inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song on EE Phone Commercial

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/16/22 at 2:47 pm

From around the mid 2010s, this commercial for EE Phones was doing the rounds on television and in the cinemas.

Please, tell me, please, what is the title of the song sang at the end of the commercial?

HHRd-ctw1Jk

Subject: Re: Song on EE Phone Commercial

Written By: karen on 03/16/22 at 5:15 pm

I can’t remember the name of it. I do remember a viral video of some lad in a Mexican hat singing it

Edited to add: just after posting I remembered that it might be something to do with Numa Numa. Goggling that finds this Wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numa_Numa_(video)

Which names the original as Dragostea Tin Dei by O-Zone

Written By: BotleyCrew on 03/16/22 at 10:43 pm

It's a reference to the Numa Numa Guy viral video from 2004, with the song "Dragostea Tin Dei" by O-zone

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/22 at 2:29 am

It's a reference to the Numa Numa Guy viral video from 2004, with the song "Dragostea Tin Dei" by O-zone
Thank you, I was having trouble locating the title.

Written By: karen on 03/17/22 at 3:30 am

Sorry does my edit not show up?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/22 at 3:42 am

I can’t remember the name of it. I do remember a viral video of some lad in a Mexican hat singing it

Edited to add: just after posting I remembered that it might be something to do with Numa Numa. Goggling that finds this Wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numa_Numa_(video)

Which names the original as Dragostea Tin Dei by O-Zone

Sorry does my edit not show up?
Sorry, it was a case of quickly reading the replies.

Written By: whistledog on 03/25/22 at 5:52 am

I remember when that Numa Numa video went viral.  Everyone thought that song was called Numa Numa and even when told it was "Dragostea Din Tei", many still called it Numa Numa even to this day lol

Check for new replies or respond here...