inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early/Mid 90s babies are getting up in age.

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/16/20 at 7:36 pm

:o I can't even believe it myself.

I'm so used to us being the core youth that it's kinda surreal we're hitting the later part of our 20s and early 30s.

1990 babies will be 30.
1991 babies will be 29.
1992 babies will be 28.
1993 babies will be 27.
1994 babies will be 26.

That is just incredible to lol  ;D

I also notice more focus on Generation Z rather than Millennials. Gen Z are now starting to become the punching bags of older folk. When someone young does something stupid, I now see people saying "Generation Z is so ." It used to be Milleninals getting all the backlash and now it's the new generations turn to deal with all those annoying a** people. People are even using the word Millennial synonymously with young people less frequently.

Tbh I'm kinda glad there's a little less focus on us but as of right now, it seems Generation Z's treatment from older people is tame compared to the bs Millennials had to deal with.  ;D

Also, I see some Generation Zers expressing how they wish they were Millennials instead and how they hate their generation. Chile I never thought I'd see the day THAT would happen. People have always said everything is a cycle, but seeing it with your own eyes is much more impactful than just hearing it.

Subject: Re: Early/Mid 90s babies are getting up in age.

Written By: 2001 on 01/16/20 at 7:43 pm

Never thought I'd get this old, to be honest. I thought I'd be a kid forever, but now I'm here! STILL playing Pokémon!

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/16/20 at 7:47 pm

Never thought I'd get this old, to be honest. I thought I'd be a kid forever, but now I'm here! STILL playing Pokémon!

And I'm STILL watching Sailor moon. As a matter of fact, I'm debating on getting a Sailor Moon tattoo. I've figured if I'm still a fan at this age, I'm probably be a fan forever.

Written By: 2001 on 01/16/20 at 7:49 pm

And I'm STILL watching Sailor moon. As a matter of fact, I'm debating on getting a Sailor Moon tattoo. I've figured if I'm still a fan at this age, I'm probably be a fan forever.

I remember seeing during the Pokémon GO craze a dude with Pokémon tattoos all across his arms and calves. It was sick.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/17/20 at 12:25 pm

Why are you excluding us ‘95 babies?  :\'( We’re going to be closer to 30 than 20 this year.

Written By: 2001 on 01/17/20 at 1:03 pm

Why are you excluding us ‘95 babies?  :\'( We’re going to be closer to 30 than 20 this year.

Bruh some people are hitting 30 this year. Have some RESPECT for the dead.

Written By: Mascot on 01/17/20 at 1:28 pm

All those 30 year olds are becoming ancient hags.  Good thing I will remain 18 for all eternity.  8)

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/17/20 at 1:34 pm

Well I’m practically the living dead at 25.  8)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/17/20 at 1:37 pm

If you’re living dead, than I’m at the tail end of my Golden Years 8).

Written By: 2001 on 01/17/20 at 1:37 pm

When I hit 25 my then-boyfriend told me I was "a middle-aged young person".

Written By: woahjoey on 01/18/20 at 1:26 am

I turn 26 next month. Going out now it's surreal when I think how me and my boyfriend (same age) aren't the youngest at the club.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/18/20 at 3:19 pm

When I hit 25 my then-boyfriend told me I was "a middle-aged young person".

I remember reading a quote along the lines of ‘50 is the youth of old age, 40 is the old age of youth’. 25 is therefore the middle age of youth.

Written By: exodus08 on 01/18/20 at 4:57 pm

I’ll be 30 in May and I’m ok with it. A lot of people on Reddit say that they feel like they’re in their 20s at the age of 35-38.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/18/20 at 5:03 pm

I’ll be 30 in May and I’m ok with it. A lot of people on Reddit say that they feel like they’re in their 20s at the age of 35-38.

30 is one of the best ages - you’re still young and arguably in your prime, but you usually have more money and get taken a bit more seriously by older people.

Enjoy it. You’ll be looking back on your 30s in 20 years and thinking ‘I wish I was 30 again’.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/18/20 at 9:28 pm

30 is one of the best ages - you’re still young and arguably in your prime, but you usually have more money and get taken a bit more seriously by older people.

Enjoy it. You’ll be looking back on your 30s in 20 years and thinking ‘I wish I was 30 again’.

early 30's are still young, but feels like a bigger responsibility age with higher expectations compared to your 20's, still sounds scary when I think about it, but again, I still have most of my 20's ahead of me. It's not til you hit 25 when the 2nd half of your 20's begin. That's not me yet.

Written By: fusefan on 01/18/20 at 9:36 pm

Damn right! I’m Turning 30 in March and I’m not scared! Some people are stuck in this 1960s mindset where it’s all over when you’re 30.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/18/20 at 9:44 pm

I'm 49 but I still feel like I'm 21.

That is, until I'm around a bunch of 21 year olds. Then I'm like nope, never mind.  ;D

Written By: suoerflykid2008 on 01/20/20 at 10:51 pm

early 30's are still young, but feels like a bigger responsibility age with higher expectations compared to your 20's, still sounds scary when I think about it, but again, I still have most of my 20's ahead of me. It's not til you hit 25 when the 2nd half of your 20's begin. That's not me yet. Most people are pretty stuck in their own minds about what they’re doing and what they’ll eat for lunch, etc, etc...

I’m 30 now and one thing that I realized as I’ve gotten older is that people really don’t care as much as you think they do about what is going on in your life. If you hit 25 and you haven’t accomplished everything that you want or even 30, it’ll be a way bigger deal to you than the average person who has their own life and issues to obsess over. No one cares what you have going on and that is one of the many wisdoms you’ll discover as you get older.

Written By: goodbants on 01/21/20 at 12:11 am

:o I can't even believe it myself.

I'm so used to us being the core youth that it's kinda surreal we're hitting the later part of our 20s and early 30s.

1990 babies will be 30.
1991 babies will be 29.
1992 babies will be 28.
1993 babies will be 27.
1994 babies will be 26.

That is just incredible to lol  ;D

I also notice more focus on Generation Z rather than Millennials. Gen Z are now starting to become the punching bags of older folk. When someone young does something stupid, I now see people saying "Generation Z is so ." It used to be Milleninals getting all the backlash and now it's the new generations turn to deal with all those annoying a** people. People are even using the word Millennial synonymously with young people less frequently.

Tbh I'm kinda glad there's a little less focus on us but as of right now, it seems Generation Z's treatment from older people is tame compared to the bs Millennials had to deal with.  ;D

Also, I see some Generation Zers expressing how they wish they were Millennials instead and how they hate their generation. Chile I never thought I'd see the day THAT would happen. People have always said everything is a cycle, but seeing it with your own eyes is much more impactful than just hearing it.

Sorry to do this to you, but if you want to feel super old then watch this

https://youtu.be/83lxOqHC0_g

Written By: xenzue on 01/21/20 at 11:27 pm

30 doesn't seem old to me at all. You're only about a decade removed from being a minor.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/22/20 at 3:21 am

30 now is honestly like 25 in the 1980s. The higher cost of living has completely changed expectations for younger adults, and it’s not even that uncommon for 30 year olds to still be living at home these days. Nobody now expects 30 year olds to have everything together.

Written By: imrane on 01/25/20 at 5:15 am

They might act younger but white people still age too fast compared to other ethnicities. ;D

Many 30 year old Whites already have wrinkles and look like mommies and poppies while most East Asians look like high school or college students well into their 30s.

I'm White btw and I find fellow late 80s-born females look much older than me since we were around 25. I'm 31 and yet everyone assumes I'm 23-25 at most which is rare for a White guy so dating women my age is hard. So even 90s born White people look washed out and older compared to Blacks or East Asians of the same age.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/25/20 at 7:35 am

They might act younger but white people still age too fast compared to other ethnicities. ;D

Many 30 year old Whites already have wrinkles and look like mommies and poppies while most East Asians look like high school or college students well into their 30s.

I'm White btw and I find fellow late 80s-born females look much older than me since we were around 25. I'm 31 and yet everyone assumes I'm 23-25 at most which is rare for a White guy so dating women my age is hard. So even 90s born White people look washed out and older compared to Blacks or East Asians of the same age.

People with fairer skin do typically age faster, but you’re being a bit dramatic. Most of the time I can’t tell how old anyone is between 25 and 35 because they all just look the same to me. Most of my white friends in their early 30s still get asked for ID when buying alcohol. My sister is 33 and gets carded and looks the same age as her 28 year old boyfriend. Saying white people over 25 look washed out is pretty damn insulting, and also not true.

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/25/20 at 9:47 am

Hey! I'm not dead yet. ;D

Written By: violet_shy on 01/25/20 at 10:09 am

I will miss my 30s when I turn 40 this September.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/25/20 at 1:39 pm

The daughter of a close friend passed away in 1997, at only 4 months of age.

It’s hard to believe that she would be 23 this year. It only seems like a short time ago.  :\'(

Written By: imrane on 01/25/20 at 2:26 pm

People with fairer skin do typically age faster, but you’re being a bit dramatic. Most of the time I can’t tell how old anyone is between 25 and 35 because they all just look the same to me. Most of my white friends in their early 30s still get asked for ID when buying alcohol. My sister is 33 and gets carded and looks the same age as her 28 year old boyfriend. Saying white people over 25 look washed out is pretty damn insulting, and also not true.

Well I guess most here age faster. We're probably the nation with the most smokers in the world so that could explain it. Smoking makes your skin worse for sure.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/25/20 at 2:49 pm

Well I guess most here age faster. We're probably the nation with the most smokers in the world so that could explain it. Smoking makes your skin worse for sure.

Smoking is one of the worst things you can do for your skin. That’s why 50 year old smokers look and sound 70.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/25/20 at 3:09 pm

Cameron Diaz is a good example of the dreaded "smoker's face".  :-[

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/25/20 at 3:19 pm

I also think your mid-late 20s is probably when bad habits catch up with you so you could end up looking older than you are if you don’t take good care of yourself. Just don’t smoke, and always wear sunscreen.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 01/25/20 at 3:54 pm

I'm a late '90s baby but it's crazy that I'll actually be 21 this year. I can legally drink by the end of the year.

It wasn't that long ago that I had just turned 13 and thought that my 20s are "far away" ;D.

I'll be 30 by the end of the decade and this decade is where basically all of my 20s will be in :o.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/26/20 at 9:50 am

90's babies are still young af. Lmao.

Written By: 2001 on 01/26/20 at 12:42 pm

Today is my cousin's 30th birthday. I remember going to her 10th birthday. For some reason, I never thought we would get this old :o

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/26/20 at 1:16 pm

Today is my cousin's 30th birthday. I remember going to her 10th birthday. For some reason, I never thought we would get this old :o
That's how I felt when my sister turned 30. She’s 34 this year, has a house and everything now. I still see her as a teenager..

Written By: Howard on 01/26/20 at 1:54 pm

How old would early 80's babies be today?

Written By: Howard on 01/26/20 at 1:54 pm

Happy Birthday to your cousin.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/20 at 1:55 pm

And mid 70's babies are getting close to 50. (just like me)  ;D

Written By: exodus08 on 01/26/20 at 3:23 pm

To me 2000s babies are still in their Dads ball sacks. LMAO

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/26/20 at 3:28 pm

And mid 70's babies are getting close to 50. (just like me)  ;D

We're gonna be these guys before much longer.  ;D

https://external-preview.redd.it/_iYp0fCz-V0p7l7z9Qt-SSAOvql7D-m9wiasDHt7HK0.jpg?auto=webp&s=e362fa6333bbe698d55d7b5f9bc77f3cd8921ee2

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/26/20 at 6:01 pm

To me 2000s babies are still in their Dads ball sacks. LMAO

The youngest teenagers are 12 years younger than me now which is kinda scary.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/27/20 at 2:47 pm

I'm glad she did in this case. Makes me feel less old.

Check for new replies or respond here...