inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2017 Is So Underatted

Written By: Slim95 on 02/20/22 at 6:51 pm

This year was a cultural bomb for the 2010s. Most of the popular decade's trends were around in 2017 like fidget toys, Pokemon Go, EDM, GoT, etc. Not to mention this was the year of the solar eclipse.

Subject: Re: 2017 Is So Underatted

Written By: NightmareFarm on 02/21/22 at 4:22 am

Music wasn't good that year imo and there were lots of terrorist and alt right attacks as well.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/21/22 at 8:30 pm

Other than some Latin pop songs like Despacito, some R&B songs, and Ed Sheeran there's not much to remember about it. There was the Las Vegas shooting, the Charlottesville VA incident, and an attack in Times Square. It also had a few bad hurricanes, like Harvey in Houston and Maria in PR. I liked 2018 and 2019 a lot better.

Written By: Girli on 01/09/23 at 9:40 am

Unpopular opinion but 2017 was good, I was to busy with school trying to get my grades up to be "immersed" in the culture at the time, but I felt 2017 was kind of "edgy" and for some reason every "end" part of any decade seems to be edgy (well to me at least) when I watch old stuff online I fell the same (late 90s were edgy, late 00s were edgy) but thats just me. I like music from all decades but I do agree late 10s pop music (2017-2019) has something unique about it (nothing wrong with any other pop music from any other decade/or year) the album "Freedom Child" by the script and politicits of living by kodiline was my jam :) (at the time) it felt like at the time the current (and upcoming) bands who released music at the time wanted to "reinvent" the pop wheel by combining Cotemp R&B, Trap, Rock, Arena Pop and all sorts of goodies, and there nothing wrong with that being different is fun 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...