inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 2010s Vs Today

Written By: 90skid93 on 03/21/23 at 6:17 pm

In your opinion which time period is worse the 2010s or the current decade we live in?

IMO the 2010s was one of the worst decades ever but the 2020s so far have been worse.

Subject: Re: The 2010s Vs Today

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/21/23 at 7:00 pm

In your opinion which time period is worse the 2010s or the current decade we live in?

IMO the 2010s was one of the worst decades ever but the 2020s so far have been worse.

I tend to think the 2010s, but with the death of both Adobe Flash Player and quiztron.com, I wouldn't be that surprised if the 2020s were objectively worse.

Written By: Howard on 03/22/23 at 6:56 am

I tend to think the 2010s, but with the death of both Adobe Flash Player and quiztron.com, I wouldn't be that surprised if the 2020s were objectively worse.

With the rise of COVID and wearing face masks, I think The 2020's have been bad.

Written By: Big Smoke on 03/22/23 at 7:14 pm

Onlyfans

EDIT: lol imao i did read the fking body I thought OP was talking about comparing the 2010s vs 2020s failed at being the next dave chappleee or whatever the hell that dudes name is.

Written By: Big Smoke on 03/23/23 at 5:00 pm

I know nobody’s will read this but screw iy add I just wants to add;

Dear. Mr.Spiderman,
If you don’t mind me asking, why don’t you like about the previous decade if it’s is because of the “woke”/overly political pop culture I understand I watch someone on YT who occasionally talks about this he also doesn’t watch much 2010s movies either I mostly watch YT but I understand you guys frustration pop culture entertainment is vital in our modern culture we need a escapism we need heroes, story’s, etc that apply to all walks of life without the overall heavy 2010s+ political messages (like we had since 2016😂), I guess SM/internet plays a huge roll and influencing today’s society and tbh while the internet has its advantages this is not one of them it limits creativity. I learned a lot by watching this blokes vids, I learned the importance of pop culture in our society and altering the way it is now has damaging effects on our society. also it seems like the world (2016+) has ALOT of political correctness which I think has been building up since the 90s (from what I heard) but I could be wrong I don't think stuff just came out of nowhere (maybe it was social media but the first five years of 10s were just fine what the heck happened? 

So I get it by my second question is how do you cope? Mr. Spiderman. Do you collect old flip phone ,watch old movies from a certain time period or decorate your house like the00s not browse SM? I’m curious what do you guys do in your spare time to not let things remind you of current decade.
Sorry to go deep into to this like that.
Thanks oh and btw my brothers kids love 💕 your movies

Written By: Big Smoke on 03/23/23 at 5:05 pm

Oh and I also like to add I guess one thing good about the 2010s It was much easier to live like its the 00s and ignore the then current decade  if you think about it back thought most of the decade the 2G/3G towers were still up so in most countries and also in the early part of the decade Windows XP was still supported and if you had the patience and an adblocker... you could get away with using an XP-era computer. could get away with using some Motorola flip phone, find CRT TV's easily (Sinice 2012-2014 ppl were starting to fase them out etc,etc.... oh and maybe an early 2000s PDA (if you wanted) and ignore all the modern stuff so you could in live 2005 despite it being 2015

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/23/23 at 6:32 pm

I’m curious what do you guys do in your spare time to not let things remind you of current decade.

I play older games myself and look forward to whenever I'll be able to afford a CRT.

It's hard for me to not be miserable since I can't use an older phone, or even something that reminds me of one, at the moment (given my finances at the moment).

If I had the resources, the place I live would not have any visible reminders that it's after 2007. At least except for physical copies of media from after that year buried under previously-made stuff.

Written By: Big Smoke on 03/23/23 at 7:02 pm

I play older games myself and look forward to whenever I'll be able to afford a CRT.

It's hard for me to not be miserable since I can't use an older phone, or even something that reminds me of one, at the moment (given my finances at the moment).

If I had the resources, the place I live would not have any visible reminders that it's after 2007. At least except for physical copies of media from after that year buried under previously-made stuff.

ah I see, if you don't mind me asking, if you do buy a cell phone would you get on the reminds of the early-mid 2000s, from what I heard when I lurked around various Nostalgic phone commuintes today's (later 2010s to now) non-smartphone 2000s inspired phones are not  up to what they were the quliaity is poor and they tend to have issues it seems everyone is putting more money into smartphones and it seems to harder finding them unless you use amazon or elsewere and in most cases those phones tend to be expensive for some reason, I have not seen a "blackberry" or "flip phone" inspired phone in person in a while and most phones sold at stores now (at least where I live could be different else were) the most basic of phones are android slaps.

after 2007

also if I may ask why not the whole 2000s decade?

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/23/23 at 8:08 pm

ah I see, if you don't mind me asking, if you do buy a cell phone would you get on the reminds of the early-mid 2000s, from what I heard when I lurked around various Nostalgic phone commuintes today's (later 2010s to now) non-smartphone 2000s inspired phones are not  up to what they were the quliaity is poor and they tend to have issues it seems everyone is putting more money into smartphones and it seems to harder finding them unless you use amazon or elsewere and in most cases those phones tend to be expensive for some reason, I have not seen a "blackberry" or "flip phone" inspired phone in person in a while and most phones sold at stores now (at least where I live could be different else were) the most basic of phones are android slaps.

also if I may ask why not the whole 2000s decade?

There was a video. It may have been 2007 that it was released on YouTube within, but it may have been 2008 alternatively, and some copyright company or another deleted it.

My estimate, for the possibility that it was released in 2007 being true, for the time it was taken down would be November or December of that same year.

I know it may have been that the video was released, let alone taken down, in 2008, instead, and for that reason, I don't get that disappointed if something I like is from November of 2007 or December of 2007. But I usually will try to limit myself to things from during or before October 31st, 2007, just in case.

I do that limiting because I have a small amount of hope that if all that surrounds me is what already surrounded me back then, it could eventually lead my full memory, or as full as possible, of the video being brought back to me.

If I get a new phone, I would try to get one inspired by the Nokia e61, or maybe inspired by the Nokia 3310.

I would want one of the original models, except I don't think they work in the United States anymore (at least in terms of calls and texts). Also, I'd be afraid of losing it from my possession if it's already rare.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/28/23 at 7:49 am

Well we only know the first 3 and about a quarter years of this decade but so far it's been rough with the pandemic, the war in Ukraine, and the post-pandemic tolls. The 2010's at least had the early part which was pretty good/chill overall with upbeat pop-culture, and the late pre-pandemic years were pretty chill as well. The the middle part was rough, especially as it got closer to the 2016 elections. The 2020's at least has colorful and dynamic pop-culture.

Check for new replies or respond here...