inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Back to the Traditional Naming Scheme?

Written By: Slim95 on 01/01/20 at 4:41 pm

Are we back to the traditional way of naming decades now? Because the 2020s have an actual name? Are we back to calling the decades '20s, '30s, '40s, etc. Does everyone agree we are in the '20s right now and people in general are using this to name the decade?  ???

Subject: Re: Back to the Traditional Naming Scheme?

Written By: exodus08 on 01/01/20 at 4:51 pm

Throughout this decade I'll either say 2020s or the '20s.

Written By: temaichi on 01/01/20 at 6:28 pm

I was so suprised to see the amount of people on Twitter and Tik Tok that adressed the 2010's as just "the 10's."

Written By: Sman12 on 01/01/20 at 7:00 pm

I'll interchangeably call this decade the Twenties or 2020s.

Written By: Mascot on 01/01/20 at 7:41 pm

I'll interchangeably call this decade the Twenties or 2020s.

Same. I just say "Twenties" ('20s), "Twenty-Twenties" (2020s), or "Twenty" (for when saying a the year '20 as "Twenty-One" would be for '21).

Written By: 2001 on 01/02/20 at 1:10 am

I was so suprised to see the amount of people on Twitter and Tik Tok that adressed the 2010's as just "the 10's."

The '00s are the only tricky ones and only for North Americans. Brits have no problem saying "the aughts" or "the noughties". Everyone knows what the '10s are, although I have seen people calling them "the twenty teens".

Written By: Mascot on 01/02/20 at 6:13 pm

The '00s are the only tricky ones and only for North Americans. Brits have no problem saying "the aughts" or "the noughties". Everyone knows what the '10s are, although I have seen people calling them "the twenty teens".

Funny enough I also hear "aughts" from British folks. I guess that's just "regional dialect" happening there.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/03/20 at 5:27 am

Funny enough I also hear "aughts" from British folks. I guess that's just "regional dialect" happening there.

Some hillbillies referred to the 2000s as the “double noughts”. I know this one guy Jethro in particular who used to say that.

Written By: Howard on 01/03/20 at 7:20 am

Some hillbillies referred to the 2000s as the “double noughts”. I know this one guy Jethro in particular who used to say that.

I call it "The Twenty-Twenties".

Check for new replies or respond here...