inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How is your 2020 going so far?

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/08/20 at 8:37 pm

I literally see people complaining about how their 2020 has been hell despite it only being 8 days in. I personally have been having a great 2020. I've been traveling & having lots of fun, how about y'all?

Subject: Re: How is your 2020 going so far?

Written By: rapplepop on 01/08/20 at 8:39 pm

Just been working and resting, not too much. Been a lot of troubling news around the world this past week but luckily we (probably) just avoided a war with Iran, so that's a very good thing!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/08/20 at 8:43 pm

It's getting better day by day.  :)

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/20 at 8:49 pm

Not liking this start of the year, TBH, for reasons that don't need repeating. :(

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/08/20 at 9:11 pm

Not liking this start of the year, TBH, for reasons that don't need repeating. :(

I hope it gets better  :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/20 at 10:14 pm

I hope it gets better  :\'(

To clarify, I was talking about the Iran situation. Personal life wise I'm carrying on as normal (which is good, I liked 2019) :P

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/08/20 at 10:20 pm

To clarify, I was talking about the Iran situation. Personal life wise I'm carrying on as normal (which is good, I liked 2019) :P

I thought that's what you meant at first, but then thought maybe you were speaking personally. Anyways, hopefully everything calms down now and we can get this impeachment trial rolling soon, but with witnesses to testify.

Written By: annimal on 01/08/20 at 10:24 pm

I have something that needs to be taken care of but think I'll be overjoyed when it does.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 01/08/20 at 10:45 pm

... I honestly don't know.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/08/20 at 11:00 pm

Many days are a struggle as I am likely going to have some or all of my stomach and esophagus removed this year.  But making the most of my good days.  Enjoying life in my own house on my own 9 acres.  Working on things in the garage and practicing music without any housemates or close neighbors to disturb.  Thankful I still have a job in this economy, been engineering with the company 21 years now.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/20 at 7:07 am

It's OK so far, just give me another couple of more months and I'll let you know about my 2020.

Written By: Sman12 on 01/09/20 at 7:29 am

Well, I'm also recovering from all the tension and shock that came with the US-Iran crisis.  ;D But other than that, it's going pretty good. I'm enjoying the Jeopardy "Greatest of All Time" primetime special on ABC, I have a better relationship between me and my stepmom, and I'm about to watch "The Mandalorian" to see what all the fuss is about.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/09/20 at 7:30 am

I’m trying to make it at least decent.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/09/20 at 5:52 pm

It's going alright, but it will get better.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/20 at 7:57 pm

It’s a great year.

I’ll never get tired of winning.  8)

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/09/20 at 7:59 pm

So far, so good. I mean with world events it was a tough week with Australia, Iran, and Puerto Rico but personally it's been pretty good. Just taking it one day at a time.

Written By: Sman12 on 01/09/20 at 11:44 pm

Update: "The Mandalorian" is great so far. If you haven't seen it yet, you MUST.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/10/20 at 3:50 am

So far, 2020 is good, but hectic for me.

Written By: MSP10julia on 02/20/20 at 2:25 pm

So far, this year is been a wild ride. My mom just got a brand new car and I'm planning to get the latest iPhone really soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/20 at 11:15 am

So far, 2020 is good, but hectic for me.
Gradually getting smoother for me.

Written By: Sman12 on 02/24/20 at 11:41 am

My stepmom and I are bickering again.  >:(

Written By: Slim95 on 02/25/20 at 12:16 pm

It's going really good. This is a transitional year for my personal life, lots of changes happening with family and personal life and stuff.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 02/26/20 at 2:18 pm

Update: "The Mandalorian" is great so far. If you haven't seen it yet, you MUST.

If you haven’t seen it, the influx of Baby Yoda merchandise this year will remind you of “The Mandalorian” on Disney+.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/28/20 at 3:11 am

Started looking for things to do so I'm not sitting around the house on weekends, joined a gym for starters, and as long as this year isn't a repeat of last year that's an improvement. Work has been going mostly good, I feel appreciated there at least. Still I don't want to get overly optimistic.

Written By: That2004Kid on 03/01/20 at 1:51 pm

A bit of a slow start in the first few weeks of January, but awesome ever since  :D :D :D (hopefully it says that way  ;D)

Written By: Sman12 on 03/01/20 at 2:08 pm

I am hopeful that March will be a fresh new start for me!  :)

Written By: annimal on 03/01/20 at 3:21 pm

Well February has had breezy and overcast days and for the first day of March, I'm still cold in overcast weather.  We'll see if the weather and other things get better

Written By: imrane on 03/01/20 at 4:58 pm

Not so well as I put my leave notice in and don't have a job line up. At least now know I'm not the corporate 9 to 5 person. I'm on Xanax as I hate working in a call center. I will pursue modeling and singing, it's high time I follow my dreams. :)

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/20 at 5:10 pm

2020 not bad  so far. Usually I experience a sort of slump/winter blues at the beginning of the year. I did in 2020, but it has been mainly confined to January. February, especially late February, has been good, and March looks set to be solid.

Anything May until about October or so NEVER fails me. It's all uphill from here!

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/01/20 at 7:21 pm

The year 2020 so far has been ruined by the Coronavirus (Covid-19). People cannot do a thing at church anymore or anywhere for that matter.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/01/20 at 11:07 pm

The year 2020 so far has been ruined by the Coronavirus (Covid-19). People cannot do a thing at church anymore or anywhere for that matter.

I know, right? This virus really sucks.  >:(

Written By: goodbants on 03/02/20 at 4:11 am

Actually it’s been amazing. My grades are good, I finally have my depression under control, I’m eating healthy and losing weight.. I couldn’t be more pleased.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/02/20 at 7:10 am

Usually March is the month that determines how the rest of the year will go for me. For example, if I end up being a bit more happier in March of any year, I’m usually going to like the rest of the year. If I hate March, then I usually know it’s going to be a terrible year.

So March 2020 will probably set up the vibe for me for the rest of the year.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/02/20 at 9:03 am

This March, I'll be hopeful, because I might actually get another job after my other job site closed down unexpectedly.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/20 at 4:19 pm

Not so well as I put my leave notice in and don't have a job line up. At least now know I'm not the corporate 9 to 5 person. I'm on Xanax as I hate working in a call center. I will pursue modeling and singing, it's high time I follow my dreams. :)

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Howard on 03/02/20 at 4:19 pm

This virus has made people crazy.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/20 at 4:20 pm

This March, I'll be hopeful, because I might actually get another job after my other job site closed down unexpectedly.

What will you be doing?

Written By: Dundee on 03/02/20 at 5:47 pm

The current state of the world makes me almost already nostalgic of the late 2010s tbh :P.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/02/20 at 6:02 pm

What will you be doing?

Working at a retail job until I go to another college.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/03/20 at 6:22 am

For me personally? The new decade has been great: it’s my daughter’s first birthday on Friday. I love my job and I have a lovely wife, who is helping me build a decent nest egg. The only thing that could be better is I want to be writing more but can’t find the motivation.

However, for the rest of the world it appears to be going dismally. I feel like I’m staring societal collapse in the face.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/20 at 6:39 am

For me personally? The new decade has been great: it’s my daughter’s first birthday on Friday. I love my job and I have a lovely wife, who is helping me build a decent nest egg. The only thing that could be better is I want to be writing more but can’t find the motivation.

However, for the rest of the world it appears to be going dismally. I feel like I’m staring societal collapse in the face.
Happy birthday to your daughter in advance.

For me, my home is gradually being refitted, and gradually taking shape.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/20 at 7:25 am

Working at a retail job until I go to another college.

Like a department store?

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/03/20 at 11:33 am

Happy birthday to your daughter in advance.

For me, my home is gradually being refitted, and gradually taking shape.

Thanks! And good luck with your house work; I know the highs and lows of that situation from experience and here’s wishing you an easy time of it.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/03/20 at 11:59 am

Like a department store?

Yeah, it's an Old Navy. It ain't much, but it helps with the job experience.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/20 at 12:10 pm

Thanks! And good luck with your house work; I know the highs and lows of that situation from experience and here’s wishing you an easy time of it.
I see it as a challenge in working out to survive, with the cooking, and water facilitates, etc.

Written By: Howard on 03/03/20 at 1:43 pm

Yeah, it's an Old Navy. It ain't much, but it helps with the job experience.

You're going to be on the cash register?

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/04/20 at 5:40 pm

The Coronavirus has muffled all of the noise I once made about living in the 2020s. You cannot even touch hand sanitizers in an office without wondering who touched the hand sanitizer before you. It was always like that, but it jumps out at you more now than ever.

Otherwise, Super Tuesday is talk of the week. Looks like it will be Biden versus Donald Trump this year.

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/20 at 6:00 pm

The Coronavirus has muffled all of the noise I once made about living in the 2020s. You cannot even touch hand sanitizers in an office without wondering who touched the hand sanitizer before you. It was always like that, but it jumps out at you more now than ever.

Otherwise, Super Tuesday is talk of the week. Looks like it will be Biden versus Donald Trump this year.

Thankfully there's no community spread where I'm at yet, but with this talk of it spreading in New York City it's only a matter of time.  :-\\

Written By: imrane on 03/09/20 at 1:19 pm

Good Luck. :)

Thanks, Howard!
All the best to you too!  :)

Written By: Sman12 on 03/09/20 at 5:18 pm

You're going to be on the cash register?

I don't know. The hiring manager says she'll call me when she has an interview for me.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/12/20 at 2:26 pm

How about now? It was one thing when the Coronavirus was just in Asia, Italy, and the West Coast of the US. Now it's in our own backyards and expected to get worse, along with other consequences that may result from it (especially economically and culturally).

Written By: Dundee on 03/12/20 at 3:30 pm

Started fine but has gone sour. My uni is now in quarantine for two weeks, everything in my country is slowly getting closed off and paranoia is running rampant.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/12/20 at 3:33 pm

Started fine but has gone sour. My uni is now in quarantine for two weeks, everything in my country is slowly getting closed off and paranoia is running rampant.

I am sorry about that but I didn't know you were dealing with that when I made that comment  on that thread or if other people are going through that themselves. I am not dealing with that myself. I am just living my life and I'm not in fear which is why things are going well for me personally.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/12/20 at 5:43 pm

I hope you, your friends and your family are safe

Written By: Howard on 03/13/20 at 8:05 am

I am sorry about that but I didn't know you were dealing with that when I made that comment  on that thread or if other people are going through that themselves. I am not dealing with that myself. I am just living my life and I'm not in fear which is why things are going well for me personally.

Just live your life day by day.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/13/20 at 10:16 am

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/08/05/us/05onfire1_xp/05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Written By: temaichi on 03/13/20 at 10:22 am

This is not what i asked for when i said "2020" is gonna be my year. I hope we all make it out alive.
When i first heard about the virus, i was trying to not be dramatic like everyone else, but it is spreading so quickly and i am really concerned for my loved ones. I get so paranoid nowadays whenever i leave my house.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/13/20 at 1:14 pm

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/08/05/us/05onfire1_xp/05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

And the fire is not even real fire but fear mongering from the news and media.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/20 at 1:48 pm

It's putting so much panic into everyone, it's making the whole world crazy!  :o

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/13/20 at 4:52 pm

I dunno, I’d call our medical infrastructure’s inability to house let alone treat all the infected kind of a fire. And add on top of that a government that has completely abdicated its responsibility for acknowledging let along resolving the issue, sheesh’s gonna fly far and fast.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/20 at 11:17 pm

Ontario shut down its schools and colleges/universities for the next month. Gonna happen in Alberta too soon enough.

I thought you would have a lot more to say about the oil price crash. It was 82 cents today.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/14/20 at 1:05 am

Ontario shut down its schools and colleges/universities for the next month. Gonna happen in Alberta too soon enough.

I thought you would have a lot more to say about the oil price crash. It was 82 cents today.

Went down to 77.9 tonight.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/20 at 1:12 am

Went down to 77.9 tonight.
Will this reflect in the UK?

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/14/20 at 6:06 am

This is not what i asked for when i said "2020" is gonna be my year. I hope we all make it out alive.
When i first heard about the virus, i was trying to not be dramatic like everyone else, but it is spreading so quickly and i am really concerned for my loved ones. I get so paranoid nowadays whenever i leave my house.

Normally the summer Olympics years are supposed to be the good years. They have always been as long as I can remember. Not sure what changed recently. 2016 wasn't so great either, although it had some good pop culture, but I don't think I'll ever feel nostalgic for that year. Unless this thing blows over and everything goes back to normal in a few weeks, we will want to erase this year from our memories.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/20 at 6:10 am

Normally the summer Olympics years are supposed to be the good years. They have always been as long as I can remember. Not sure what changed recently. 2016 wasn't so great either, although it had some good pop culture, but I don't think I'll ever feel nostalgic for that year. Unless this thing blows over and everything goes back to normal in a few weeks, we will want to erase this year from our memories.
All I can say about the 2016 Summer Olympics (Rio) is that I was in a foreign land and there was no free coverage of the events on television, so I missed out on it.

Written By: imrane on 03/15/20 at 8:34 am

Hopefully big corporations start offering work from home options. Not sure how big supermarkets can go around that. Working in an office or store with lots of people is bad. Too bad it's the small businesses that will suffer the most from closures.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/16/20 at 8:30 pm

Going allright

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/16/20 at 11:25 pm

Elderly people and other medically vulnerable people matter.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/16/20 at 11:38 pm

Elderly people and other medically vulnerable people matter.

So you believe everything the media tells you? Because I sure don't.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/16/20 at 11:57 pm

So you believe everything the media tells you? Because I sure don't.

Nope. But, not everything "the media" says is a lie.

I'm guessing you only believe what you want to believe.

I tell you what...when big money is freaking out and pulling the heaviest strings to save itself, you should get the hint that something is wrong.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/17/20 at 12:23 am

Nope. But, not everything "the media" says is a lie.

I'm guessing you only believe what you want to believe.

I tell you what...when big money is freaking out and pulling the heaviest strings to save itself, you should get the hint that something is wrong.

Something is wrong but it ain't any virus. What's wrong is those people you think care about you and are wanting to protect you. The government doesn't care about anyone.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/17/20 at 1:24 am

Something is wrong but it ain't any virus. What's wrong is those people you think care about you and are wanting to protect you. The government doesn't care about anyone.

See...the thing is...that kind of talk raises red flags. As an American, I'm well acquainted with people who say "the government doesn't care about anyone." But 80% of them almost always bend the knee to some right-wing government autocrat who "says what they're thinking."

But maybe I'm wrong in your case. Please, give us a detailed report on what's wrong.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/17/20 at 1:55 am

See...the thing is...that kind of talk raises red flags. As an American, I'm well acquainted with people who say "the government doesn't care about anyone." But 80% of them almost always bend the knee to some right-wing government autocrat who "says what they're thinking."

But maybe I'm wrong in your case. Please, give us a detailed report on what's wrong.

I don't bow down to any government, neither left wing or right wing. I just think there is more to the story they aren't telling us. There were flu epidemics for many years but nothing like this. I may be wrong too. But I think there is more to the story than just a random flu popping up out of nowhere.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/17/20 at 3:15 am

Yesterday, all my ailments seemed so far away...

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/17/20 at 3:44 am

I don't bow down to any government, neither left wing or right wing. I just think there is more to the story they aren't telling us. There were flu epidemics for many years but nothing like this. I may be wrong too. But I think there is more to the story than just a random flu popping up out of nowhere.

If you ever voted or plan to vote...you bow. Sorry but I just don't trust where your logic leads people to. Your logic is unbelievably vague, paranoid, nonsensical, and uncircumstantial.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/17/20 at 8:37 am

Your logic is unbelievably vague, paranoid, nonsensical, and uncircumstantial.

If he is paranoid, that doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/17/20 at 1:30 pm

If he is paranoid, that doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.

WHO is out to get us?!

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/17/20 at 2:51 pm

WHO is out to get us?!

"THEY"

Written By: Slim95 on 03/17/20 at 2:59 pm

If you ever voted or plan to vote...you bow. Sorry but I just don't trust where your logic leads people to. Your logic is unbelievably vague, paranoid, nonsensical, and uncircumstantial.

I don't vote anymore

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/17/20 at 3:07 pm

"THEY"

Tyrion: Podrick...
Podrick: Yes, my lord?
Tyrion: They'll be following you now.
Podrick: Who will?
Tyrion: I don't know! THEY, THEY, the ominous THEY!

Sorry. I had to.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/17/20 at 5:07 pm

Well he’s Canadian, so at least he’s not our problem.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/20 at 6:54 pm

That's because it is not a flu. It is a coronavirus, like SARS.

This sh*t is serious. I have gone from wearing the same shirt 2, or 3 times before washing it to washing it after every wear. If that isn't a cultural shift then I don't know what is.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/20/20 at 7:46 pm

This has got to be the absolute worst year of my life so far. I can’t stand hearing the news about the coronavirus. And I’m constantly having to worry about experiencing graduation and stuff. I feel absolutely hopeless and I feel like the world is against me. I haven’t felt this way since summer 2016, which was a terrible time for me. I feel like I’m living in hell right now and can never escape. It’s like a nightmare that I can’t wake up from. Sometimes I’d imagine scenarios where I just kill my self and everything returns back to normal, but I know that won’t happen. Literally just horror. I have no idea how I’m going to survive the next nine months.

Written By: mqg96 on 03/20/20 at 7:55 pm

This has got to be the absolute worst year of my life so far. I can’t stand hearing the news about the coronavirus. And I’m constantly having to worry about experiencing graduation and stuff. I feel absolutely hopeless and I feel like the world is against me. I haven’t felt this way since summer 2016, which was a terrible time for me. I feel like I’m living in hell right now and can never escape. It’s like a nightmare that I can’t wake up from. Sometimes I’d imagine scenarios where I just kill my self and everything returns back to normal, but I know that won’t happen. Literally just horror. I have no idea how I’m going to survive the next nine months.

https://iconsplace.com/wp-content/uploads/_icons/fa8072/256/png/two-hearts-icon-15-256.pnghttps://iconsplace.com/wp-content/uploads/_icons/fa8072/256/png/two-hearts-icon-15-256.pnghttps://iconsplace.com/wp-content/uploads/_icons/fa8072/256/png/two-hearts-icon-15-256.png

Sending hearts out to you Rainbowz. Thankfully I'm not finishing college this semester, but I'm unbelievably stressed and frustrated right now having to stay home with my parents away from college and these classes being 100% online the rest of the semester and it's a huge pain.  >:(  I haven't been in the mood myself the last week or so as well. We will all have to get through this no matter how painful this is. All lifetime generations have to go through abnormal events like this, and unfortunately it's not easy to get adjusted to this lifestyle.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/20/20 at 10:17 pm

Besides the unfortunate Coronavirus shutting everything down, I'm doing much better than I was six months or even a year ago. I'm about to move into an apartment next weekend with friends.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/20/20 at 10:28 pm

Besides the unfortunate Coronavirus shutting everything down, I'm doing much better than I was six months or even a year ago. I'm about to move into an apartment next weekend with friends.

Same as me. Oddly enough as the world gets darker my personal life got better.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/20/20 at 10:57 pm

I'm sorry that you're dealing with a lot of unfortunate things right now. The virus really put a strain in millions of lives in hundreds of countries, including ours (my dad had his job site closed down due to the pandemic and is now unemployed).

But I know you'll make it through this, despite the hardships and obstacles that comes your way.  :)

Written By: Slim95 on 03/20/20 at 11:26 pm

I'm sorry you're going through that.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/20/20 at 11:31 pm

That's awesome. Congrats! O0

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/21/20 at 12:43 am

That's awesome. Congrats! O0
Thank you! I'm glad my nightmare is over. :)

Written By: That2004Kid on 03/21/20 at 1:42 am

Really hope things get better  :\'(

Written By: KatanaChick on 03/21/20 at 4:18 am

Before all of this I was more positive and now my morale has gone down, not going to lie. I briefly made a friend or so I thought, who I'd been getting together with for a board game on weekends and he up and ghosted me already. People suck.  >:(

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 03/21/20 at 5:27 am

Was going FANTASTIC, until two weeks ago! I got allergies acting up then a global pandemic happens... >:( >:( >:(

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/21/20 at 8:23 am

How about now? It was one thing when the Coronavirus was just in Asia, Italy, and the West Coast of the US. Now it's in our own backyards and expected to get worse, along with other consequences that may result from it (especially economically and culturally).

2018- early 2020 were my best years as an adult. At the moment, my 2020 has temporarily taken a decline due corona virus hysteria. I won't lie, a couple days ago, I was feeling a little down about everything going on and I've had to cancel my travel plans this weekend. However, I'm starting to come back around. I am optimistic that these lockdowns will be suspended sometime in April and then I will be able to travel and enjoy the nightlife again.

I'm thankful to still have a stable job, without reduced hours. I can even work extra hours if i choose. Certain loans and bills have been put on hold by some companies which is also good to hear.

Was going FANTASTIC, until two weeks ago! I got allergies acting up then a global pandemic happens... >:( >:( >:(

I've got allergies too. I made sure to take my medicine early on and now my allergies have stopped after 5 days. Are you taking any allergy medicine?

Written By: Howard on 03/21/20 at 4:01 pm

Just feel better Rainbowz! :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/21/20 at 4:51 pm

Sorry it's going so rough, Rainbowz.  I believe deeply it's all gonna get better.  This community, we're here to cheer you on.  We're pulling for you.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/22/20 at 7:01 am

I briefly made a friend or so I thought, who I'd been getting together with for a board game on weekends and he up and ghosted me already. People suck.  >:(

I mean, there is a fudgeing global pandemic going on...maybe hanging out, for your own health and safety, is not the best idea right now.

Written By: youngbull316 on 03/23/20 at 3:19 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that. It is a rough time right now, but it isn’t all that bad. I know you might not believe in God, but he is there and he loves you. And he does want you to have a relationship with him. Even though things are terrible now, it will get better.

Written By: goodbants on 03/23/20 at 5:03 pm

I’m just glad I’m in a better place mentally to cope with all of this right now. Things could be a lot worse and I’m grateful for the circumstances I’m in.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/23/20 at 5:36 pm

I’m just glad I’m in a better place mentally to cope with all of this right now. Things could be a lot worse and I’m grateful for the circumstances I’m in.

Me too. And I have God with me (as a Christian).

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/23/20 at 5:46 pm

What 2020? Time is standing still at the moment.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/23/20 at 9:34 pm

What 2020? Time is standing still at the moment.

So true. The cultural aspect of 2020 doesn't even exist to me now thanks to people staying at home and not freely moving out to do whatever.

Maybe things could take a turn for the better later this year, but for now, the hottest pop-culture trend is COVID-19.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/23/20 at 9:50 pm

So true. The cultural aspect of 2020 doesn't even exist to me now thanks to people staying at home and not freely moving out to do whatever.

Maybe things could take a turn for the better later this year, but for now, the hottest pop-culture trend is COVID-19.

The jokes about COVID-19 in particular are popular:

WUHAN AIN’T NOTHING TO F*** WITH: https://mypresidentshirt.com/product/coronavirus-wuhan-aint-nothin-to-fudge-with-covid-19-shirt/

Written By: Sman12 on 03/25/20 at 9:11 am

The jokes about COVID-19 in particular are popular:

WUHAN AIN’T NOTHING TO F*** WITH: https://mypresidentshirt.com/product/coronavirus-wuhan-aint-nothin-to-fudge-with-covid-19-shirt/

Lmao. On a time like this, laughter is the best medicine. But since we're dealing with a pandemic, maybe it's ONE of the best.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/25/20 at 11:34 am

Lmao. On a time like this, laughter is the best medicine. But since we're dealing with a pandemic, maybe it's ONE of the best.

Here’s another on:

COVID spelled backwards is DIVOC and what DIVOC is going on?

Written By: Howard on 03/25/20 at 4:27 pm

Here’s another on:

LOL That was funny, OMF.

Written By: Sman12 on 03/25/20 at 4:54 pm

Here’s another on:

All right, that was a good one.

Written By: oldmusicfan on 03/26/20 at 6:56 pm

I feel better knowing that movie, TV show, book, toy, and video game creators and producers are building on what has been successful in the past year all the way into this year right now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/29/20 at 8:07 am

What can I say... ?

Written By: woahjoey on 05/30/20 at 9:09 pm

My 2020 so far:

Turned 26
Learned that my mom's dementia is worse than I was originally told :(
Helped with the CA primary election here in San Francisco and it was awesome! However this occurred late Feb / very early March right before quarantine became what is now.
Graduated grad school with a Masters in Public Health, seems very fitting during these times
Celebrated my 5-year anniversary with my partner. I love him so much and am very happy and fortunate to have something so solid during these chaotic times.
My partner and I are moving and will have our own apartment again after having roommates for the past 3.5 years. It is not an ideal time to be apartment hunting, especially in SF where rents are sooo high but due to covid I think prices are a *tad* lower than a few years ago.

All in all, with everything happening in my life and around me as a human citizen, there is a new chapter opening up. IDK where this new chapter will take me but I am hopeful and ready.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/30/20 at 9:29 pm

My city Philadelphia, like other cities across America, is under a riot.  :(

Written By: nally on 05/30/20 at 9:40 pm

which I myself am also aware of. :\'(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/30/20 at 10:36 pm

What a year. What a year. 2020 is for the historic books, folks. We're living in historic times.

I've always wondered what it must have been like to live through 1968. Well, 2020 is 1968 on steroids with a dash of crack cocaine. America is a war zone right now and we're STILL in the middle of a global pandemic (we've largely forgotten about the coronavirus due to recent events).

Unbelievable. Also, if the 4 officers who participated in the murder of George Floyd don't get convicted, then America will be burnt down to the ground. I'm not advocating for that but the anger will be insurmountable at that point.

I'm a young Black man and these are truly horrific & scary times to be living in :(.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/30/20 at 10:37 pm

What a year. What a year. 2020 is for the historic books, folks. We're living in historic times.

I've always wondered what it must have been like to live through 1968. Well, 2020 is 1968 on steroids with a dash of crack cocaine. America is a war zone right now and we're STILL in the middle of a global pandemic (we've largely forgotten about the coronavirus due to recent events).

Unbelievable. Also, if the 4 officers who participated in the murder of George Floyd don't get convicted, then America will be burnt down to the ground. I'm not advocating for that but the anger will be insurmountable at that point.

I'm a young Black man and these are truly horrific & scary times to be living in :(.

Pretty crazy stuff, that's why I try to turn off the news.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/30/20 at 10:42 pm

This is by far the most historic year I've lived so far. Not even the 2016 Election can compare to what is happening right now.

Written By: wagonman76 on 05/30/20 at 10:50 pm

For me it’s a throwback to the riots after the Rodney King beating in 1991.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/30/20 at 11:19 pm

I hate to sound like a broken record (to use an appropriate, if somewhat dated term), but as someone who DID live through 1968 I can tell you that the saving grace was that the music was so incredibly better.  And movies, and the arts in general. There was also a sense of idealism among youth that isn't really there now. There was a genuine counterculture. A lot of it turned out to be unrealistic in the end, but it was nonetheless beautiful. People felt they could change the world.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/31/20 at 2:10 am

I hate to sound like a broken record (to use an appropriate, if somewhat dated term), but as someone who DID live through 1968 I can tell you that the saving grace was that the music was so incredibly better.  And movies, and the arts in general. There was also a sense of idealism among youth that isn't really there now. There was a genuine counterculture. A lot of it turned out to be unrealistic in the end, but it was nonetheless beautiful. People felt they could change the world.

You never know maybe some kind of counterculture will come.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/31/20 at 4:41 am

2020 has made me realise that I really don’t like working from home.

Written By: LooseBolt on 05/31/20 at 6:23 am

My 2020 has made me realize I gotta get out of this country: https://streamable.com/u2jzoo

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/31/20 at 6:52 am

I don't think a single city was spared from rioting. Even San Diego which is one of the safer quieter cities in the United States.

It's like a combination of 1918 and 1968 (and 1992 in recent history). I wish it could be more like 2004 and 1988, but it's only when I listen to music or watch movies from those years, which won't matter to anyone else.

My 2020 has made me realize I gotta get out of this country: https://streamable.com/u2jzoo

Same here. My wife is an immigrant and may not have a choice but to leave, and I'm willing to leave with her.

That's the one part I like. Actually for my personal life aside from my wife's immigration situation, it hasn't been too bad. I just have to turn off the media.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/31/20 at 7:31 am

You never know maybe some kind of counterculture will come.

I tend to doubt it. In order for there to be a counterculture there has to be a CULTURE to run counter to. In the 60s there was a monoculture, as it is now termed. There were three television networks, CBS, NBC and ABC (and PBS, then known as NET, but it has very little programming at the time). Everybody knew everything that everybody else knew, basically. (Don't confuse this with everybody THINKING or FEELING the same way, everybody just KNEW all the same things). Nowadays everybody is in their own silos, their own echo chambers, their own playlists, their own news, their own "facts", their face stuck in their phones. Twitter and Facebook (for those who still use Facebook) use algorithms to curate news to you that they already know you agree with. People talk about "my truth" ("I express 'my truth'"), as if anyone had a monopoly on TRUTH. Truth exists beyond "your truth". So even with coronvirus (the closest thing to everybody thinking ONE THING at the same time since the old days of the monoculture) and the current riots and unrest, I don't think a genuine counterculture can emerge, because the world just isn't set up that way anymore.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/31/20 at 8:27 am

I don’t see why there needs to be a counterculture anyway - as noted, people can largely curate their own cultural input as there are now endless sources of entertainment instead of 3 TV channels and the radio. That’s the good thing about popular culture becoming increasingly decentralised.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/31/20 at 1:13 pm

I don’t see why there needs to be a counterculture anyway - as noted, people can largely curate their own cultural input as there are now endless sources of entertainment instead of 3 TV channels and the radio. That’s the good thing about popular culture becoming increasingly decentralised.

I agree on that. Anyone can make their own opinions and will have certain platforms to get really popular.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/31/20 at 1:40 pm

That's bad though because there won't be a mainstream counter culture. But it is what it is.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/20 at 3:40 pm

Here in New York the very same thing as you.  :(

Written By: Howard on 05/31/20 at 3:42 pm

And waiting for the bus this afternoon coming home, I witnessed a protest for George Floyd.  :o

Written By: Howard on 05/31/20 at 3:43 pm

I watch the news but sometimes I can't stand it either.

Written By: 2001 on 05/31/20 at 4:12 pm

Why not? That's the best part about 2020 ;D

Written By: goodbants on 05/31/20 at 5:20 pm

Wow  :-[ just coming here to lament with you guys about what a surreal year this has been. I joined my city’s first day of protests two days ago. I was on the sidelines mostly as I didn’t want to get tear gassed. It was unreal seeing it in person. Police throwing tear gas, sparks flying, people running. They are going out again for the third day and our city has an 8 pm curfew today. A 22 year old black man from my city got shot by a white supremacist and died yesterday during the riots. Stay safe y’all

Written By: goodbants on 05/31/20 at 5:34 pm

Was 1968 as crazy as 2020? Was there more or less unrest or was it pretty much the same?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/31/20 at 5:59 pm

Was 1968 as crazy as 2020? Was there more or less unrest or was it pretty much the same?

It was a more constant, consistent unrest because of the Vietnam War. With even bigger flareups for such events as the assassination of Martin Luther King, which set off riots all over the country. Robert Kennedy was killed that year also, but I don't recall that one causing unrest as much as making people really, really bummed out.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/31/20 at 6:00 pm

Wow  :-[ just coming here to lament with you guys about what a surreal year this has been. I joined my city’s first day of protests two days ago. I was on the sidelines mostly as I didn’t want to get tear gassed. It was unreal seeing it in person. Police throwing tear gas, sparks flying, people running. They are going out again for the third day and our city has an 8 pm curfew today. A 22 year old black man from my city got shot by a white supremacist and died yesterday during the riots. Stay safe y’all

What city do you live in?

Also, I hope that you stay safe! :)

Written By: goodbants on 05/31/20 at 6:20 pm

What city do you live in?

Also, I hope that you stay safe! :)

I live in Omaha. Nothing like this has ever happened here in my lifetime. It’s a relatively small city.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/31/20 at 7:37 pm

I live in Omaha. Nothing like this has ever happened here in my lifetime. It’s a relatively small city.

Yeah, you're in Nebraska. Nebraska is a small overwhelmingly White state. Even though, Omaha has a decent-sized Black population.

I live in the most populous city in the country (New York City) so I'm more used to protests.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 05/31/20 at 7:50 pm

It's good. I mean, my life in general, it still sucks, but I have a lot more time on my hands to lessen the likelihood of it staying that way.

Such as crawling towards finishing a stack of books I've been on for literally years, and being able to devote time to studying Japanese.

Written By: 2001 on 05/31/20 at 8:29 pm

It's good. I mean, my life in general, it still sucks, but I have a lot more time on my hands to lessen the likelihood of it staying that way.

Such as crawling towards finishing a stack of books I've been on for literally years, and being able to devote time to studying Japanese.

I have also been reading tons and studying French.

Written By: LooseBolt on 05/31/20 at 8:30 pm

I've written a few thousand words of my novel.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/31/20 at 11:55 pm

And waiting for the bus this afternoon coming home, I witnessed a protest for George Floyd.  :o

This will probably change American policing forever.  :o

Written By: Howard on 06/01/20 at 3:58 am

They were protesting when I was waiting for the bus coming home from work.  :o

Written By: Howard on 06/01/20 at 4:00 am

Yeah, you're in Nebraska. Nebraska is a small overwhelmingly White state. Even though, Omaha has a decent-sized Black population.

I live in the most populous city in the country (New York City) so I'm more used to protests.

I saw one when I waiting for a bus coming home from work.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/20 at 4:08 am

There was a peaceful protest march for George Floyd in London yesterday, and social distancing was not observed.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/01/20 at 9:38 am

There was a peaceful protest march for George Floyd in London yesterday, and social distancing was not observed.

Well, that's worrying.

I'm probably gonna expect a second peak of cases in the U.S. after so many people were congested together in protests.  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/20 at 9:47 am

Well, that's worrying.

I'm probably gonna expect a second peak of cases in the U.S. after so many people were congested together in protests.  :o
...and with recent National Holidays and the hot weather there has been more people in the parks and at the seaside, I fear three weeks time another peak, lockdown has been eased now, allowing more freedom of movement, I am being sensible by staying safely at home.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/01/20 at 10:10 am

That's bad though because there won't be a mainstream counter culture. But it is what it is.

"Mainstream counterculture" is a contradiction in terms. By definition a counterculture runs counter to the mainstream. Back in the 60s days of the ccounterculture, countercultural things were frequently called "underground". For example, there were "underground" movies, "underground" albums, they existed outside the mainstream.

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/01/20 at 10:34 am

I have no motivation to do any work, there are too many distractions and I have no separate work space which I hate (just my bedroom and an open plan living/kitchen).

I wouldn’t mind working from home a day or two every week but not on a permanent basis.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/20 at 10:35 am

It is a shorter walk to the kitchen than to the coffee machine at work?

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/01/20 at 2:14 pm

It is a shorter walk to the kitchen than to the coffee machine at work?

It’s a 200ft walk to the bathroom and kitchen at work.

Sometimes it’d be nice to work from home. No distractions.

But in the winter it’s nice to not have to pay to keep the house warm all day while I’m at work. Also use their TP, Kleenex, trash, dishes and silverware, etc. Especially when I’m on overtime I use very little resources at home.

But I don’t have high speed internet yet so I can’t work from home. Hopefully this year. They’ve been running lines down my road lately.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/20 at 2:20 pm

But in the winter it’s nice to not have to pay to keep the house warm all day while I’m at work. Also use their TP, Kleenex, trash, dishes and silverware, etc. Especially when I’m on overtime I use very little resources at home.

But I don’t have high speed internet yet so I can’t work from home. Hopefully this year. They’ve been running lines down my road lately.
If I was in the position to be working from, I would have too many distractions.

Written By: 2001 on 06/01/20 at 2:24 pm

Winter is actually when working from home is best for me. It takes me two hours sometimes to get home when it's snowing. Something about arriving at home at the night makes me depressed too with the early sunsets.

I hate commuting in general though no matter the season.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/01/20 at 2:36 pm

Winter is actually when working from home is best for me. It takes me two hours sometimes to get home when it's snowing. Something about arriving at home at the night makes me depressed too with the early sunsets.

In that case totally. I live 9 miles away so 12 minutes in the summer and no more than 20 minutes on bad roads in the winter.

Written By: Howard on 06/02/20 at 7:47 am

Were they wearing masks?

Written By: Howard on 06/02/20 at 7:49 am

I like coming home when it's nice and sunny out.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/02/20 at 8:22 am

Were they wearing masks?

Sadly, nope.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/george-floyd-protests-uk-export-tear-gas-rubber-bullets-shields-us-a9543106.html

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/02/20 at 9:15 am

Were they wearing masks?
...and many did not pay attention to social distancing.

Written By: Emman on 06/02/20 at 6:33 pm

This year is like the great depression and the urban uprisings of the Sixties happening at the same time :o.

In my state(Georgia) the national guard is on standby to be deployed. We might have the active military in the streets of most major American cities this summer, a literal police state!

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/02/20 at 6:41 pm

This year is like the great depression and the urban uprisings of the Sixties happening at the same time :o.

More like the great depression and the urban uprisings of the Sixties and the great pandemic of 1918 happening at the same time. Social distancing has completely gone down the toilet in this time of protest and unrest. People have forgotten the pandemic because they are so sheeplike now with groupthink that they can only concentrate on one thing at a time, but they will be sorry.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/02/20 at 7:17 pm

More like the great depression and the urban uprisings of the Sixties and the great pandemic of 1918 happening at the same time. Social distancing has completely gone down the toilet in this time of protest and unrest. People have forgotten the pandemic because they are so sheeplike now with groupthink that they can only concentrate on one thing at a time, but they will be sorry.

Yeah, I expect a lot more COVID cases from these protests, which is really unfortunate.

But I think the trauma of people watching or rewatching the clip of George Floyd being murdered desensitized them to the point where they had to voice their anger in  massive protests and not worry about COVID-19 (which I think they should). I'm not saying the narrow yet large amount of protestors were good, but I just wanted to give a different perspective.

Written By: LooseBolt on 06/02/20 at 8:09 pm

Well, that's worrying.

To be honest, we were bound for a second wave anyway, what with all the states reopening prematurely.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/02/20 at 8:36 pm

To be honest, we were bound for a second wave anyway, what with all the states reopening prematurely.

Looks like my worst nightmare could be unfortunately true.  :(

Written By: Howard on 06/03/20 at 4:22 am

In my state(Georgia) the national guard is on standby to be deployed. We might have the active military in the streets of most major American cities this summer, a literal police state!

mine are just about everywhere now.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/03/20 at 9:43 am

Looks like my worst nightmare could be unfortunately true.  :(

You mean Round 2 of lockdowns?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/03/20 at 1:33 pm

For instance in London today?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2020/6/3/4f529528-89c6-40fb-ab5b-2a77cdfacf9f.jpg

Written By: Sman12 on 06/03/20 at 4:55 pm

For instance in London today?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2020/6/3/4f529528-89c6-40fb-ab5b-2a77cdfacf9f.jpg

What a huge crowd.  :o And the UK is already in a decline of new cases.

Written By: violet_shy on 06/03/20 at 5:01 pm

Last night I heard choppers going around, I guess they were making sure there were no people outside. I don't really know why they were around though. Anyway, my year is going pretty well. I am focusing on my studies and music. Looking forward to my milestone birthday in September! I'm excited!

So far it is a good year in my personal life.

Written By: Howard on 06/04/20 at 8:07 am

Please no more lockdowns.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/20 at 8:13 am

Please no more lockdowns.
That is down to the people being sensible and staying alert.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 10/01/20 at 1:02 am

Holy crap. It's October. From my standpoint, it feels like only 3 months of this year have passed.

I can only hope I can maintain the solitude required to finish these books, at least up until the end of this year.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/01/20 at 4:11 am

Holy crap. It's October. From my standpoint, it feels like only 3 months of this year have passed.

Indeed, the last six months have flown by.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/01/20 at 7:43 am

Well that's a good thing, although at the same time it feels like it's been 2020 for 5 years with so much packed into a period of several months.

Anyhow I feel it's time count my blessings instead of losses. Myself and no one in my family have been tested positive for COVID, and I enjoy working from home. I was bummed about not being able to recreate my childhood memory of driving across country like in the summer of 1988, so instead we just took a mini road trip in state.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/20 at 3:11 pm

This whole year has almost flown by so quickly.  :o

Written By: Howard on 10/01/20 at 3:12 pm

Well that's a good thing, although at the same time it feels like it's been 2020 for 5 years with so much packed into a period of several months.

Anyhow I feel it's time count my blessings instead of losses. Myself and no one in my family have been tested positive for COVID, and I enjoy working from home. I was bummed about not being able to recreate my childhood memory of driving across country like in the summer of 1988, so instead we just took a mini road trip in state.

I think people will be happy that 2020 will be over in just 3 months.

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/02/20 at 12:00 am

Feels like 2 years have passed already.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/02/20 at 7:20 am

I think people will be happy that 2020 will be over in just 3 months.

But I think they'll be disappointed when 2021 finally gets here and nothing has really changed.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/20 at 7:44 am

But I think they'll be disappointed when 2021 finally gets here and nothing has really changed.

Well, we'll see when 2021 gets here.

Written By: Sman12 on 10/02/20 at 9:46 am

2020 could be a decade in and of itself. So many historically significant things are happening all at once.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/02/20 at 12:05 pm

2020 could be a decade in and of itself. So many historically significant things are happening all at once.

Yeap, it literally makes 2019 feel like it was as long ago back as 2009 was.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/20 at 1:47 pm

I know, it's like one event after another.  :o

Written By: jaminhealth on 10/27/20 at 4:46 pm

Considering the poor souls worldwide, I'm doing just fine.  I've been eating good, relying on friends/family for stuff, so the small inconvenience for me is a bit of a panic about toilet paper....of all things.... 

And due to shortages I've had to stop delivery of water I had for years and now using tap water, I'm very much anti fluoride in our public waters, but now I'm drinking tap water and
still alive months later.    And less plastic bottles in the universe dumps...

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/27/20 at 7:04 pm

One good thing about this year, my commute to work is walking down the stairs to the home office in the basement. I almost forgot how bad the traffic was and how much I hated driving. It could have been a lot worse as I could be unemployed.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/20 at 2:11 pm

This 2020 has been upside down so I cannot wait for it to be over.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/30/20 at 11:49 pm

This year has been a roller-coaster. It started out good I thought then in the middle it was terrible then later on okay but not great. Just a crazy roller coaster.

Written By: 2001 on 10/30/20 at 11:58 pm

This year has been a roller-coaster. It started out good I thought then in the middle it was terrible then later on okay but not great. Just a crazy roller coaster.

We have the opposite experience. I thought the year started off bad but was good in the middle. That just might be my winter hate and summer love though.

As the year winds down I'm excited for the next generation of video game consoles :D

Written By: Howard on 10/31/20 at 3:24 pm

It's had it's ups and downs.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/31/20 at 10:50 pm

It's had it's ups and downs.

People have been focused on the downs, and I get it, the news has been depressing. But some times you have to proverbially stop and smell the roses.

Written By: jaminhealth on 10/31/20 at 10:57 pm

I can't wait for the elections to be over, then we'll know more about which way we'll be going -- Biden more lockdowns/masks -- Trump open up the economy and not as much emphasis on masking.....

My continual mantra:  Strengthen your own immune systems.   

Written By: Slim95 on 10/31/20 at 11:15 pm

I can't wait for the elections to be over, then we'll know more about which way we'll be going -- Biden more lockdowns/masks -- Trump open up the economy and not as much emphasis on masking.....

My continual mantra:  Strengthen your own immune systems. 

Neither of them have any say. US was on lockdown for a month and Trump was against it and it still happened. I believe it is the higher up health officials who make those calls. Neither Biden nor Trump could do much about it. In Canada, masking is up to the city as a local bylaw (which is odd they give that much power to the cities). And lockdowns were also up to the WHO.

In regards to this, the only difference between Biden and Trump the two would be the talking points.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/20 at 4:00 am

People have been focused on the downs, and I get it, the news has been depressing. But some times you have to proverbially stop and smell the roses.

You have a point there, sometimes it's better to be focused on he ups than have yourself to be depressed about the downs.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/01/20 at 3:56 pm

Neither of them have any say. US was on lockdown for a month and Trump was against it and it still happened. I believe it is the higher up health officials who make those calls. Neither Biden nor Trump could do much about it. In Canada, masking is up to the city as a local bylaw (which is odd they give that much power to the cities). And lockdowns were also up to the WHO.

In regards to this, the only difference between Biden and Trump the two would be the talking points.

Well, in the U.S. the two big lockdown states are CA and NY and both run by Dem gov and mayors,,,

The president does have influence over people and what "he" does, like Biden always wears a mask, Trump not....and Trump at least has talked about zinc and Biden never mentioned any healing therapies......pathetic in my life and mind. 

Written By: Slim95 on 11/01/20 at 4:05 pm

Well, in the U.S. the two big lockdown states are CA and NY and both run by Dem gov and mayors,,,

The president does have influence over people and what "he" does, like Biden always wears a mask, Trump not....and Trump at least has talked about zinc and Biden never mentioned any healing therapies......pathetic in my life and mind.

Well wasn't the lockdown nation-wide in the US during March? If so, how does Trump have any say then given he is against it? If he did have a say, the lockdown wouldn't happen. But it did, all over the country.

Unless I'm mistaken and some states didn't have the lockdown? I thought the entire country was on lockdown. I thought it was ordered nation-wide. That's why they have videos of many cities in the US being on lockdown.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/01/20 at 4:52 pm

Well wasn't the lockdown nation-wide in the US during March? If so, how does Trump have any say then given he is against it? If he did have a say, the lockdown wouldn't happen. But it did, all over the country.

Unless I'm mistaken and some states didn't have the lockdown? I thought the entire country was on lockdown. I thought it was ordered nation-wide. That's why they have videos of many cities in the US being on lockdown.

There was never a "nationwide lockdown", nor am I certain it would have been constitutional to do so. It would certainly have been murky, legally to say the least. It was all up to state's rights. Constitutional authority for ordering major public-health interventions, such as mass quarantines and physical distancing, lies primarily with U.S. states and localities. Some states did it sooner than others. Some were holdouts. I take it you are from another country and were not familiar with the fact that the US did not have a nationwide lockdown or how these things operate?

Written By: 2001 on 11/01/20 at 5:41 pm

Zinc is for colds.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/01/20 at 6:40 pm

Zinc is for colds.

Zinc is a healing mineral, colds or not....And plenty have even commented the virus was a horrid cold...

Good  to keep learning about what is what.... 

https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/best-benefits-of-zinc/

Written By: 2001 on 11/01/20 at 8:41 pm

Zinc is a healing mineral, colds or not....And plenty have even commented the virus was a horrid cold...

This is what I read about zinc in the book How to Survive a Pandemic by Michael Greger MD (decent book btw although it was 90% about H5N1 bird flu). Let's hope I don't get hit by copyright claim for posting this.

https://i.imgur.com/BthNTei.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xPLsxu1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Jxcn9bf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jTKXLVZ.jpg

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/01/20 at 9:20 pm

I remember taking zinc as a teenager because it was suggested as a natural cure for acne. It didn't really help, but in all fairness to zinc, NOTHING did. Not even strong prescription stuff from doctors. It just had to run it's course. Acne was a big problem for teenagers when I was young. I'm not sure it still is. I seldom see teenagers with it these days. Or at least not as bad as kids had it when I was young.

Written By: 2001 on 11/01/20 at 9:35 pm

I remember taking zinc as a teenager because it was suggested as a natural cure for acne. It didn't really help, but in all fairness to zinc, NOTHING did. Not even strong prescription stuff from doctors. It just had to run it's course. Acne was a big problem for teenagers when I was young. I'm not sure it still is. I seldom see teenagers with it these days. Or at least not as bad as kids had it when I was young.

I used benzoyl peroxide. It turns your skin black and red for a few weeks and then poof! Acne gone. I think most kids today go on Accutane. When I was a teen this prescription drug was falsely linked to suicide/depression because a politician's child committed suicide while on it and he needed something to blame.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/01/20 at 9:58 pm

I used benzoyl peroxide. It turns your skin black and red for a few weeks and then poof! Acne gone. I think most kids today go on Accutane. When I was a teen this prescription drug was falsely linked to suicide/depression because a politician's child committed suicide while on it and he needed something to blame.

This reminds me of the Diane Linkletter story. It occurs to me that most people here are probably too young to know about it.  Diane Linkletter was the daughter of prominent 1960s TV personality Art Linkletter. He seemed to be a genial, decent guy, and probably was. His daughter Diane, like many in the 1960s, experimented with LSD a handful of times. One day Diane jumped out a window and committed suicide. Art was convinced she was on LSD when she did this and  he basically went on tour for the rest of his life condemning LSD, the culture that spawned it, the music bands that "promoted" it, etc, etc, etc. He even made a record about it which actually got airplay on the radio and won a Grammy. All this despite the fact that the autopsy and toxicology report stated that she had no LSD in her body and the fact she had confided in friends the night before her death that she was despondent that she couldn't have her own career because she wasn't taken as her own self, only as "Art Linkletter's daughter". Essentially she committed suicide because she was Art Linkletter's daughter, not because she was on acid. This didn't stop old Art from crusading for the rest of his life that LSD and LSD culture had killed his daughter.

Written By: jaminhealth on 11/01/20 at 10:23 pm

Voice 70's, I can vaguely recalling Linkletter's daughter's death....

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/01/20 at 10:44 pm

Voice 70's, I can vaguely recalling Linkletter's daughter's death....

Yes, it was quite a big deal at the time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 3:47 am

Preparing for the second lockdown.

Written By: Howard on 11/02/20 at 2:53 pm

Preparing for the second lockdown.

Did it already happen? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 2:54 pm

Did it already happen? ???
Starts here in the UK on Thursday.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/02/20 at 5:04 pm

Starts here in the UK on Thursday.

Wouldn't another lockdown cripple the economy though?

Written By: 2001 on 11/02/20 at 9:23 pm

Depends what kind of lockdown and what you call "the economy". Making a 10 cent coffee at home instead of spending $2 at Tim Hortons gets registered as a 95% collapse in GDP and makes for scary news headlines, but quality of life is minimally impacted.

I'm pretty sure in most cases a collapse in the healthcare system is worse for the economy (and quality of life) than closing bars and restaurants. We are seeing more deaths from advanced stage cancers for example because people didn't get screened in March/April. In Winnipeg they again recently cancelled all elective and diagnostic surgeries to make room for COVID-19 patients. (and in Canada/UK and other countries with single-payer healthcare systems everyone has to pay more through taxes for excess healthcare costs).

Written By: Howard on 11/03/20 at 7:15 am

It might happen and shutting down business again could start.

Check for new replies or respond here...