inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How Distant do the Mid 2010s feel in Respect to Your Personal Life?

Written By: Slim95 on 09/25/21 at 1:48 pm

For your personal life, how different does it feel? Is it starting to feel distant?

Subject: Re: How Distant do the Mid 2010s feel in Respect to Your Personal Life?

Written By: BotleyCrew on 09/25/21 at 3:44 pm

I was in college, so yes, it feels old

Subject: Re: How Distant do the Mid 2010s feel in Respect to Your Personal Life?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 09/25/21 at 6:22 pm

Feels like eons ago. So much has changed for me since then.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/25/21 at 7:55 pm

It's only been 7 or 8 years since the mid 2010s. It feels like it's been longer though. To me anyway. When I think about my life back then...I have changed so much. And yet something about me remains the same. But I can't figure out what it is lol. It's been that way all of my life. It's like, deep down inside I'm still 13. Lol.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/25/21 at 10:25 pm

Likewise to you guys. I think this pandemic changed everyone. But in the mid 2010s I was only starting university and I was younger and less wise than I am today.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/25/21 at 10:39 pm

Likewise to you guys. I think this pandemic changed everyone. But in the mid 2010s I was only starting university and I was younger and less wise than I am today.

You got wise that fast? It took me until at least my mid 50s before I could consider that maybe I finally possibly had a little bit of wisdom. And that took leaving behind a whole lot of things that I once thought were important.

Written By: Sman12 on 10/01/21 at 3:52 am

It felt distant since COVID hit and basically slowed down everything important in my life.  :-[

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/21 at 3:55 am

It felt distant since COVID hit and basically slowed down everything important in my life.  :-[
COVID-19 did speed up the aspect of online shopping, and the closure of shops on the high street.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/21 at 4:35 am

COVID-19 did speed up the aspect of online shopping, and the closure of shops on the high street.

And ordering food online to the house made things easier and quicker.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/21/21 at 2:33 pm

A while ago but not long ago. I graduated in 2018 so for the most part the mid-2010's were my high school years. My life's changed a lot since then but it still doesn't feel that long ago when I think back. The early 2010's however feel ANCIENT to me

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/22/21 at 5:59 am

Yes, it feels very distant. Not so much time wise but because so much has changed since then. Of course there's the pandemic but we've also had 2 presidents, the music is different, and in my personal life I have since retired from the Navy, moved twice, and worked 3 jobs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/21 at 1:54 am

And ordering food online to the house made things easier and quicker.
Those bicycle deliverers get everywhere!

Check for new replies or respond here...