inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hunger Games prequel novel will reveal villain's origins

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/22/20 at 8:49 am

A new Hunger Games novel is to be published in May, focusing on the back story of the villainous President Snow. Suzanne Collins's book series is a saga of rebellion and resistance in Panem, a dystopian version of America. The US author's original trilogy became a successful film franchise, starring Jennifer Lawrence as heroine Katniss. The prequel, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, will revolve around the young Snow, who was played on screen as an older man by Donald Sutherland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51204872

Subject: Re: Hunger Games prequel novel will reveal villain's origins

Written By: 2001 on 01/22/20 at 9:22 am

I'm really excited. I loved the books and was always interested in how Pamem came to be how it is. Especially now that climate change is a trending topic, this book will be pertinent to the times we live in.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/22/20 at 11:51 pm

Great opportunity for me to predict the future then... So we're expected to see a new Hunger Games movie in the early 2030s with Jennifer Lawrence making a cameo.  ;D

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/23/20 at 9:04 am

I'm really excited. I loved the books and was always interested in how Pamem came to be how it is. Especially now that climate change is a trending topic, this book will be pertinent to the times we live in.

I was always curious as to where each district of Panem was. Even though the books and movies never specified, the home district of Katniss District 12 appeared to be somewhere in Appalachia (like West Virginia). District 11 was somewhere in the South (the book described to have a hotter climate) and the population mostly of African-American descendants. The Capital was somewhere in the Rockies.

Check for new replies or respond here...