inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Only Good Popular Song of 2018

Written By: Slim95 on 05/14/22 at 11:35 am

This was the only good popular song in 2018. Every other song sucked.

gV1-RXJvKo8

Subject: Re: The Only Good Popular Song of 2018

Written By: whistledog on 05/18/22 at 4:40 am

New City were only popular in Canada, so you may get a lot of people not ever hearing of that song before.  That was their only hit, and while I thought it was a good song, 2018 had better songs and tons of them.  You just have to know where to look

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/22 at 5:30 am

The only good popular song in 2018:

"Shallow" is a song performed by American singer Lady Gaga and American actor and filmmaker Bradley Cooper. It was released through Interscope Records on September 27, 2018, as the lead single from the soundtrack to the 2018 musical romantic drama film, A Star Is Born. "Shallow" was written by Gaga with Andrew Wyatt, Anthony Rossomando and Mark Ronson, and produced by Gaga with Benjamin Rice. The song received universal acclaim from music critics, who commended Gaga's vocals, the dramatic nature of the composition and the songwriting. Commercially, the song topped the charts in more than twenty countries and reached the top ten elsewhere. It received numerous accolades, including the Academy Award for Best Original Song, the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, the BAFTA Award for Best Film Music and the Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Song. It garnered four Grammy Award nominations, including Record of the Year and Song of the Year while winning for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Song Written for Visual Media. It is currently the 23rd most streamed song on Spotify, and is one of the best selling singles of all time.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/18/22 at 6:47 pm

New City were only popular in Canada, so you may get a lot of people not ever hearing of that song before.  That was their only hit, and while I thought it was a good song, 2018 had better songs and tons of them.  You just have to know where to look

2018 had no other good popular songs though. You can find good songs you "can look for" like you said. But I'm talking about songs on the radio. As the title of the thread suggests. All of the rest of the songs you heard on the radio completely sucked in 2018.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/18/22 at 6:48 pm

The only good popular song in 2018:

"Shallow" is a song performed by American singer Lady Gaga and American actor and filmmaker Bradley Cooper. It was released through Interscope Records on September 27, 2018, as the lead single from the soundtrack to the 2018 musical romantic drama film, A Star Is Born. "Shallow" was written by Gaga with Andrew Wyatt, Anthony Rossomando and Mark Ronson, and produced by Gaga with Benjamin Rice. The song received universal acclaim from music critics, who commended Gaga's vocals, the dramatic nature of the composition and the songwriting. Commercially, the song topped the charts in more than twenty countries and reached the top ten elsewhere. It received numerous accolades, including the Academy Award for Best Original Song, the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, the BAFTA Award for Best Film Music and the Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Song. It garnered four Grammy Award nominations, including Record of the Year and Song of the Year while winning for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Song Written for Visual Media. It is currently the 23rd most streamed song on Spotify, and is one of the best selling singles of all time.

That song was boring.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/18/22 at 8:09 pm

Not sure if these songs were considered popular, but here are my 2 favorite songs of 2018:

DkeiKbqa02g

h5Ne3YcZCVI

In addition I liked some of the songs by Post Malone, the only song by Cardi B that I like since it has the Latin sound, "Move to Miami" by Enrique Iglesias, "2002" by Anna-Maria, "In My Feelings" by Drake, "Lost in Japan" by Shawn Mendes, and plenty of others.

Overall I thought it was a pretty decent year for music, better than 2022 and also better than 2017 and 2019, but not as good as 2020.

Written By: whistledog on 05/19/22 at 12:35 am

2018 had no other good popular songs though. You can find good songs you "can look for" like you said. But I'm talking about songs on the radio. As the title of the thread suggests. All of the rest of the songs you heard on the radio completely sucked in 2018.

Why did your station only play just that one song? :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/19/22 at 1:31 am

That song was boring.
In what way is "Shallow" boring, with it being the best song of the year 2018?

Written By: Slim95 on 05/19/22 at 2:20 pm

Not sure if these songs were considered popular, but here are my 2 favorite songs of 2018:

DkeiKbqa02g

h5Ne3YcZCVI

In addition I liked some of the songs by Post Malone, the only song by Cardi B that I like since it has the Latin sound, "Move to Miami" by Enrique Iglesias, "2002" by Anna-Maria, "In My Feelings" by Drake, "Lost in Japan" by Shawn Mendes, and plenty of others.

Overall I thought it was a pretty decent year for music, better than 2022 and also better than 2017 and 2019, but not as good as 2020.

I hated those songs

Written By: JacobThePlante on 07/03/22 at 2:39 am

In what way is "Shallow" boring, with it being the best song of the year 2018?

probably didn't listen to it more than once. It's the kinda song that seems boring until you realize its genius

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/03/22 at 2:44 am

probably didn't listen to it more than once. It's the kinda song that seems boring until you realize its genius
It cannot be boring when commercially, the song topped the charts in more than twenty countries and reached the top ten elsewhere. It received numerous accolades, including the Academy Award for Best Original Song, the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, the BAFTA Award for Best Film Music and the Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Song. It garnered four Grammy Award nominations, including Record of the Year and Song of the Year while winning for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Song Written for Visual Media. It is currently the 23rd most streamed song on Spotify, and is one of the best selling singles of all time.

Check for new replies or respond here...