inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Embedded Video/Photo Limit

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/06/20 at 7:03 pm

Please limit the embedded videos to 2 per post and 3 photos per post. This INCLUDES anything within the spoiler function. But you can make as many posts as you would like.

The reason for the limit is that they don't load on some people's devices when there are so many. This is a courtesy to our fellow board members.

Thank you.

Cat 

Subject: Re: Embedded Video/Photo Limit

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/20 at 9:32 am

I agree with the rule in general, but I think threads that are marked as video or image threads shouldn't have this rule applied. Like, if you click those threads you should expect a lot of videos/images.

Written By: nally on 01/09/20 at 12:15 am

I agree with the rule in general, but I think threads that are marked as video or image threads shouldn't have this rule applied. Like, if you click those threads you should expect a lot of videos/images.

It is one thing if every post on one page in a certain thread has imagery, but it is another if any one individual post in any thread has an abundance of them.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/12/20 at 2:15 pm

Is this due to the Atmosphere threads? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/20 at 1:04 pm

Is this due to the Atmosphere threads? ???

This is due to MANY threads.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/19/20 at 8:06 am

Somewhat related subject:  Maybe it is just my iPad, but some people have signature lines that somehow bleed over the bottom of their post section, such that you can’t push the “reply” link.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/29/20 at 1:10 pm

Somewhat related subject:  Maybe it is just my iPad, but some people have signature lines that somehow bleed over the bottom of their post section, such that you can’t push the “reply” link.

Chucky changed the size of the sig line so a lot of them did bleed over. Most people who's did were informed and asked to resize. However, some formats are better than others. Try changing the "theme" in your settings. Go to your profile and under "Look and Layout" you can change the theme. I am using "Core Theme." Hope this helps.

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/12/20 at 7:23 pm

Please limit the embedded videos to 2 per post and 3 photos per post. This INCLUDES anything within the spoiler function. But you can make as many posts as you would like.

The reason for the limit is that they don't load on some people's devices when there are so many. This is a courtesy to our fellow board members.

Thank you.

Cat

Seems like people are not adhering to this again...I just spotted a post on a thread in this very section that contains THREE embeddings. Not only that, all three of them were quoted in the next reply. :o

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 06/16/20 at 5:13 am

Thank you.

Cat

I'll try not to post more than 2 videos but sometimes I have a lot of things to say about certain topics and I can't really guarantee that I can adhere to two videos/post limit.  But I will see how well I manage with posts.  It's hard when I get so excited about something and I absent-mindedly forget that there are rules in place to help people with their mobile devices.  :) :) :) :) :) :) 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/16/20 at 1:59 pm

I'll try not to post more than 2 videos but sometimes I have a lot of things to say about certain topics and I can't really guarantee that I can adhere to two videos/post limit.  But I will see how well I manage with posts.  It's hard when I get so excited about something and I absent-mindedly forget that there are rules in place to help people with their mobile devices.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

You can post two videos on one post and then post again with two more videos. I know it shouldn't make a difference but it does. Like I said, it is a courtesy to our fellow board members who have devices that doesn't load videos very well.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...