inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Please update me on young men fashion

Written By: imrane on 01/13/20 at 11:35 am

Hey, what's up, a 1988 born here. :) Everyone thinks I'm at least 10 years younger so why not embrace it? I dress very ordinary - plain jeans, plain shirts, sometimes a hoody to work (no dress code), on some days in the winter I look like an accountant lol with my sweaters. Can anyone younger like 18-25 upgrade me on what are some popular styles that I can use to become more trendy? I'd prefer something that is not very faddish, so something more classy like from the early 2010s which would still work today is also welcome! I'm 6' tall and quite skinny.

What I won't do: an undercut! I have a very frizzy, wavy hair anyway.

Subject: Re: Please update me on young men fashion

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/13/20 at 5:45 pm

Well you can forget about parachute pants. They have not come back yet.

Written By: 2001 on 01/13/20 at 7:43 pm

I'm almost 27 and dress my age but things like jean jackets, Chelsea boots (and other leather boots/shoes), colourblock sweaters, and a baggy sweatshirt, and of course, skinny jeans are some of the "trendy" items I own.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/13/20 at 7:57 pm

I'm almost 27 and dress my age but things like jean jackets, Chelsea boots (and other leather boots/shoes), colourblock sweaters, and a baggy sweatshirt, and of course, skinny jeans are some of the "trendy" items I own.

I would say jean jackets and Chelsea boots are "timeless" rather than "trendy".  I wore them in the 70s and still do today when the spirit behooves me. 

Written By: 2001 on 01/13/20 at 8:17 pm

I would say jean jackets and Chelsea boots are "timeless" rather than "trendy".  I wore them in the 70s and still do today when the spirit behooves me. 

That's true, that's why I wear them. I don't touch trends unless I'm confident they're lasting at least 5+ years :P

But you could say they are more popular than normal at the moment.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/13/20 at 8:39 pm

I’m 25 and don’t really have a specific style - some days I dress more sporty with skinny joggers and white trainers; others I dress more smart-casual with black skinny jeans, turtlenecks, chelsea boots and denim jackets, and I still wear plaid shirts like it’s 2015 because I will forever love plaid shirts.

I don’t strongly follow fashion trends but I do love chunky shoes. I have more pairs of chunky boots and chunky trainers than I’d care to admit. I also have at least 12 half-zip sweatshirts like this: https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-sweatshirt-with-half-zip-in-brown/prd/13330612?

Check for new replies or respond here...