inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What things from the 10s did you like?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/22/21 at 10:50 pm

It seems most of us dislike the previous decade and feel cathartic criticising it. I am not exempt from this and I could write an essay on why I hated the 2010s.

However, there has to be at least something everyone liked in the ten years that spanned 2010-2019.

As for me, I liked being a kid/preteen during the early 10s for the typical reasons. Having lots of energy, youth, no responsibility, etc etc. I was a lot happier and more energetic back then even compared to my peers. I had lots of great memories back in 2010-mid 2014 that I will never forget.

Speaking objectively, I liked the memes of the early 10s(not the late 10s, memes got soulless after 2015), the 8th generation of gaming(PS4/Xbox one/3DS/Wii U/Switch), some of the TV shows such as breaking bad, mr robot, regular show, overlord, my hero academia, the flash, arrow, etc. For media it was a decent time except for music which was terrible all throughout. Early 10s internet was also quite fun. It still felt non corporate, or at least not completely dominated by corporate control. It feels like there was more creativity back then as well whereas now popular online entertainment is so soulless, unoriginal and corporate like those gamer streamers who all act the same and say the same stupid stuff and are motivated mainly by money rather than heart.

Sorry for rambling but yeah anyways, what did you like from the 10s?

Subject: Re: What things from the 10s did you like?

Written By: violet_shy on 08/23/21 at 1:44 pm

Hmm. I'm going to say, the music. And esp.  the music of 2015 to 2017.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/23/21 at 2:00 pm

Hmm. I'm going to say, the music. And esp.  the music of 2015 to 2017.

I'm guessing you're a fan of EDM

Written By: Contigo on 08/23/21 at 7:04 pm

Medical technology. Its come a long way since I was just a toddler years ago.
If I had my heart attack in the 1970s or 1980s, I would not have survived, but with todays medical technology and surgical techniques, I'm still here. 

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/23/21 at 7:45 pm

Medical technology. Its come a long way since I was just a toddler years ago.
If I had my heart attack in the 1970s or 1980s, I would not have survived, but with todays medical technology and surgical techniques, I'm still here.

A heart attack? That must have been terrifying. I'm sorry to hear that.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 08/23/21 at 9:20 pm

A few songs (Maniac by Kid Cudi, Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jaspen, and Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 come to mind, and actually, I might be forgetting some).

There were a lot of adventures created by people other than Maxis (although I liked their missions as well) created in the 2010-12 period in Spore Galactic Adventures that I thought were really freaking awesome.

Some YouTube Poops.

Some books, such as "Why Does the World Exist?" by Jim Holt, and others that I can't remember at the moment. I think the 2013 copy of that one book I have is nearly a carbon copy of the 2012 copies, but if it isn't, that's why I would possibly rate 2013 higher than 0/10.

Written By: Contigo on 08/24/21 at 11:52 am

A heart attack? That must have been terrifying. I'm sorry to hear that.

Yes, thanks. I was fortunate to recognize the signs at home and shortly after took a cab to the nearest hospital.  My actions probably saved my life. 

Written By: violet_shy on 08/24/21 at 12:33 pm

I'm guessing you're a fan of EDM

Yes, I was. :)

Written By: BotleyCrew on 08/24/21 at 5:07 pm

the dank maymays

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/21 at 5:34 pm

In 2013, we bought a BEAUTIFUL Victorian.

Here is my shameless plug.  :D ;D ;D

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=48369.0

Cat

Written By: woahjoey on 08/25/21 at 12:57 am

The marriage equality ruling "Obergefell v. Hodges" on June 26, 2015. The ruling came out on my one-month anniversary with my boyfriend, and happened to be Pride weekend here in SF.  We went down to the Castro and it was packed! It was an epic celebration. I clearly remember the pain from Prop 8 in CA in '08 so this felt amazing as a young gay person.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/26/21 at 12:49 pm

I didn't like anything. I have some good memories from the mid to late 2010s in my university years, but those were personal life things. There is nothing to be liked about the culture for me. Even GoT and Star Wars ended with sheer disappointment.

Written By: Wink-182 on 08/27/21 at 6:15 pm

I thought Vine could be pretty funny, (9+10=21, Why You Always Lyin', A Potato Flew Around My Room, etc) and meme culture in general I liked, and as some people as said some music that came out during this decade, some Top 100 hits I did like, though this was mostly towards the earlier part of the decade though.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/27/21 at 6:30 pm

I thought Vine could be pretty funny, (9+10=21, Why You Always Lyin', A Potato Flew Around My Room, etc) and meme culture in general I liked, and as some people as said some music that came out during this decade, some Top 100 hits I did like, though this was mostly towards the earlier part of the decade though.

Why you always lyin was pretty funny.

Check for new replies or respond here...