave me the option of seeing unlimited 2D films you want, when you want, as many times as you want!

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 06/15/21 at 12:05 pm

I loved 2014, had fun times in 4th Grade with my friends, and we'd always talk about funny Vines and stuff. Happy was playing EVERYWHERE, Minecraft and FNAF were always on my YouTube feed, my sisters and I always listened to Trumpets, Problem, and Shake It Off, and we travelled to Banff during the summer. Good times 😌

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/15/21 at 7:15 pm

For me it was a bad year, in some ways worse than 2020 but more for personal/work related reasons. I was dealing with stress and anxiety, and almost every morning I woke up knowing my day was going to be miserable.

Pop culture left a lot to be desired as well although there were quite a few good songs like "Rude" by Magic and "Latch" by Disclosure w/Sam Smith, and Sam Smith's album. In news there was the Ferguson incident which sparked the BLM movement, and within the same week one of my favorite actors committed suicide (Robin Williams).

Written By: Slim95 on 06/15/21 at 7:34 pm

For me it was a bad year, in some ways worse than 2020 but more for personal/work related reasons. I was dealing with stress and anxiety, and almost every morning I woke up knowing my day was going to be miserable.

Pop culture left a lot to be desired as well although there were quite a few good songs like "Rude" by Magic and "Latch" by Disclosure w/Sam Smith, and Sam Smith's album. In news there was the Ferguson incident which sparked the BLM movement, and within the same week one of my favorite actors committed suicide (Robin Williams).

Sorry about your anxiety. I'm glad things are better. I guess the Furguson trials really kicked off the craziness of the decade. That's why I guess the first three quarters of 2014 was good, calm, and peaceful.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/19/21 at 3:59 pm

Sorry about your anxiety. I'm glad things are better. I guess the Furguson trials really kicked off the craziness of the decade. That's why I guess the first three quarters of 2014 was good, calm, and peaceful.

Thank you for that! I'm actually starting to feel the same thing about my current work situation. It's not so much anxiety but more of feeling of being overwhelmed and burnt out as we are preparing to return employees to the office. I'll save that for a thread in the 2020's forum.

Check for new replies or respond here...