inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 10s is basically a slice of life decade(weird post)

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/25/21 at 1:54 am

You know how in some TV shows or anime you get some seasons which hardly progress the plot forward and have lots of filler?

The 10s feels a lot like that. The only big scale changes was the normalisation of smartphones, gay marriage legalisation and Donald Trump being elected and the whole decade feels relatively stagnant and stable and has a generic "everyday modern life" identity. As weird as this sounds, I feel like if it's true that our universe is be a simulation watched by higher beings, then they probably made the 10s to be a slice of life decade to serve as a break after the hectic, ever changing 00s and to prepare us mentally for this decade which has already shown to be extremely hectic. Perhaps also to experiment a little with their subjects, to tweak our AIs, to troll us for their amusement or to set things in place during that decade.

I mean it's just uncanny that at the end of the 00s you had the recession, then the 10s came and in those 10 years, virtually nothing happened and the very instant the 20s begins in the first week it kicks off with WW3 threats and rumors, australia on fire and a global pandemic and a global lockdown in the first three months. Plus lots of insanely wacky stuff later on like seattle becoming it's own de facto country for 2 months, Lil pump endorsing trump in a rally, the sheesh flinging contest of the 2020 presidential debate, capitol hill riot, etc. Maybe we do live in a simulation or a 5th dimensional cartoon or something lol.

Anyway, rambling over, I should go back to complaining about how the 10s sucked instead for karma.

Subject: Re: 10s is basically a slice of life decade(weird post)

Written By: Slim95 on 08/26/21 at 12:46 pm

Agreed, the 2010s were boring as hell. Some of the tech that came out was kind of cool but nothing revolutionary like the '90s and '00s.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/26/21 at 1:03 pm

Agreed, the 2010s were boring as hell. Some of the tech that came out was kind of cool but nothing revolutionary like the '90s and '00s.

Smartphones and cloud storage was revolutionary but that's about it I think.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/26/21 at 11:33 pm

Smartphones and cloud storage was revolutionary but that's about it I think.

Both of those were invented before the 2010s began.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/27/21 at 10:57 am

Both of those were invented before the 2010s began.

Yeah but they became mainstream/truly integrated into society in the 10s. Which is more relevant than the mere start state of it being invented or put on sale to a decades culture.

Check for new replies or respond here...