inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This May be The Last Decade Ever...

Written By: Slim95 on 01/08/20 at 10:34 pm

Given what's going on in the news and the fear about WW3 in people's minds. If WW3 were to happen, this may be the last decade ever. There may be the apocalypse before 2030. So live your life in the moment, day by day, and appreciate the time you have. We never know but it is very possible and likely! I say this because the events in the world are like some we've never seen before... Fires everywhere, earthquakes and natural disasters everywhere, talks of WW3, etc. If WW3 happens there would be a nuclear disaster. This may be the last decade ever before the world ends and the apocalypse may happen in the 2020s.

Subject: Re: This May be The Last Decade Ever...

Written By: annimal on 01/08/20 at 10:39 pm

maybe, maybe not.  I try very hard not to focus on the worst possible things that could happen.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/08/20 at 10:46 pm

I mean this with the best intentions but please get a grip. Fearmongering helps absolutely nobody and you’re being ridiculously irresponsible if you’re going around telling people that the apocalypse is ‘very possible and likely’ before 2030. You’re scaring people for no good reason.

World War 3 isn’t on the horizon. This isn’t the 1960s. There is no war with Iran, let alone anyone else. Calm down ffs.

Written By: wagonman76 on 01/08/20 at 10:50 pm

Could be but maybe not.  I don't think too much different is going on than any other time.  It's just that these days due to technology we know about everything bad in the world at a moment's notice.

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/20 at 10:53 pm

I'm just worried about this war with Iran. Natural disasters happen every year and casualties are minimal. Climate change does mean we will need to change our way of life, though.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/09/20 at 12:07 am

I'm just worried about this war with Iran. Natural disasters happen every year and casualties are minimal. Climate change does mean we will need to change our way of life, though.

Yeah the war is really something I am keeping my eyes on. It could go any way now.

Slowpoke, let me tell you. I've lived on this planet for 25 years and I have never in my life seen so many summer days as I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years where the city I live in is under smoke and the air quality is horrible because of forest fires nearby... These natural disasters are getting much worse along with the fires. But I agree with you, the war with Iran is something that mainly should be worried about.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/09/20 at 12:10 am

I mean this with the best intentions but please get a grip. Fearmongering helps absolutely nobody and you’re being ridiculously irresponsible if you’re going around telling people that the apocalypse is ‘very possible and likely’ before 2030. You’re scaring people for no good reason.

World War 3 isn’t on the horizon. This isn’t the 1960s. There is no war with Iran, let alone anyone else. Calm down ffs.

It's the reality of the situation. And if anything I am being encouraging in saying live life in the now, in the present, and cherish the days we have and not be anxious of the future. We'll see what will happen. I'm not a psychic, just a possible outcome given what's going on in the world and in the news now.

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/09/20 at 3:28 am

So live your life in the moment, day by day, and appreciate the time you have.

Yes, agreed. And stop complaining about the present and learn to love the culture! :D

Written By: Sman12 on 01/09/20 at 5:33 am

This. Now while there are things that I disagreed with, like the claim that Soleimani was going to plan more attacks on Americans (which hasn't been corroborated so far), Iran has been de-escalating their tensions with the U.S. and vice versa, considering that both countries don't want to seek war with each other.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/20 at 7:01 am

Given what's going on in the news and the fear about WW3 in people's minds. If WW3 were to happen, this may be the last decade ever. There may be the apocalypse before 2030. So live your life in the moment, day by day, and appreciate the time you have. We never know but it is very possible and likely! I say this because the events in the world are like some we've never seen before... Fires everywhere, earthquakes and natural disasters everywhere, talks of WW3, etc. If WW3 happens there would be a nuclear disaster. This may be the last decade ever before the world ends and the apocalypse may happen in the 2020s.

I wouldn't worry about what's happening overseas I just worry about living in the now.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/09/20 at 8:54 am

This. Now while there are things that I disagreed with, like the claim that Soleimani was going to plan more attacks on Americans (which hasn't been corroborated so far), Iran has been de-escalating their tensions with the U.S. and vice versa, considering that both countries don't want to seek war with each other.

Someone could fart in the Middle East and certain people would be screaming WW3 is about to happen. It’s absurd. That part of the world is a mess and probably always will be. Both Iran and the US have backed away from a potential conflict so it’s business as usual again.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/09/20 at 9:09 am

no it’s not lol please stop

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/20 at 9:40 am

Yeah the war is really something I am keeping my eyes on. It could go any way now.

Slowpoke, let me tell you. I've lived on this planet for 25 years and I have never in my life seen so many summer days as I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years where the city I live in is under smoke and the air quality is horrible because of forest fires nearby... These natural disasters are getting much worse along with the fires. But I agree with you, the war with Iran is something that mainly should be worried about.

Oh that is true, I didn't know you lived near the fires. Last year was brutal eh. I think it can only get worse unfortunately, but fortunately no one has died yet (not that I know of). It's just going to be increasingly sucky living with it.

Written By: 2001 on 01/09/20 at 9:41 am

Yes, agreed. And stop complaining about the present and learn to love the culture! :D

If inthe00s learns to love the current culture it might really be the end times ;D

Written By: Senor Teletubby on 01/09/20 at 10:20 am

Will it all end in 2067? Yes!!

Written By: annimal on 01/09/20 at 10:28 am

war or not  there is good in bad,    sometimes things end and then better things come along.  Get out of the negative view.

Written By: temaichi on 01/09/20 at 1:09 pm

WW3 will not happen. Twitter is just tweaking again. :D
It takes a lot of countries for a world war to start.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/09/20 at 6:21 pm

No, I try my best to live and enjoy life and be happy about everything else but I have the right to whine about the pop culture if it sucks. I will NEVER love this culture.

Written By: annimal on 01/09/20 at 6:37 pm

You have the right to disagree not whine. 

Written By: Slim95 on 01/09/20 at 6:44 pm

I have the right to do anything it's a free country.

Written By: annimal on 01/09/20 at 7:05 pm

gotta pay your taxes buddy

Written By: Senor Teletubby on 01/09/20 at 7:26 pm

You whine quite often. Every one is a loud to whine.  I whine.  I wine too!

Written By: annimal on 01/09/20 at 7:49 pm

better make sure I don't have any pies then  I like tossing things.

Written By: wixness on 01/09/20 at 8:53 pm

It may be the last decade ever to happen because of a meteor that might hit and destroy Earth the same way it killed off the (non-avian) dinosaurs. I'm not sure about WW3 just yet - I think it would take a great deal of cooperation between the world's nations to orchestrate something like it, as in the previous two world wars that were able to happen largely because of supranational alliances. I could be wrong either way and we may live to see the 2030s.

Written By: annimal on 01/09/20 at 9:04 pm

get ready cause here pie comes

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/10/20 at 4:44 am

I will NEVER love this culture.

Man, did I call it or did I call it? You will never be happy because you are determined to always be unhappy. It doesn’t matter if the ‘10s end or trap dies, or we all get scooped into Heaven with the Rapture - you will always find something to whine about.

Nobody likes a whiner, bub.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/10/20 at 9:04 am

http://youtube.com/watch?/v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/10/20 at 10:26 am

http://youtube.com/watch?/v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
And I feel fine

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/10/20 at 10:27 am

And I feel fine

Time I had some time alone...

Written By: Slim95 on 01/10/20 at 11:50 am

Man, did I call it or did I call it? You will never be happy because you are determined to always be unhappy. It doesn’t matter if the ‘10s end or trap dies, or we all get scooped into Heaven with the Rapture - you will always find something to whine about.

Nobody likes a whiner, bub.

Who said I am not happy?  ??? I am happy. I can be happy while hating the pop culture. Pop culture isn't life. In fact, if you base your happiness on the pop culture that's very, very sad...

Like I said, I am happy but I will NEVER like this pop culture and I will always hate it. I have EVERY right to do that.

Subject: This May be The Last Decade Ever...

Written By: Dude111 on 04/30/22 at 5:35 pm

So live your life in the moment, day by day, and appreciate the time you have.

Yes this statement is more important than anyone realises!!!

Written By: duenas8 on 05/03/22 at 6:42 pm

A chinese-taiwanese war is very likely to happen according to many experts around the web, an alleged invasion could start even before 2030.
The taiwanese semiconductor monopoly and a maritime route blocked by Taiwan would be the main reasons for Xi Jinping.

Check for new replies or respond here...