inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Weeknd' "Blinding Lights" is one of the few recent songs I love

Written By: imrane on 02/03/20 at 3:29 am

Could "Blinding Lights" be the start of a return to late 2000s/early 2010s happier-sounding music without mumbling? It sounds like an 80s song or a retro styled song from 2009-2014 to me, yet fresh in the sea of mumble gibberish songs.

Subject: Re: The Weeknd' "Blinding Lights" is one of the few recent songs I love

Written By: shadowcookie on 02/03/20 at 7:16 am

It’s one of my current favourite songs too.

Subject: Re: The Weeknd' "Blinding Lights" is one of the few recent songs I love

Written By: Sman12 on 02/03/20 at 7:37 am

I'm actually liking it better than "Heartless".

Written By: mc98 on 02/03/20 at 1:55 pm

There’s also that Dua Lipa song “Don’t Start Now”, which is a bop. I hope we get more songs like these in the early 2020s.

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/03/20 at 10:30 pm

Love that weeknd song. Sounds very 80s to me. Even has an 80s sounding synth patch.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/03/20 at 11:09 pm

I hate it. There's not a single popular song I like right now.

Check for new replies or respond here...