inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Major Earthquakes In Puerto Rico

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/20 at 11:33 am

This is happening off the coast where Carlos' family is from. His aunt lives in Guanica. She was ok the last time we talked to her but that was before the last big one hit. The thing is, we are about ready to take our annual trek down there. Don't know what is going to happen.

https://earthquaketrack.com/p/puerto-rico/recent

Cat

Subject: Re: Major Earthquakes In Puerto Rico

Written By: Elor on 01/07/20 at 12:14 pm

Hoping for the best.

Written By: nally on 01/07/20 at 2:48 pm

Hoping for the best.

Ditto.

I had not even heard about any recent quakes there as of yet. Turns out, there have been some (according to the above link).

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/20 at 5:34 pm

We have decided to cancel our trip. Now, we have to get ourselves home. (We are in California right now.)

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/08/20 at 5:58 pm

We have decided to cancel our trip. Now, we have to get ourselves home. (We are in California right now.)

Cat

Ooh, whereabouts? Northern or southern portion of the state?

If you're in the southern portion, maybe you can come visit me! If not...well, that's ok.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/20 at 6:15 pm

Ooh, whereabouts? Northern or southern portion of the state?

If you're in the southern portion, maybe you can come visit me! If not...well, that's ok.

We are close to San Bernadino but we are only here for a few more days and we are hoping to spend that time with our two granddaughters who live here-which is the reason why we came out. We haven't had much time with them yet because everyone else was here, too. We were hoping that this time would be ours to spend with them because everyone else went home-EXCEPT Carlos' ex.  ::)  She likes to dominate the kids' time so we need to find some time when we spend with the girls without her hovering.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/08/20 at 6:20 pm

We are close to San Bernadino but we are only here for a few more days and we are hoping to spend that time with our two granddaughters who live here-which is the reason why we came out. We haven't had much time with them yet because everyone else was here, too. We were hoping that this time would be ours to spend with them because everyone else went home-EXCEPT Carlos' ex.  ::)  She likes to dominate the kids' time so we need to find some time when we spend with the girls without her hovering.

Cat

That's great. Thanks for the update!

We have passed through that area on occasion (via I-210 or I-10), particularly when driving out to my grandparents' place in the desert (including several frequent trips in 2016-17 after my grandfather's passing to clean out the place/put it up for sale)... but for the past three years we have been grateful to not have to go there anymore. (No disrespect intended.)

Written By: Senor Teletubby on 01/09/20 at 10:18 am

My plan to drive to Puerto Rico to assist in assisting them has been cancelled due to there being no roads connecting Florida to Puerto Rico.  I wish I had known this before spending thousands and thousands of dollars on a rental car and luggage.  >:(

Check for new replies or respond here...